thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 12:35:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He offers a sympathetic grimace as Raziel trails off. He'd panicked over losing a single memory to 's experiments, cried over the slow ebb of his memories of a false Galar and the daughter he'd never really had. He couldn't imagine losing six years of his real life.[break][break]

He kicks himself silently for feeling back for someone who'd betrayed him. This was such a confusing situation for everyone involved.[break][break]

"Any time," he says, pushing his misgivings aside. "And don't worry about it. I got dragged off to Hoenn shortly after you-" He almost says left, but that's not how this timeline would've went. He makes a note to ask for the finer details of the fabrication. "Well. After what happened with your dad."[break][break]

He hopes it's enough to leave it at that.[break][break]

"I remember all of my life," he says, adding a drily humourous, "unfortunately. So if you're curious about anything, just ask." Which reminds him: "You asked about my powers. So there's these people, Avatars, that have been blessed by legendary Pokémon. They - uh, we - essentially have superpowers? I know that's probably a lot to take in, but I swear I'm not fucking with you."[break][break]

Hopefully the SHADOW MIASMA was proof enough of that. He gives space for Raziel to interject, flicking his wrist to shift the fog and show that it's under his control.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 13:58:25 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"] [break]

[break]
[attr="class","leprosearlo"]

"Yeah... Him" he merely mumbles leaving it that as it seemed Raziel was as willing to talk about it as much as the other was. The young man leaning back against the wall as his eyes droop slightly. The fear and stress from earlier, the mixed emotions of seeing Gavin and more has spent what little energy he had and the fatigue was hitting him like a rock.[break][break]

Yet he still listens at the explanation, head tilting as the smoke moves at the other's will, "So smoke bending is your power?" he questions tiredly still trying to wrap his head around it all.

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:Hammersmith One;color:#9d2d63;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#9d2d63;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 21:58:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

You were an Avatar, once.[break][break]

Perhaps it was a mercy to have cleansed Raziel's mind of that absence. Cillian can't imagine living with the void that Lugia's absence would leave in his body, his mind. He was so acclimated to the flow of her corrupt infinity energy through his veins that it felt more unnatural without it.[break][break]

He wonders if it had been the same for Razz. Obviously, he doesn't ask.[break][break]

"Be pretty lame if it was," he says instead, laughing off his internal discomfort. "The miasma does more than make me look like a B-movie villain. It powers up my Shadow Pokemon, and me. And it's not the only thing I can do."[break][break]

The veins of his left arm pulse deep purple, the colour seeming to bleed from the spidery lines of a circulatory system and darken to the colours of void, creeping up his wrist and swallowing his hand. Umbral claws flex with none of the stiffness his fingers had shown.[break][break]

"It's easier to do when I'm... heightened," he admits. "Especially when I'm angry."[break][break]

It felt more natural then, more like breathing. But he was getting better at making his powers bend to his will, even if it was slower progress than he'd have liked. It was like exercising a new muscle. Sometimes that muscle operated of its own volition, his aura reacting faster than he consciously could to protect him in dangerous situations.[break][break]

"I can turn Pokémon against their trainers, too."[break][break]

He doesn't go into detail about the specifics, like how it only worked on Shadows when they were conscious but worked on just about anything once it was downed or dead. He doesn't want Raziel to know all of his secrets... just in case.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 23:33:00 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Raziel just blinks at him and gives a tilt of his head at the B-movie comment. Tired eyes narrowing slightly as if in thought about it, "Is it because you're blond? Though I'd think it need to be a bit more yellow for that," he questions momentarily as its clear he wasn't familiar with the term and thinking of a literal bee villain. The only media he had been allowed to watch had to be educational otherwise it was on the ban list for him. [break][break]

Though for a moment the tiredness leaves him as Gavin performs his 'powers' and unconsciously he just tries to sink more into the wall as one hand moves to his Bulbasuar as if it could protect him. It was a mix between cool but also creepy. There is that paranoid voice that reminds him that higher ups didn't always need a reason for their actions. He tries to think that this was just a demonstration, yet that lingering feeling that Gavin might still have a problem with him now prodded him. [break][break]

"Are you... angry now?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#9d2d63;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 14:27:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Raziel's literal interpretation goes right over Cillian's head, leaving him confused. His brows knit together as he frowns, trying to process. What did the colour of his hair have to do with anything?[break][break]

It's much easier to answer the other question.[break][break]

"No. You'd be able to tell if I was."[break][break]

It was hard to conceal his rage, these days. His veins turned dark, his eyes deep violet. His entire visage shifted beneath the corruption of his aura. To change it consciously was not so simple.[break][break]

He is conflicted on how to feel about Raziel's presence in Rocket, in his life, but he is not angry. Not any more. He'd dealt with the anger in the privacy of his waterlogged home, the sunken ruins of the life he'd built with Temp. Now, he felt only tired.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 14:58:14 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Shoulders slump as he visibility relaxes at the answer, his body becoming more tired at the sudden released stress. Part of him wants to ask the Underboss if he could just rest but he fights it. It's not his place he's there to serve their wimps not the other way around. [Break][break]

There was a higher key...[Break][break]

"So then Doctor professor Milaro, his short term memory clearly not working at 100% given the name already. "Shadow pokemon... Are they like the experiments we tried to create in the labs? Or they more anomalies like Bulbasaur here?" he questions as he tries to keep himself awake for the other's visit.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ bingo professor (4)

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Recovery
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 0:55:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Just 'Dr. Quinn'," he corrects, with the tired patience of someone who's grown accustomed to being called the wrong name. "I was never a professor."[break][break]

There's no bitterness there. Not now, with the reflection of years. He might've led a very different life if he'd not been expelled from his post-graduate program in Galar, but there was no use dwelling on what could have been. All that mattered was now. All that mattered was Rocket.[break][break]

"We did more than try to create Shadow Pokemon." Oh, how he wished he'd been a part of the initial, beautiful project. All attempts to restore the Shadow Machine had failed. "But that's not the only way they've come about. I'd rather not overwhelm you while you're still in recovery, but I can go into more detail another time." His attention flicks to Bulbasaur. "That Bulbasaur of yours, though, they've taken to calling them Toxic Chain Pokémon. I've only got the one. I think has been looking into them, if you want a scientist that can tell you more."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven