fight fire with fire [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 2:06:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

This is probably the first time she's felt some degree of anxiety in the face of a gym challenge before. Alec Foster was another young trainer, younger even than she had been when she'd been given her gym. She's convinced it's his youth that worries her - that she's inadequate in comparison to him.[break][break]

After all, was it customary for the League to grant such young individuals this title? Who was this kid, some faceless boy who had risen to power without her noticing it.[break][break]

But she noticed now, and she was here to challenge him. Her motives are somewhat selfish, her innate desire to prove herself, to become stronger, is insatiable. [break][break]

Stormy's breath hitches in her throat as she pushes past the doors to the gym. Her fingers peel away from the edge of the door as it slides and latches closed. The sound is soft, yet reverberates quite loudly in the quiet setting. She steels herself for one last, deep breath.[break][break]

Maybe the new year's demolition of Slateport still weighed heavily on her shoulders. The woman rolls one, as if favouring it, while sucking air between her teeth.[break][break]

"I'm here to challenge the gym leader."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 2:52:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had ran around the gym tower, searching everywhere for his Pichu, Kaminari. It was his bath time, but whenever it time for his bath, he would always be out sight. Alec sighed, saying, "I can't find the little guy anywhere! I swear, it's like he knows when to-" Alec was cut off abruptly by someone entering the gym, asking for a Gym Challenge. Alec quickly turned and said with his signature goofy grin, "That'd be me! Nice to meet ya!" Alec said, holding his signature grin.

"So, you wanna have a Traditional Battle or try one of my Special challenges? I specialize in Dragon type Pokemon for my Gym!" Alec said, adding the last part quickly. He wasted on time getting into the details. In fact, he had completely forgot that he was searching for his Pichu for it's bath time.

The moment he heard the words 'Gym Challenge', the thought of what he was doing before had completely left his thoughts. It was then a few minutes later that Alec had then realized something about the female. "Say, don't I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar. I just can't put my finger on it," Alec said, being completely truthful. He may have not have actually met her in person, but he still couldn't help but notice that she was somehow familiar. Was she a celebrity or something?

-UwU-

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 3:38:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Someone whizzes past her peripheral, and she's fairly certain she had heard them mumbling about someone, some 'little guy' that they couldn't find. She opens her mouth to interject once again, but it seems that the young man has already noticed her or heard her entrance earlier.[break][break]

As he approaches, the woman remains quiet and reserved, but her eyes travel up and down the boy as if to study him. His smile is contagious and she can't help but find herself smiling back.[break][break]

"It's nice to meet you too, Alec, was it?"[break][break]

He dives into the different challenges and her eyebrows raise at the mention of dragon-type. She's quite familiar with the breed, having raised some herself. Granted, her specialty remains with fire-type Pokemon, but isn't it almost a given that dragons breath fire?[break][break]

And then he redirects the attention back to her, and she blinks in mild surprise.[break][break]

"I'm Stormy Silph, and I think I'll take you up on one of your special challenges. I'd like to see your strongest dragon."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 14:05:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec nodded, stilling his grin stretched across his face. "Yep! Alec Foster! I came from the Johto Region a while back! It's crazy to think I'm a Gym Leader now!" Alec admitted with a nervous laugh. Ever since he had become Pacifidlog's Gym Leader, he had changed attitude wise. Sure, he was goofy, but not nearly as much as he was before. He had grew more mature, not just as a trainer to his Pokemon, but as an everyday person as well. Someone might not see that as a bad thing, and really it wasn't.

However ... ever since the events of Slateport and what had happened to Mateo ... A part of Alec just wasn't the same anymore. Alec couldn't help but feel guilty for not being there to help. Instead, he was traveling around the region, not having a clue as to the events until after seeing the news headlines. Alec hid his feelings as best as he could though, however a part of him kept blaming himself even though it wasn't his fault at all.

"Wait, are you related to Fernando Silph? The Slateport Gym Leader!?" Alec said, kind of surprised. He was not expecting that honestly. "S-sorry for being nosy! Anyways, if you wanna challenge my strongest dragon then follow me! I like to have this challenge outside 'cause, well, he could wreck this Gym Building annnnnnnd, I can't afford repairs at the moment," Alec admitted, once again giving a more nervous laugh then before.

