6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 15:12:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he withdraws his arm and starts typing up another text message to : 'sorry for ditching u earlier! i'll make it up to u i promise.'

"if cosmog can open up a portal like that, he can do it again." his fingers busy themselves with the screen of his phone. "worst case scenario, i hold long enough for balder and whoever joins him to come get us. the priority is to get to mateo as soon as possible, after all. he's dead meat out there without his pokemon, and someone needs to be there for his defense."

he another message gets sent to the group chat he has with the elite four, though only and would be able to read them now: 'im going on an adventure! tell the boss im taking a break ty!'

as soon as he finishes the last of the urgent ones he needed to send, he raises his head and looks at stormy, perplexed and perturbed. "wait, what do you mean 'we'?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:40:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy isn't entirely convinced that he's right, but she isn't sure that he has a choice. It's a good hypothesis, a good guess that the Cosmog can reopen the same portal to bring them back. But would it? Would it want to send them back once it goes home?[break][break]

He's distracted as he types on his phone, but he responds to her question readily. His alert, but he isn't alert to what she's already decided.[break][break]

Instead, his fingers continue to fly across the screen, tapping at letters, sending out excuses, lies. He's not being honest with them, surely. Would they even notice?[break][break]

Of course they would.[break][break]

"I'm coming with you."[break][break]

Her fingers squeeze the dense fur of Marcus as she stands up. For a moment she seems unsteady, but the look in her eye is as determined as ever.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 16:19:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what?"

he scratches his head furiously with one hand as he starts to make a checklist in his head. recalling his pokemon he's planning on bringing to their pokeball took priority. "you can't just-" kyle stops himself, thinking it's even a waste of time to argue. it's not like stormy will back off from an argument easily.

a sigh escapes kyle. he recalls the lucario into the pokeball and contemplates on the arcanine before deciding it stays. "can you even go in that condition? i thought cosmog had you weary."

kyle walks towards the basement where he has a pc for withdrawing and depositing pokemon, leaving the door open in case stormy decides to shout her answer. the house was otherwise quiet, after all, and any word from her would probably be heard.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 16:47:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"I can't just what, Kyle? Walk blindly into the unknown without worrying about what's in store?"[break][break]

There's a fire in her tone that commands his attention. Her hands are shaking.[break][break]

"Maybe you should take your own advice and take a good look in the mirror, Kyle."[break][break]

Stormy's hand brushes her forehead, wiping dirt and sweat into her dark hair as she sighs, exasperation beginning to give her a migraine. She isn't angry, not really. Fear is making her concern look like aggression.[break][break]

Kyle returns his Lucario and leaves Arcanine, and the woman glances at the Pokemon briefly.[break][break]

"My condition? We both took a beating today. You could crash any second, dude. This adrenaline rush is about to kick both our asses."[break][break]

He makes his way back to the basement while she speaks, and she finds herself raising her voice to keep his attention.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:53:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you were shaking earlier." his voice was steady and firm, calm unlike the rage in stormy's tone. "how am i suppose you recover from trauma and distress that fast?"

like stormy, kyle, too, was just riddled with concern.

another heavy sigh escapes kyle as he goes up the basement, having done what he wanted to do. pokeballs now were attached to his holster, with extra being stored in the bag strapped on the his torso.

"i'll be fine. i have the best detection team. they'll keep me safe." still, it was all under the impression that this works like survival video games. kyle navigates those easily.

he takes one look at stormy and then he heads to the kitchen pantry.

"i can't really argue right now, so i guess we can go as a duo."

kyle starts to pack his backpack with more snacks and candy bars. he only really brought enough to camp out for two.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 22:24:27 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
even though kyle had only brought enough for two, yet another was going to be joining their party. ending the heart to heart both trainers were having, there was a knock at the door. just behind it was noelle. the usually smiling, peppy priestess looked warn, slightly defeated, and tired. her face was riddled with anxiety, and it showed in the slight tremble of her hands as she drew her fist away. and yet, this dismayed her none. whether they wanted her to come or not, she was coming. kyle's earlier sent text had been left on read for this reason alone; she was already on her way over.

"kyle," her voice was a bit hoarse, "i want to go, please - please let me go!" she didn't intend for it to come out as a beg. all the way over here, she'd told herself to be firm, to demand he take her with her, to convince herself and him that'd she'd be useful. she wasn't sure if that was true, especially not in her current state, but, it didn't matter. she had to go. she had to see with her own two eyes that he was okay. 
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:11:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy seems to take a deep breath, focusing on staying absolutely still, like some sort of stubborn child. For the most part, however, it seems she has regained some of her strength. It was probably the pudding.[break][break]

But then Kyle sighs and all fight she had with him, though misdirected, escapes her chest with an equally heavy sigh. She isn't angry with him. She isn't really angry at all - at least not really. Her frustration is misdirected fear and uncertainty. They were serious about this, weren't they? Jumping into an unknown Pokemon's wormhole to rescue someone who very well might be dead.[break][break]

Good grief.[break][break]

