A nice cup of tea [C]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 3:35:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Lavaridge was such a nice cozy town which really lived up to its reputation. Definitely a place that Joseph would come back to for some well deserved rest and relaxation, so it was just a shame that the young man wasn’t really here just to soak at the spa but instead was here for work.

no one would really be able to pick up that. For the most part he appeared to be like any other tourist. But Joseph was here to meet with the town’s own gym leader and someone he had been familiar with for a bit of time now.

Stormy Silph of the famous or infamous depending on how who you’re talking to, Silph family was the person that Joseph was here to meet. When was the last time that they had met? It’d been quite some time now, at some sort of fancy

gathering in which Joseph was bored out of his mind. Stormy has been quite the busy bee since the last time they meet. From all the stuff that’s been going on in this region that’s she been involved with and even becoming a gym leader, quite the difference from the old days.

Though he supposed he shouldn’t be surprised. But she wasn’t the only Silph that was busy these days. Quite the interesting family they were. That’s why when Joseph called up Stormy and told her he was going to be in town and for her to meet him here.

And where was that exactly? Just in front of a nice center where Joseph was enjoying himself a nice cup of tea while his Pachirisu played about. Hopefully, she didn’t have him waiting for too long.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 1:01:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]@joseph
[break]

When Stormy arrives she's out of breath, overwhelmed by the amount of activities she had been involved in today. More and more young trainers had arrived in Lavaridge to challenge her gym. The hot springs still required renovations to be overseen and dealt with. And, for whatever reason, a young man by the name of Joseph Wick had called asking for a meeting with her.[break][break]

It had surprised her, honestly, that he was looking for her and not for someone more experienced and political like Fernando Silph. Anyone on the council was probably a better person to speak with about political matters. Perhaps, however, she was overreacting and this was just a simple chat over a cup of coffee. That would be nice.[break][break]

Regardless, she had hastily changed into more casual attire instead of the sweaty gym clothes she had been melting into all day prior. [break][break]

A Pachirisu would run past her ankles and she'd pause momentarily to observe it, a small smile pressed into her cheeks. With a final glance at herslf in the center's window to make sure she didn't look out of place, Stormy would take note of the one familiar face sitting outside of the building.[break][break]

"Mr. Wick? I hope I haven't kept you waiting long, my last meeting went on longer than anticipated."[break][break]

She offers him a warm smile as she approaches. Her posture remains open and confident, anticipating his greeting.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2019 7:28:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ah and here she was finally! Joseph was beginning to worry that the tea would get cold before she’d even arrive. Honestly he should give the girl some grief over this but he was in a forgiving mood so for now he’d forget about it.

”Oh no my dear! It’s quite alright!” He waved dismissively, shooing away the thought. ”Don’t you worry about it. You were busy with important work I’m sure.” Joseph said, reassuring the young woman he was not offended in the slightest by her tardiness. He’d then gesture for her to take the seat across from him.

”And please Joseph is just fine! Mr. Wick sounds much too strange for my liking.” He laughed. Once she took a seat he’d offer a cup of warm tea. If she took the offer he’d pour her a cup.

”I appreciate it greatly that you took time out of your busy schedule to come and join me for a simple cup of tea.” Of course there was more than that but no need to be oh so serious.

”Speaking of which you have been quite the busy bee haven’t you?” Ask he spoke he took a sip from his own cup, eyes studying the girl.

”So tell me, how have you been adjusting to life here in Hoenn? Balancing both your life as a Gym Leader, Ranger, and Silph! You must tell me your secret to that balancing act!” And please do, tell him all your secrets.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 16:52:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

He waves away her concern, but if Stormy is being honest with herself, she wasn't really the least bit concerned she'd made him wait. She was a busy woman and had already been involved in prior arrangements, and as such, had promised to meet with him for tea.[break][break]

"Yes, I was! The life of a gym leader is never boring after all."[break][break]

She smiles as she takes a seat across from him, making herself comfortable. He offers her a cup of tea and she takes it, wrapping her fingers around the warm container and breathing in the sweet aroma.[break][break]

"Of course! It sounded important and I wouldn't miss it for anything, Joseph."[break][break]

Stormy blinks, pausing on his suggestion she had been busy. It was more than true, she felt like she hadn't really had a moment to herself in some time. More often than not if she wasn't in Lavaridge helping run the hot springs, she was running ranger missions.[break][break]

She laughs at his speech and she pushes a curtain of hair over her shoulder, a smile on her face.[break][break]

"Oh, you're putting me on such a pedestal. I just take it day by day, honestly. I can't stand not doing something - perhaps I'm obsessed with keeping busy."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 16:42:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph laughed a bit as Stormy’s comment about obsession hit quite close to home. He took a sip of his tea, taking the moment to mull over why he was here and what he had to do. ”I know what you mean!” He laughed.