He then proceeded to lead the way outside to the same outdoor training area where he had fought at. It was an intense battle, however Kaz had won. Ever since then, his Charizard had been training by itself non-stop, desperately trying to get stronger. When they got the outdoor arena, Alec had called out to Inferno from the top of the tower like he usually does. "Hey, Inferno! We got another challenge! C'mon down here and say hi!" Alec said with smile. A few seconds later, a Charizard took flight from off the rooftop of the tower, flying down towards Alec and Stormy. It eyed Alec and then to Stormy with a slight huff from his nostrils.

"This is my Charizard, Inferno! He'll be your opponent for your challenge! Also," pulling his coat sleeve up, revealing his mega glove to Stormy. "He can Mega Evolve too! So, keep that in mind," Alec said with a smirk. "Well, what kind of Pokemon will you choose for this challenge?" Alec asked, eager to know.

-UwU-

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 14:19:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy muses over the fact that he's from Johto. She's sure she's visited the region, but can't immediately picture the scenery. [break][break]

He jumps to his next thought immediately and she blinks quietly. There's the slightest twinge in her composure - yet another individual comparing her immediately to Fernando. With a small breath, she nods and forces a smile.[break][break]

"By name only, but yes."[break][break]

The woman waves away his 'nosiness' as nothing more but simple questions. She doesn't mind it, she merely dislikes the immediate connection she always receives.[break][break]

He leads her outside to a separate, outdoor arena. Her gaze travels along the exterior of the building and up into the air. It's fresh and light, the perfect temperature. It's quite relaxing. She chuckles a bit as he comments on not wanting the building to be destroyed. [break][break]

Stormy's gaze quickly snaps to the gym leader's Pokemon in question. Her lips part in an admiring 'o' as the Charizard lights down. His wide wingspan is impressive, and she's enrapt with admiration.[break][break]

The flash of a mega stone on the boys glove reminds her of the warmth against her chest. Her fingers travel up to the pendant at her neck and she smiles.[break][break]

"I don't mean to immitate, but.."[break][break]

She presses a pokeball on her belt and a beautiful black-scaled Charizard appears. Her dark scales are marred with scars that had since healed. She looks battleworn and experienced, perhaps even a bit older and wiser. The Slateport disaster had marred her once beautiful and unblemished appearance, stolen her youth. [break][break]

"This is Wadjet, and she will be your opponent. She can also mega evolve."[break][break]

With a wink from Stormy, Wadjet fans her wings and sizes up her opponent, smoke billowing from her nostrils.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 21:16:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

When Stormy said, she didn't mean to imitate, Alec blinked, a little confused. That was when, Stormy revealed her Pokemon. Alec's eyes brightened up as if they were small little stars and said, "A Charizard too!?! I've never seen one that color before! Is it a breeding kind of thing!? Please you have to tell me?" Alec said, getting extremely excited now as he had continued to admire the black Charizard that had materialized from Stormy's Poke Ball.

Realizing that he was getting ahead of himself, he laughed nervously while scratching his head. "I can't help myself when I see something cool and exciting like your Charizard! I just get so caught up in the moment, ya know? Well, anyways. Let's have ourselves a battle to be remembered!" Alec said having a confident smirk on his face.

He quickly got into position and then said, "Usually I'd let you go first, since your a lady and all, but since this is a special gym challenge, My Inferno will go first!" Alec said, hoping that was okay with Stormy. If it was his mother he was battling, she'd beat the snot out of him. She's the kind of person who always goes first in battle ... and she can also be extremely intimidating.

"Alright, Inferno! Start things off with Dragon Breath!" Alec said, having a confident grin on his face. Alec's Charizard spewed a purplish stream from it's mouth, which had went straight for Stormy's Wadjet.