He moves to the pantry and starts to stuff his carry-on bag with more snacks, and she goes to offer him some sort of apology, or to stand there meekly while he organizes their demise. [break][break]

And then there's a knock at the door and Stormy sucks in a breath as she turns to face the owner of the unfamiliar voice. Had they met before? She opts to speak but can't seem to find the words, surprisingly. Instead, she feels a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as the woman's hoarse voice strikes a chord. [break][break]

Her desperation is plain and she puts the pieces together haphazardly - she must be close to Mateo.[break][break]

Stormy wants to say she's sorry, but nothing escapes her lips, and she instead stands awkwardly beside Kyle, waiting for him to speak.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 21:51:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"noelle? did you hear everything?"

he sees the person whose voice wavers despite the clear attempt to look strong. kyle feels his throat tighten. he may have been able to keep the facade up in the face of stormy, but to someone who may actually share his sentiments, he begins to break down.

"y-y-you can't g-go here, crying and all that." his nose starts to sniffle while his eyes redden. "i can't keep you from coming either, huh?" trying to stop her is just as troublesome as stopping stormy, and kyle doesn't want to waste anymore time. he rubs his face with his sleeve to fix himself up.

"argh! fuck it! if you all wanna die with me, we can die together!"

kyle walks to pick up the unconscious cosmog on the ground, gently stroking it on the head. "if you guys want to make last minute preparations for your team, there's a pc on the basement." having one in his residence was one of the perks of being high up in the league ladder.

he eyes his arcanine. "don't let anyone besides noah in, got it?"

strengthening his resolve, he gives his cosmog a few soft slaps on its face in an attempt to wake it up. "come on, buddy. give me a portal," he whispers.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 8:44:47 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
ULTRA SPACE ADVENTURE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]ONE WAY TICKET TO HELL
[break][break]

Kyle lacks the resolution to slap his Cosmog like one would slap anything that inconveniences them. That type of tenderness allows his Pokemon to wake up less disgruntled than it would've otherwise and when it does it belches out a constellation of space dust and bright lights. Space and time contort into layers and a ULTRA WORMHOLE spans across Kyle's living room. It whispers with a tranquil call to something otherworldly and awaits for someone to slip into the ether. [break][break]

Kyle and Stormy can sense the foreboding future that awaits them. Their innate powers as avatars conspire against the foreign anomaly. It threatens them and their position as rulers of this world.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]BRING YOUR BEST TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST
[break][break]

[break][break]

No one knows what lurks in the great beyond. Prepare accordingly and make any last changes before setting foot in the new thread. You may bring as much as you can carry including Pokemon. Make sure to record any items acquired by staff or any bonuses that should be kept into consideration. [break][break]

The Ultra Space adventure will end when players:[break][break]
  • finish their objective
  • run out of Pokemon
  • retire of their own voliton

[break][break]

As a note, this adventure has the possibility to be the hardest challenge in Hoenn's history. Expect difficult encounters, dead-ends, and heavy causalities should events go awry. Temper your expectations accordingly and maybe you'll find treasure out of this world.[break][break]

Your Ultra Space adventure will be DEATH ENABLED by default.
[break][break][break]

[break][BREAK]

tag in the post / thread for any required mod posts.[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted![break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 9:38:28 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Coming inside, Kyle's rare show of genuine sentiment and sadness hits harder than noelle expected. she winced, feeling her throat tighten, and yet, she stifled the emotion in favor of donning a look of determination, offering a nod at the elite four member's warning. this was it. there was no turning back.

a hand moved, wiping the tears that had welled at the corners of her eyes. "let's save mateo." voice full of promise, she faltered, if only for a moment to offer Stormy a more apologetic look. she, faintly, recognized the other woman as a silph - stormy silph, right? "Noelle," she quickly introduced herself before beginning to rummage through her things in preparation.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 15:25:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Everything after Noelle arrives is a blur. She wants to offer the woman a hug or something, or words, or an introduction, but all she manages is a nod before Noelle dives into her belongings.[break][break]

Kyle re-visits the PC suggestion in his basement and she finds herself down there in the blink of an eye. Quickly, she retrieves as many Pokemon she can carry and makes the difficult decision to leave Wadjet behind.[break][break]

The dragon's pokeball is promptly transferred into the machine and disappears on route to , with a note that's short and sweet and vague.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, Cait. -Stormy"[break][break]

She's managed to salvage the backpack she'd nearly burned in the livingroom, and replaces unnecessary items with pokeballs and supplies.[break][break]

When she finally returns upstairs, Kyle has already reopened the wormhole thanks to his weird soul sucking monster, and she stares into the terrifying abyss that is the wormhole.[break][break]

Something flutters in her chest, a terrifying feeling that leaves her feeling cold. But she reaches for Kyle's hand, and then Noelle's, linking her fingers with theirs before tightening.[break][break]

"We stick together and we don't dare let go of each other, not even for a second."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
exhibit [c]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 1:46:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!!
[attr="class","reward2"]stormy & kyle receive the following: 20 pokédollars & 2 infamy.[break]
noelle receives the following: 5 pokedollars.