she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee [c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 4:41:26 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "slateport?" dahlia's eyes flash with surprise. she discards her empty coffee cup, tossing it into the organics bin. "really? are you more used to the countryside?"

as the door swings open, the slateport sunlight bathes her clothes and finds the stains. she makes a face at them— but spares them little else.

"before we leave for, let's say stern hill, i need you to think of one thing you'd like me to do for you!" dahlia announces then teases. "anything to make your job easier. this is your laaast chance to ask."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
coffee [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 22:13:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

"The first time I saw Slateport it was in ruins," she says, somberly. There's a faraway look in her eye for a moment before she brings herself back to the present.[break][break]

"My visits recently have been brief. I admit, it's hard to forget even despite the growth the city has seen since. I'm sure that's selfish of me, but that's the truth."[break][break]

Fortunately, Stormy manages to find a smile as she looks back at the woman in front of her. Her attention doesn't linger on the coffee stains, appearances have never been of much concern for her.[break][break]

"That, and I live in Lavaridge, most of my time is spent there."[break][break]

She smooths her hand over her own shirt, discarding her cup a few paces behind Dahlia. She has to admit, the atmosphere of Slateport was incredibly uplifting. It was nice to see the streets busy with people.[break][break]

Surprise paints her face with innocence as she studies Dahlia's face. For a moment she is quiet as they walk, but she isn't really pondering a favor.[break][break]

"I'm honestly at a loss for words, Dahlia. I've climbed my way from the bottom of the barrel to get here - and I don't really regret any of it. It's not really... your approval I'm looking for, nothing you can really do for me."[break][break]

She blushes then, concerned she's said the wrong thing or made a fool of herself. [break][break]

"M-my apologies, ma'am. I just mean that I don't really want my job to be easier. If it was easy, anyone would do it. I don't want to be just anyone."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee [c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 8:42:25 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "don't apologize." dahlia shakes her head. she's tempted to cradle the other's hand. to close the gap with offerings of solace. "and don't call me ma'am, stormy. it makes me sound old!" she says, in jest.

as they move away from the coffee shop, dahlia is careful not to walk ahead of her. she matches her gait.

"of course," dahlia says, "but please, ask for help when you need it. it's not a weakness." a flashy car drives by, the rims catching slateport sun. her gaze softens. "just remember to not let comparison rob you, stormy. you don't need to prove yourself to others."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
coffee [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 22:36:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

It occurs to her that being told not to apologize is something that hadn't been asked of her before. Normally, the circumstances insisted that she did apologize. To be specifically asked to not is surprising, and the sentiment is reflected on Stormy's face.[break][break]

But it brings a sense of warmth in her chest, and she's immediately found another reason to respect and appreciate Dahlia's company.[break][break]

Stormy dips her head in response.[break][break]

"I understand."[break][break]

Unfortunately, however, she doesn't entirely. Her entire youth had been spent in 's shadow, the shadow of her siblings adopted alongside her. She had been drowning a long time and had only just broken the surface to capture her own glimpse of the sun. It had taken her a long time to realize that she was the sun, and she'd been caught up in the reflection under the waves.[break][break]

Even now, she still fought to remember she wasn't set up to compare herself to others.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 5:51:05 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "good." dahlia declares.

however, she worries. untangling the knot of perfectionism is a lifelong journey— not a simple stroll through some slateport park. still, it does not dissuade the commissioner from bringing her there.

"let's breathe in the fresh air, soak in the rays," dahlia stretches, "and let's forget about anyone else for now, hm?" with a small smile, she leads stormy away.