mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
the border: fv
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 17:52:54 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
02 examine the broken seal to the east, found behind a roaring waterfall.
07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
15 become lost in the mist.
16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 18:00:18 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

Oh well. Oh shit. Through the worst luck making the worst surprise, Fenelle and the stranger, Vespa, have gotten miles away from finding that Jonathan person ... and instead have landed in what was unmistakenably an Ultra Wilds realm. Dee has only been to the Ultra Plant a couple of times, but the energy that dee feels here is definitely similiar.

Oh well.

"Seems like we got ourselves into an Ultra Wilds," Fenelle explains to the other as dee still carefully weighs what the hell to do in this situation. That's just really unfortunate. "We should try and find the exit asap." While der autism gang is technically quite good at combat, dee has no idea how they might behave in a world like this. Dee quickly recalls everyone except Porygon in der phone as well as Magnemite, trusting these two the most to keep their wits about them.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 16:11:57 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vespabaskerville"]
[attr="class","body"]

One moment, Vespa tries to explain away why Nathan would be catchable, even though it's theoretically her Pokémon, and then - something else. Zack-boom, one could say. She can only blink over the unfamiliar display, a scene right out of the weird simulation thing she keeps going back to. But this ... this feels real in a sense. Real-er. And, at the same time, completely unreal, bro.[break]
[break]
The Falinks Squad is looking around with suspicion, seemingly having immediately sensed that something is off and kept out of the Pokéball as they walk closely to their trainer in this anomaly of space and time. "... Uh? Oh, you're here, too," she says, blinking. What the heck is an Ultra Wilds? Does Cassandra know about this? "Well, but ... where is the exit, though?" she can agree with the sentiment that getting away asap is the right thing to do, but there is just. "It's just mist 'n' stuff. Where do we even go-" she says - but then, something else comes into vision. Huh ...? Something comes closer, accompanied by the sounds of wafting water ...[break]
[break]
-wait, water?

[break]

EXPEDITION: The Border (#1)

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
02 examine the broken seal to the east, found behind a roaring waterfall.[break]
07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.[break]
15 become lost in the mist.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville"]--accent:#57a586;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 19:18:14 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

Vespa asks good questions that Fenelle can't really answer as der internal stress actually also shows on the outside - for a moment, dee pondered appearing calm, but remembered that dee is a civilian now. This is an anomaly that doesn't happen to the regular civilian. Probably. There's some real hardcore ones out there, but dee is unsure if they actually count.

Still, back to the situation at hand, dee has to reply to a question. "We need to see ... if there's something that looks like a rift, I think we should be able to leave through there," Fenelle ponders, probably also having more knowledge than an average civilian about this ... but better than feigning complete ignorance. "Let's carefully walk for now - I think there's no way back from here." Dee looks behind Vespa, but is this where they came from? Or is it another direction ... and nearby, a waterfall is catching der and Magnemite's attention as they walk towards it.

And nearby ... a seal?

02 examine the broken seal to the east, found behind a roaring waterfall.
close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 4:17:44 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Vespa looks around in confusion, and then at Fenelle - how does dee know about the rift thing? It's a thought that doesn't remain unvoiced as she inquires, "how'd you know that it would be the exit?" And then, after a heartbeat, "wait, isn't that the plot of some comic, too? Are we in a sucked-into-literature kinda deal?" That'd be ... pretty weird, to be honest, but. Alright. It must be that there are worse things out here.[break]
[break]
Silver mist evaporates at the place where the waterfall of muted sapphire crashes into the depths, meets the ground somewhere - it'd be idyllic, if not for the utterly eerie atmosphere that comes with it. It gives Vespa chills down the spine and before getting lost on their own, she quickly follows them towards what appears to be a - broken seal? "Uh ... does that mean someone else was here before? Or that something bad will happen to us? Did something get, like, unchained?"

[break]

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
02 examine the broken seal to the east, found behind a roaring waterfall.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 18:03:10 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

Fenelle is unmoving for a moment, before signing nonchalantly, "Internet forums." This should be an answer that should be satisfactory for the other, right? Hopefully it is. It definitely feels like conspiracy theorists on the world wide web should fall into the same category as isekai. "I'm not actually sure," the Porygon's voice translates a pensive look with monotone, "but I don't think we're sucked anywhere. I believe I read that it's like an alternate dimension or world of some kind."

The broken seal ... ... Fenelle regards it with a spike of interest that quickly turns into feigned concern.

Is this then the origin of the treasures of ruin? dee wonders silently to demself.

"I hope not," is what dee would sign, however, "But I truly hope not ... how about we get away from here for the moment? In case whatever's got out is actually still around ... Maybe if we follow the river here, we will get somewhere...?"

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 7:16:34 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With the context of internet forums, ... a lot of things start to make sense. They do spout a lot of nonsense and Vespa watches a fair share of commentary videos that although she isn't on those, she has had a peek into that specific kind of place of the internet. Still ... something seems fishy, but maybe, she also really just doesn't get what the heck is going on. "I'm kinda surprised the internet is right," she comments rather with a huff and a laugh, looking around, "or something like that, anyway." It's really hard to judge or explain what they're facing right now in this eerie space.[break]
[break]
Although her curiosity has been spiked about this seal thing, it seems that Fenelle has other thoughts. Looking at the other with a pensive look, Vespa is quick to shrug and nod. "Sure, why not," she only remarks, having another last look at the seal before walking alongside the river. "So ... what have those internet forums been saying? Anything about how to get away?" This place does give her the creeps, so maybe ... but as she talks, she notices the fog thickening, white mist engulfing her. But that should be alright since they're just following the river, right?[break]
[break]
... How come she doesn't hear the river anymore?

