Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 4:54:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

kyle's clever thinking reveals itself as heroics to noah's eyes. the anticlimatic reveal does not matter. no, it does not matter how decrepit the place looks. they're safe. within the heart of this wintry rage, even the warm light of his bouffalant's recall does little to strip his shivers.

noah's rosy face leads him inside. it's quiet here. abandonment changes a place. in the sullen recesses of noah's mind, his childhood kanto has changed too.

briskly, noah rubs his pink arms and casts snow from his shoulders. his hair is damp in places, clumped together like ribbons.

"how does the weather change like that? we're in hoenn of all places." he turns to face kyle, a trickle of ice water tracing the peach of his cheeks. his breath condenses even in this space. "so, this is a ranger outpost? guess it's just the two of us."

the outpost groans as the gales batter its sides.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 10:22:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he closes the door behind him as he goes in. "probably global warming or something like that," he guesses.

he rubs his hands together and then breathes on his hands to warm up. eyes search the inside of the small building. it had a single room, with probably an outhouse outside. old dusty furniture and a clear desk suggested that the place wasn't getting any use. he finds no heater, nor a fire place to warm up with, since this is hoenn.

the weight of his clothes suddenly come to his attention only after they slowed down. it clung onto his skin, wetness inviting more of the cold in his system. it starts to get chilly. with the threat of hypothermia setting in soon, kyle tries to find a way to keep warm.

"noah," he calls, "can you find anything to get us warm?" he takes his phone out of his pocket as his freezing digits attempt to dial a number on his phone. "i'll try to get help."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 5:27:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's fingers scramble through the cobwebs. although the scratchy wade isn't pleasant, the garbled gossamer is abandoned too. no spiders call these webs home. only the lonely accretion of dust.

every drawer pulled, every cupboard sweeped, reveals a fatal absence. his fingers withdraw, sore with emptiness.

rustling his own hair in frustration at his failure, noah pouts, "gahhh! nothing! nothing's here. the one time i don't bring jacquie!" he imagines his turtonator turning her snout at him, as if telepathically communicating 'i told you so'.

"can you even get a signal here?" noah rubs his arms raw like matchsticks against phosphorous.

he peers over at kyle's phone screen, huddling into his side as the snow paints the view sheer white.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 20:27:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there were no signal bars on his display. the phone keeps dialing, but it doesn't go through.

"n-no..."

he slowly returns the phone to his pocket, pausing when noah mentions his turtonator. while he doesn't have anything similar, he has the next best thing in his disposal. from his pockets, his hands move to his arsenal of pokeballs.

his eyes move around to find anything to contain a possible fire. everything on plain sight seems to be made of wood, however, though he may not just be looking around enough.

"a-are you freezing, n-noah?"
he suddenly asks, seeing as he's less adequately prepared for this situation than him. "cause i'm ready to burn something for warmth if you're not gonna stop me."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 5:39:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar

a feigned bravado fills his shoulders. noah brushes off his shivers, letting them roll off his arms like chips falling down a plinko board of goosebumps.

"it's noooo big deal." noah says, hands on his hips. "sure, it's a bit cold... but i'll be fine. this is nothing!"

a gust of wind blows through the outpost. old furniture groans sorely as scatterings of dust and snowflake briefly spray the air white. noah stands still.

he reevaluates his stance.

"but... i'm not against having a fire."

noah recalls something. he moves to the dark cupboards he had searched before and unearths an old cast iron pot from their tombs. he hoists it toward the center of the room.

"oof, okay. i diiiid find this though. we can burn things in here." noah pulls out lint from his pockets. drops it in the pot. but it's as if there's nothing there. the dark fluff, sparse and ineffective, camouflages with the charred bottom of their makeshift fire pit.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2019 17:32:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his hands dig into his pockets as well, finding anything to add to the fuel. old receipts from convenience stores, along with his own lint, were the only materials he found. still, it was better than nothing.

still, they needed more.

he goes over to the desk and rips its drawer off and immediately tries to lodge it inside. while it doesn't fit, having an earthen container would at least prevent the whole place from going down in flames.

finally, he releases his smeargle, who cringes from the cold the moment he appears.

"sacred fire."

whipping his tail in the air, he produces a different kind of fire. the makeshift fire pit catches the bluish, almost ethereal, flames and fills the otherwise unlit room in an unnaturally captivating light. it brings warmth, providing the much needed reprieve from the cold weather. kyle recalls the smeargle afterwards.

"this was supposed to be my trump card or something," he says in jest.

he takes off the snow-drenched coat and hangs it on the back rest of a chair, revealing a fitting black shirt underneath. while he was only away for a short while, he hurries back to the heat, not making any effort to hide his own discomfort. he rubs his sides as he huddles closer to the flames.

"but i suppose i can show it to you. looks fancy, right?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 4:50:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's bright eyes reflect the consecrated flames summoned by kyle's smeargle. despite this world of fantastical creatures and elemental chaos, noah's heart leaps romantically at the thought of experiencing something new. something magical. although noah's naive, some part of him adores his own inexperience.

