6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 16:54:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's been a while since kyle went for karaoke and the only times he's sang before was in the shower.

when noah invited him for karaoke, kyle can't bring himself to deny him. despite trying to turn him down, uncertain about singing in front of him, the incessant begging eventually won over him. he starts to think that he's slowly becoming a pushover for letting noah bring him to all of these dates.

he now finds himself sitting in the couch, flipping nervously through the song book. "i-i can't find my songs..." he murmurs, defeated. he lifts his head up from the book, and looks for noah. "l-l-looks like you have to sing for the entire hour! hehe..."

his eyes see noah phoning the front desk. in front of him was the menu. "w-what did you order?" he asks.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 4:04:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah keeps the phone against his ear. the coiled wire, albeit outdated, is winded tightly. however, the bodyguard runs his finger through the rubbery curls, enjoying how they spring loosely, relieved of tension. he hooks the phone back on to its dock and leans against the wall.

the dimly lit room is flooded with a colourful array of lights. technicolour stars and dots revolve against the walls, while the bright glare of the karaoke screen drenches their cheap couches with the flickerings of music videos and odd scenes.

he leans against the wall, a mischievous shape to his posture. "drinks. and french fries, 'cause you gotta order food here too, but more importantly, drinks. whoo!" noah shouts, leaping into a seat beside kyle. the couch squeaks, the faux-leather neither comfy or unpleasant.

"you serious? this place has like, every single song, man." noah leans over, flipping through the laminated pages. "they got the latest hits and shit all over." he takes a moment before catching kyle's eyes with his own.

"what are 'your' songs anyway?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 6:30:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his inquiry about the food was just a buffer, uncertain on how to feel about being trapped in an enclosed space with noah.

his thoughts break as he shrinks to his side when noah decides to sit right beside him. "t-there's more space over there, you know?" he stammers. he was too near for his comfort, finding himself staring at him, unable to concentrate.

kyle watches him intently as he flips through the pages. he gets nervous, fidgety even, as he turns around and catch his eyes. quickly averting his gaze to the screen, he rubs the back of his neck.

"uh..." a title of a song he is familiar with flashes on the screen at an opportune time. the anxious expression shifts, if not to appear attentive. "there! it flashed on the screen! i guess i just haven't seen it on the book."

and then the list of songs displayed on the screen shifts.

"oh. looks like you're singing first."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 6:53:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"dude, barely." noah says.

there is more than enough space. yet, noah is all over him, draping his arm over the elite four's shoulder as he plucks through page after page. the time is set. one hour. already, they're losing time.

"no biggie. i'll show you how it's done." noah leans over, scooping the keypad up. his arm remains around kyle like a dhelmise's powerful vine. "my voice? killer. you're gonna reaaaally fall in love with me after this."

he selects his song, and the lights shift. the speakers blare with midi-sounding instruments of electric guitar and drums of alternative rock.

noah sings, mic in hand. his voice is unsteady and slightly off-tune. yet, he's loud; his sound carries richly from his lungs as he sing-shouts: "waited for you! i waited! uninterrupted tomorrows passed, paused... and looked back...!!"

he continues to serenade kyle, tugging him close like a pirate singing a sea shanty.

the door opens mid-song as an employee, uniformed in the karaoke chain's sharp clothes, places a big, cold beer pitcher on the counter. but she doesn't stop. after placing the beer mugs, shot glass after shot glass clack against the tray as noah sings.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 7:16:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the arm over his shoulder makes him shudder, freezing as confidence oozes out of noah. he was too much for him and kyle doesn't know if he can ever get used to it.

"please don't disappoint me-"

and then he sings.

kyle is unable to do anything but to listen to everything. his hand helplessly goes around noah's arms, trying to free himself, when the employee enters the room. he gives in after he sees how much noah has ordered. each tug noah makes doesn't meet an equivalent resistance as kyle tries to think what went in noah's mind.

when it ends and the employee exits the room after bringing everything, kyle opens his mouth. "why? you don't even look like the type of person to drink."

he breaks free from his grasp without waiting for an answer and takes a shot glass, drinking its contents in one gulp, and then slamming it at the table.