-Also, I almost forgot, due to my recent curry, I had Alec's Charizard learn Dragon Claw in place of Air Slash uwu. If you would prefer to have Inferno keep Air Slash for this battle pls let me know and I will edit that! <3 sorry for telling you the last minute! D: -

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 15:05:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy chuckles at Alec's reaction, and her attention shifts to her companion. The black-scaled beast puffs smoke from her nostrils, but she appears almost bashful or awkward. Like she isn't used to the flattery or is unsure how to respond. [break][break]

"She came to me with her normal cherry red colouring - and when she evolved something must have changed. She's beautiful, though."[break][break]

Alec apologizes and Stormy smirks, shaking her head indifferently. She doesn't mind the praise, she was often the type to react the same way in similar situations.[break][break]

She takes her place on the battlefield and Wadjet follows confidently, each step making the gravel on the turf to jitter. Alec makes a comment about going first, and she waves her hand dismissively. It doesn't matter how the battle begins, only how it ends.[break][break]

And she intends to win.[break][break]

The woman's body tenses as he commands his Charizard forward. Wadjet spreads her wings in preparation as the beast spewed purple, wispy energy. It crashes against her wings as she stands there, deflecting most of the damage with her wings.[break][break]

When the dust clears, Wadjet has performed a dragon dance and risen to the sky.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 13:15:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Inferno had never faced another Charizard, let alone a Female Charizard before. Alec was slightly concerned that due to this, that Inferno might actually lose in all honesty, but he would never know unless he tried, right?

When Stormy's Charizard had took flight in the air with it's majestic movement, it was like he was seeing female version of his own Charizard. "Do the same Inferno! Don't let Wadjet have the advantage!" Alec had said, Surprisingly enough, Inferno did not hesitate and went straight after Wadjet, ascending into the air after the female Charizard. He too flew Majestically into the air, however, Inferno had attempted to swoop around Wadjet from underneath it, moving quickly to Wadjet's back.

When that happened, Alec quickly said, "Dragon claw, now!" Alec shouted, and with that, Inferno's claws had began to glow a shade of green, and had attempted to swipe at Stormy's own Pokemon. Alec had hoped that his attack would work, however Alec had a feeling that there was still more to Stormy's own Charizard than meets the eye. Alec had honestly hoped he would be able to test this out and see if landing a hit would fairly easy or not.

-tl;dr: Inferno flies after Wadjet and attempts to strike with Dragon Claw!

If you prefer us to only use one move per post, pls let me know and I'll edit! <3 -

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 13:30:34 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy was counting on Wadjet's smaller frame and sleeker female design to help aid them in their battle. She was, hopefully, just that much faster and more agile than her male counterpart. And, generally speaking, likely calmer and collected in the heat of battle. [break][break]

It does not surprise either beast nor beastmaster when Alec's Charizard pushes off the ground in pursuit. The woman's teeth graze the inside of her bottom lip as she thinks hard about what their strategy might be.[break][break]

Wadjet gathers her pocket of air beneath her wings, holding steady and remaining focused even when she feels the hot breath of Inferno at her tail. The other Charizard seems to momentarily disappear, pivoting his movement and attempting to keep out of her line of sight. Or perhaps he was just waiting for something.[break][break]

Regardless, the moment Alec calls for the orange dragon to attack, Wadjet is ready.[break][break]

"Match it!"[break][break]

Wadjet bellows, her own claws glowing with the same power. Just as Inferno's claws would find purchase, she'd link her own dragon claw with his. And then, should neither of them have backed off, she would attempt to use her weight and, indirectly, his, to attempt to slam both of them to the ground.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 1:27:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec couldn't help but smirk, even though it was the beginning of the battle. He and his Pokemon would always be pumped up from the very start in every battle they had, especially Inferno. When the two Charizards linked together, Inferno could start to feel Wadjet's weight pushing down on him, which gave him the incentive to fire off a Dragon Breath at Wadjet at point-blank range in order to prevent him from being slammed on the ground.

There was an intense look in his eyes, and Alec knew what that meant. He was enjoying fighting Stormy's female Charizard, Wadjet. "If you're gonna push Inferno into a corner, you're gonna have to do better than that!" Alec said with a playful smirk. What he said though was true. Alec had trained his Charizard as if it were actually a Dragon Type Pokemon, rather than it's original typing, which had seemed a little odd, however it proved to always be effective while in battle. I guess that was why Inferno was his most strongest Pokemon.

