Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 17:27:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
swanky.mankey //
Hey Monty!

I think I left something at your house. Can I come over? I'm already on my way.

Hope that's alright! Seeya soon.

Adrian was walking down a memorable path leading up to Monty's quaint little cottage, a bit of a skip to his step as he made his merry way. What even were the odds, he silently asked himself, as he rounded the bend and ended up at Monty's doorstep. He tried to compose himself.

His smile threatened to fall over the sides of his face as he raised an index finger to the doorbell, causing an electronic sound to reverberate through the house (which could be heard muffled from outside.) Adrian tried to tidy himself up, adjusting the ushanka over his head and straightening the hem of his jacket. He thought he heard footsteps...

His nerves were shot and he was too giddy for his own good. But that's how anyone would feel, right?

@monty
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 18:51:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Monty didn't hear the sound of the door, he was outside with his gardevoir dancing. What alerted him to someone being at his door, was an alert that went off on his phone. He paused mid-dance, which had Radiance scolding him with a small coo, but he ignored her as he made his way over to his phone and looked at the alert. Front door alarm. He smiled at his gardevoir and kissed her cheek on his way toward the door.

"Sorry cutie, company."

He stopped in his tracks when he saw the screen.

"...A....?"

Adrian had texted him, but he hadn't gotten it. As a matter of fact, he checked the message on his way to get a towel and dry the sweat from his face. He opened his front door and gave Adrian a curious expression. Like a purrloin seeing a pidove for the first time and wondering, eat it, or play with it until it can't breathe anymore?

"Adrian?"

Having not expected company, he was in a pair of black tight pants, a black shirt, and his hair was pulled up and off of his neck in a very cute excuse for a pony tail.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 23:32:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Hey!"

When the door swung open, he'd been wearing a brilliant smile, but it quickly faltered, his jaw almost going slack before he pulled it back into a guilty frown. "Uh, I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" A hand rummaged through his coat pocket for a phone, which he held up to Monty as if it were all the explanation needed.

The way Monty looked at him gave a not so subtle hint that he hadn't been expecting him. Or maybe it was the sheen of perspiration, or the fact he wore his hair differently than he was accustomed to. After resting both of his hands back in his pockets, he shifted himself to his right foot.

"I thought I might've left something here when I was over last... can I come inside?" His shoulders hunched as he tried to keep a low profile, not wanting to his real reason for visiting.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 4:20:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Monty knee good and well that there wasn’t a trace of Adrian left. Nothing against Adrian, he had simply felt guilty after the whole thing because of his own ridiculous emotions that he had made sure there was nothing left. This only meant Monty had an upper hand in knowing there was another reason Adrian was there.

“I’m not up for a booty call today, I’m afraid.”

Slowly he smiles, turning to the side so that Adrian can enter in.

“But you’re more than welcome to look for your mystery item if you’d like.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 8:47:09 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's eyes rolled aggressively.

"I'd like to think I've got more class than to show up at your house imposing something like that on you," he said with a snide undertone as he crossed the threshold of their house, bumping against Monty lightly as he passed.

"But do call when you're so pressed," he added before slinking away to carry out his plan.

He kicked off his shoes (because Monty's house was just too nice,) and began his search immediately, stalking towards the laundry closet. "I'll only be a second, don't mind me."

It all suited his needs perfectly; Monty was engrossed in his own activities, unprepared to host an uninvited guest who came calling without much, if any, of a forewarning. Ideally Monty would leave Adrian to it, returning to his activity of choice.

Leaving Adrian completely unsupervised.

Adrian began setting everything up, calling out his trevenant once the coast was clear and making sure not to cause too much of a ruckus.

“I’m not up for a booty call today, I’m afraid,” he whispered in a sardonic tone. Is that all Monty could think of, seeing him? Was he always going to be synonymous with that sort of question:

Wanna bang today? ...How about tomorrow?

He barked a short, almost bitter laugh.

Maybe Monty was just used to that from most of his hookups; he tried not to obsess over it too much while he put together his decorations, eventually getting to a point where he could consider his job done. Even if it was... garish.

His stomach became nothing but knots and butterflies as he thought about watching Monty open his gifts. Should he even watch him open them? Maybe he should just disappear and come back later, long after they'd find his gifts...

Underneath the Christmas trevenant are two gifts; one is a snow white premier ball with an undisclosed pokemon, and the other is a holiday card, a personal gift given of his own volition.

Obviously the card is generic with a holiday greeting, but it's what's inside that matters. It's a pair of tickets to a concert of a group Adrian had noticed Monty followed on social media, with a note attached: 'Take that Scrooge with you, liven him up a little. Dude's a holiday buzzkill...'

- Adrian Malcolm

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 21:55:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

At first, he tries to follow Adrian, but perhaps he rubbed the rockstar the wrong way with how he'd approached him. Or with what he'd first said walking through the door. Admittedly, Monty was new at the whole, 'I have a boyfriend but we can still be friends?' thing. It made him frown and caused him to make his way to his room to leave Adrian to, rummage, or whatever. Sounded more like remodeling.

