verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 15:41:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
training in the woods was so cliche, but he supposed it makes sense.

outside of the confines of the city, one can make as much noise and destruction as they can and it wouldn't bother anyone, except maybe perhaps the wild pokemon and the rangers that will clean up any mess that may occur. it was here that kyle has brought noah for that training montage the other had initially asked of him.

"should we stop here?"

on kyle's side of the field was a clearly tired boltund. the newly acquired pokemon wasn't entirely broken for battles yet, though it matches against noah's own pokemon. electric terrain covered both sides of the field, while the electric-type barely hangs on with a limp. eventually, it falls from fatigue.

kyle recalls it back to its pokeball and takes another one. he points the pokeball in front of noah, posing like the champion in front of his challenger on one of the games he has played before. "...or do you want another round?" he asks him, eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 6:48:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar

on his side of the court, noah's bouffalant stands still- but not of its own volition. ever so often, a surge of electricity coils up its legs like festive garland, forcing an uncomfortable bellow from the bull's muzzle. paralysis. nothing that can't be remedied immediately, but noah too, feels the effects of the electricity up his bare arms.

in the field of their training, noah hears the cracks and pops of static electricity. he pulls back a finger from his body and waves it like a fading match. "a-ah! ow- we could do another round... let me just take back tyrus."

he reaches for the bouffalant's pokeball, and a static clap hits a finger. noah winces, his hair rising like flags. his bouffalant too, finds its impressive afro in disarray.

"yeouch, okay! maybe we can clear the electric terrain first." noah says, laughing with an eye closed. the other's determination comes forth, the smug aura transcending past the static of the field. "are you practicing that pose for your elite four battles? or are you just trying to impress me?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 16:30:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"heh. you like that?"

he throws his pokeball in the air, and then snatching it up sideways as it falls back to the ground. once the ball is at hand, he raises it and then lowers his head. there's a delay of a second before he speaks. "...and this is where explosions come out from the background." he tells noah, maintaining the pose.

"did i impress you though?" he lets loose now, shaking his limbs as if he was dancing to stave off the cold. "there's no way i'll do that on my challenges though. they keep records of those!"

he stares at the electric terrain. kyle makes an inventory of the pokemon he brought and does not recall having anything that can take it off in any way. "sure, we can wait it out. what do you want to do in the mean time? make snowmen or something?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 3:50:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"y-yeah, i do."

although there are no explosions, there might as well have been a few. he is startled by the question. the way kyle's confidence coats even the simple inquiry with endless charisma.

noah scratches his neck although it does not itch, "looks really cool. i think you should do them in your challenges! maybe it'll become really trendy- like a dewford phrase." he'd get a poster of it, if he could.

as the electric terrain remains on the field, the idea of a snowman sounds like a welcome idea. he quickly pulls a bottle of paralysis heal and sprays it on the bouffalant's coat. tyrus bellows. licks his chops happily before being sent back into his ball.

noah scoops up a ball of snow. "have you ever made one of them before? i know hoenn doesn't really get a lot of snow."

playfully, with his tongue sticking out from the corner of his lips, noah tosses the snow at kyle. but he aims to miss. it crashes into the snow with a sad plop.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 7:24:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i lived in johto for some time before! haven't i mentioned that?" then again, he doesn't really share much about his life unless it was asked. "hmm, i guess not." he shrugs.

the snowball falls into the ground. kyle stared at it for the duration of its flight, picking it up to mold it back to a ball. the electricity-laced ice immediately gets his bare hands feel numb, but days of grooming manectric fur has made him accustomed to the feeling.

"ooh, you said you were in johto before too, right?" he continues to shape the snow in his hands, packing it tightly. "how long ago was that?"

he drops the ball of ice from his hands to the ground and then kicking it towards noah, slowly accumulating in size as it rolls. it stops halfway before he steps forward and nudging it gently with his foot the second time, letting it roll all the way to noah's feet.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 4:13:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"you might've, but i think the electricity's making my brain smooth." noah knocks his head to check for an echo. he half-expects it, considering his ill-prepared attire- but he hates the feeling of sleeves.