He had always wondered why his Parents had given him that Mega stone and Mega Glove, and now he was starting to realize why. It was because the two were so much alike that they worked extremely well together, or at least, that was Alec's conclusion. I'm sure there was a more obvious reason that Alec couldn't see, or unfortunately understand, but it didn't matter to Alec how many reasons there were. He was just grateful for having Inferno by his side, and working together to get stronger.

-tl;dr: Inferno Attempts to blast Wadjet with Dragon Breath up close to prevent him from getting slammed down to the ground!
Lemme know if I missed something uwu <3 and sorry for the wait! -

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 1:44:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

They're spiraling out of control, coming in hard for a crash landing - the heavier Charizard on the bottom. His claws dig into hers and vice versa but then she's being blasted with DRAGON BREATH and it scalds her scales. The attack is enough to dislodge her grip enough that they break apart, her wings beating hard to force her to stay in place and drop her opponent. She blinks the pain away, squinting and shaking her head as the purple fire dies down on her skin.[break][break]

Stormy's jaw clenches slightly at this ordeal. It's a minor setback - they can overcome this. [break][break]

Wadjet steadies herself in the air, staring down her opponent, waiting for Stormy's next order. But they also have a bond, and she quickly picks up on the fact that Stormy is thinking a couple steps ahead, waiting for an opportunity to react. It's time for Wadjet to act and react on her own, to wait for her master's opening.[break][break]

So she focuses on the defensive, utilizing her previous DRAGON DANCE that had boosted her speed to try and keep distance between her and Inferno. In the meantime, should he ever get closer to her, she would repeatedly attempt to drive him back with FLAMETHROWER, exhaling incredibly hot flames from her maw, reverberating with her roars.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 2:24:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Inferno had began to charge Wadjet with Dragon Dance Mimicking Wadjet without Alec giving him a command. At this point, Inferno was enjoying the battle so much that he let his own thinking take over, and Alec had a look on his face that showed no signs of concern for his Charizard. Charizard dodged the first burst of flames that was fired at him, repeating the process as he got closer bit by bit, making sure he stayed moving, while getting closer, even if it was by just a margin. By the time Wadjet had fired it's third Flamethrower, Charizard quickly spun, having it's wings and back facing the ground.

The flames grazed his belly, however he didn't let that bother him, and kept spurring forward. His claws glowed a flash of green, striking Wadjet with a swiping Dragon Claw. With Dragon Dance, not only did his speed improve, but the strength behind his attacks as he had improved as well. Someone who was skilled at training Dragon Pokemon could easily have his Dragon Pokemon, and even though Charizard wasn't actually a Dragon Type, it was as if he were one.

"You probably noticed by now that Inferno isn't trained by his proper Typing. Sure, it's a little Unorthodox, but any Charizard can unlock it's hidden Dragon within him, and that's what Inferno has done," Alec had said to Stormy. "Even though their both the exact same Pokemon, I can tell Wadjet was brought up differently. That's not a bad thing though. In fact, Inferno has already acknowledged her as a worthy opponent."

-tl;dr: Inferno makes way towards Wadjet with Dragon Dance!
He is grazed by Flamethrower, but manages to continue his assault and attempts to strike Wadjet with Dragon Claw!

Lemme know if this seems wonky :hairywrists: <3 I'll make edits if I need to! :shiblobheart:-

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 0:36:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Wadjet does her best to beat back her opponent as his DRAGON DANCE advance brings him closer. The beast harasses her with his wings, his claws, his entire existence. He's like a hummingbird or dragonfly, flying in and out and dodging her FLAMETHROWERS in order to try and exhaust her.[break][break]

But the moment he get's close enough to lash out with another DRAGON CLAW, Wadjet is quicker, pushing away from him with a second DRAGON DANCE of her own. Her wings act as a buffer, pushing wind ahead of her as her body twirls out of the way of his claws. They glance over her scales, causing her mild pain but nothing compared to what she might have endured.[break][break]

The black dragon roars, spittle flying off of her teeth as she pivots again in midair, turning hard and fast to come back into close-quarters with Inferno. Her own claws are imbued with draconic power as she lashes out with another, empowered, DRAGON CLAW.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay