passing the flame [closed]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 20:47:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He stands before Lavaridge’s Gym – his expression, calm and his heartbeat, steady. With the Gym Leader moving on to a better, pasteurized position as an Elite Four member, a hole has been left in place with someone needing to fill her shoes. While he doesn’t have too much experience in guiding and teaching others, he at least is a very competent trainer and his checkered past has given him more experience than most.

Without any hesitation, he steps into the gym, looking around at its more barren appearance. It’s not too surprising. ”Excuse me.” he says in a bland tone. ”I’m here to talk to Stormy Silph about taking over her old position.”

Thinking about it now, he didn’t really have any opposition from the League. They seemed to have taken his position as a Ranger into consideration and figured he might be able to handle the pressure of handling a gym. Even his prospective team and theme seemed to work well. To be frank, it’s odd considering he’s not native to Hoenn, but at this point there’s nothing to complain about. His visit here is just a formality.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 19:18:28 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy appears around a corner rapidly, her footsteps carrying her with fleet-footed enthusiasm. There was much to be done and many people to be seen. Generally, the League and council handled affairs such as these - affairs such as passing the torch onto new trainers. But with Dahlia still recovering and the League being busy in general, she had offered to handle it herself.[break][break]

What she was not expecting, however, was for someone to step up so quickly. Or at least, not so abruptly. She nearly collides into the man in her hurry. It seemed she was distracted and hadn't even noticed him or heard him.[break][break]

"Oh! My apologies, Kenichiro. I didn't notice you."[break][break]

She scratches the back of her head awkwardly, offering the young man a smile as she takes a step back to give him some space. It's only then that she really latches onto what he had said.[break][break]

"Wait, what? You? My gym? Really?"[break][break]

Her enthusiasm could be misunderstood as disbelief or surprise - not the vibe she had intended. The woman ponders the thought for a moment, looking him up and down. She'd worked with him for most, if not all, of her ranger career. She had known him a long time and was well aware of his abilities. He was trustworthy and strong, so she wasn't sure why she was so surprised.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]