"we moved to johto just before the kanto invasion... it's been awhile." noah's breath condenses with the cold weight of his history. "i came over as soon as i heard rocket made its way here."

he leans down and nudges the snowball at his feet. in an awkward camel-like gallop, noah begins to push the ball back in a curvy route, amassing a decent size and shape as it returns to kyle. wincing, he shakes his hands off. the electricity is weaker now.

"this snowman's gonna have a big butt already," noah says, eyeing their first portion, "or head. what do you thi- ngk!" he pokes kyle, but the last vestige of static electricity shocks them both.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2019 19:40:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"fu--!"

he should have been used to the sensation from petting manectrics all the time, but the abrupt and unexpected discharge of static still gets him all the time.

he picks up a snowball from the ground and starts to shape it. "do you like big butts though? we can let it stay like that if you want." as soon as the snowball is packed and spherical, he throws it to noah, aiming for it to fall short like he did earlier.

it lands straight at his unsleeved arms however. the cold and the static has made the nerves in his hands numb, lowering his control over them. "oh." maybe he should've wore gloves or something when he was going to play with snow.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 7:26:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"big butts are nice to slap," noah begins paddling his hands on some invisible derriere, "big doggie butts."

the snowball strikes his arm coldly. crusts of ice cling on to its shape as the rest falls to the ground. a wind howls between them like a tumbleweed. noah raises an eyebrow. a playful bridge above glossy blue eyes.

he scoops the fallen snowball and packs it tight again. with all of the might packed in his lithe muscle, noah's goosefleshed arm pulls the trigger. he fires the snowball. launches it hard toward kyle's chest.

"oh." he smirks.

the trees shiver with more wind.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 9:23:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"urk!"

he clutches his chest as he gets hit by the snowball, falling into the snow on his back. his hand grasps on the ground, discretely scraping snow until he bunches it together. once a certain amount is accumulated, he immediately throws it onto noah.

"you die too!"

his hand tried to aim it at his chest as well, but the combination of the numbness of his hands and his precarious position shifts the trajectory upwards. unfortunately for noah, it hits his face instead.

his legs move freely as he makes snow angels with only his lower body. "i should hate the snow cause it's cold," he blurts out randomly. "do you like it warmer or colder?" he asks.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 10:56:10 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the melodrama is met with laughter. noah clutches his own chest to contain himself, for he felt untroubled enough to let his laughter flow. in the exposing cold, noah realizes he has been uptight all this time. wired and knotted. that his mind was busy with where to go next, what to do tomorrow.

and with kyle, noah is finally able to stop. stop for a little while at least. he's not sure how long this will last.

the snowball cakes him in the face. it flops from his cheek, and the ice raws his skin red.

"pffblhh--" noah spits some of the ice off, the shards scattering like confetti. the remaining stubborn bits, noah pops into his mouth instead, crunching the compacting snow like the leftover ice cubes at the bottom of a plastic cup of pop.

as he chews, noah ponders the question. "hmmm, maybe warmer. weird i know since i don't really dress for the weather." noah walks over. each step makes a crisp crunch before he stops to extend his hand. "i'll help ya up, man."

a fierce wind blows. this time, it carries a flurry. noah looks in the gust's direction, his hair scattering around his face before he looks to his partner.

"maybe we should cut training short today."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 11:27:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"and the electric terrain just died too!"

never did kyle got too upset with training getting cut short. he takes noah's hand and pulls himself up, grunting as he gets himself out of the cold. "thanks." his hand then goes to wipe off the pieces of ice from his back.

the gusts eventually pick up, bringing colder winds to their direction. snow starts to fall, increasing in volume with each second. he shields his eyes with his forearm as he tries to read the weather from the skies. dark, condensed clouds linger above, suggesting a storm, if not a blizzard.