[break]

- 3/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 15:31:03 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

Fenelle reads flickers of doubts, but it does seem like Vespa buys der lie ... for the moment, at least. "Yeah, me too ... it didn't seem like something to be correct about, but Hoenn does pride itself in different rulings than the rest of the world, I think ..." dee comments further as they move along the fog and the river.

Technically.

"Not really, it's been a mix of creepypastas and unreliable narrators," Fenelle admits (but dee knows, technically, but dee just can't pretend to know). "But is it just me or is the fog thicker now?"

They ... seem to have become lost. The river isn't there anymore, and given that they've taken several steps without considering that, it's hard to tell where they might be at now. That is, until a river does appear again ... ... but perhaps that's not the same.

A Gimmighoul appears in front of them, on a boat.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 12:39:41 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I guess ... the past of this region really got nothing on the present stuff going around," the young student comments with a little huff, though it's more - amused? Or maybe not really, since it all throws curveballs and whatnot into her quiet, peaceful life - to the point that it's really hard to say what's going to be the case in the end. Where are they all headed to? Surely not ... this place, right? Haha ...[break]
[break]
It seems she hasn't missed out on anything in the world wide web, though, only nodding along as Fenelle makes a correct observation. "No ... I also think it seems ... quite fishy - I mean, foggy," she mutters. At least she didn't get lost on her own, or that would have been really unpleasant. This, however ...[break]
[break]
Staring point-blank at the Gimmighoul appearing in front of them, it's not hard to guess what it wants. She has read up on them a few times in her spare time, though it's rare to encounter one - or is it? She can't remember. She only knows ... "Yuhh ... You want this?" she offers a single coin that she can find in her pockets, throwing it over to the Gimmighoul who scoffs, but seems to accept it nonetheless, making way for them to enter the boat. Hopefully it isn't so spiteful to take them somewhere strange ... "Look, sorry, I spent all my savings of the month on Gachapon merch ..." she mutters, more to herself than to the Pokémon.

[break]

- 4/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 14:51:16 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

"Nothing of worth at least," Fenelle signs back at Vespa, and a small digital chime that is indicated by a little glitch across the screen makes the translating Porygon's opinion known. Dee pats the little guy in the phone once, adding then, "But missing something nonethless, I suppose."

They, as in the duo and the group, have seemed to miss their line to follow. The curves of the river suddenly disappear, and then, a couple of steps further, seem to reappear ... but Fenelle, frankly, isn't really sure if they'd actually find the way out if they interacted with this creature.

(In fact, part of dem wonders if dee could catch it without Vespa noticing so dee could sacrifice it to build Genesect.)

But, dee also manages to get out a coin so that the Gimmighoul would take dem onto the boat, and dee actually recalls most of der team so they wouldn't get lost during the boat ride when dee can't really walk on der own. So there's only Porygon from the six remaining.

At the mention of Gachapon merch, the Poryphone actually gets excited.

Oh no, dee signs without it getting translated because the Porygon has started to pull up pictures from Fenelle's phone to show Vespa its own massive collection. There's even pictures that dee hasn't been aware of. And you only started with that a couple of months ago ... You let it do one job and have its own money and that happens.

Still, they actually end up somewhere, and the journey's been tiring ... physically grabbing der Poryphone, dee taps it so it would start translating again, "Shall we take a break here? Don't think we'll get anywhere anytime soon."

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 11:23:24 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It seems that there are more mysteries to be found than she would have initially anticipated. Still, there is almost something ... serene amidst the mist. Perhaps because this feels so timeless, like suspended in time and space? Like such a thing won't even matter in this place, and there is other things that should be of more concern than the passage of time - than where they are right now, even as being on a strange boat to get to the other end of the river (hopefully) is quite concerning when she doesn't really trust the Gimmighoul. She thinks it's a funny one, though.[break]
[break]
Before she can think too deeply about whether or not two coins would be enough to pay the actual fee, she gets roped into watching pictures of an impressive gachapon collection. Some she hasn't even seen - she lets out approving noises - and some she even wanted herself! "Damn ... you're good," she says with respect in her voice, acknowledging a fellow gambling enthusiast as she sees one. Nothing like pulling out plastic balls and open them to see what's inside.[break]
[break]
Vespa would love to discuss more about the various gachapons, and also if the Porygon has any strategy or lucky rituals that it does before a pull - but they are already reaching the shore, and as she touches the ground of this strange land again, she is overcome with a sense of fatigue. Where are they even? It feels like nothing and everything has passed them by. She can't even see the Gimmighoul anymore, but at least there are trees of sorts that provide at least a little shelter within this fog. "Yeah ... that sounds good," she nods as she has to suppress a yawn. "Let me just ..."[break]
[break]
She pulls out the Falinks Squad from their ball as she sits down, contemplating in what strange place they find themselves stuck in now. But for now ... maybe a little power nap will be fine ...

[break]

- 5/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP