4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 4:21:03 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

Out from the maze of brambles and meticulously trimmed shrubbery emerged her next challenger: a raven-haired young man dressed in polished black shoes, slacks, and a striped yellow shirt with black tie. A rather indifferent expression graced his otherwise chiseled features as he sauntered towards the marker designating the challenger's side of the arena. Though his hands had been tucked away into his pockets upon entering, he removed them and placed one upon his chest as he came to a stop, issuing a polite bow to the gym's leader.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Cait Alfric." He spoke, his perfectly enunciated voice smooth to the ears. "My name is Remiel Calcifet." Breaking his bow and straightening in posture, he opened his every analytical blue-grey eyes again as he gauged his opponent from afar. She seemed far more refined than the others.

Just when one might have expected him to reach towards his belt for one of the luxury balls there, however, a pair of twin swords flew out from behind him. They subsequently danced in the air in a perfectly choreographed pirouette and display of precision. One that, before long, ended with the two clashing back together again and forming an 'X' in front of their master... or, in this peculiar case, their descendant.

"They say there is much to be learned about a trainer during the clash of a battle... if so, then I am eager to see what I learn of you."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 8:46:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait blinked in response to the stranger's polished introduction, the handsome-faced fellow carrying himself upon the battlefield with an air of confidence about him. she was admittedly taken in by him at a glance, the curve of her lips betraying her pleasure. 

"i see," she drawled, her gaze sweeping across his form. "
it's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance, mister calcefit."

before her appeared to be a pokemon, the creature supporting itself by making use of its steel feet - and the three tendrils which sprouted from its prickly exterior. it was curiously still, its yellow-eyed gaze betraying nothing as it settled upon the man and his steel-type counter. 

"
the rules are simple," she continued. "this will be a one on one. the last pokemon standing will determine the winner. you are very welcome to begin."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 1:03:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

Her accent was certainly unique. Unlike anything he had heard before, in fact. It was rather... charming. As she stated the terms of their bout, however, he diverted his attention away from wondering where she hailed from and towards the battle soon to begin. With a slight bow, he replied. "You are too kind." When he arose from that fleeting bow and opened his blue-grey eyes once more, they were filled with a sort of cold determination that wasn't there seconds earlier. He loosened the tie around his neck before casting a gesture forward. 

"Taliyah, steel yourself."

He ordered, watching as the pair of twin blades danced upwards into the sky and firmly clashed back together into a 'X' shape, though this time surrounded by luminous and fleeting green aura1. Despite being invited to begin, Remiel was far more cautious a trainer than most people believed him to be. But he also knew (or hoped he knew, anyway) when the time was right to loosen his grip around that caution and strike. With the battle only just beginning. he found it in his best interest to see a little of what her Ferrothorn could do before acting.

1 Taliyah used Iron Defense! (+2 DEF)
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 13:36:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
they would bash steel against steel - each pokemon's defensive potential put to the test. cait pondered over her likelihood of coming out victorious against the sentient blades, somewhat relieved her ferrothorn wouldn't have to bash herself against the shield of a aegislash. 

"i haven't had the pleasure of facing off against a doublade," she admitted, an almost bashful air about her. "
i'm curious to see how i fair."

yet there was something present within her southern drawl, an underlying excitement at the prospect of observing the two pokemon duke it out. 

"flash cannon.

ferrothorn radiated with energy, its manifestation collecting at a single source where you'd perceive her mouth to be before it was promptly launched in a great burst of power.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 0:11:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

As the opposing durian plant gathered a mass of metallic power at its front, Remiel prompted his ancestor to glide towards it and make use of what little time they had to close the distance. And the twin blades certainly did, flying through the sky side-by-side with their ribbons trailing behind them like kites. Though swift and agile, however, perhaps it was their ability (or even Taliyah's excessively proud attitude) that made them susceptible to a head-on strike from the enemy's Flash Cannon1.

The attack was strong enough to stop them in their tracks, of course, but they were otherwise mostly unscathed and began to fly around the Ferrothorn in circles— like birds trapping prey. "Our battle is one that has taken place countless times in history... a test of offense against defense. Though it seems our pokémon have switched their evolutionary given roles... for the time being." He added, noting the Ferrothorn's immediate attack and his own predilection for Taliyah's caution and defense.

"Iron Defense." He calmly commanded, blue-grey eyes analyzing the opposing trainer and pokémon as the Doublade whipped back into formation and formed another defense-boosting 'X' with a sharp clang2.