"i need more of this if you're going to sing more..."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 7:32:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah sets the mic down. he's hot with nerves. the nerves of singing for the first time in front of kyle. self-awareness comes with humbling sweat. he's not the best singer, but at least he goes the distance. no tambourines needed.

"yeah, sure, but i don't look the type to do a bunch of other things too." noah smirks, waving his microphone around like a wand.

he watches kyle slam a drink.

"whoa, whoa, are you dissing my singing?" noah picks up a shot glass and hands it over to kyle. "okay, you gotta take another for being a jerk. and also, we gotta cheers first, the heck?"

noah takes another glass in his hand, ready to cling them together.

"you're next, man."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 14:11:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he suddenly feels bad about what he just said. "i guess that's true..." he stops, stares at the shot glass in his hand, and then back to noah. "you look like the kind of person that needs protecting, but here you are."

clumsy, careless and easily distracted, he wonders why he decided being a bodyguard was a good career for him. kyle finds himself staring longer than intended, only jerking back to reality when noah offers him another shot.

"o-okay."

with a glass in hand, he clinks it against noah's. he downs the shot quick, feeling lightheaded as soon as he clears its content. his vision starts to blur, though he regains clarity when the sound of his shot glass slamming on the table wakes him up.

"you know what?" he takes the song book and quickly looks for one specific song in mind: songbird's latest single. he quickly selects it and takes the mic from noah.

"just because you asked, you get this." he clears his throat and sings.

his singing voice was husky, and the tone of his words were a few notes lower than the original song's was. it was composed though, and was less shout-y than noah's. singing along with eve did get him here, somehow.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 7:00:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah needs no protector, no steward. yet he has floated here aimlessly, thrown and tossed by the hurlyburly of chaos and current. occasionally, they threaten to drag him under, but he keeps his head above water. although he does not admit his own struggles, he desires, deeply, that kyle will help him walk on water.

he drowns himself in his shot. the glass clangs against kyle's when slammed. at kyle's intiative, noah's eyes reflect the stars of the karaoke room lights. every imperfect note hangs on his ears. each echo, each distorted trill that floats above the backing track instills a thirst for more.

carefully, noah pours beer into their mugs, the heady scent of their beverages bubbling upward. he drinks, listening attentively as he rests his head against kyle's shoulder.

as kyle's song ends, the french fries arrive. the waiter sets the metal plate down. they're speckled with parsley and accompanied by soggy paper cups of ketchup. they rest on a bed of napkins.

as he dismisses the attendant, noah doesn't pull away from kyle. like a heavy paperweight, his head does not allow the elite four to budge. as the song ends, noah cranes upward, showering him with whispered praise.

"nice singing, dork. i want more." he bites a lobe playfully before snapping his whole body toward the shot glasses. "if you want me to sing again, you gotta take another shot. those are the rules."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 14:16:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle tried his best to concentrate on the song. he gets nervous with his touch, which was too much for his comfort. while it doesn't reflect to his singing, it does reflect in his fidgeting within his embrace.

the song ends and he suddenly hears noah's voice in his ears, reminded once again by the lack of space between them. he shudders with his words. kyle eyes the shot glass as noah explains before readily snatching one of them up and drinking another in one go.

"i haven't heard those rules before," he breaks mid sentence as he swipes his lips clean with his tongue, "but i'll humor you."

his hands start to shake as kyle starts to lose focus from his third shot. he manages to return the glass back to the table without much trouble though, before he offers the microphone to noah.

"at least choose a better song than the last one, okay?"

he grabs a tambourine this time, holding it with both his hands, as he anticipates the next song.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 5:20:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"you're handling yourself better than i thought." noah chuckles with liquor scent.

as he flips through the song book, his hand grasps a few french fries from their plate. he tucks a couple in between his teeth. flecks of salt and parsley fall as he offers one to kyle, waving it around his lips.

"yeah, where are the songs?"

should kyle make any movement to snatch the fry, noah would snap it back to his own mouth. as he chews, he parses through the book before finally finding one he's satisfied with. as he punches the song in, noah wets his throat with a deluge of beer.

the screen flashes to another video. in a blinding array of neon, the karaoke lights strobe and blare.

"okaaaaaa-aaay." noah leaps to his feet. "paaaarty rock!! yeah! whoo! let's go!"

like a trumpet unleashed, his voice roars through the mounted speakers. noah jumps with the beat and waves his hand. he looks to kyle, the room shaking with every landing.

"party rockers in the house toniiiiiight!" noah screams.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 6:40:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle moves in to take the fry, only to stare disappointingly when noah takes it back. the temptation to chase after it was there, though he has the self-control to just take his own.

he takes his own, grabbing one after the other, but stops from gorging himself with fries when noah finally starts to sing. he remains expectant, until he sings the first few lyrics of the song, prompting him to turn his head to him.

"it's party rock is."

kyle stares at noah afterwards, waiting for him to recognize the mistake and let that sink in. knowing him though, he probably wouldn't do anything about it.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 8:31:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's singing is clipped alongside his wings. he's grounded. the hopping stops, and the backtrack continues to play as the lyrics, outlined in thick blocky strokes, stream across the screen. the mistake sinks in. just like the hops churning in his gut.

after a brief stare back, noah shakes his head. he continues his song, but without his mic. it's thrown on the couch, the thud beating through the speaker.

"the faber version's different, 'kay?" noah blows a raspberry and grabs kyle's arms. he urges him to stand with him, to dance or at least shake the tambourine some more. "and my man, for that interruption... we need another shot."

"everybody just have a good tiiiime," noah sings, swaying sloppily to the beat. he waddles over to the low table and picks up two more glasses, "and we gon' make you lose your mind..."

he hands the other to kyle. with an arched brow, noah wraps his arm around the other for a toast, intertwined.

"kanpaaaaaiiii."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 3:00:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"k-kanpai..."

he returns the toast and downs his shot. that makes it four.

"why does everything have to end up with me taking a shot?" he asks. he starts to glow red from the alcohol, though the shade is conveniently hidden among the colorful lights in the room.

as soon as he returns the glass on the table, he takes another. "you know what?" he downs another shot. "let me just take another one in advance cause i know you'll just ask me to take a shot anyways."

five.

kyle quickly slumps towards noah, his arm slinging around his shoulders. he leans forward and settles his mouth into the microphone, joining noah when he finally gets to the next line of the song.

"party rock is in the house tonight!" he shouts.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 17:34:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"if you're part of the elite four, the rules are more strict. duh, man." noah tugs kyle's arm closer before relinquishing their tangle.

noah mistakes the glow for blushing. purposefully. as liquid courage is drawn from their endless well, noah shifts the crude abuse of substance for romance. he can't tell if the churning in his stomach is because of the liquor or the heart trying to crawl back to his chest.

he sets his own glass down and is pleasantly surprised when the elite four down another one. noah resumes singing. the slight jolt of his voice reveals the rumblings of some desire as kyle drapes his arm on him.

they sing. in some messy ruckus, noah revels in their terrible duet. their voices join, bashing together and melding smooth at parts, yet noah takes the time to remember, drunkenly and incorrectly, how beautiful they sound.

the song ends. noah breathes, sweaty from the dancing and hollering. he seizes the opportunity of kyle's proximity and plants a kiss on the other's cheek.

"we should like, audition for a talent show or something. i think we really got a good shot."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
resonance [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 23:45:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
too inebriated to feel the minor things in his environment, kyle does not feel the wetness on his cheek and doesn't wipe off what otherwise he would have in this situation.

"huh?" he slurs. "no! eve would just try to coach me and then i'll dieeeee."

with his arm still on noah's shoulder, he drags him down to pick up the mug of beer, where he sips on it clumsily.

"okay, this time, you take the shot!" his neck bends down sharply as he tries to collect what little thoughts he has, and then snapping back to noah. "wait, is it my turn? yeah it is, i think."

he drops down once more to take a shot glass. shaky fingers eventually brought it to his mouth without spilling any of its contents, dropping it all down to his throat. it burned, but the sensation is lost to his state of being intoxicated.

"sing again!" he orders with a smile. he rests his head on top of noah's. "i wanna hear your voice again," he whispurrs. and then he drops back to the couch, spilling a few globulets of beer on the floor.