Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 7:48:59 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian was rushing his morning routine, making himself ready as he awaited Noah's text. After taking a moment to check the directions, he stalked over towards his apartment door and snatched a backpack, belt and keys from off a coffee table before making his egress downtown.

Miser, his shiny persian, accompanied him out the door; there was an irrefutable bounce with every step he took, betraying how excited Adrian was.

Cold feet carried him quickly to the cafe marked on his phone's map, as he realized he'd agreed to giving Noah a private show. Rosy cheeks revealed how bashful he felt as he tried to psyche himself out. He's your fan, he'll like it. And if not...

Noah was a nice enough guy to let him down easy.

Clapping his cheeks, Adrian pushed through the glass door barring his entry, eyes wide like dinner plates as he tried to pin Noah down from out of the sea of faces that were teeming in the shop...

A classy cat trying to show off its shine.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 5:26:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the caffeinated crowd is enough cover for noah. under the camouflage of his tracksuit, noah hurdles through customers. behind him, his houndour, frey, trots quietly.

in a rushed surprise, noah sneaks behind adrian. he bumps a paper cup softly against the musician's shoulder.

"hey!" noah says, his houndour taking a seat. "you made it! i got you a coffee, but i just sorta guessed how much milk and sugar you want, man." he has his own in the other hand.

despite the early hour, there is no grogginess to his voice.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 2:14:24 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

How hard can it be to find one guy...

While Adrian tries to find Noah, failing miserably in that department, he ends up being found. Shoulders tense as a warm coffee is pressed against his back, accompanied by a familiar voice.

...Oh! It's him. Could've been more subtle.

"Hey! I was just looking for you," he quickly quipped, grasping at the offer of coffee. Shrugging indifferently, a lopsided smile on his face, he choked out: "I'm not picky about my coffee."

I hope he put lots, but I can always add more...

Obliged he took a sip, tasting a rich mix of bean and creamer, but also a pervading sweetness. Immediately his stomach roiled at the concoction, although his tongue begged for another taste.

"S'good. Thanks." Although he rarely enjoys coffee, it's a great change of pace; and he's not wont to suggest otherwise. He wears a light, easy-going smile as he speaks with the last bit of grogginess that's clung onto him since he'd roused himself awake. "Aww, that Houndour's cute."

A hand reflexively reached out to pat the pokemon, at great personal insult to the Persian, but Miser would simply tangle itself betwixt either person's legs as it made an introduction of its own.

A classy cat trying not to seem jealous.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 2:01:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"his name's frey! decided to sneak a walk in." he sips his own coffee. although his throat craves water from his mammoth mug, noah drinks the java readily. "more a cat person?" his eyes flicker to the persian.

the busy din of the cafe obscures the clarity of their voices. it is an absolute obstacle to the purpose of their meeting; noah desires to hear the song in full. in person.

"so, there's more free space upstairs." noah says, having already mapped the place. "let's keep you moving so that you don't fall asleep, hahaha."

his houndour takes the petting well, but a playfulness inspires it to teeth on adrian's fingers.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 2:33:50 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Aww, he reminds me of when my Arcanine was still a Growlithe," he offers at Frey's teething, which also serves to dismiss the previous notion that he was a cat person. "I like most pokemon, really. But Miser's better at keeping a low profile." He gestured to the sleek feline.

Shifting around uncertainly, he takes another sip of the coffee before allowing silence to fall. But Noah is keen for the preview, and quickly decides to spirit them away somewhere not surrounded by morning people chattering about what they want in their espresso. "Fine, fine," he hardly resists.

After getting upstairs he's surprised to see a few people occupying a couple monitors set up along the walls, although many remain empty and available for use. Shuffling towards one the furthest from any strangers, Adrian prepares to take a seat, Persian yawning as it too settles in.

"This place is actually pretty swanky..."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 8:00:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah scoops his houndour into his arms. the dog's paws peek out on his sleeve as round eyes track adrian's persian. as they make their way to their seats, the loud lights of their monitors bathe their bodies.

"so, man. you got a song to sing for me, right?" noah says as he plops himself into his chair. he waggles his eyebrows. "i'm a true fan. i'll be honest about whether i like it or not."

frey, the houndour, rests comfortably in his lap. however, noah steals one of his arms, raising a paw to wave it.

"frey too. right, little guy?"

the houndour barks.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 1:52:42 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
It was cute the way he held up Houndour's paw. Adrian wished he'd brought along Howitzer; they would've gotten along. They were so much alike.

"Yeah, yeah," he says with no small hint of sass. Although he's smiling outwardly, there's a knot in his stomach from the anxiety. I want him to like it... But it was unlike his last song. It was somber.

Depressing, he countered himself. And super edgy.

Pulling out his phone and flicking through to his messenger, Adrian pinpointed the lyrics he'd sent to Noah earlier the night before, rehearsing them in his mind's eye. "J-just... gimme a moment."

Closing his eyes, he relaxes his breathing, his chest rising and slowing at a crawl as he pushes out and exhales. Clearing his mind, as well his throat, Adrian imagines the instrumentals he's devised kicking in, allowing them to build up before...—

"You never know when you'll see the day,
Your arms and legs, they've given out;
Death's knocking harder at your doors today,
Choking on your words, your voice fades out..."

His eyelids peel back long enough for him to catch a glimpse of Noah, but he shies away from the eye contact, slipping them closed just as soon.

"I never thought it would happen this way,
Losses sustained with the first rattled shout;
Torn from the world without given a say,
Abandoned, left for dead in the fallout...!"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 4:36:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar

although noah is the kind to restlessly swing their chair back and forth, he stills upon hearing adrian's voice. his shoes press in to the ground like anchors. for awhile, noah's enraptured by the exhibition of talents he will call his own. the recognition of such a thing comes sadly to him.

as adrian finishes, noah's eyes release the stars they've captured. he scoots forth. the wheels of the chair roll as noah leans to punch the other in the arm. his houndour hops off with a grumble and finds solace in the dark cave underneath the desk and keyboard.

"dude, your voice sounds even better in person. that was amazing." noah thwacks the other's arm a few more times. 'clapping'. "sounds pretty heavy though. you okay, man?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 4:59:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He shies away from the punches, unaccustomed to the gesture but mostly recoiling out of instinct. Noah makes him feel like a friend, less so a celebrity. "Ou-hey! HEY! That's assault; I could like, sue you, or something," he scolds in jest.

He's able to breath easily for a moment, basking in the praise that seems to lift his spirits, puffing out his chest. Beaming even. But Noah is sharp, not letting the contents of the song go unquestioned. An answer isn't forthcoming, and he tries to avert his gaze to hide from the question, but his company is insistent. "Yeah, I'm alright. Why?"

It was like a tribute, or even a requiem to those who'd lost during the New Year's incident. Of course it was going to be heavy. While Adrian had gotten off lucky, he'd seen much. Sometimes he still recalled that fateful moment a trainer's Gardevoir burst into smithereens, scraps of its gossamer being littering the area in a downpour of its mutilated cadaver. But he'd been "lucky"...

...And recognized for it after the fact.

"I just needed to write... something." In his own way, it was paying homage to those who'd paved the path he now walked with their sacrifices.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 8:57:42 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah retreats with a laugh. when the other jests, noah is pleased. a sense of guarding falls from his shoulders. while others may reject the physicality of his gestures, adrian seems to handle him well. for now.

"just asking. you sing it with a ton of feeling, man." noah says, eyes flickering around for his houndour. "either you're that good, or the song's from something big. or both."

he finds his houndour and sighs soft.

"but i'm probs being too nosy."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:12:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's twiddling a finger in front of Miser's face, earning a few half-hearted swipes as he catches the pink beans of their padded feet in hand.

"Maybe. But you've got more tact than most paparazzi, so you don't come across calloused or inciting..." Credit where credit was due. Although he'd been hoping for a bit of a respite, he supposed people could already guess what it was about. Adrian didn't have to guard it like a secret.

"I was celebrating in Slateport over the New Year. You've heard the news. Hardly the holiday we were all expecting..." He pouted, lowering his voice to more of a dull croaking.

"I got lucky, but... some people weren't." Splaying himself against the table, stealing away Noah's arm space, he ran anxious digits through the tangles of his hair, kneading out his raw, flayed nerves.

"I just want to know they're being cared for. The song's supposed to be attention grabbing; so people won't forget them." That was his mission.

"Hopefully they're making progress..." Anybody who'd seen his social media knew a music festival was in the works. Proceeds were meant to help stabilize Slateport's communities, and offer an innocent distraction. Adrian, a humanitarian...?

Mayhap this world of theirs was fated for ruin.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 3:37:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar

in the mayhem of it all, noah had not been able to discern adrian among the countless faces and pokemon. he can hear glass crunching under his shoes. smell of burning and sweat of battle. the numbing aftermath and cold absence of then.

"i was there too." noah softens into his seat. "song hits harder now... real hard, man." he rubs his neck: the gentle salve of touch.

"any plans for release soon? 'cause, i think it's that good. or maybe just, like, important."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 6:49:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He starts at Noah, a look of apology blaring across the table at him. "I-I'm sorry, man. I didn't know..." He'd been a bit presumptuous there. Seemed he'd been around for that shit show, too.

"I'm writing it for the music festival Buzz Records is sponsoring in Slateport later this year. But I didn't wanna piss on the mood if things get chipper by then. I have other songs ready for it too..."

They were his record company, and he owed a lot to them. It went without saying he'd hoped to return the favor. Sitting back into his chair, throwing his head back in a tangle of jet black locks, he finds his composure. "It'll work out."

His dulcet tones betrayed no lack of confidence, but he would truly feel remiss to leave this song as just letters etched in a notebook. "Thanks, Noah. You're a swell pal." He smiled with his eyes.

"Oh, I should pay you back for the coffee," he began to rummage through his pockets, trying to find the familiar leather texture of his wallet.

...Did I leave it back at the apartment?
A classy albeit distanced cat.
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2020 21:01:18 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"dude, people are always down for sad boy hours." noah scoots closer and the wheels of his chair roll. "can't you sing like two? and maybe a third because of an encore? i'll scream for one, don't worry, man."

again, noah laughs. their computers remain untouched. the keyboards ripple with their led lights, pleading for touch. noah's houndour remains nestled in the safest spot: the hugged corner underneath the desk.

"no dude. that's on me." noah says. his coffee remains on a coaster on the computer desk. as he watches adrian rummage, he surmises the obvious. "can't find your wallet though? did ya lose it?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
blumpkin spice [c]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 5:08:51 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"...I suppose so. Maybe it's at home." Adrian sounds a little disappointed in himself, though he's also a bit vexed, having vividly recalled grabbing his essentials on the way out the door... or so he'd have thought. Persian curled around his ankles, perhaps disinterested. "I'll figure it out later."

Wrong. He was already pulling out at his phone, sending a string of text to his bank, asking them to temporarily suspend the account as lost/stolen. Sliding it back into his pocket, Adrian plucked the coffee off the table before taking another delicate sip, then eyeing the monitor before him. Hm...

"You ever play any video games?" Adrian would be shocked to hear them say no, but one could never be too sure. Digits pecking against the keyboard with a clatter, he'd lull the system out of sleep mode, signing into a default user account. The wallpaper had the shop's logo emblazoned across its surface, with a plethora of icons for various gaming clients and media platforms.

"Hmm... I don't recognize most of these."
A classy albeit distanced cat.