After getting changed into some not sweaty clothes, Monty makes his way out to find where Adrian had wandered off to. When he enters and his eyes go wide at the giant ghost tree in his living room. His first thought is to check for dirt, but luckily the pokemon's roots are actually clean. A sigh of relief later and he's furrowing his brows in confusion. There's irritation in his tone, but it's not directed at what's before him. It's directed at his own inability to just come out and say something. He's usually so good at that.

"This is... a lot, wow."

He's thankful, really, and he's sure to say as much by smiling at Adrian and resisting the habit to take his hand or give him a kiss-- that's how Monty thanks people, usually, but this time it's different. This time, Monty pad a promise, and he was going to prove he could keep his word.

Eager to see the gift, he beams and bends down, getting the note and then glancing up at Adrian after reading and opening it.

"I don't... I'm rarely speechless, but, Adrian... this is so much."

That's when he sees the pokeball, and he can't help how he furrows his brows. He's not sure what to do, but he feels a bit guilty, because he really wants to keep all the stuff. Should he ask Spencer if he should keep it? No, that seemed stupid. He'd keep it, but he'd have to deal with Spencer hating whatever it was.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 22:08:53 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
His heart warmed up a little at their gratitude.

"What else would you expect from your Secret Santa!?" His smile beaming, he pulled out his phone and showed Monty the message he'd received from Annie Mei telling him he was, of all people, Monty's Secret Santa. "I went nuts after; I mean, who ever gets someone they know with these?!" It allowed the opportunity to get something personal for them. Something they wouldn't dare turn down, or ever forget.

He was rummaging under the tree now, trying to grasp at the pokeball that blended in so well.

"The letter's from me, but this—he gestures with the pokeball, standing up to place it firmly in Monty's hands—It's the real gift." Stupid heart getting palpitations at Monty's touch aside, what he felt was genuine excitement to see them open their gift. But he adds quickly after handing it to Monty: "Let's... go outside to open it, yeah...?"

Adrian led the way out back, near the edge of the pool by... happenstance? No, it was premeditated.

"Give it a throw!" It was like a kid waiting excitedly for the pinata to be burst open, to get his hands on all the goodies inside. Throw it already!

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 0:56:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Everything happens so fast. First the secret Santa thread, then this? He could have just settled with the Pokémon but he went out of his way to get Monty and Spencer something. He wasn’t sure if it was sweet, a little uncalled for, or if he should somehow find a way to go back in time and not answer the door.

It’s not Adrian’s fault, it’s not even Spencer’s fault, it’s Monty’s. At least, to him, it is.

“I don’t...” ...deserve this.

Without finishing his sentence, he tosses the ball into the water, biting his lip in anticipation. He isn’t stupid, he would put two and two together and realize the one thing he told Adrian he had wanted was a specific water type; but he was far too preoccupied trying to figure out whether or not this was technically cheating or not.

He’d never had a boyfriend before, he didn’t know.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 8:48:43 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

A feebas nimbly flowed from out the pokeball and into the pool, quickly acquainting itself with the surroundings. It breached the water's surface, eyeing Adrian and Monty warily, before its eyes winked with glee. Adrian couldn't help but return the smile, pleased to see it could enjoy the accommodations Monty had made so painstakingly.

He shifted his attention to Monty, hoping to see them happy and hearty, but he can read a room. Monty is remiss of his holiday obligations to be thankful and jolly; instead he's obsessed with something, or perhaps someone. Adrian, irked as he is, can only try to pull him out of those thoughts. "What will you name her, then?

Adrian had been fidgeting with one of his pokeballs, an ulterior motive alight in his eyes. If he remembered correctly, Monty had went on at length about the difficulty raising a feebas posed, and had been prepared to leave his magikarp in their care to help with just that. It was his hope that magikarp would mindlessly fawn over the only other thing in the water with it, giving the feebas something of an admirer. The notion that it must be beautiful would come naturally to it then.

At least, that was his plan. But first he needed to make sure Monty wasn't going to torture himself.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 15:15:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Seeing the feebas hit the water had Monty's eyes wide. He glanced down at the pokeball, then at the water, then he couldn't help himself but to smile. This was one step closer to exactly what he had wanted. Adrian had apparently paid attention when Monty spoke, which was a very good thing.

Naming her came easy, as easy as breathing. He'd had a name picked out for his Milotic for years.

"Ariel."

Just nicknaming it something beautiful seemed to boost her confidence. Monty made his way over and extended his hand into the water, watching as the fish shied away before curiously beginning to nip at Monty's fingers.

