awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
To Take on the Challenge [duo wild]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 7:05:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"Eighty? Now that's a lot." Selena rambled as she picked the pokéball containing the treecko from braixen. "I assume they all have the same funky names such as Lucha's?"

Annie went on to discuss the hurdles she had to face and the bravery it took her to face them. In one way or another, Selena realized they were just the same, trying to prove something with their own skills and knowledge, if not for the stark difference of their family background. The Kalosian decided not to comment when she caught the frowned that painted the girl's face for a quarter of a second.

That's the thing about journallists. They're very good observers.

"And I'm sure as well that speaks for yourself. You struggled. You faced your obstacles. You've been in the adult-side of the world even when you're still a few years short. Give yourself some credit, Annie." She bumped her elbow, a gesture she learned to reassure a person.

Selena noticed a few more grass pokémons idling the peripheries but decided to ignore it, the braixen busy poking them with fire and its twig.

The reporter wanted to shy away from the question that followed. She's becoming to think of Annie as a friend, and she knew, by experience, that friends in workplaces often lead to disastrous misunderstandings. But with her mooning over her curious finds, she finally decided to tell.

"It's not actually a scoop yet since I'm still working on it, in between the measly leads and errands, that is—but I'm working on something about the Team Rocket and their operations here in Hoenn. Maybe even their involvement with recent extraterrestrial beast incidents in the region, and the missing Elite Four member. Perhaps also the incompetence of the Council in handling such cases. I'm still trying to connect the dots, but I think I'll have something more concrete in the near future."

PASS.

Waiting for Annie's turn...

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 16:38:00 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Lucha Libre narrowed his eyes at the trainer. “That depends on what your idea of funky is,” Annie giggled. “They all mean something special to me, so I try to give them names that match. Lucha’s going to be one of the most feared fighters in Hoenn one day, so he needs a name to match!” Moral support stopped the bird short of trying to argue; he settled for a cheer and making himself comfortable in her arms instead. Being there stopped him from chasing after every unclaimed Pokemon that showed its face, and for that Annie was grateful. It wasn’t often a drifter like her got a chance to talk with no strings attached.

‘Flattery will get you nowhere’, some said. Not Annie, not ever. The ego boost was always appreciated, but even she had the sense to try and be humble. “Oh, I know!” Try. “I’ve done a lot… But I’m not anywhere near done yet, so there’s no time to rest. You get it, right?” Of course she did. They were fellow hard workers, each chasing a dream few wanted them to reach. There was a certain kindship in th-

Annie’s face froze. Confusion took hold, then outright disapproval. She held her Hawlucha a little closer to herself. There was a lot about the woman’s words that she didn’t like. Extra-terrestrials, the missing man, but more than that… Rocket. Mention of the organisation would stir unease in most of Hoenn’s populace, but being a native from Kanto meant the name hit a little harder.

“Rocket doesn’t exist anymore.”
There was an assertive edge to her voice. “Not here, and not for a while. We’re done with that.” A firm tone helped to mask the wave of unease that always followed memories of New Year’s Eve. “So there’s no way they’d have anything to do with all of that other stuff.”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Passing!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 20:27:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELEKID APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LOW KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLAAFFY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 11:26:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena would allow herself to be challenged, especially with her ideas, but it did not mean that she would just take whatever’s given to her. A journalist’s second best weapon is her gut. The first one is her persistence to know the truth.

When Annie's voice turned stern at the mention of Team Rocket, Selena guessed the girl might now something about the lead she's chasing. But what can a sixteen year old girl know of the incident? A girl who's busy chasing here dreams of becoming the Hoenn champion? Unless...

Unless she was also involved at the incident inquestion.

"But how can we be so sure?" The journalist laid out a trap. "An organization like that... it will take years to break their structure and even longer to crush their beliefs. Unless you know something?"

Selena eyed a flaaffy passing through the meadows, and gave herbraixen a quick nod. Circe flashed a barrage of FIRE BLAST into the electric-type before fainting. Another balll was hurled at the tired creature, and they all waited for the click to ring.

The Kalosian returned to the girl and continued interrogating. 
"And how can you say they had no involvement with the ultra beast incident? Are you even there?"

The reporter inside the passionate Kalosian trainer was now showing, even more fervid.

CIRCE uses FIRE BLAST at wild FLAAFFY.
SELENA throws POKÉBALL (CATCH).

Waiting for Annie's turn...

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 17:43:54 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The girl’s expression barely changed, unconvinced by the woman’s words. “People did work for years. Across several regions, for years. They’re the reason why we don’t have problems in Hoenn.” She lifted Lucha a few inches up, drawing attention to the little fighter.

“This is my Hawlucha. He’s purple and yellow. …Just because I’ve said it doesn’t make it right, especially when you don’t have any proof.” The girl made no effort to hide that she was on the defensive, especially when the journalist questioned her confidence. Annie gave pause, squinted eyes trying to figure out if she was being tricked. No, she realised… There was no angle, only a disappointing string of questions.

Her face fell, and with it her voice lowered. “You made me think you were a really good journalist for a bit there.” The illusion of having found a kindred spirit cracked, and the betrayal showed on her face. “Of course I was there. It’s not a secret. I took interviews on it. It was front-page news. Shouldn’t somebody searching for the truth know that?”

Her little beast grimaced at the source of her displeasure, and Annie was quick to follow. Her words went from displeased to outright accusing, and with every word she grew a little louder. “You didn’t have to be there to know that people died. We almost died fighting those things off. We didn’t do it so some random that couldn’t even do research could jump in with her crackpot conspiracies!”

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Passing!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 8:07:29 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"Oh, dear. But the thing is, I know." Annie took the bait. Selena grinned. "Annie Mei. Sixteen. Migrant from Kanto. Grew up in foster homes. Has an incredibly long police record."

The journalist counted with her fingers as she speak. "On top of that: has three Hoenn badges. Has a very suspicious pokémon in possession. And has Martinez's shoe. I know it's not a lot, but they're just pieces of tidbits I need to connect the dots."

Selena read the HNN report about the recent incident in Slateport. That's where she read about Annie and started digging about her backstory. It's no surprise for Selena to get as much dirt and information about the girl, especially now that she saw how intense the crimson-eyed trainer could be.

She is an integral piece of the puzzle. But she is not what Selena wanted.

The Kalosian expected Annie to turn defensive in a form of berating her skills as an investigative journalist. It has always been the case. She was just like all the other people she caught in an ambush. Their instincts will make them aggressive. Selena just needed to extend her patience to earn the treasured grain of truth.

"In all those years I've practiced journalism, I've come to realize that the motive is as important as the evidence.She stepped a little closer to the girl, hoping her presence do not give her a sense of intimidation but a refuge to let out all her deeply entrenched frustrations. "The proof can be manipulated, changed, and erased. You can say that the rocket's really gone because there's no evidence left. But is it really?"

"You know, I'm one of those people you're saying. I was also in Kanto when the Rocket invaded the region. I was there when they failed in Johto. I was one of those people who actually did their work, trying to dig some more info about their organization. So believe me when I'm telling you, even if it's just in my guts, that the trace of their existence may not be apparent, but a motive still exists. Team Rocket is still alive."

Waiting for the catch.
CIRCE is idle.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 8:50:58 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]She was an honest girl when she could help it, wearing her heart on her sleeve and saying what came to mind, often to a fault. It was no surprise, then, that the girl didn’t take kindly to being tricked. The girl knitted her brow as the journalist played her hand, only for the confusion to give way to offense. Then more betrayal. It was right at home with an already defensive child, stirring into a mix of emotions that meant nothing good for the woman’s efforts. Selena stepped inwards; Annie took a half-step back, catching herself short of shying away.

A pang of realisation came next, once she realised that the trap ran deeper. It wasn’t just a few questions meant to get the wrong words out of her. She’d known much more about the girl than most. A boost to her ego under any other circumstance, but much less so when she realised it was for selfish gain. The woman had played dumb from the start, putting on a false smile as she let the girl introduce herself. And for what? “What the fuck is your game?”

The Hawlucha knew the seething whisper-yell well; Annie had the sense to hug him tight to her chest, but he was squirming, itching to be let loose on his master’s troubles. She planted her foot back where it belonged, alongside its pair as she stared the lady down.

“Look up whatever you can about me-“ A difficult task, considering her lack of credentials. “Stalk me across the region-“ A show of the woman’s skill, when even her friends struggled to keep up with her. “And put on a dumb act. I don’t get it! It can’t have just been to feed some kid half-baked theories about a dead team, but what else? There’s no way you went to all that effort just to tell yourself I’d help you after you played me, right?”

Getting the girl to admit she’d fallen for anything was a rare feat, but not without cause. A fire burned in Annie’s eyes, but for once, the intensity wasn’t born out of determination. No, hers was a barely-concealed rage, waiting for the wrong words to let it be unleashed.

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2020 13:09:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The heated conversation drew Circe near the trio, her curious eyes intently staring down at Annie as she bluster her frustration at Selena. The journalist, on the other hand, was more worried at the girl’s reaction.

They did not call her the Eye of Staraptor for nothing. She is an award-winning journalist in other regions, afterall. She has the skills most reporters of her generation do not possess. No one reaches her caliber of investigative writing. She does not simply miss details.

But for a girl with rough path before her, she realized how Annie took it poorly. “Okay, listen.” She took a step back, acknowleding how her stepping forward have caused some tension.

“I’m just here to train and catch new pokémons. Circe and I just accidently bumped you, that’s all. It’s fine if you don’t believe me.” She went to where the flaffy’s ball stopped shaking before continuing. “I won’t even force you to believe me about my writing, if that’s what you’re suggesting.”

Circe leaped from her position back to Selena’s side as the Kalosian pattes its head, the vixen comforting the journalist that the girl might mistook confident. The braixen knew she was also tensed.

“But remember this: many have died protecting their homeland from Team Rocket. Pokémons and trainers alike. Even here. You don’t want them to keep dying anymore, do you? Is that why you keep this sense of false positivity? Because I also want the same—but not this. Not if I’m not 100% sure that they’re gone.”
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 2:34:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]SELENA CATCHES FLAAFFY!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN

[attr="class","wildnote"] BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!