Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 0:52:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
There's no going back on it now, deluded memories aside. He isn't bothered by the way Monty puffs himself up, it's almost amusing. "That night, you told me you invite friends and benefits over. That you were alone. But Spencer? What's he then?" He balled his hands, not to swing. But because feeling the tendons tense gives him a righteous sensation. Or maybe he's trying to hold back his tongue, but failing miserably at it.

"You acted like you weren't spoken for, and now you've got me standing in the middle of all this bullshit, feeling like I'm the fucking bad guy," his voice rose as he loomed over Monty.

"I'm not trying to say I had a fucking chance with you, but I wouldn't have fucking bothered with some..." he avoids the word of choice, "tramp", not wanting to offend Monty personally. But those were his choice of words. He has a momentary fit, shaking his arms aggressively before settling himself down. "...If I knew I was going to get blown off at the first chance."

He's exasperated, tired of feigning indifference; tired of pretending he's alright with it, because he's not. It hurts to lose someone to love, hurts to feel like you weren't enough; that you lacked a certain spark, that you weren't interesting or that you aren't attractive enough. It hurts to not have a substantive reason, something that can be worked on. But above all, it hurts to feel estranged.

"I can't even get near you without him trying to shiv me with his dagger eyes," he's tipped over the boiling point, caught somewhere between fury and fervor. "How are we supposed to even be friends if he's constantly against that?"

Although, after speaking his mind, perhaps the notion of remaining friends is too much for either of them. But he couldn't take anything back. Not that he particularly would, given his own feelings.

@monty
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 1:10:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Like some...

Some what? What was he going for there? Monty set that in the side burner. On one hand, he didn’t feel like he should defend himself. On another, he wanted to make something painfully clear.

“Spencer wasn’t my boyfriend then, we were friends who occasionally share the same desire for benefits, as you put it. It developed into more over time. I’ve known Spencer for a year, we have been close friends for more than half of that. The fact that it developed around the time I met you is not my fault, blame time, not me.”

If Adrian could speak without giving Monty much of a chance for a breath, then Monty could do the same.

“Secondly, you’re not acting like a friend right now. You’re acting like the man who fell a little too quickly and you’re pissed I didn’t fall right away as well. I can have friends, Adrian, but Spencer doesn’t want a love sick puppy coming around and trying to win my affections.”

With a calming breath, he digressed.

“If this is just a friendly gesture, then that’s fine, and Spencer will be fine with that. But can you honestly tell me there weren’t other intentions? You’re more angry I have a boyfriend you disagree with than you are happy for me to have your gift. Or at least, that’s the way you’re presenting yourself.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 2:14:12 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian was caught off guard, and of course Monty's words held merit to them. But he still blamed Monty for wasting his time, for stirring up this shitstorm with his flippant behavior. But more than that, he was aggrieved at them saying he wasn't acting much like a friend. That wasn't very fair.

"And you've been the shining beacon of friendship?! You've been avoiding me time and time again, hanging the fact we f@#%ed over my head every time you turn me down for something I haven't even asked for once!"

How was he supposed to act a friend with something like that thrown in his face? Monty couldn't expect to talk about it so casually if they were both to leave the past, well, in the past.

He crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes on Monty. "Excuse me for confusing your former lack of inhibition for a potential attraction, Monty, but I didn't exactly sucker you into it. You were the one who came onto me," he said in defense of himself, recalling that first squeeze Monty gave him before they took off into a storm.

"Am I supposed to be sorry I'm not able to make myself some emotionless, sex-driven fiend for a night? That I didn't fuck you under the pretense of a casual physical relationship?" What the hell were the neighbors going to think? He needed to lower his voice.

He clasped his digits to both of his temples, trying to rub the tension out of him, to give himself a reprieve from the arguing and shouting. But his tone is still brutal and unrelenting as ever.

"I'm more angry you don't have a conscience to realize you've treated me like anything other than a friend every time I've seen you."

Monty ran away from introductions at the Aurorus Ball. Tried hiding under a Santa hat in Slateport. Even had a backhanded way of greeting him at the door. Monty hadn't been a friend to him, either.

He'd been treating Adrian like a used condom, something he was eager to be rid of at once.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 2:45:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“You’re right. I’m sorry.”

Monty’s words are coldly honest and bitterly true. He had a foul taste in his mouth and perhaps that was because of his own confusion.

“Being a boyfriend is new to me. Being just friends is new to me. I’m not used to the limits. I don’t know where to draw the lines and instead of figuring it out, I took the coward’s way out.”

A slut, is what he was. For attention, but because of Spencer, he was trying to be better.

“I’m not used to friends who I can’t have benefits from me. I’m used to having friends because they get benefits from me, so I thought that’s all you wanted from me. It was my assumption, which could very well be wrong, and I accept that, and apologize for making you feel used. In reflection, I simply thought you wanted to use me for the slut I was.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 5:12:30 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He was a bit unsettled at Monty's change of tone, against the word he had chosen for himself. Maybe it wasn't far off the mark, but Adrian hadn't come here to call Monty names. It was just supposed to be about the Secret Santa business, but he'd gone and let his personal affairs get in the way of that.

"...I wanted a lot of things. But that's my fault, I guess." He'd settled for a more somber tone, not agreeable with the shift in conversation. He couldn't be sure whether he hated Monty or circumstance just yet. Perhaps even both, possibly.

He hung his head. That's all there was to it, then. Monty was dead set on this Spencer guy. Nothing he said or did could get between them, not that he should've been surprised. Adrian couldn't be too sure he wanted to be their friend after, but being treated like a stranger or worse suited him even less. He supposed what he needed was time.

Time to appreciate the year they'd already had together, and how insignificant a single night was in contrast. Time to find someone else, even.

Time. He just needed some of that.

Or maybe just a little bit of contraband, he internalized to himself in a spur of cynical humor. Not that he ever needed an excuse, really.

"I'm gonna go." Tucking his pinky and ring finger in, his other fingers clumping together to form an L-shape, he gestured to Monty dismissively.

"Happy Holiday." With what composure he had left he vacated their yard, gliding through Monty's house to gather his pokemon and possessions.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 13:31:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It was annoying clear that both of them needed time. Monty needed time to see Adrian as a person and not as that one guy he slept with while he was confused about where he stood with Spencer. It was the past, and Monty needed to get over it, plain and simple. Move forward, see the future where Adrian was a friend and not this lingering annoyance or possible thing to avoid due to awkward drama.

He follows behind Adrian, watching him gather things. It really was beautiful, and Monty couldn't help but feel even more guilt. He did manage to make his way to follow Adrian towards the exit, to give him a final goodbye.

"Happy Holidays, Adrian. I hope their kinder to you than I have been."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2019 17:00:03 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 15 pokedollars and 1 infamy!