awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Supplying the Junk Shop [mission/open]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 15:02:28 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Hunting pokémons is not new to Valerio. He even slayed tons of them to prove his worth. That is why scourging for steel-types do not scare him, especially if it is dragons that he is accustomed to kill.

He is even a perfect fit for the job. His bosses, a few rocket associates, require grunts like him to search for metals and steel for the construction of another headquarters. They would not bother asking him though since it might be a work less than him. Valerio decided to take it anyway. In exchange for a few greens, he got to do something that did not feel like work to him.

Faring his trusty drampa, Genesis, the rocket grunt went all his way to the Mauville City powerplant to perform his task. He knew it was the best location for hunting magnemites. Its properties are essential to the rocket bosses, he had been told, and he did not bother to ask why.

Nearing the clearing in-front of the entrance, the drampa slowed down as it prepared to land the area. Valerio patted his head before going down. He looked at his pokénav's time gear and patiently waited for his partner to arrive.

GENESIS (DRAMPA) is idle.
@
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 16:23:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

As an agent of Rocket who primarily utilized steel-types, it hadn't taken any convincing at all for Gavin to go on the hunt for others to be turned into scrap metal. He could capture any useful ones, and as for the others... their uselessness would be rectified in the forge when they were melted down for Rocket's greater good.[break][break]

He is no grunt digging up scraps without knowledge: he fully understands the importance of his mission.[break][break]

The silvered steel feathers of his Corviknight catch the fading sun as they swoop in for a landing; it appears that the other man had already arrived on back of his dragon. Corviknight circles the area until it finds a suitable place to land, its sharp talons sinking into the earth beneath its weight.[break][break]

Gavin slips from the back of his mount and gives Valerio a nod. Having no idea that they'd become acquainted in a video game of all places, he treats him with the cool courtesy he affords all Rockets he doesn't know.[break][break]

"Have you scouted the inside, or have you only just arrived?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 18:58:13 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Seeing the second man arrive, Valerio returned a quick smile at his courtesy, and then there was a flush of red. He knew he looked familiar because he knew the faces of his boys. But he did not want to scare him just yet. He came there for the job, and the job will be performed.

"Man, I just got here as well."

There was a hint of excitement at his voice which he tried so hard to control. He retrieved a sphere from his bag and clicked it on Genesis's neck. The drampa glowed red and got absorbed into pokéball, just as he threw a different one to release drakloak.

"I figured the 'mons will be disturbed if I bring in Genesis in there." Valerio defended his actions. Not that he needed to. "My drampa, I mean."

The sea breeze blew cold despite of the afternoon sky, the sun still far from the outline of Mt. Chimney. Valerio sneaked his hands into his pockets, trying to be warm. Jobs like this, it will usually take just an hour. But with the presence of the other man, he wanted it to last a little longer.

"So... should we head in now?"

DARTY (DRAKLOAK) is idle.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 20:21:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Valerio seems thrilled about something, but Gavin's thoughts are too focused on the job at hand to analyze what that might be.[break][break]

He turns his attention from the entrance of New Mauville back to Valerio as he justifies his actions, offering a nod to show he understood and accepted the reasoning. He hadn't asked for one, but it made sense.[break][break]

Red light consumes the glittering steel bird and releases a much smaller Pokemon in its wake. Gavin's Lucario is his oldest and most loyal partner, standing at silent attention as he waits for his master's orders. Gavin gestures for the Pokemon to take point, then follows through the entrance of the plant. The hum of generators is quick to become background noise, interspersed with the occasional Pokemon's cry.[break][break]

"If anyone else gets involved, my name is Patrick Cavalli."[break][break]

His footsteps echo upon entrance into a larger room. It's big enough that he could send out his Steelix if he so chose, but Lucario would do the job for now. A cursory scan of the room reveals only Pokemon, no other trainers, and so he sets his Pokemon to work dispatches the steel-types for capture and transport.
[break][break]
"What should I call you?"[break][break]

He knows his name — Valerio Dachev, Kantonian transfer — but little else about the man, including what aliases he might favour.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 4:21:46 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Patrick. That suits him well, with the type to wear glasses and look cool and all. But he wanted to know more about him and he knew Patrick is just a superficial character he created to disguise himself from the morality of the league society.

"But what's your real name? Is it Joshua? Vincent?" He was careful not to mention manofsteal yet. "Me? I'm going for 'Jonathan'. But I'm not really sure yet. Should I go for Edward? I think Lean also sounds cool. Not too masculine but not to feminine either."

Valerio followed the man and his lucario, his drakloak tailing them from behind. The aura pokémon started hacking a few steel-types in which Darty eagerly helped as well. His THUNDER WAVE was sufficient in immobilizing magnemites and magnetons in the area.

"But the real question here is not about whether we have false identity to show or not. If a league officer sees us in this powerplant, I wonder what our excuse might be."