1 Taliyah is hit by Flash Cannon! It's not very effective!

V42JpSOJ

1-10: SP. DEF lowered by 1! 11-100: No Effect

2 Taliyah used Iron Defense! (+2 DEF)
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 19:03:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
her ferrothorn wavered slightly upon her appendages in the face of the steel-type's defensive potential. it was a rare show of emotion by the expressionless creature, the small movement indicating that she was either irritated or greatly impressed by the display. but she made no attempt to face the floating creature, her largely immobile state preventing her from easily rearranging herself. 

'we'll just have to make up for that lack of mobility.'

"power whip, ferrothorn."

that yellowed gaze flashed for only a moment, two of the multiple barbs that poked out of her shell extending themselves into glowing tendrils, each vine flexible and capable of serving as makeshift limbs. they stretched themselves out and toward the sentient blades, attempting to grasp at their respective hilts and slam them into the rough stone of the arena floor.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 14, 2020 1:07:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Dropping out of formation, the sentient twin blades attempted to go in opposite directions and evade the incoming vines while continuing to encircle their foe. Unfortunately, these tendrils proved to be far faster than the Doublade had predicted, and both blades were grabbed at their hilts and slammed down sideways onto the rough stone below with thunderous clangs1. Their boosted defense and resistance certainly softened the blow, but the eyes upon the swords visibly blinked in a daze that was equal parts shock and confusion.

"Not bad," Remiel spoke, narrowing his eyes at the scene unfolding before them. "Taliyah, once more." He then added, predicting another heavy blow from the Ferrothorn but seeing no better alternative than to brace for it... for now. His pokémon complied. Despite being in the clutches of their enemy, their eyes glowed green as the metallic sheen on their blades intensified2. Fortified, perhaps as far as they could go, the Doublade trembled with raw excitement at their next command.

In all her ancient life, and perhaps the very reason she was slain, Taliyah Calcifet had never been to focus on the defensive. She much preferred the offensive. And, to be frank, she doubted her descendant was making the best play here... but she had more faith than not.

1 Taliyah is hit by Power Whip! It's not very effective!
2 Taliyah used Iron Defense! (+2 DEF)
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON May 27, 2020 2:39:28 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait understood the decision behind the utilization of iron defense. it was by no means excessive, each successive execution making it harder for her ferrothorn to chip away at the pokemon's defenses. it was a shame her pokemon wasn't equipped with a skill to properly counter the clever tactic, but she was entirely at fault for her dual-type's lack of utility. 

'i suppose i can only learn from my mistakes.' 

isn't that what this was? a learning experience for the both of them? ever since she had taken up the mantle of gym leader she had been put through the wringer multiple times over. cait had been forced to confront her own weakness - each trainer someone she could learn from. 

'it helps that he's a handsome fellow,' she thought, smirking. 

"i suppose we'll do the same, ferrothorn."

she decided to play his game, a playful air about her as she commanded her pokemon.

"iron defense!

the pokemon trembled, a metallic sheen covering her as she strengthened her defenses. 

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 18:26:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

With Taliyah still in the Ferrothorn's clutches, the situation would seem dire to most. Especially as it executed an Iron Defense of its own, bracing itself for an attack its captured opponent would no doubt try to attempt. That playful air that surrounded the gym leader did little to fool Remiel. She had plans of her own, surely. But what she didn't know yet was that she'd fallen right into one of his own. "Taliyah, grab hold."

Both eyes glowed as the long pink sashes on each of their respective blades suddenly wrapped around the very vines that had seized their hilts. Now locked into a 'handshake' of sorts, the two blades intend to hold steadfast against any resistance as their sashes remain tightly wrapped around the Ferrothorn's limbs. They brim with an ephemeral pink aura. Perhaps, Remiel surmises, their natural ability to drain the strength out of anything they've wrapped around is aiding their endeavor. Though it isn't what he's counting on. 

"Power Trick." He firmly commands, prompting each blade to suddenly flash... before their eyes change from pink to an ominous shade of red. The ghostly laughter of a woman echoes faintly throughout the arena1.

Taliyah Calcifet has been waiting far too long for this.

1 Taliyah used Power Trick! Defense boosts have been swapped into attack!
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2020 16:57:51 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"power trick?

cait muttered the words, her neatly groomed brows becoming knitted as she frantically searched recent memory.

'it's at the tip of my tongue.'

but just out of reach. 