"should've read the weather reports," he grumbles beneath his breath.

he quickly inventories his party, grimacing at the results of his search. "what pokemon do you have left?" he inquires without leaving noah a clue on his thought process. the explanation only comes a moment after. "i have a salamence and a smeargle, both of which i can't really use to get us out."

a stronger wind comes, leaving them chilled to the bones. kyle starts to cling onto his frame as he regrets playing with the snow earlier. "i-i k-know of a ranger outpost n-nearby i-if you don't have a-any as w-well."

the chill he experienced from suicune was much harsher, but it doesn't mean he was any less comfortable than an average human.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 11:54:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah pulls out his pokeballs. they roll in his palms, caught by the net of his fingers.

his eyes run across them, "just my machamp and diggersby. the rest are at home with the dogs. um, crap... ranger outpost it is."

he tries to keep his shivers still, but they still slip out. like unfurling stitches or leaking shadows, they manifest in the chattering of noah's smile.

"how far is it?" noah calls his bouffalant from its ball, and the bull bellows yet again. this time, it seems to be surprised at the sudden shift in setting. "we can ride tyrus there if it's not too far... he's not rested enough to go all the way back home though."

noah hoists himself on the bull's sturdy back, leaving space for kyle. "you're gonna have to lead the way." he pats the back end of their ride before facing forward to hide the growing glow of his cheeks. "and hold on tight... you liked being the big spoon, yea?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 17:40:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"heh, big spoon..."

the reference garners noah a chuckle from kyle despite the current conditions. the weather worsens with every second, though it does nothing to dampen the earlier mood.

"oh yeah, i'm holding on tight." he wastes no time hopping aboard the bouffalant and wrapping his hands around noah from behind him, clinging onto him. he does the same with bravo to keep warm, so he figured there was no harm. getting himself comfortable, he rests his chin on his shoulder.

"it's further from the city, but it's closer to our current location."

his head scans for any suitable landmark before he finds a dead tree. it's tall and void of the color green, sticking out of the forest easily if one stares at it.

"there. that tree." his finger points at it. "the outpost should be somewhere near that."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
friction
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 7:34:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

another layer of goosebumps trickle down his body when kyle sets his chin on his shoulder. it's a revealing shiver, but one that can be masked by the cold. noah grips his bouffalant and with a light squeeze of his legs, their ride begins to move.

noah squirms as kyle speaks close. close enough so that those handsome notes nuzzling his nape and ear. he laughs lightly. cringes. one shoulder lifting up as his head leans against kyle's.

"s-sorry. i'm ticklish." he keeps his head there.

the harsh blizzard winds melt against noah's burning face. as visibility blends into all consuming white, his bouffalant's stubborn fortitude carries them close enough to the tree.

"there it is! maybe we won't be the only ones there... this is p-pretty badnngh," noah points at the outpost before plunging his arms into the bull's furry afro. still, his bones chatter and shake. threaten to break from the sheer cold. "a-are you d-doing okay, kyle?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
friction
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 2:39:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm fine. i-i've experienced worse," he grumbles with remorse.

he gets off of the boufallant and lands on the snow, feet sinking as the layer of ice starts to accumulate. blizzard winds start to billow out of control-- the kind of weather one wouldn't expect from how pleasant it was the day before.

his pace turns to a light jog, bringing himself to the door of the outpost. the structure of the building was old. kyle wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the first ranger outposts to be made in hoenn. his hands grasp the door handle to open, though it doesn't budge. "it's locked," he murmurs under his breath.

not really in a mood to shout, kyle takes his wallet out. his cold fingers fumbles to get any good grip of a barely used gym membership card and starts to rig the door open with it. a burst of cold wind blows a good amount of snow towards them, urging kyle to hurry up.

eventually, he does open it, door creaking open to reveal a somewhat ill maintained, if not abandoned, structure. "f-f-finally!" he motions noah inside the building before going in himself.