Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 7:11:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"It's cute." It hurts to laugh.[break][break]

It seems to bother more than it does Chu-e. He finishes his cleaning before he claims the corner of the couch again. This time, Chu-e pulls his legs up to curl under himself as he sits.[break][break]

"That stuff changes regardless of how I feel about it."[break][break]

There would be people who saw Chu-e and who he was and hate him instantly. Some would pity him. Some would think the could use him. It was all dependent on so many things out of Chu-e's control it wasn't worth his time to think about.[break][break]

"But who we are might resonate with others. If that's as a warning or inspiration, they're welcome to their own judgments."[break][break]

Chu-e pauses a moment, eyes unfocused for a moment. Then, sharp, to meet Howard's.[break][break]

"Would that bother you? To record the history as clear as you can, then have people debate different meanings?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 7:28:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
An irritated laugh rang out. The admin's red eye flickered, though it was impossible to tell if it was from Dynergy or his own conflicting ideals.

"Yeah. I'd like to close the book on everything after chronicling the absolute truth of our species. If people start debating my pedantic words to suit their own beliefs, it'd frustrate me to no end." Another exhale. The admin blew a strand of hair out of his way. "I want to see a world with no conflict, even over something like my historical accounts."

The paradox was that he'd never bear witness to it. Chu-e wouldn't either. By the time his statement was contested by historical scholars, time would have left them both to the dust.

Sometimes, he wished that time would simply stop and that the present would never change. That world would be hell ideal.

"And it's not cute." He pouted. A strange gesture on a strange face. "It's horribly depressing."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 7:40:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"It is."[break][break]

Chu-e hums, face softening a bit. It is still empty inside, but there is a sharp edge that is absent to his normal expression. It is not the eyes of someone trying to devour where he sat. There is no predatory intent.[break][break]

"That world would be peaceful, but it would be terribly boring."[break][break]

A world with no conflict at all? Even small ones?[break][break]

"People love to argue about things that don't matter. I think you could only stop that if you took away the world's free will."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 7:48:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Then the world is broken and it must be repaired."

The sunlight shined through the blinds as it set beneath the horizon. The words are spoken with conviction and absolute faith in the human condition. Their species is a violent one, but it is because of their kinship that Howard cannot help but love them.

If love was another form of greed, than Howard Slayte was a vessel from which sin overflowed.

"We are entitled to boredom. This generation has known too much suffering. People like you have known too much suffering. I want to get rid of all of that. Even if you find it boring..." He waits for the interjection. "...we are entitled to the happiness that accompanies it."

He looked away.

"Even you, as loathsome and prone to debaucheries as you are."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 8:05:24 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Instead of arguing, instead of any reaction that might respect- Chu-e's eyes just crinkle with more and more amusement as he speaks. It is like Chu-e is in on a joke that Howard is not. It is at his expense. It is fond and warm.[break][break]

"I think you misunderstand my stance on the matter."[break][break]

Sitting up slightly, Chu-e reaches for the remote again. Even muted, he starts to flip through the channels. Most of it is news coverage, quickly skipped. He ends up landing on some movie. A man is dangling from a train while another holds his hand, a herd of Bouffolant stampeding underneath.[break][break]

"When I was first admitted to the hospital, I was stuck in a room on my own. I couldn't get out of bed. I was too tired to watch TV. I was alone, staring at a ceiling for almost seven months. I was bored in a way that I couldn't describe. It was miserable."[break][break]

As he speaks, Chu-e squints at the TV. The men are both crying. The Bouffolant are headbutting the train.[break][break]

"I don't want people to suffer. But I wouldn't wish boredom on my worst enemy, either."[break][break]

Humming, Chu-e places the remote back down. Blue eyes slide to Howard again. He seems like he has more to say on the subject, but instead mischief lights in his gaze once more.[break][break]

"What 'debaucheries' do you think I partake in?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 8:22:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The television switched on. Meaningless channels flip by, until Chu-e switches on one of the Brycen-Man movies. It's the western one, part of what inspired Howard's aesthetic. His cowboy hat is a remnant of this western era, a meme sent from Howard Slayte to Michael Navidson to whoever would next wear the hat that sparked a legacy.

"That's not the world I desire. People should be allowed to explore, they should be allowed to live. Yet war? Ceaseless conflict over resources and delusion?" He shook his head once and huffed. "There must be a fine line, a compromise that leaves everyone content."

The nature of a compromise was misunderstood. A real compromise was meant to leave everyone unhappy.

It explained the admin's current state. A halfhearted commitment to both the League and to Rocket. His life was miserable as a result. Yet that desperate hope was what kept him sane, even when wallowing in the misery of compromise.

"It's just a meaningless wish, though. I can't enforce my will over the world." With a weary sigh, the admin leaned across the couch to rest his head on Chu-e's lap. "But I can't help but pity you, occasionally."

His eye searched the younger man's. Brown and white hair meshed together as Howard looked up at Chu-e. There's a hint of a smile.