"wow. this is wild." noah extends a curious hand toward the bluish bouquet. he wiggles his fingers at it, and captures the beautiful warmth between his roughened knuckles. "where did forde learn this?"

out of necessity—at least, in some part—noah shifts into kyle's side. he huddles too, arms crossed as if to catch his breaths in their net.

"you're pretty amazing- but i've told you that before." noah's laughs. it fades softly into the emanating heat. a small, nervous smile faces the flames, eyes still flickering with flames. "i've got trump cards too, you know."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 18:29:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

"it's from a faithful encounter," he answers his query cheekily.

while he wasn't sure if it was a dream or not, the experience of being engulfed by the same flames still burned fresh in his memories. the fire in front of them reminds him of such, and while it provides comfort from the cold, the sight alone makes him anxious.

the compliment makes him drag noah closer to him, dragging him along with him to the wooden floorboards. "y-you should stop about the compliments!" he sits with his legs apart, noah in the middle, where he wraps his arms around him, not unlike when he tries to steal heat from his mightyena, to keep his body temperature high.

"you're not supposed to say that to me." not that it matters anyways. kyle doesn't trust his tired mind to recall things anyways. "you're gonna need all the help you can get if you're challenging the elite four," this time, he adds with a taunting tone.

a yawn escapes him. he leans closer to noah, pushing more of his weight towards him as he rests his chin on top of his head. he starts to muse on his previous statement, attempting to keep a conversation going to kill time.

"say, have you even challenged any of the gyms yet?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 7:23:18 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah shivers when pulled close and personal, a laugh jittering out of his throat. a burning bloom spreads across his skin. a cape of flames travels down his cheeks to his shoulder blades as they bump up against kyle's chest.

"i'm like a spoink, you know? if i stop the flattery i'll die." noah snorts.

the outpost groans. around them, the vortex of the blizzard howls its threat. but noah is able to ignore it for now. he treasures the warm security kyle's all-encompassing presence provides.

as kyle settles on his head, noah thaws into their shape. he's daring enough to press back into him as the fire struggles to breathe. "not yet, man," noah trails off, "i've been sorta distracted by a lot of things lately."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 16:31:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"distracted?"

he starts to wonder what exactly does noah do on the periods of time they were away from each other. did he have any hobbies that he should be aware of? as far as he is concerned, the only image painted in his mind was him running around in circles, chasing after his imaginary tail or something.

he makes a mental note to stop associating noah with his mightyena, no matter how uncanny the similarities are.

"what's distracting you?"

while he wasn't the type to pry over personal things, he tempts himself to reach forward, testing the waters with an inquiry.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 9:07:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah stops in place, aware that his deepest honesty is beginning to show under his bark. he does not answer. instead, he drums his fingers against the cold floor, their clud clud cludding filling the expanding silence. then, the percussion stops. by sacred flame, as the universe reaches its cosmological limits, noah answers before implosion.

"i'm distracted by you." noah's fingers push against the floor.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 18:32:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the answer nets a mixed reaction from kyle. the answer wasn't specific and it gives him a reason to start listing any shortcomings he has as a tutor.

"i, uh..."

his arms loosen and his hands move to noah's shoulders. his grip was firm, but not tight and forceful. it takes him a while to speak, swallowing before he makes an attempt to take a shot.

"is it the dog sitting? did i put too much on your plate? i can rework the schedule to lessen your work if you want!"

an obvious hint of desperation comes in the intonation of his voice should one be familiar with kyle's collected demeanor. he didn't want to be a hindrance to someone else's dreams.

on retrospect, his job description was exactly that.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 5:38:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

for a moment, noah seems to dangle in kyle's grip. held up by the shoulders, the fighter allows himself to numb in this self-imposed gravity of imminent confession. noah worries for the fire. worries that it'll be snuffed before the night is over.

noah looks up at kyle. the scent of smoke and flame perfumes his hair and skin.

"no, that's not it... but maybe," noah shivers, but not from the cold, "you could rework the schedule to... fit in a date?"

the fire crackles.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 10:48:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"a d-d-date?"

his voice shakes, though he can blame it on the cold should he need to. while kyle thinks he may have taken it out of context, it still manages to get his face flushed. he panics, but in their current position, he is at least thankful noah cannot see the look on his face.

maybe he's thinking too much on it and that the date wasn't really what he thinks it is.

"uh, sure. why not? i aim to please."

he hopes that the way he said hid his previous thoughts and made him sound cool about it.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 8:18:46 GMT
noah faber Avatar

momentarily, the tension eases out from his lips in the vague shape of a laugh-sigh. he peers away with a half-smile. noah's relieved that the implication of his words flew over the other's head.

however, the torture of an opportunity gone by inspires him to try again. the snowstorm does not seem to be letting up, and their fire grows weaker with each whistle of icy wind.

"hah, i mean," noah's eyes swing to the other side of his head, "the other kind of date. a date-date."

he clears his throat of gravel and butterfly chitin.

"unless, you have someone and i'm screwing this whole thing up."