magnolia's plotter

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 17:05:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sps"]
[attr="class","spsimg"]

[attr="class","spslyric"]

make me holy, give me death and glory. while the devil's daughter dances, no more second chances.

[attr="class","spstop"]
[attr="class","spstop2"]

[attr="class","spsname"]MAGNOLIA EVERLEIGH

[attr="class","spsbot"]
[PTabbedContent]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ABOUT
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

[attr="class","spsabout1"]THIRTY

[attr="class","spsabout1"]SHE/HER

[attr="class","spsabout1"]BISEXUAL

[attr="class","spsabout1"]SCIENTIST

[attr="class","spsabout1"]ROCKET

[attr="class","spsabout1"]WICKED

[attr="class","spsabout1"]GUILEFUL

[attr="class","spsblurb"]

Born to a well-to-do family in Saffron City from the Kanto region, Magnolia never wanted for much throughout her early years. Though she was given the best education that her family could afford, her parents were largely absent during her formative years, opting to focus on their own careers instead of caring for their daughter. Learning to fend for herself at a young age caused Magnolia to become distant and unattached to those around her, knowing that it was unlikely she would be able to rely on the adults in her life if she were to need something. To keep herself occupied and mask the neglect, Magnolia began to read all the books she could get her hands on and understand.
[break][break]
The absence of parental love and attention was replaced by an insatiable curiosity for the world around her. She wanted to know how everything worked, why things had to be the way they were, questioning if things could be changed and how. Her parents gifted her anything she asked for: books, equipment, even trips to museums to try and satiate her thirst for knowledge. As she grew older, she was no longer satisfied with simply reading about what others had done - she wanted to change the world herself. Magnolia's parents continued to provide her the best education, assisting with her acceptance to her university of choice with a well-timed donation to the institute.
[break][break]
After graduating, Magnolia worked for a small pharmaceutical company established by one of her former classmates, conducting research into life-saving medicines for both humans and pokemon. While the work she did while clocked in was board-approved, the experiments she conducted in her free time toed the ethical and morally-sound line. Why did it matter to what extent she had gone if the results were conclusive and effective? Being bound by a code of ethics simply hindered progress - and it would take years of her presenting breakthrough research to her superiors for them to realize her methods.
[break][break]
Upon learning to just what extent Magnolia had gone to achieve her results, both her family and work presented her with an ultimatum: to conduct her research ethically and no longer work in a morally unsound manner, or seek employment elsewhere and risk being disowned by her family. Magnolia believed that it was beyond hypocritical for her family to now step in and decide how she should behave, as well as having the company she worked for continue to use the research she had worked on in ways they didn't approve of and reap in the profits from it. Deciding that enough was enough, Magnolia cut ties with her family as well as quit her job, seeking out a group that would allow her to continue her pursuit of knowledge how she saw fit.
[break][break]
Magnolia joined Team Rocket and never looked back - they were more than happy to let her conduct her research and experiments how she wanted, and working for them paid for the lifestyle that she was already accustomed to.

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]FRIENDS
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

Well-mannered and charming in her own right, friends and acquaintances come easy for Magnolia. There's nothing about her outward appearance that would indicate anything sinister - she smiles easily and utilizes sarcasm and wit to keep conversations lively. She's an incredibly loyal individual and would do anything for those that she truly believes are her friends, but it takes quite a bit of trust to actually find yourself within that circle.
[break][break]
Though she comes off as a people person, Magnolia is incredibly guarded due to the neglect and lack of parental love she received growing up. A small part of her always wonders if someone is trying to get close to her in an attempt to get something from her, so she builds walls to keep herself safe. A rather bad habit of her's is showering those she cares about in gifts because she's uncertain how else to show she cares - the exact same thing her parents would do to her throughout her childhood.

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ENEMIES
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

When wronged, Magnolia is vengeful, vindictive, and cunning. Even though years had gone by since she left her job in Saffron, Magnolia did everything she could to ensure that her former classmate's business was ruined because of who they had treated her. She even made sure that some awful rumors about her parents made their way towards the media, simply because she still wasn't over the fact that they had decided it would be so easy to disown her.
[break][break]
While she's not the type that would harm someone physically, she is more than happy to hurt them emotionally and mentally - and her grudges know no end. However, enemies are not easy for her to make, and it takes doing something truly awful to her for one to form.

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]LOVERS
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

Magnolia doesn't know how to love someone. She never saw a healthy display of affection while she was growing up, and she certainly never saw her parents act as if they cared for one another. She never dated while in college, and she certainly never had a childhood crush.
[break][break]
As far as she's aware, money buys love. She gives friends and those she cares about extravagant presents or gifts that remind her of the person, but she knows that's not actually how love works. Magnolia's not entirely closed off to the idea of love, she simply considers herself to be too busy to have the time for it. But, that can always change.

[/PTabbedContent={border-width:0;padding:0px!important;width:366px;background-color:transparent;margin:-62px 22px -3px 22px;}]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=VT323]
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
[newclass=.sps]width:600px;background-color:#222222;color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsimg]height:400px;width:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spslyric]border:solid 1px #ffffff;padding:14px;font:10px Inconsolata;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;line-height:10px;position:relative;z-index:1;margin:25px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.65);[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstop]background-color:#594760;padding:25px;padding-bottom:65px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstop2]background-color:#ffffff;height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsname]background-color:#594760;color:#ffffff;height:25px;margin-top:-25px;position:relative;z-index:1;float:left;font:40px VT323;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstab]margin:-3px;border:solid 1px #ffffff;color:#ffffff;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:10px;padding:9px;position:absolute;width:60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps2]height:235px;width:350px;padding:25px;margin:42px 0px 0px -22px;position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsabout1]text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:10px;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:9px;text-align:right;padding:10px;background-color:#191919;color:#aaaaaa;margin-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb]height:235px;padding-right:5px;overflow:auto;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb b]color:#594760;font:11px Inconsolata;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #594760;border:0px;border-left:solid 5px #222222;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 6px;background: transparent;border:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs]background:transparent;margin-bottom:20px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_selected_hover]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_hover]background:transparent;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;line-height:20px;font-size:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 10:38:39 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
@magnolia +
yesss, i'm all for magnolia and her pharmaceutical background and current scientific endeavors!!

elijah is a grumpy apothecary who's lamenting the loss of his practice as technological advances move forth in medicine. for that reason, he has a grudge against the league (government) for not protecting his dying industry and also possesses a grudge against the pharmaceutical companies/healthcare system due to his own personal experiences! in rocket, he finds that his knowledge of old medicine is valued and practices his herbal arts for the syndicate sometimes for poisons, antidotes, and healing, etc.

anyway! i can see elijah working with magnolia with her research, and going along with her unethical approaches. although he may be skeptical or reserved about her methods from time to time, ultimately, he'd help her still! we could potentially have a plot that involves them sabotaging the pharmaceutical company, which could possibly tie into the overarching site plot somehow, perhaps!!

i'm quite sleepy atm, but i might revisit this post/post again with more coherent thoughts and plot hooks to sink our fangs into for a more concrete idea of a thread!!!

thanks for bearing with me, bee!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 14:49:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@magnolia &

ahhh!! do not worry at all! i know how difficult coming up with plots can be so i super appreciate you reaching out. i absolutely love the fact that elijah works as an apothecary and is having to deal with modern medicine and its advancements. magnolia's background with the pharmaceutical industry makes interaction between the two of them very, very interesting in my opinion.

even though she has thrown her support and knowledge behind more modern practices, she acknowledges and respects that it all had to start from a natural source in the beginning. she also believes that there are still uses for more natural medicines instead of the manufactured kinds, but her work obviously tends to deal more with the man-made aspect.

the two of them working together on research is fantastic! perhaps she wanted to learn more natural remedies and expand her knowledge in that way and was the one to approach him first because of their shared connection to team rocket? maybe she had come to a halt on her research and needed a differing opinion, resulting in the two of them working together? just to establish some connection between them before we talk about...

DESTROYING THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY! i am 100000% down for this because magnolia absolutely feels wronged by these people and they've done nothing but grow and grow into a larger corporation using the research that she made with methods they absolutely swore off but are still okay with profiting from. she's more than happy to take those asshats down and get some personal revenge in the process - and if that could be tied into a site-wide plot or something like that i'm even more here for it.

with a thread, i think the big question is where would we like to start? do we want to do something early on where they're just meeting and getting to know each other, or would we like to do something more established? i know some people don't like "first meeting" threads, but i'm okay with them if you'd like to get a feel for how the two would actually interact in a thread. or we can always talk more over discord to get a better idea and do a thread later into them knowing each other.

sorry for my incoherent garbage this early in the morning! hopefully it makes sense!

