8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 1:59:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "To talk."

Fernando's habit of simplifying complex situations and explanations is born from his natural affinity for secrecy. Although he trusts Isra more than most he knows better than to trust anyone at all. There are only two people he trusts in their entirety and even then he lies to them from his own compulsive habits.

However, he's self-aware enough to know that it annoys Isra greatly. It's one of the pivotal character traits that leads to their bickering and this time he catches himself.

"If 's arrogance can make his fragile ego shatter then it's up to me to put the pieces back together."

He laughs knowing full well that he's biting off more than he can chew. He barely know but considering the lack of tact among the League, his own diplomatic skills should at least put amendments on the table.

"I'm something of a politician myself."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 2:20:08 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra almost rolls her eyes. Instead her attention moves back to the paper because at least the paper won't annoy her to the end of the earth before the night truly begins. She almost misses when he explains himself, having decided to only give him half her attention in her usual childlike need to be defiant.

She glances his way, almost surprised. "Hmm...." she doesn't seem entirely convinced, but she never really is with Fernando so she let's it go, in a way. Only slightly. Enough to chuckle at his comment about being a politician. "Only just now?" it's almost playful.

"I can't imagine you're hoping to drag him back to the league." she glances over the paper again. "Not after what happened. That'd almost be too easy anyway."

So Isra does as she always does, asks questions that'll either sate or annoy her and it's hard to say which with Fernando. "So what are you hoping to get out of tracking him down, once you do?" it's subtle, but she doesn't question whether or not he will succeed, it's more a matter of how intact he'll be once he does and she knows it.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 9:46:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Not at first." Not while is still in a seat of power. Fernando knows that much about them and he can already see the conflicts with trying to get his hands onto having an Avatar under his service. However, the League is only one entity. There's still his connections outside of there and Fernando envisions a relationship not unlike the one he has with the Elite Four. He only really cares about himself in the end anyway. What's one more to the pile?

"He doesn't come off as all too bright but with some time he may cool off. After all, Abiatti can be quite infuriating. Between the two of them, I can't tell which one is stupider, which makes this infinitely more difficult. But, if I don't act now, I might not get another chance to appeal to him."

Fernando glances at his watch and does some minor calculations. Honestly, he has no idea where Balder is but he can at least take a few educated guesses. It's only a matter of time and effort.

"Once I find him I'll talk to him. If I can't convince him then maybe I can convince Solgaleo. Tapu Fini also hails from Alola and they seem connected somehow."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 4:30:47 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

The answer doesn't surprise her. Isra doesn't even look up when he confirms what she thinks. They know each other well enough by now to have such things almost right even if they always seem to be missing a small something.

"It's probably because they're different kinds of stupid." she muses out loud, only because Fernando is the kind of person she could likely get away with making such a comment in front of. At least when it comes to individuals in the league. she might get away with it with but she's not as willing to try and rock the boat with him.

he quirks a brow at the idea of convincing him or his god. She's still getting used to the idea that in some capacity the entities are, indeed, real. It's almost weird. Her own has always seemed more like a shadow lurking in the distance even now. The thought that maybe, just maybe he existed-

That was a rabbit hole for another night. For now she watches fernando out of the corner of his eye. "Are you sure now's a good time to be trying to hunt someone down like this?" the timing could work out in his favor but at the same time the stress that's about to come crashing down on the league is weighty. A disaster like this with no true answer to give the public, no common outside goal or enemy to rally against, it's a different kind of disaster.

She doubts he's say anything other than yes, of course. It's not like Fernando to say anything less.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 18:03:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It's now or never."

With everything escalating in such a short amount of time action either has to be taken now of after everything blows over. While waiting is a viable option that only counts if there are no further events. Considering the nature of the Ultra Beast attacks and the abduction of Mateo, Fernando's not willing to risk a route of inaction.

"For whatever reason, Balder thinks the world is against him. He's the most vulnerable now and any type of consolation will do him well. That or I'll have to handle him myself."

He chuckles to himself despite finding little humor in having to dispatch another Avatar.

"I'll be off now."