"Didn't you break into my hospital room, disguised as a nurse?" His tone was conversational. "Debauchery."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 20:55:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

lays his head on Chu-e's lap. Thin fingers card through white and brown hair, nails gently scratching at the other man's scalp.[break][break]

"War, hunger, fear; it's a noble thing to want those things gone. But a life without conflict, even if that conflict is only debating the intended words of a dead man, isn't much of a life at all."[break][break]

Chu-e glances over at his bag, which has been pressed into a corner. It's Skitty printed, a duffel bag that looks mostly empty even closed.[break][break]

"Did you think I did that for my own 'enjoyment'?" He asks, of the nurses outfit. That set of clothes was floating somewhere in Sootopolis' waters for all Chu-e knew. Lowering his voice to a whisper, teasing, so Howard would have to strain to hear him. "Is that how you prefer to think of me, gemstone?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 22:47:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Gemstone. A stone of rare worth. A funny nickname that Chu-e insisted on using, even when the admin felt that he was worth nothing at all.

"You'd rather not spend your life in peace, going to work, lounging on my couch? You're so strange." Everyone in Rocket was. The organization was just the region's pile of rejects, each one abandoned by one thing or another. A nagging feeling pulled at his heart. "Although..."

He pursed his lips thoughtfully.

"It would be boring. There's hardly a dull day anymore." He blew a stand of hair towards Chu-e's face, where it stuck to his lips. "Though I wouldn't mind a break."

As Chu-e leaned in, the admin blearily blinked, almost too weary to grasp at the faint tones that struggled to reach his ears.

"You enjoyed it." Howard accused the younger man. "But you also needed it."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 23:34:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You say that as if you would appreciate me on your couch." Is prodded back, a raw joke slid between soft words.[break][break]

Chu-e wrinkles his nose at 's breath. A long day on the battlefield, the prep needed before that, and the spices Chu-e had put into into their meal- it hadn't exactly left the other minty and fresh. Other than a small face, though, there no complaints. An endless patience given for this moment.[break][break]

"I did, but not in the way you're thinking. It's nice to feel wanted."[break][break]

Physically. Emotionally. In whatever other ways. When you are seen as an object for so long, was it so wrong to be desired as one from time to time? If his only worth was in being pleasing to the eye, was it such a bad thing for him to try and serve that purpose?[break][break]

But that was whole mess of feelings he wasn't about to get into.[break][break]

"Don't you ever want people to think you're handsome?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 23:54:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I wanted to look cool." He admitted. In spite of Chu-e's heckling, the confession was what caused his face to flush slightly with embarrassment. "I loved the aesthetic as I grew up, and I thought it was a novel image. The rogue archaeologist finding his way into tombs to fight curses and steal treasure."

In the background, the television continued playing. A man in a cowboy hat and lasso swung from the horn of the stampeding Pokémon in order to end up on its back. His hat was eerily similar to the admin's own.

"Attractiveness was never on the table. It never crossed my mind. When me and my fiancée got engaged, I always wondered why she had chosen me. There were smarter people, stronger people, richer people..." Those doubts had consumed him until the latter had done him in, and left him in this situation.

Resting on Chu-e's lap.

What a strange turn of events.

"Now I look in the mirror and I see myself, and I can't help but feel revulsion and disgust. How can I feel wanted when I don't even want myself." His eye peered at the crystalline nails that occasionally appeared in his peripheral vision. "That's narcissistic. It's selfish."

It felt like a crime to speak of his own issues when Necrozma's mother was stroking his hair.

"Do you feel that way about your nails? They're hardly yours, are they?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 0:17:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"It sounds like you self sabotaged." Chu-e speaks, an expert in that matter. He thinks of his acidic vitriol in the face of 's affections. Would there be a universe out here where the Admin and himself had not ended so poorly? One where Chu-e loved himself enough to let another in? Or what of him and Leon? Of the fleeting attraction to ? Where Arthur still lived to keep his as 'Chu-e Wright'? Before any seeds could sprout, Chu-e had ripped them from the ground and tossed them into the fire. A creature like him never deserved love.[break][break]

But Chu-e was so tired of listening to those old demons.[break][break]

"I think it's selfish to try and make other people see you in the light you want. To not trust them when they tell you they like parts of you."[break][break]

The scratching pauses for a moment, as Chu-e mulls over what was really asking him.[break][break]

"I've felt like I don't fit in my own skin ever since I was attacked as a child."[break][break]

A whispered admission between the two of them.[break][break]

"Even if I don't want them, they're mine now. They're proof that I lived despite what happened to me. Even if I'm not proud of them, they're still a part of who I am."[break][break]

"If I woke up tomorrow and they were gone, it still wouldn't erase anything. You're not as weak or stupid as you thought you were."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 0:29:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I see. You're so self-assured." His eye fluttered shut. "So in control."

It's a perspective that the admin cannot incorporate into his own understanding of the world, but he can admire the confidence that Chu-e held in himself. He had always wondered how this small thing had reached the pinnacle of Team Rocket, how he had attracted Necrozma to him and became an underboss.

