Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:18:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Thank God." That accent might've been annoying a few minutes ago, but it put his heart at ease hearing it now. As they rose higher into the air, circling the beast below, the Steelix began lumbering off of the ground. Balancing on the tip of its tail, lunging at them in seeming futility...

"If you can attack it from here, best do that" he offers to Florian, not wanting to advise anything else. If they could take a few pot shots from here, make it realize how pointless this fight was... Maybe they could deter it from attacking and wreaking more havoc. "Reign, use—"

Once more the air begins to hum, the sheer intensity such that he cannot be sure what is going on until he looks down. It was ascending...!

Well, they couldn't hide from it in the sky...

Grabbing Reign by the scruff of its neck, he directed her into a u-turn maneuver as they raced past the Steelix in a fly-by. Reign's agility was the only thing keeping them from becoming its neck meal. Adrian directed her towards the hole in the ground, but relayed his plan to Florian.

"Hit it in the face," was all that Florian would've heard as they began to plummet towards the earth, into the tunnel the Steelix had dug out while surging through the earth. From the surface, it looked big enough for a Corviknight to fly through, but if it was collapsed... Well, he had a good run.

If Florian's pokemon were of better hearing, they would've heard the further instructions: "...when it comes back out after me." They would watch the madness unfold with anticipation, eager to rain hell on the Steelix should it follow them back out.

Flying into the tunnel was like being swallowed by darkness, but he trusted in Reign's keen senses to guide them through. As they darted through, Adrian could feel dirt crumbling all around them, debris covering him and his pokemon. Unbeknownst to him, a particular bauble got lodged in Reign's feathers, a marble of red-and-yellow that almost seemed like captured fire.

The ground shook all around them as Steelix pursued them vehemently, gnawing through the earth easily. Although their mad dash quickly looped them back to the surface, it meant Steelix wasn't far behind. They came hurtling out of the ground through a large hole, the monster not lagging far behind. "Get him off of me!"

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 13:11:21 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]

[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]

this thread is so fun to write for

In his haste to get off the ground, Florian had not secured the most stable purchase upon his wide-winged mount. He struggles to pull himself into a better position whilst in mid-air, unable to see the Steelix as he does so but definitely hearing the furious dual-type snarling at them from below. Juliette is a comfortingly solid platform onto which he can hoist himself, and he glances down at Adrian's advice.[break][break]

He did not battle often, and when he did, Juliette had never been one of his fighters. He struggles to remember what she can do.[break][break]

"C-Can you hit it from here, darling?"[break][break]

Togekiss' cry echoes like a mournful song, and it pulls its aura into a sphere that swirls ominously before them. Before Juliette can fire off her attack, however, the threatening hum of the air precedes Steelix's ascent.[break][break]

Though he could not claim to be as knowledgeable of other types as he was of his chosen specialization, the one thing the professor knew about Steelix was:[break][break]

"THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FLY!"[break][break]

It's as impressive as it is horrifying to watch the steel serpent levitate into the skies. Hit it in the face, is all Florian hears before Adrian pulls into a reckless dive, wind swallowing the professor's desperate shouts for caution. The tunnel swallows them up and Florian can only watch in horror as the Steelix swerves in pursuit, the muffled sound of its body scraping hard rock the only indication that anything moves below. Having heard the remainder of Adrian's request, Juliette dutifully maintains the sphere of energy, watching, waiting...[break][break]

Corviknight darts from the tunnel in a flash of sun-kissed steel, followed close by its snake-like foe. Togekiss utilizes her skills to defog the skies, scattering the cloud of dust and debris that obscured their newest ascent. With a path cleared and her aim true, the jubilee Pokemon fires the aura sphere as promised: directly into the Steelix's hungry maw.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:28:19 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The rush of wind causes the armor clad Corviknight to shed the dirt and debris sticking to its form, a trail of dust and earth lagging behind them as the Steelix is in hot pursuit. As they emerge from the hole Adrian can see Togekiss overhead, and he yanks to the right for Reign to swerve out of their trajectory. The aura sphere races towards Steelix...

