mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
the border: fv #2
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 14:36:34 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.

21 encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.

10 become possessed by a spirit attempting to return to life.

19 involve a waterfall in some way (e.g. training, obstacle).
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 14:40:23 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

And here they are ... after a short moment of rest that has been filled with Porygon excitedly telling Vespa all about its collection. At least it makes Fenelle aware that the collection indeed has grown since the last time dee's seen it - but gladly, der own funds haven't really been touched, so most of the funding must've come from somewhere else. And frankly, dee doesn't really care for anything else.

Eventually, however, dee taps the back of der Poryphone to get its attention so it could start translating again. "Shall we continue onward? I think we can slowly see if we can find a way out ... I feel well-rested, at least."

However, a look on the ground seems to confirm the opposite. Dee blinks rapidly. Did der shadow just ... move? And without dee having moved? It even seems to communicate using sign, but unfortunately, all the intelligibleness goes lost in shadow.

18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.
close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 15:02:44 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vespabaskerville"]
[attr="class","body"]

Vespa has been very dutifully and diligently listened to all of the Porygon's rambling about its collection, approving it with the eye of a critique - it's mostly just supportive vibes, though, knowing how difficult it can be to live with such a collection ... but how difficult yet, to make it stop! Like, should one, really? Probably ... maybe ... but in this very place that has a mystic atmosphere of Death and suchlike, she can only really say, "don't wanna die rich, eh?" Though, thinking on that Gimmighoul back then ... maybe having a few more coins to one's name by the end might cut it, too. It doesn't seem very fond of Gachapon prizes.[break]
[break]
Now that they have rested, however, Vespa feels ready to tackle this whole strange place again, nodding over to Fenelle with a determined look. "Let's get the heck outta here!" Although there is some intrigue in this place, now that she thinks about it ... she feels quite lost and that isn't a feeling she necessarily needs to feel amplified.[break]
[break]
"I hear water again ... but it's much faster this time, wanna go there? Seems like water is, like, a running gag here, or something," Vespa muses, looking at the everlasting fog that mists the ground, too. It makes it hard to discern one's shadow, in her opinion, as she blinks away anything that doesn't make sense in her head.

[break]

EXPEDITION: The Border (#2)

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
10 become possessed by a spirit attempting to return to life.[break]
18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.[break]
19 involve a waterfall in some way (e.g. training, obstacle).[break]
21 encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville"]--accent:#57a586;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 16:37:29 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

The Porygon seems to confirm Vess' words with some bit sounds, to which Fenelle can only shake der head. But at least, with that topic done, Porygon would be more than happy to provide some more translation services for Fenelle, so that's good. They would also be needed in form of describing what exactly has been going on in their environment. A waterfall again ... interesting.

"I wonder if it's connected to the seal and the water fall we saw a while ago. Guess we can only see and find out ..." Fenelle says as they continue their journey, and sure enough, they are following a river again that seems to either have originated or leads to a waterfall. "Are the sounds getting louder or quieter?" dee asks the other, as der Porygon is fairly bad to report on that.

Still, there's also ... something that makes Fenelle frown. A sensation almost like ... a full body chill that travels further, into the ground seemingly, and ... "Oh."

There's a whole march of souls now - a mix of pokémon and humans alike that wander just a few meters from them, almost holding a parade that seems desperate. Running water ... in stories there to keep vampires at bay, sometimes. Dee wonders if the same applies to ghosts.

Are they trapped on, possibly, an island?

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2024 17:16:05 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Vespa nods as they traverse this strange place, so close to the spiritual that is is quite ... eerie. Yet, there is a forlorn sense of homecoming, too, as if this would be where they end up, in the long run, any one way. Or maybe, she is quite too morbid for thinking such a thing when she is barely close to her twenties. "Yeah ... dunno, it all seems a little intertwined, to be honest," she remarks, face scrunching up in thought as she lets her eyes wander over the entire expanse of what they are witnessing rather than the shenanigans that happen near her feet.[break]
[break]
Hm. Strange place for sure.[break]
[break]
-that turns even stranger now as a group marches by, consisting of both humans and Pokémon, all kinds of creatures whose expressions are distorted, grimaces of their living selves, with despair sticking to them like sweat. Vespa feels herself drawn a little to it, leaving the other behind as she marches close to the parade - and the parade response in turn, some eyes turning to the young student - and one even plucking itself out from the entire march to approach Vespa, and to ... Her body twists unnaturally as the spirit begins to merge with her, shadows surrounding her and silver mist dancing forth and back from the motions when in one outburst, a voice echoes throughout the lands.[break]
[break]
"I'm ...! I'm! I'M GONNA BE ALIVE!!"

[break]

- 2/5+ posts required.[break]
18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vespabaskerville .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:16:09 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some warping shit happening and we're walking in circles," Fenelle scoffs a bit, maybe a bit too close to der real persona compared to the friendly civilian dee has so carefully crafted over the years. Still, that situation is growing more and more eerie, and it's not made better by that teen just- walking away?!