”I get restless just thinking about having nothing to do!” That was mostly true but he sure did wish right now he could sleep in all day and not have to worry about doing anything. But mother dearest would most certainly have his head if he were ever caught doing something like that, not on her payroll.

”But perhaps a break every now and then is of course important.” He took another sip of his tea, looking the girl up and down. ”Still, it’s crazy to think how far you’ve come since the last time I spoke with you.” Perhaps he was just more surprised she hasn’t completely imploded from all the responsibility and pressure.

”All that aside I’ve got some things planned for us today but first things first! I’m very curious about something.” He pet his Pachirisu as the squirrel hopped onto the table.

”I’d love to see this gym of yours! I want to see what Gym Leader Stormy Silph’s life is like.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 16:58:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Perhaps it's habit, but she picks up quickly on the fact that the two of them pick up their hot drinks to sip at the same time, one following another. It causes her to purse her lips in a small, amused smile.[break][break]

"Right? I'd be bored out of my mind, I fear, if I let myself sit around and do nothing."[break][break]

The woman sets her cup down in front of her, the warm steam still lazily lifts from the mouth of the cup. At his next comment she strikes a surprised, exaggerated pose, mouth covering her hand as she tilts her head back and gazes at him.[break][break]

"Crazy? What, had you no faith in me?"[break][break]

Stormy's lip curls up in a smirk and she glances over her shoulder in the direction of her gym. A thoughtful look crosses her face and she shrugs as she stands up.[break][break]

"Of course! I'd love to show it to you. It's nothing fancy, I'm afraid, but it is quite relaxing if you don't mind a little steam."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 17:04:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He only smirked at her response to his teasing, she was a good sport about it. ”Wonderful!” Joseph would put his cup down and stand up, his Pachirisu climbing up on his shoulder for a free ride. ”I haven’t had many experiences with gyms outside of Galar.” He explained which is what drove his curiosity.

”How you other regions make it so quant and much more personal is interesting.” And a much needed change of pace in comparison to what he had to deal with back home. ”Must be a lot easier to deal with, being so small scale.” He’d add.

”So what sort of challenges do you put your trainers through?” He’d ask.

”Some sort of endurance training to see how long they can handle steam? Fight in a battlefield which has steaming water spouting from below?”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 15:28:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

He admits his lack of experience with gyms and the woman shrugs.[break][break]

"That's alright. I think you might find my style simplistic and straightforward - but it's what I'd grown up with in Kanto."[break][break]

Stormy smiles at his observation and compliment, glancing over her shoulder at the man.[break][break]

"Quaint and personal.. I kind of like that description. I am intrigued by Galar's challenges as well, though. The fact that your region intends to challenge the trainer as well as their Pokemon.. it's good."[break][break]

For a moment, she thinks about what he's said. Perhaps he's right, perhaps it is a lot easier to deal with gym challenges when there's only one priority and goal.[break][break]

They approach her gym, or the front of it. Considering the gym is attached to the local hot springs, it's a little unimpressive at first. She pushes through the doors and waves her hand at the surrounding area.[break][break]

"Well, you have to get past the prying eyes of the tourists and gym battler observers. The gym is attached to the hot springs, allowing the customers to enjoy a relaxing sauna and bath while also watching gym challenges. If they want, of course. The gym is further in and a fair distance away so we don't interfere with their spa day."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A nice cup of tea [C]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 2:06:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph made sure to burn the sight of the gym into his mind along with everything else that he was seeing. This was of course one of the main reasons why he wanted to meet up with Silph in the first place so it would be a waste of time if he didn’t gather as much information as he could.

”The gym challenge in Galar is definitely one of the more unique ones from everything that I know about the others.” While he might not have much experience he is well informed about some of the other gym challenges around the world.

Galar was one of the few to make a real spectacle out of it outside of having a handful of people watching from the stands. Some regions were much more intimate and didn’t have anyone else there expect for the challenger and those who ran the gym. It was interesting; he wondered which one he’d like the most in the end.

”If you ever get the chance I definitely recommend attempting the gym challenge in Galar. It’ll definitely challenge your skills at training your Pokémon along with your battle skills in a way you haven’t been before.” He sounded like he was doing a ad for the gym challenge.

So they let people enjoy the sauna and the gym at the same time? It was certainly efficient and a bit humorous at the same time thinking about people enjoying themselves in such an environment while watching a Pokémon battle.

”Huh, how interesting.” And before he could say anything else his phone began to ring. While normally he’d apologize and just tell the person on the other end to call him back, the caller was his mother and he could not ignore that. At least not if he wanted to live that is.

”Ah I’m sorry about that but I’m going to have to excuse myself for today.” Joseph apologized.

”It was nice meeting up with you and I’m sorry that we have to cut this short but I have to take this call.” Before he would leave he’d give her one last word.

”We should definitely do this again though, it was nice seeing you.” And with that he’d leave to have a phone call that would turn out being very interesting.