'all i know is this probably isn't good.' 

her ferrothorn uselessly tugged at her vines, a hint of irritation flashing within her dull, yellowed gaze. she was unable to free herself from the ghost's grasp, meaning they had likely erred - and terribly. 

'we don't know what's going to happen. so we need to play it safe.'  

"iron defense!"

it was another bolstering of defense and she hoped it would be enough to offer her ferrothorn a chance against whatever was to come.  

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 22:53:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

The Ferrothorn bolstered its defenses yet again, though Remiel's Honedge seemed far too amused by the act than it was worried. Brimming with a hot red aura, the blades were quick, and quite eager, to issue their black-haired prince's next command: "Sacred Sword." 

The act was promptly carried out on two sides, keeping themselves tethered to the Ferrothorn's vines as they swung their other halves towards it simultaneously. With a mystical force that honed the edges of their blades, their attack would slice through the outer layer's of the Ferrothorn's external defenses with ease1. Assuming, of course, that they managed to connect to begin with.

Schlink!

Should the Sacred Sword have connected, their coordinated slashes would have formed an 'X'. Alongside their incredibly boosted attack and the natural type advantage of the strange attack, Remiel hopes this will bring a quick and decisive end to the battle...

1 Taliyah used Sacred Sword! The target's stat changes don't affect this attack's damage! It's super effective!
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 22:29:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
both cait and her steel-type counterpart appeared visibly alarmed by what was to come. and due to her lack of mobility, coupled by being partially locked into her foe's embrace, she was unable to utilize her own vines for a block. the sacred sword struck with a potent clang, the noise reaching the far ends of her mistress's personal forest. it caused its inhabitants to stir if not raise their hands, those whom were present to witness the battle exchanging glances or simply staring.

the battle had been drastically cut short, the amount of preparation allowing for her foe to strengthen themselves dramatically within a brief window of time. her ferrothorn had been defenseless, her vines unable to support her weight as her consciousness abruptly fled in the attack's wake. 

"
gods," cait breathed. 

cait moved forward, closing the distance between herself and her injured ferrothorn. she knelt at the creatures side, minding her thorns as she checked the length of seared metal. she flinched away as her fingers brush by, a terrible heat originating from the injury.

"
you did your best, baby girl.

she minded the wound and subtly applied a healing touch to soothe away the pain as her eyes flashed a vibrant green. her pokemon stirred lightly, eyes going from blank and unaware to regaining a bit of their previous shine. 

"
there we are.

cait raised her head and met ramiel's gaze, a hint of a smile remaining upon her painted lips.

"
looks like you've won.

her ferrothorn rose, releasing disgruntled noises typical of her kind as she did so. 

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 12:28:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Rosy pink sashes loosen before eventually slipping away altogether, releasing the thick vines of the opponent they had succeeded in rendering powerless. With coordinated and almost ethereal motions, the twin blades guide themselves back into their scabbards. They glide away as the gym leader moves forward to tend to her partner.

Not appearing overjoyed, but having enjoyed the battle nonetheless, the black-haired royal makes way to close the gap between himself and Cait. It is during this brief journey that he spots her little miracle from afar. The damage Taliyah had dealt is, mostly, undone.

How interesting.

He comes to a stop just a few feet away from her, acknowledging her next comment with a slight, but respectful, bow of his head. "It was truly an honor, my lady. Given a rematch, I am certain the victory would be yours instead." The Doublade hovers down from the sky, stopping just a meter above his right shoulder. Their unblinking eyes remain fixed on the Ferrothorn— almost as if they crave this 'rematch'.

The descendant, in the meantime, raises his head once more before continuing. "If it interests you, perhaps you could grace me with your company during a spot of tea? I find that a nice tête-à-tête after such a riveting battle can be quite illuminating for both parties involved." The prince suggests.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
verdoier [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 13:36:41 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she finds herself charmed by his gentleman's demeanor and eloquent pattern of speech, remiel carrying himself with a sort of refined dignity that snags her focus. 

"
i'd like that."

there is a twinkle in her eye, that desire for company ever present within the young female. and her challenger had even been kind enough to propose the arrangement, the promise of tea and good conversation on the horizon.

"
but first -

cait reached toward the pocket of her denim trousers, producing a metallic object that matched the coloration of her eyes. she'd stand and gently press it into his hand,  her heavily freckled facial features brightening by a noticeable margin.

"
your badge," she said. "you most definitely deserve it."

https://i.ibb.co/mv4nqyy/meadow-badge.png