Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Epistolary [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 22:07:47 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]To write an email is human, to receive one is: Divine!
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]To her infinite regret, Aurelie knew all too well that Rocket's archives, libraries, or even personnel didn't contain the sum of human knowledge. Especially when it came to particularly specialized, amorphous, or just classified knowledge out of reach for ordinary grunts.

The redhead glanced speculatively at the Calyrex shard that she had been granted with. Or possibly cursed with. It wasn't the most terrifying being in the multiverse, to be sure, and she wasn't an avatar, merely a holder. But still, it was more legendary and unique than any other Pokemon she possessed.

But it also wasn't the first in Hoenn, and therein lay both her interest and her difficulty. Since spring, reports and stories had indicated that the League had their own Calyrex shard. She'd gotten some information about Calyrex itself from Galarians in Rocket and from bribing an admin with a dish of bouillabaisse stew.

None of that information had concerned shards, though, or how they behaved or how much they might differ from the original Pokemon. The League surely knew more than Rocket did about real, live Calyrex shards, and certainly far more than she did.

What have they learned from it? Or about it? Aurelie wondered. What do they know that we don't? And most pressingly, how do I find out what they know?

Aurelie didn't dare approach any of the League's researchers or scientists directly with her questions, though. They would guess who she was and realize she was Rocket, and unlike , she wasn't brave enough, powerful enough, or mad enough to endure the notoriety, let alone losing her shop or livelihood.

And the League's Head Professor... Aurelie remembered seeing her in the Silent Icelands, brilliant with glory after becoming Palkia's avatar. The thought of announcing herself to her sent shudders not only down her spine but deep into her soul. No, if she wanted answers from Dr. Reyes, she'd reach out quietly and anonymously.

So it was that in the morning, before she'd opened up her shop, Aurelie found herself creating a brand-new email address on Pokemail and typing out an email to the League's Head Professor:

Dear Professor Reyes,

I am a Pokemon trainer with interest particularly in researching Legendary Pokemon. I'm reaching out because of your work on Pokemon history, lore, and biology in general, as well as your understanding of Legendary Pokemon in particular.

I am looking for some assistance in understanding a particular topic in my current research, which I think may be in your area of specialization. I have become aware of Legendary shards that exist in Hoenn and would love to learn more about them. How do they differ from the original Legendary? How are shards created? What are they capable of, compared to the original?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and hope to be able to correspond with you further on the topic of Legendary shards. Thank you for your time and your help with this complicated topic.

Sincerely,
Jane Smith

She wasn't sure if the Head Professor would even read the email, let alone write back. Especially when the name was an obvious pseudonym. Yet, Aurelie wanted as much knowledge as she could get. And as foolish as she felt for emailing, she knew she'd feel an even bigger fool for not asking.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Post The First Wave

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Epistolary [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 2:48:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb illie"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage1"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
lonely is the muse.

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

type, fact check, type, send.

[break][break]

the process of answering emails grows tedious in the days after sootopolis. she takes breaks in between to pour herself into new concepts of projects and experiments, but otherwise, the first week back feels more and more like one giant email chain.

[break][break]

each one contains new information of the warfronts - whether it's a status report of the injured, statistics surrounding the casualties, or an overview of each person's account of their experience in the clashes, she reviews and files them away in their respective folders.

[break][break]

a new one pops up after a few minutes, the soft chime of mail being received in her inbox echoing throughout the office. her eyes dart for a moment to find it, to quickly scan the subject line.

[break][break]

and where she expects to find another report, her lips part in mild surprise.

[break][break]

legendary questions?

[break][break]

she finishes the current email with a few quick keystrokes and hits send before clicking over to the newest email. part of her expects to open it up to find spam, or even a meme, but the body of the email looks entirely sound... coherent and intriguing enough for her to hit reply and begin typing.

[break][break]

dear jane,

[break][break]

thank you for your email! it's an honor to assist an aspiring trainer in their research surrounding the legendary pokemon of our world. i do have a specialty in the questions you have listed. i will do my best to provide as much insight as i can for your research.

[break][break]

legendary pokemon are rather interesting creatures. some of them break pieces of themselves off in order to walk amongst the living, but the real body of the legendary still exists comorbidly with the shard. think in the way you would break off a piece of a cookie - it is still the same cookie with the same ingredients and properties, but smaller and easier to digest.

[break][break]

sometimes, these shards - or pieces of the whole cookie - are bestowed upon humans as non-sentient forms of the legendary pokemon itself. they are still essentially the same creature, but they lack the soundness of mind to be considered the true legendary. in a way, they are a compact version of the same being, though they might have some differences. reports of legendary shards have differed from that of the original legendary itself, depending on the exact pokemon in question. for example, the palkia aligned with the league is a shard, but it is utilized as a stand-in for the original, who can be summoned at any point if its avatar calls.

[break][break]

this is not, however, to say all shards of legendary pokemon will function in the same manner. how they act, what they're capable of... well, that does depend on the legendary itself. they are typically able to access the legendary pokemon's attacks and abilities, but they might not be capable of thought or speech if the original is.

[break][break]

is there a particular shard you were more interested in?

[break][break]

i'd be happy to help answer any further questions you have!

[break][break]

kind regards,[break]
illeana reyes[break]
head professor[break]
pokemon league - hoenn science division

[break][break]

after proofreading the email, she flashes a small, content smile to the screen and hits send.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] [break]
post the first wave - email chain.

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".illie"]--accent: #E37474!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP