awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
To Take on the Challenge [duo wild]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 18:23:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Past the town of Oldale where Selena has just dropped her challenge notice to the gym leader, she came to train Circe. The braixen, recently evolved from its old baby fox form, started collecting twigs instead of eating them and Selena knew it was only a matter of time when it would woo her for a pokémon battle. Afterall, most newly evolved pokémons need time  to adjust to their new skills and abilities before they become confident in participating battles.

She may be a full-time news reporter, but Selena did not forget the joy of expanding her knowledge of pokémon through training and battles. Whenever she visited a new region, she always find the time to continue on her dream of becoming a pokémon champion herself. Despite the streneous task of completing gym badges to earn her a spot in challenging the elite fours, she felt these learnings are necessary.

Gym challenges are tough and rewarding experiences and Selena knew better than just to have fun and not to take them seriously. Other than training her team into full condition before her many appointments to Hoenn's fine assemblage of league trainers, she also felt the need to complete her team with typings she her pokémons have to cover for: electric.

It's like hitting two emolgas with one stone.

The duo continued walking down the road to search for wild pokémons for braixen to combat with. Finally, they did. And just as when Circe was gathering energy for the FIRE BLAST, Selena noticed it was a trainer and her pokémon.

"Stop!" She called out the braixen, to the vixen's dismay.

"I'm sorry that my Circe almost hit you. She was just hungry for a pokémon battle. Are you and your pokémon hurt?"
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 22:15:30 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Circe wasn’t the only Pokemon itching for a fight. The Blast went unused, but it was too late – they’d earned the attention, and apparent ire, of a Hawlucha on the edge. The bird spread his wings wide, presumably yelling at them about watching their aim or looking for a beatddown.

Annie, having wiped her face of the initial surprise, watched in silence. Mildly amused eyes flicked from her Pokemon, to the stranger, to the stranger’s Pokemon, then back to her’s. She bent her knees, bringing herself closer to his level, so that she could place a hand atop his head and force nods out of him.

“What he means to say is that he knows that accidents happen, and it’s no problem!” Her fighter growled his disapproval, which only prompted more nods. “You’ll have to excuse Lucha Libre. He’s been cooped up for too long, and he’s just been waiting for an excuse to let loose. He’s fine. Physically.”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 0:46:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TANGROWTH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WRING OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GIGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOGEDEMARU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WILD CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNET RISE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZING ZAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 16:20:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena's smile was flavored with embassment when it was the trainer who apologized for her hawlucha's response, when it was actually her braixen's action that started it all. However, she still felt the need to beg their pardon, sensing the glaring behind Lucha Libre's forceful nod.

"No, no, it's actually my fault. Circe's way too excited for a wild battle she thought yours was a wild one." Waving her hands to the other trainer, the vixen mimicked the bird's gesture and made a courteous nod, hoping she would earn its trust.

Moving along, Selena's wondered if they had met before. She was thinking of a gathering in Slateport or an errand she ran in Rustboro. Either way, her interest to know the girl's identity was cut short when wild pokémon finally started to approach them, ready to strike.

There was a tangrowth. A vine-covered creature shimmering in white glow, earthly tendrils reaching from the ground, aiming at them. It's finally Circe's turn.

"Girl, now's the time. Block it with FIRE BLAST!"

The impact of the blast easily burned through the thick vines of the tangrowth, but Circe still needed to fend off the plant monster. "Finish it off with PSYCHIC!"

Even when it's not on its full potential, Circe's psychic powers manage to drive the gigantic creature away, but Selena did not notice the togedemaru waiting for its opportunity to strike.

"Hey, watch out!"

CIRCE (BRAIXEN) uses FIRE BLAST.
CIRCE dodged the attack.
CIRCE uses PSYCHIC.
TANGROWTH runs away (PASS.)

Waiting for Annie's turn...

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 18:05:25 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The apology seemed to ease Lucha’s tension… Somewhat. Maybe he was frowning. Maybe that was his resting face. It was often hard to tell with Pokemon. Annie seemed to think the problem was solved, at least, standing up straight again. “No worries, no worries. Surprise attacks are good for training anyway! A five-star Pokemon wouldn’t get hit anyway, right?” The luchador struck a pose, extending his arms and holding one leg in the air. His battle cry was as close to affirmation as they were going to get.

Unfortunately, it might have helped attract the wild beasts. Fortunately, Annie had been hoping they’d find a punching bag soon. The Tangrowth was toasted in short order, but that wouldn’t help them against the ball of lightning barrelling onto the scene. Selena had given the warning so Annie didn’t have to. It was a close call, but the Hawlucha managed to dive out of harm’s way.

“Ooo, that’s the one! I’ve been looking for this one for a while! Lucha Libre, don’t beat it up too bad, alright?” She armed herself with a Pokeball while her partner got to work. His little feet packed a lot of strength, throwing him into the air. When he zipped back to the ground, it was with a white glow that heralded a painful blow. Indeed, the Flying Press would knock the little hedgehog off her feet, making her a sitting duck for a Pokeball to the head.

Annie turned her attention to Selena as the ball decided her target’s fate. “I feel like I’ve kinda seen you around before, but not really. I go all over the place, so it’s hard to keep track. Anyway, I’m Annie Mei - trainer extraordinaire!”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Catching Togedemaru!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 22:56:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PACHIRISU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] NUZZLE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ZEBSTRIKA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHTNING ROD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHOCK WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[break]
ANNIE CAUGHT THE TOGEDEMARU!
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 17:48:53 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
In the end, Selena was glad Annie the trainer extraordinaire saved her from all the worries.

When the tangrowth stowed away from the braixen's sight, both Selena and her fox did not notice the ball of thunder rolling towards them at light speed. The togedemaru reminded Selena of how clumsy these creatures were and why she did not like them (or "trained" to not like them), but not Annie. Not with her extraordinary-ness.

"I'm glad it found you. Needs a very patient master."

Lucha Libre moved at such haste, its flying press totally catching the rodent by surprise. Selena wondered if she can teach Totec, her first catch in Hoenn, tricks as impressing as the other hawlucha's. Annie went back to Selena after throwing the pokéball at the disconcerted hedegehog, a clicking sound following her inquiry.

She let out a giggle before she answered.

"Funny, because I'm actually thinking the same thing." Selena raised her hands to offer a shake. "I'm Selena. I'm a traveling journalist-slash-trainer so I'm pretty all over the place, too!"

Selena would have mentioned Slateport first, but the city is big enough to even notice strangers that's why she picked an easier one.

"Let me guess: Rustboro? I saw a wanted poster for up-and-coming pokémon artists scouted by Buzz Records so maybe that's where I saw you?" Selena offered a room for mistake for Annie to point out, because she might have assumed something since the girl confirmed her surmise.

Selena thought Annie would have corrected her. Not until she saw Circe lighting again her twig against the cantering zebstrika.

"You wouldn't dare." This time, the pink haired Kalosian let Circe decide her own moves for the battle. The thunderbolt pokémon was blazing in blue when it charged down for the braixen. Circe bent its legs, building a momentum to jump over the wild pokémon's rear as it used FIRE BLAST on a short range, ushering a catastrophic defeat for the wild zebstrika.

"Okay. That was fine."

Selena smugly gave the braixen a high five, which the vixen also smugly responded by hitting her trainer's hand with the stick.

Circe handling the zebstrika problem meant for Annie and Lucha to handle the other one⁠—a pesky pachirisu.

"But you know, I think I already saw your face even before I think I met you." Selena was now confident with her answer, suggesting a deeply entrenched curiosity about the crimson-eyed girl's identity.

CIRCE dodged the attack.
CIRCE uses FIRE BLAST.
ZEBSTRIKA runs away (PASS.)

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 7:37:43 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Her bird collected the Pokeball, tossing it into Annie’s awaiting palm as she went on. “That’s not a problem! Any good trainer needs to have patience when they’re getting to know a new team member. Some of my strongest guys needed a lot of time to come around- And then there’s Lucha.”

It had been mere seconds since his duel ended, but he’d somehow managed to find a skittish squirrel to challenge. The Pachirisu was having none of it; the moment he showed his wingspan, the rodent dived into a bush and took off. Annie opened her mouth to comment, thought twice, decided that it wasn’t worth it and turned back to Selena.

“Oooo, a journalist! Nice, nice. Are you working with HNN? Or, let me guess - you’re on the lookout for an interview with Hoenn’s next champion?” One hand accepted the handshake, while the other jabbed a thumb into her chest, with a little too much force. Her eyes gave a slight wince, but she refused to acknowledge it.

“Rustboro. Yeah, I’m around there pretty often! I’m not planning to be on a record any time soon, but my Yanmega is. Maybe you caught me dropping him off, or over at the Straaaaay-hey!” She’d noticed the mount too late. The Braixen had everything under control, and the challenger was set to flee. Annie couldn’t have that.

“Lucha, scare tactics!” She pointed her masked fighter to the rapid runner. Fortunately, his small size lent itself well to Agility; one mighty Bounce sprung him into the Zebstrika’s path, where his overconfidence pose could startle the beast. The horse reared his front legs, half-startled and half-prepared to Stomp Lucha Libre, but a Pokeball bounced against his body before he got the chance.

“…Sorry. If you wanted to catch that, it’s yours, but I’ve got a thing for big and fast electric-types. They fit really well into one of the teams I’ve got going. If there’s something that you know me for, hopefully it’s for my battles.” The Hawlucha must have learned to be cocky from somebody, and with the smug edge in Annie’s voice, there were no prizes for guessing who.
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Catching Zebstrika!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 22:29:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWADLOON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRASS WHISTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] RAZOR LEAF

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD YAMPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BALL FETCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WILD CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARM

[break]
ANNIE CAUGHT THE ZEBSTRIKA!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 14:40:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The girl eventually caught the zebsrika, to the braixen's dismay. Circe wanted to be the one to defeat the zebra and not Lucha. The fox just rolled its eyes in disappointment and Selena thought what an attitude grew upon her little fennekin when it evolved.

"I'm not from HNN. I wanted to keep a low profile so I can easily slip in anywhere I want."

At least as a journalist, she thought. So when Annie poked on Selena's work as a reporter and introduced herself as the up-and-coming champion, the smug grin painted on Selena's face suggested otherwise. But she was smart to divert the conversation to not start a debate between the two fervid trainers.

"I'm not sure I know what's the Stray, but I think the recording studio sounds right. I brought my armaldo for the voice recording and it has been trying hard to get that beedrill's attention."

Beneath the tall bushes of the verdant path, a jiggle made the curious braixen to inspect. Circe hit the shrubs but was thwarted by a bite on her stick. A yamper was aggressively gnawing into the vixen's twig, defending itself.

"A yamper!" The Kalosian shrieked, her voice beaming with excitement. She only saw one once in a Galarian omnibus and immediately fell in love. She didn't realize she could find one in Hoenn.

Selena stopped Circe from attacking and cuddled the dog into her lap, the yamper's tail wagging with joy.

"You know, I've never seen one in real life until now. I always asked my parents to get me one but they wouldn't allow canines in the Desmarais household."

Selena reached to a ball in her satchel and prodded the yamper with it. "Come here buddy, you'll be our new playmate." With an addition of another teammate with a houndish built, the braixen hissed.

"You said you'll be the next champion of Hoenn. Have you already taken on the gym challenge?"

SELENA befriends YAMPER.
SELENA throws POKÉBALL (CATCH).

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 22:00:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The Braixen’s disappointment seemed to go largely unnoticed by Annie, mostly because she was eyeing her newest filled capsule. She slipped the ball into her pocket as she went on. “Independent! Even better!” There was a glint in the girl’s eye as she observed, and perhaps admired, the woman. “You’re not held back by corporate… things. You’re free to look into whatever you like, even if that gets you into way too much trouble. Of course, then you have to get yourself out of the trouble… But that’s part of the adventure!” Hesitation barely showed itself for more than a second at the thought of risk. No doubt, she flirted with danger more often than she should have.

She might have continued, if not for the sight of everybody’s favourite dog Pokemon. The girl’s quiet cooing drew Lucha Libre’s attention for a second, away from an apparent bush he’d been trying to scare into submission. It wasn’t until Annie took a second glance that she realised there was a Pokemon hiding within – half her bird’s size, but attempting to compensate by stretching her leaves out. It was a battle of the wingspans, and with a chuckle, Annie quickly realised that it would fall to her to break the stalemate.

“I remember that everybody went crazy over them just after they were allowed into Hoenn. Heck, there’s probably still a lot of love for them now. A good addition to any team.” And yet, she was barely even glancing at the pup. Instead, she stepped between her wrestler and his rival, lowering herself as close to her level as her bent knees would allow. “Now, now, folks. You can both glare at each other all day, or you can fight, or you both come with me and get some food later!” Food was a great motivator, as Annie could attest, but she hadn’t expected the Swadloon to shuffle out of the bushes that easily. Still, for her trustworthiness, the bug earned a little berry to munch on, and then a Pokeball as her new home once it was done.

“Easy peasy,” Annie muttered to herself. By the time she turned back to Selena, they were both one Pokemon richer. “Taken the gym challenge? More like finished it! I’ve got half the region’s badges. It won’t be long now before I’m taking on the Elite Four – and winning.” There was no shortage of self-satisfaction in her voice, but if she was telling the truth, then she’d probably earned it. “Safe to say, I know my stuff. When it comes to battling, at least. Some other stuff, not so much, but I’ve still got time to learn. Hey!” She snapped her fingers, as if suddenly remembering that she was having a conversation. “Is that why you’re a journalist? To go around and learn? Not a bad reason to take up a job, if I do say so myself.”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Catching Swadloon!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 1:49:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TREECKO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENERGY BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CACNEA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAYBACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENERGY BALL

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 14:21:41 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Tree-cko. Tree-cko.

Annie did not waste her time while Selena's wooing the yamper; she caught herself a pokémon as well. A swadloon, that is.

She would have want to respond to the girl's comment about her work but the Kalosian could not bring herself to. After all, none of which the crimson-eyed trainer said was entirely true. Partially, at the least.

She did not need to be a corporate slave because she's already the corporate—the Desmarais name oozing with so much prestige and fame anyone would have hired her the moment she showed interest.

Not for her skills. Not for what she could do. But for being a Desmarais.

And yet her parents still disapprove of her being a reporter.

Selena tried to ignore the bitter pang of disappointment that was puncturing her chest, but the wry smile she returned to Annie, if she would have noticed, was indicative of her true feelings.

Tree-cko. Tree-cko.

"All I can say is that the life of a journalist is always mangled with danger." The pink haired lady collected yamper's new home into her bag, which by then she turned to Annie and flashed on a smile as she humored. "So why limit all the possibilities of fun adventure when you can have more! You only live once! Carpe diem, right? You got me?"

Selena observed Annie as she boasted her triumph on the gym challange. She should have noticed: if not for a kit where her gym badges are meticulously organized, maybe at least on her outfit or as an accessory. But she surely got all that she needed to take on the Elite Four challenge and win it. That is, for Selena, hardwork and dedication.

"Well, Annie, color me impressed."

This girl will reach places. Selena would be glad to be a part of her colorful adventure. But that she ought not to speak out loud.

Tree-cko. Tree-cko.

"Don't pressure yourself, girl. You're just, what, sixteen? Seventeen? That's what adults are for." Selena finally spotted the treecko—possibly the one she's been hearing since then—clutchig on a tree trunk, which made her momentarily stop taking. She eyed Circe to continue training, the dissastisfaction of idleness washing off of her face as she barraged the gecko with FIRE BLAST. A thud from a thrown pokéball was later heard from where the two trainers are chatting, signifying a catch, possibly from Circe, if that was even allowed.

Annie would not let her interest from her job swerve completely from the discussion and Selena came to accept the facts that she just needed to let herself be open to at least one other person.

"It's a nice way of putting it, but... it's a yes and a no. I needed to get away from my parents or else I wouldn't be able to discover what I've been missing my entire life. I haven't learn a thing about this world not until I became a journalist. Not until I do the thing I love the most in spite of my parent's wishes.

"But I do learn a lot. Being able to fulfill both my passion as a journalist and as a trainer is a privilge I don't mind paying others back. Being able to see the truth behinds 'truths' is a job worth millions of pokédollars to me. Worth millions than I will ever make if I chose to stay in Kalos and manage our winery business."

CIRCE uses FIRE BLAST.
SELENA throws POKÉBALL (CATCH).

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 21:43:23 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie took the opportunity to scoop her partner into her arms; Libre grumbled, but wasn’t bothered enough to try and escape. “Yep-yep, that’s the way I try to live my life! Every day’s some sort of new adventure, if only you go out and find it. That’s how I’ve ended up with one, two…” She whispered the next few numbers. “Eighty Pokemon! Maybe more now. Each of them special and strong in their own way, just like me.”

It was no surprise that the woman hadn’t known of Annie’s deeds. She was more than happy to speak of them, but nothing in her appearance would suggest that she was nearing the level of Hoenn’s elite trainers. Her size and age were obvious points against her, and her tracksuit was unassuming at best.

“Anyway, I’m juuuust about sixteen, yeah, but that’s no excuse to keep still!”
She paused for a moment, eyes flickering to the rush of flames. The hesitation briefly showed on her face, easily missed thanks to the battle. “I haven’t had an easy time, getting to where I am. Don’t get me wrong, I’m over it, but it taught me how to work hard. I don’t think I can ever keep still again, after spending so long fighting to keep me and my guys safe. Doing nothing would just feel weird, you know? Like I’m wasting away.”

In turn, the woman revealed a little of her past. She spoke of things Annie couldn’t quite relate to. Wealth. Parents. Privilege. A twitch of a frown showed itself on her face, but of course, it wouldn’t last. “Well, that’s the most important thing, right? That you’re doing something that you love with all your heart. You sure do sound passionate about it, at least. Which begs the question…”

She shuffled closer to the woman, eyes wide with curiosity. “What truth behind truth have you discovered in Hoenn?”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Passing!!
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 22:22:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELLOSSOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PETAL BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRASSY TERRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOSSIFLEUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING

[break]
SELENA CAUGHT THE TREECKO!