DARTY (DRAKLOAK) uses THUNDER WAVE.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 12:56:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

His real name. A loaded question. The only ones who truly know the answer are and ; the latter only in the interest of full disclosure upon rising in the ranks of the organization, and the former a result of careful risk-taking. The others in Obscura would perhaps know him as Cillian in time, but for now, to the rest of the world...[break][break]

"Gavin," he replies easily, for he's been using the alias long enough to almost fully identify with it. "As for an alias, you're going to want something easy to remember, something you know you'll respond to if you're called by it. Picking an interesting name is all well and good, so long as you'll react appropriately."[break][break]

It's the reason that all of his aliases have subtle relations to things in his life, instead of having been pulled entirely out of the blue. He leaves this detail unspoken.[break][break]

At Valerio's next words, Gavin pulls out his league ID card. Patrick Cavalli. The unsmiling figure in the photo is absent of his glasses, but otherwise identical to the man holding the card. It was a very, very expensive fake.[break][break]

"I've been challenging the league. I specialize in steel-types. I spend time here to train. What's your excuse?"[break][break]

Lucario brings down a Magnezone, and Gavin lets out a satisfied hum before tossing a pokeball at the creature.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 8:37:10 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

The name Gavin echoed inside Valerio's mind as if it was something he has heard before but cannot remember from where. Nevertheless, he thought it was a pretty name for a pretty boy like him.

"That sounds better.He offered a hand as he tell Gavin his real name, not knowing the other guy already knew it. "I'm Valerio, by the way. Not that you asked, but I just figured you might be interested."

He flashed a smile and winked even though it may went unnoticed. Valerio saw how his companion's lucario brought down a magnezone itself. His Darty would not submit. The older man went looking for his dragon just as it approached them from the dark-side of the room, pieces of klinklang on his mouth. If the rocket was looking for scrap metals, they would probably need gears too. Smart move.

"Hmmm, let's see. I'm a man approaching 40... so I could pass as a guy working here in New Mauville. I am Celio the Electric Engineer. Can I say the Mauville Gym Leader made me ran an errand for her? It doesn't sound so bad, right?"

DARTY (DRAKLOAK) uses BITE.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 10:48:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Valerio offers a hand and a name, and Gavin shakes it. His grip is firm and brusque, accompanied by a nod.[break][break]

"I knew," he admits, a quiet smirk tugging the edge of his lips. "Perhaps I should have prefaced with that, Mr. Dachev."[break][break]

He returns the wink, calling the man by his surname to prove that he wasn't simply playing ignorant to avoid an admission of rudeness.[break][break]

Their Pokemon prove more than able to dispatch the wild Pokemon, leaving the two men free to discuss their alibis. Gavin thinks that Valerio has a good idea in mind, though he frowns slightly at the end. "Hm, I'd be careful of that. We're not far from Mauville, it would be simple for them to check with Miss Alfric. Perhaps you could say you were hired by a private contractor. I'm certain our organization could find a way to cover those bases if they were to look into it."[break][break]

He winces as something screeches from inside the plant, his Lucario retaliating with an equally-grating metal sound.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 13:44:13 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Gavin addressed Valerio by his surname, which technically meant nothing except for the man taking certain interest to the Galarian's background, making him giggle a little. Or perhaps because he's climbing the food chain of rocket leadership. Which reminds him.

"Ah!" Valerio shrieked. "That's why it sounded familiar. Gavin Merlino, the new underboss."

The man poked Gavin's chin so gently as he was teasing him. Being an underboss is nice. Valerio himself wanted to position before when he was still serving and his predecessor. But after everything that happened, with all the trauma he had to endure, there had been a shift in his priorities. He wanted to live a simple life with a simple name among his people.

At least for now.

"Aaand I think we're done!" The drakloak was bagging the rundown metal plates and gears it snatched off from various pokémons from the dungeon. The drampa will be the one to carry it to the headquarters anyway. Valerio took Darty's place and began tying the bag.

"I was just kidding. I'm a master of disguise myself, Gavin. Years of experience taught me that men with imposing authority are difficult to be questioned." Valerio paused, he lifted the tons of metal with one hand and put them on his back, before continuing with another playful grin and another wink at the end. "You may not havee seen it yet but I'm a man of certainn authority as well."

He nodded back to the exit of the powerplant, walked towards the clearing upon the structure's entrance before returning his drakloak to its ball and summoning a familiar figure. His drampa, Genesis. He hopped on, leaving the bag of steel at the hands of his dragon and prepared to leave Gavin with his parting words.

"The first time I met you, I sensed a man with high ambition and is not afraid to take the difficult road to achieve it. And I admire that about you." He prompted drampa to lift, afterwards, shouting. "Nice working with you, manofsteal. Let's see each other again. In Ransei or in the headquarters, anywhere you like."

GENESIS (DRAMPA) is idle.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 13:57:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Not expecting the intimacy of close contact — most wouldn't be so bold with the brooding scientist — Gavin blinks at Valerio, mildly taken aback. There's no hint of affront in his expression, merely a confusion that quickly dissipates as he recovers.[break][break]

"My reputation precedes me," he remarks, a smug satisfaction settling in his gut. It's about time. "I'm surprised a veteran such as yourself isn't jockeying for such a position. From what I'd heard, you'd be well-suited to it."[break][break]

They're both of old Rocket, and Valerio had participated in the Kantonian takeover. He had more seniority than most. But, Gavin supposed, not everyone was possessed of the same fire and ambition that fueled his endeavours. Valerio acknowledges such drive, flattering him with admiration. The scientist cranes his neck slightly as the Drampa takes flight, ears straining to catch Valerio's parting words as the wind threatens to steal them away.
[break][break]
There's no mistaking a certain IGN.[break][break]

No wonder he looked familiar. Though he appeared younger in game, the connection was unmistakable once made. He huffs a laugh under his breath. Small world.[break][break]

Raising his voice to be heard over the wind, he offers a curt nod calls back, "See you around!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 21:39:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free steel-type move.
[break]