black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2020 18:54:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The mention of a sanctuary makes her heart ache, a sudden and uncomfortable reminder of someone she cared deeply for. Someone that she had pushed away as she had everyone who had cared for her, loved her. Perhaps she did need to change. [break][break]

Her ambition, her desperation to forgive herself despite being unwilling to do just that had cost her countless friendships. It had cost her more than that.[break][break]

How could she possibly expect Alexander to commit if she couldn't even commit to him? It had always been about her.[break][break]

"I want to make it right."[break][break]

Saying it out loud feels like a weight has been lifted off of her chest. She focuses on the Lycanroc and she takes a deep breath.[break][break]

"I just.. I can't stop fighting, I'm afraid of not being enough. I need to be better. You and everyone I care about deserve better."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: wooloo who cry wolf

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 4:50:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"but you are enough."

her insecurities have always been clear to him. it explains her actions in the past and though it might not justify them, it does at least make him understand. it pains him to admit that he wasn't there for her in the past few months. but like her, he'll change. he's back now and he'll make sure to be there for her. always.  

"you don't have to stop fighting. just pick your battles." 

a soft whimper comes from inside the cage which draws his attention away. he turns and lowers himself to a knee to be level with one of the approaching lycanroc. it growls at him out of pure instinct, its blue eyes a shade lighter in the sun.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 6:25:34 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy dips her head and sighs at his words. She's heard him say this a thousand times and despite how much she wants to believe it, how much she knows he's probably right, she's lost.[break][break]

"You say that and yet look where I am, Alex. I've let down everyone who's ever cared about me, everyone I've ever cared about. You tell me that I'm good enough but you walked away from me."[break][break]

She exhales softly. There's no bite to her words because she's tired of arguing because she knows his response will be placid or indifferent or flat. He's always so calm and blank and she's a wildfire.[break][break]

The whimper from the cage draws her attention and she feels guilt for keeping them locked up. But the indecision on whether she wants to let them go free, to suffer again because she can't stop the change in their habitat puts her at a crossroads.[break][break]

"I don't know what to do."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 13:52:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it's not about you. he wants to say it, wants to let her know that she had nothing to do with why he left. but he decides against it, knowing that he'd only be adding fuel to the fire, more so than he has already done.

"i can take them." 

it's definitely not ideal but it's something he's willing to do for her. "i keep some of my pokemon on my parent's estate just outside of rustboro. it'll take some adjusting, but i'm sure they'd fit right in." adjusting and training more like, but he keeps that part to himself. he finally tears his gaze away from the one lycanroc that approached him. 

"does that sound okay with you?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 14:23:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She sighs because there was a type when her bleeding heart knew no bounds. It had already occurred to her to take them herself, but she knew it was an impossible task. She had enough on her plate as it was juggling four young Charmander let alone taking extra time out of her day to make sure the Lycanroc on her property or in this 'sanctuary' he had suggested were still doing okay.[break][break]

And while dumping that responsibility on someone else sounded good, she couldn't follow through with it. [break][break]

With an exasperated groan she tilts her head back and runs her fingers through her hair to ground herself before she meets his gaze. Stormy shakes her head and exhales.[break][break]

"No, I can't ask that of you. They aren't your responsibility and they aren't even my own. I'll leave them here, where they belong and... I'll just have to make do with that."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 14:44:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her exasperated groan is telling. he purses his lips and lowers his gaze, not out of disappointment but perhaps surprise. he had expected her to jump at his idea and accept it without hesitation, but the fact that she didn't, the fact that she said no, shows that she's grown.

"okay." 

this is still her mission and so it is her call to make. he stands back up and takes a step away from the cage. he's done his part. setting them free is something she has to do on her own.

he returns to viphi and runs a hand along her scales, comforting her as he adjusts the straps around her neck. she purrs softly as her muscles relax. he watches stormy out of the corner of his eye.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 14:53:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

His response does not disappoint her but rather sets her decision in stone. He steps aside and she approaches the cage, gazes upon the sleepy Lycanroc who's ribs show. She can see the fear in their eyes, the uncertainty. [break][break]

But she takes a deep breath and waves for Wadjet and Alex and Viphi to back off as she unlatches the cage and pulls it open, placing the metal bars of the door between her and the pack. [break][break]

They eat up distance immediately, disappearing into the trees and shrubbery and rocky terrain. Her hands shake as she closes the door behind them.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 16:03:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
there is no worry in him even as he hears the cage doors click unlock. he holds his ground by viphi and watch as the pack of lycanroc scatter into and disappear into the trees. a part of him can't help but wonder how long they have left to survive out there. it's a dark thought he sets aside.

"you did the right thing, stormy." 

it might be hard to see it now but he knows it'll be clear in the long run. or at least that's what he hopes. 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 16:58:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Her gaze follows the bushy tails as they disappear. Their panicked pants fade and she feels the familiar squeeze in her chest that makes her feel nauseous. Despite Alexander's words of reassurance, she doesn't feel the same. [break][break]

Quietly, Stormy returns to Wadjet's side to reattach the cage to her harness. There's no further use for it so she plans on returning it to whoever she had borrowed it from in Lavaridge. [break][break]

She glances at Alex but her gaze is guarded.[break][break]

"I have to return this to Lavaridge. You don't have to help carry it if you'd rather get out of here."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 17:25:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the mission is done and now all that's left to do is to return the cage. she gives him the option of not helping and while her guarded gaze makes her difficult to read, he knows not helping would only hinder the progress they've made today to rebuild the bridge. so he shakes his head.

"lavaridge it is."

he mounts his flygon with relative ease and looks to her once he's comfortable enough. "oh. a friend's lycanroc ran away and she asked me to help track him down. that's why i was out here." he figures he owed her an explanation given as how he didn't really give a clear one. viphi takes a moment to stretch her wings out wide again before nodding.

"we're ready."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2020 1:25:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She's not sure why, but she's surprised to hear him agree to come with her. Swallowing the feeling the bubbles up as a result of his choice, she mounts Wadjet and settles against her warm scales. The dragon rumbles underneath her, tilting her cheek to face her curiously.[break][break]

And then Alexander voices his reasons behind showing up in the first place and Stormy dips her head slightly. She worries about his intent for telling her what he had been up to, that he felt like he had to.[break][break]

"You don't have to tell me your business, Alex. It's fine."[break][break]

She waits until he's ready and then they push off the ground together, lifting the cage with ease now that it's empty.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
black sheep [m]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2020 21:34:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,[break]and applicable livestock pkmn (indicate in site shop).
[break]