Its mouth is agape when the blast rockets towards it, spelunking into the depths of its mouth, the creature's eyes of malice abruptly changing to shock and anguish. Its body goes rigid, its pursuit halted sharply as it reels from the attack, the groan of its iron hide a telltale sign of the damage it has sustained. It begins to collapse, its head drooping as it succumbs to their final assault.

Its massive girth slams into the excavation site, sending up a wave of dust that billows outwards, but in the wake of its downfall all has become calm. Almost tranquil even, Adrian and Reign circle around to assess the fallen pokemon. It's over, he realizes. I wasn't sure it'd ever stop...

Reign gains on Florian, maintaining altitude that Adrian might exchange words. "Thanks for the cover, man. I really owe ya." He smiled with a bit of hearty laughter, but he's exhausted and his clothes are in tatters, jeans smeared with dirt.

"Let's get back down there, eh?" There's not much more to it than that as he pressed Reign's scruff forward, beginning their descent. Arriving at the beast's side, Reign stakes two legs into the ground in a rough landing, and Adrian is eager to find himself back on solid ground. Placing a hand against the Steelix, he whistles sharply, feeling dwarfed by its sheer size. But more pressing is the twinkle he catches near the base of its form, a red-and-orange marble that must have become unearthed during the tumultuous events. He of course pockets it before anyone notices him.

"Can I catch it...? Averting his gaze back to Florian, he figures it's only fair to give them first dibs considering they landed the final blow. But if they didn't want it, it would be fair game, right? Adrian doubted the site personnel wanted anymore to do with it after watching it demolish so much of their hard work in so little time, with next to no provocation. It needed a heavy handed trainer.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 13:27:18 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]

[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]

this thread is so fun to write for

Though it most certainly would have ripped him to shreds without a second thought had it been able to reach him, Florian can't help but to feel a pang of sympathy for the Steelix as it writhes in agony. Its collapse rumbles like the fall of a building, sending up clouds of dust that the Togekiss dutifully beats back with her wings.[break][break]

I hope it did not hit any of the miners...[break][break]

Adrian's Corviknight swoops up to their level, and the professor turns his attention to the other trainer. He nods, blue eyes wide.[break][break]

"O-Of course, monsieur, any time!"[break][break]

Juliette's landing contrasts that of the metallic bird, the Togekiss settling to the earth with a serene grace. Florian gives her a gentle, grateful pat before returning her for some much needed rest. The professor coughs as dust coats the back of his throat, wiping tears from his watering eyes. The Steelix had certainly done a number on the dig site... but to his relief, Florian spots no casualties pinned beneath its steel segments. The miners are crowding in, now: some horrified, others furious, a few looking on in awe.[break][break]

"You are more than welcome to it!" Florian laughs weakly, shaking his head. "I do not think I would know how to handle its temper."[break][break]

Leaving Adrian to secure the capture of their fallen beast, Florian drifts over to the gathered crowd in order to offer both apologies and first-aid to any who had sustained injury in the attack.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:57:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Alright man, thanks." What a prize he'd earned!

He wastes no time throwing a pokeball at its steely exterior, earning a grunt from it as it was swallowed in a rush of crimson light. It wriggled against its confines, but eventually the device won out, sealing away the massive pokemon. Awesome!

Casting a weary gaze in the direction of the miners, he's reluctant to go back to work, especially considering what he's pocketed at this dig. It's definitely a Mega Stone, he's got one just like it but with a different pigmentation. They'll confiscate it if they find out... He needs to escape.

Lumbering towards the group with an exaggerated limp, his voice strains, his throat parched. "I need to get some treatment for this..." Adrian gestures at the road rash on his back, even turning around so they can see where the earth chafed him bare. From his shoulder blades to the small of his back there are sores and scars leftover from Vileplume's patchwork first aid. It still twinges.

"Plus I need a change of clothes... so I'll be heading into the city." None of them refuse him.

He gives them all a curt nod before turning his attention to Florian. "Thanks again, Florian."

Nearly stumbling over the up-earthed ground, he stalks away from the crowd of miners who're collecting their tools and taking a head count, preparing to mount Reign once more and take flight. What a crazy f@#%ing adventure today...

Capturing Steelix.