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 8:43:54 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
@magnolia +
ahhh, thank you so much for your detailed response. i don't deserve this bee!!

in any case, i don't mind having a small social thread to establish a feel for them! we can have a thread of their first meeting where elijah comes to assist her with some problem solving on some research (we can make up something specific, or make it vague). as a note, i can actually see a small tension occurring between him and magnolia, depending on her beliefs.

elijah's medicines do border on and wander into homeopathy and some pseudo-science. maybe his interactions with her can eventually cause him to realize that his own practice isn't as ideal or needed as it once was.

and yes, we can develop the pharmaceutical company into something bigger!! actually, do you have a name for the pharmaceutical company? if not, no worries!

i can make the thread or you can! i don't mind!! ping me on discord with your preference!! <3

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 2:49:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

— @magnolia

tl;dr: pls be this boy's senpai

your character is soooo awesome and well fleshed out. i love her style and history! i think her intellect would both impress and intimidate remy, too. but I think, most of all, he would want to learn from her and reach her level of authority (cuz it seems like she's brimming with it). please lmk if you have any other ideas, though! for srs.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 1:50:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@magnolia &

ten years late with starbucks, but like i mentioned on discord, i'll work on getting a thread together very soon! the only name i had some up with for the company was saffron solutions but that doesn't have to be one hundred percent set in stone and i welcome any suggestions. c:

@magnolia &

thank you so much! it means a lot to hear that people enjoy magnolia's character/history and think she's interesting! and she would be more than happy to take him under her wing and show him the ropes. if he wanted to apprentice or work as an intern in her lab, he would be more than welcome to. magnolia loves to see others that are as interested in learning as she is, but she isn't always the kindest or easiest to get along with. she can sometimes push people because she knows what they're capable of - and that can be rather stressful for those under her. but if he can handle the conditions, he will definitely get an amazing education. is there anything in particular he's looking to learn or achieve? or just simply trying to learn whatever he can?

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 17:19:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

— @magnolia

Sorry for the tardy reply! My holidays were crazyyy.

That's awesome, though! I'm so glad you're for that idea. I just thought of a way they could naturally meet, too: Remy needs a strange stone analyzed and probably reached out to Rocket for some help finding a scientist who could analyze it for him. I can give you the details of what she finds, but I think that'll be a good way to get Remy in her lab and see her work and grow that admiration for her. He can then put his foot forward for apprenticeship and pretty much learn as much as he can. A deeper understanding of how things work (including people, which is his job) is Remiel's utmost goal. So whatever Magnolia can teach him in that regard, he's going to eat up. As for her teaching style, he trains his Pokémon the same way and lives his life for challenge, so I definitely don't foresee it becoming a big issue haha!

Shall we start a thread you soon? Do you wanna start it? And where would this lab of hers be? Unless you want them to meet at a café in the city or something first. Just lmk!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 12:27:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@magnolia &

ohhh i love that! that's a perfect place to start and i think it will work out really well. definitely let me know what she'll find out while analyzing it - i'm super excited to see how that will play out. because of her inquisitive nature, she tends to dabble in a lot of different sciences, so it's not too farfetched that she would be able to assist in such a way.

also i would absolutely love a thread. her lab is currently set up in mauville city so that it's near where she lives to make it easier for her to work. we could have them meet up at a cafe or another area nearby and then have them transition to the lab? just so it isn't so down to business to start and works into it. if you could start the thread i would be very appreciative! however, if you're busy, i can always start.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 18:31:19 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

— @magnolia

Splendid! I started the thread for us and I'll DM you the details of her analysis once we get to that part for sure! Lmk if anything!
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
magnolia's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 20:42:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

@magnolia

fellow rocket scientist <3

i, as a player, am not very scientifically well-versed, so i may be vague when it comes to that aspect of things, but as these two would be rocket colleagues i'd love to figure something out for them! i don't have gavin's background written down in concrete anywhere but i've always imagined he had a similar experience of ethics vs progress - as an evolutionary scientist, he'd always want to be pushing the boundaries of what pokemon could achieve and that could have untoward consequences.

idea!! i never decided which region gavin was from before he moved to hoenn to escape conflict from his past experiments, so maybe they could met back in kanto? they could have conducted research together in their free times, perhaps? he would have disappeared before she did, i think - depending on how long she's been with rocket - and we could have them meet and reconnect? idk i just love the idea of unethical science pals tbh.

i'm sorry that this idea is a bit scattered but tl;dr: scientist friends y/n? if you're down for it, i'd love to have them in a thread; maybe a duo wild where we search for the pokemon light/cadis needs for his research thread?