"Where are you going?" dee signs, and the Porygon speaking in der stead actually sounds a bit worried about its new Gacha addict friend. And the worry also seems to be rightfully placed, as- a ghost?! Posseses?! Her?!

There is no sound, no word as Fenelle's expression grows horrified, confused and indignant at ghost!Vespa's words, and dee simply steps forward and slaps the kid, as if that would exorcis the ghost out of her body.

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:21:34 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The slap, though well-aimed, misses the body entirely as it disappears in a wisp of smoke, only to appear a few feet further down. With a cackling laughter, something otherworldly in all the wrong senses overtaking her face, "Vespa" is making her way to wherever she wants to be going, something sinister following her as the shadows bend and burst by her feet - that aren't touching the ground anymore as she begins to float, as if commanding the mist in this way to conceal more and more of her.[break]
[break]
"Yes ... yes, I'll take this one and - kewkewkewkewkew," a voice cackles, booming much more than a teenager's voice should, even with a cracking voice, her limbs unnaturally bent as she looks this way or that way.[break]
[break]
For a flash, her face flickers back to normal, a disgust only performable by a teenager living through an existential crisis visible, "what the-" sounding in Vespa's normal voice before it's all back to the grimace of a person.

[break]

- 3/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:27:17 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

How does one strangle someone without actually strangling someone and while also appearing like your normal civilian? If dee would just be demself entirely, the rage would've been easy, as this whole situation is ridiculous and dee frankly has lost der cool. It shouldn't have happened in the first place, but maybe, just maybe, dee is a bit spooked by ghosts here.

Even if der sibling does favour this typing.

"THE LIVING CAN'T MOVE LIKE THAT THOUGH, IDIOT," a booming voice sounds from the Poryphone as it translates Fenelle's sign into speech, hoping that, if the physical contact is futile, mere roasting and burning on a mental level might do the trick. What does this ghost think, that it'll live again by making a living body more ghastly?!

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:33:36 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Vespa"'s body seems to be dispersing amidst the mist already, possibly finding their own kind of exit when - suddenly, it all halts and the young student is back to her regular form, still with a ghastly expression on her face, but visibly more confused, a deep frown hanging in her face that shouldn't be possibly by a normal human. "W-what do you mean ..." the voice echoes rather than speaks, "but this is a baaaaad place! I don't wanna!! I! Don't! Wanna!!"[break]
[break]
Now "Vespa" fully throws a tantrum, throwing the body onto the ground as it rolls around in the mist-covered ground, stirring the fog as the parade of soulmarchers is fading into the distance while eerily remaining close-by, the eyes all seemingly fixated on their lost member that is currently in Vespa's body.[break]
[break]
"Dunwannadunwannadunwanna!"[break]
[break]
Somewhere, one could get the impression of a teenager cringing very hard, averting her eyes and slapping her forehead as she does so.

[break]

- 4/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:41:22 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

Fenelle has hoped that this would be enough to fully let that ghost leave the body, but unfortunately, it's not. Gladly, Fenelle did go to the gym in the past few weeks in preparation of war and everything, so dee is not as physically frail as a couple of months before. So, dee simply sighs and calls for der Ralts as well as der Fuecoco. The waters would be icy ... but the river is still nearby, and the waterfall is, according to Porygon, still audible. Now that it's distracted by throwing a tantrum, Fenelle walks over to it, and grabs it. Der Ralts also assists with his psychic powers, counteracting should the ghost think about teleporting again after having been told that this is a bad place.

Alright, there has been something said about water, right?

It's a bit of a ridiculous picture as the smaller but older one wrestles with the taller but younger one towards the water - the idea has first been to dip completely and apologise later with a warm Fuecoco, but ... maybe one limb would be enough, actually, dee thinks in the struggle. Just to spook that ghost out and be on their merry way again-

close tab

played by

yuen

Vess, Vee
she/her
eighteen
February 19
Mossdeep City
lesbian asexual
student (private school)
civilian
so long,
ghost song.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vespa
Vespa Baskerville
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2024 16:51:11 GMT
Vespa Baskerville Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Vespa" is so immersed in her own tantrum that she doesn't notice being dragged until she's already fully in the other's control - continuing to whine and move as much as possible, but with the Ralt's Psychic hold, it truly is nothing. "I'll - I'll sue you! Imma tell Big Guy all about you! You heinous creature! You-"[break]
[break]
And further the complaints don't go as the water touches the young student's body - but unlike Fenelle's calculation of just dipping her arm into things, there is a sudden rush next to them, revealing how close they have been to a waterfall all along as the current takes Vespa's full body with it. Fortunately, it does reduce the spirit-in-question into a mere wisp in the water's strangely pure, strangely white colour, and frees Vespa from the possession, but .... As the foreign soul is departing her body, she is falling into the waterfall's rushing waves, drifting alongside the river like a corpse ...[break]
[break]
She dreams, of something sour - and salty.

[break]

- 5/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times