It made sense. The ambition in his heart had curdled but not died.

"But we're all entitled to a smidge of selfishness. It's not fair to others or to my profession, but we should be allowed to dictate how we're perceived to some degree."

A hand reached up to cup Chu-e's cheek. Howard's eye opened by a fraction of an inch.

"You poor thing." A few days of being in a skin that wasn't his own, and the admin was already slipping. How Chu-e handled it, the admin didn't know. Perhaps he didn't want to know. "And such a smooth talker."

A heavy sigh. His eye opened further.

"You need a hug."

A request, not an order.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 1:49:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Perhaps. But if someone has already made up their mind you, you'll just look like a desperate fool if you try and force them to change it."[break][break]

Chu-e intentionally does not think of his own interactions with up until this point. Of the attraction of violence even knowing that wasn't what Howard was. How it had changed, too, when the Admin's eye had turned to him not with appraisal but with scorn. Even then, it had made Chu-e feel stripped naked and vulnerable. To have all pretenses ripped away.[break][break]

Howard Slayte was the first person to look at Chu-e for who he was in years. Not for who he could be, or his position, or what he could do for Howard. Howard had simply seen Chu-e, even at his lowest and most disgusting, and had not thought of how to use him.[break][break]

Maybe that is why those other relationships, in some way, failed. The pretenses around who Chu-e was. Never just a person, but a tool to be used. A former Beast. A Kanto Rocket who led genocides. A sickly man to pity. A well to dump misplaced affection. Someone in need of fixing. An object of lust.[break][break]

They had shaved off the pieces of who Chu-e was to only see what they wanted, much like many did to Howard now.[break][break]

To be perceived was to be understood.[break][break]

To be perceived means one can not hide from the parts they prefer to keep buried.[break][break]

Howard cups Chu-e's cheek and for a moment the former Underboss looks like he might cry.[break][break]

The tears never fall, only sticking to thick lashes as they are blinked away. He had always hated crying.[break][break]

"I'd be okay with receiving one." A pause. Chu-e glances away from the burning Gaze of Howard Slayte. His face feels warm. "If it's you."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 2:44:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There was the hint of emotion in the former underboss's eyes. A reminder that the broken machinery worn down over years of abuse could, in fact, malfunction. It was a disconnect from the golems the admin often commanded and the antiques he coveted.

They had existed for centuries with minimal wear and minimal tear, yet flesh was far more fragile and far more prone to collapsing in on itself. Oaths written in steel or stone or ice could last forever, but flesh oftentimes betrayed any faith placed in it eventually. Yet that eventual betrayal meant that when it held its oath...

...it was special.

Chu-e Choi was special.

Once, he had dictated the world. He had ordered the beginning and end of everything with the wave of a sickly finger, his authority superseding his own limitations. That had disappeared. His rank had disappeared. His power had disappeared.

That was fine.

"Okay." He sat up, his vestigial warmth not yet leaving Chu-e. Howard regarded him thoughtfully, before leaning over to wrap artificial arms over a sickly and skeletal frame. There's a hint of flushing in his cheeks. "Come here."

His voice was a soft caress, distinct from the man who had ordered annihilation of a city. It was several moments before he spoke again to the doll held in his hands in an attempt to share what little warmth he had.

Softer still, his breath tickled Chu-e's ear.

"How's that?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
howard
smells bad
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,652 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
When The Battle Ended
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 4:53:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The absence of warmth is noticeable as soon as pulls away. It leaves Chu-e feeling colder than normal, poor circulation making thin skin icy and frigid. But Howard was used to ice, wasn't he? Embracing the snowy golem as he did. It was surprising that the man had any warmth left in him at all.[break][break]

Howard pulls Chu-e closer. Even expecting it, accepting it, he tenses briefly. How long had it been since he had allowed another man to get this close to him? Without the expectation of being used? Chu-e is stiff, unsure, in Howard's arms.[break][break]

Like a wounded animal, Chu-e curls into Howard's embrace. Shaking fingers lift to slide against the other man's chest, circle around to wrap around in a gentle squeeze. He melts against the other slowly, face finding Howard's shoulder. Forehead presses against the curse of his shoulder, then he shifts so his nose rests there instead. His own breath mists against the column of the other's throat and into his own face. He feels hot and dizzy all at once.[break][break]

Howard smells nice. Even under the sweat and grime and misery from Petalburg, the stink of war lingering, just underneath that Chu-e can smell his soap and cologne. He wonders if Howard can still detect the faint lemon and cherry scent under the salt from ocean and tears.[break][break]

"'S OK." Is muttered against Howard, voice low. Chu-e squeezes a bit harder, curls his legs up to rest his frail body further against the other. His grip is as desperate as it is fragile, a glass trinket ready to break.[break][break]

A shaky breath leaves his slowly trembling frame.[break][break]

A single leaked tear soaks into the other's shirt.[break][break]

Chu-e did not want to be let go.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times