"I really don't now what to say, Adrian... I didn't plan on getting you a Christmas present," he admitted before looking to Adrian and raising a curious brow. "Kind of feel like I have to, now."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 19:27:09 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Oh yeah?" He wasn't going to tell Monty 'No, you don't have to!' if they wanted to get him something. But the actual holiday was still far off. It's not like he was hard pressed to come up with something on the spot. He only gave his early by happenstance, in accordance with the Secret Santa program (and the fact that the concert was before the holiday.) He shrugged lightly, but wore a wicked smile. "I hope it's a nice gift, then."

He stowed away the magikarp's pokeball, deciding to train it on his own instead; no need to bother Monty with a dopey fish. His brow softened up, and he looked at his hands almost wistfully.

"...What's his name?" His eyes shot up to Monty, looking for penance. He had to admit, it was a vexing situation to have stumbled upon, not to mention frustrating. "Your boyfriend's."

He'd spat out the last word with a hint of disdain. Nobody had told him still, it'd been a very one sided introduction. And Monty had absconded with his newest squeeze, off to do you know what while leaving him to contemplate on all of what happened. He deserved some answers, right?

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 22:49:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Playing with the feebas was fun, and the feebas seemed to enjoy the attention as much as Monty enjoyed giving it. The surprising thing, was how off guard Monty was when Adrian spoke with such a distasteful tone when referring to his boyfriend. It didn't hurt, like Monty had expected it to. As a matter of fact, he suddenly understood exactly how felt when @fernando kissed him. He kind of wanted to punch Adrian in the face.

Why? I'm glad you asked.

To Monty, Adrian had been a friend. Somebody who he'd slept with, yes, but that list is very long. Monty, pre-boyfriend, would sleep with pretty much anybody who fit his type. Taller than him, dark hair, mysterious eyes, toxic sort of background, etc. Because of this, Adrian fit the bill. Not to mention, they almost died together! So Monty was even vexed enough in the night to allow Adrian to stay, because he didn't want to be lonely.

Yes, Monty is aware that he shouldn't feel like punching Adrian in the face. It's just, the tone used to talk about Spencer, it makes Monty protective. The one thing that's made him happy, really happy, and Adrian's not happy because it's not Adrian. Monty can understand the feelings, but it doesn't make him any less... perturbed.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to an introduction that night, I was mildly preoccupied getting a ridiculous gift from Fernando. His name is Spencer Arrow. He's a photographer."

Why he stated so much information was beyond him. Perhaps he was on autopilot. Slowly, he finally moves his eyes up to Adrian. They're a little devoid of anything but politeness, much like his small smile.

"I'm sorry about how I left at the winter ball. Fernando caught me off guard with a very invasive kiss I didn't give him permission to give, so, I wanted to be out of there as fast as I could be. Since I dragged Spencer there, I dragged him back out with me."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 23:27:50 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
There's something different. He can feel it in the stare Monty gives him, in the way his syllables drip with that same placid tone he himself would use when conversing with certain... undesirables.

He can only nod in silent affirmation at the seasoned application of politeness and courtesy that Monty shows him. Could he blame Adrian for being a bit testy about it? How long had it been since they'd met; it couldn't have been long.

The thing about blame, though, is it's easier to place on others and absolve oneself of it completely. And Adrian has fallen for that most classic of traps, instigating the situation in a manner perhaps uncalled for. But then, he's not really himself. Or maybe this is the first time he's actually been himself, the moody, irritable misfit he's always been painted as so effortlessly.

"So, you lied to me." It was almost a question, but it was more rhetorical; he didn't really want an answer, he wanted to seethe. Wanted to let the malice drip like vitriol, tainting whatever it contacted. Monty had given him an impression of the person he had always been... would always be.

And then quickly proved himself to be false.

"You don't see him like just another 'benefit'," his eyes were filled with shallow resent. It was hard to hate what you once had adored.

Adrian had voluntarily stepped into a pitfall, not realizing how deep it actually went. Or that the bottom was infested with gnarled pikes and barbed wire. How long would it take to get over this?

But more to the point, he had but a question.

"What am I supposed to do; disappear?"

He'd never even been introduced, and the man Monty had chosen refused to dignify him with a response. Didn't seem to treat him as another human being, although Adrian shared a similar opinion of them now, so that hardly bothered him.

But was he supposed to stop being their friend because of some oversensitive, jealous lover? Was Monty the sort of person to mindlessly placate someone, no matter how they personally felt? Or were they perhaps in alignment with their stance on the subject...? His stomach was nothing but knots and tangles; he absolutely loathed this.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 0:20:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Standing up straight, as if trying to make himself taller, Monty was now effectively on the offensive. No longer did he feel the need to defend, but instead, to perhaps deflect.

“Back up, please. Explain to me at what point I lied to you.”

At that point he would move forward, but a statement like that, Monty wouldn’t let Adrian just blow over it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not so secret santa [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 0:20:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Standing up straight, as if trying to make himself taller, Monty was now effectively on the offensive. No longer did he feel the need to defend, but instead, to perhaps deflect.

“Back up, please. Explain to me at what point I lied to you.”

At that point he would move forward, but a statement like that, Monty wouldn’t let Adrian just blow over it.