snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 15:14:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]tears bubble over waterlines, trickling down cheeks. their path is almost muddy, tinged with blood and dirt. she sucks in a breath and realization settles like a crushing weight on her shoulders. even when he shifts to clear her line of sight, her eyes don't leave him. they're rooted in place, existing somewhere between pained and scared. "alex," she tries to ignore the way her voice breaks apart, at the way emotion clings to his name.

her fingers loosen around his hand, the bruising contact now easing into a light grip.

"you -- you didn't," she spares another glance, another peek. and somehow, she regrets it more than the first. nausea churns at her stomach just as it had down in that basement and she's struggling to swallow it back. the reasoning is solid and concrete and if given the opportunity, she would have done the same exact thing for him. and yet, his words repeat in her mind the longer she stares. we can't play executioner.

her face contorts with pain when she tries to shift, tries to escape the sight behind him. "i thought," she has to pause to stifle a hiss, to keep her voice steady despite the way her side feels like it's been burned. "we have to trust the justice system." and somehow, just saying that is more painful than the wounds. it tastes metallic, like blood and betrayal.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:45:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]acceptance comes at a heavy price. he feels her fingers loosen around his hand and it's the implication that has him pulling his hand away entirely. he moves when she makes an attempt to shift and blocks her view once again. he remains knelt beside her, but unlike usual, he knows no comfort comes from his presence.

"you were right, illeana." 

alexander is well aware of the hypocrisy, which is why his posture slumps not quite in defeat but perhaps acceptance. and realization. it hits him all at once and his breath shakes. he can't find it in him to meet her gaze. instead he stares at the red-stained concrete beneath them.

"the system doesn't always work."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 0:20:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]grasping at sand must feel like this, must feel like knowing that everything is slipping through your fingers despite the desperation in your movements. her hand is scrambling to find his, to feel his fingers lace with hers. and yet, she comes back with nothing but that same distance between them from earlier. only this time... it's wider.

"i -- i don't want to be right," she whispers and for the most part, it's truthful. she didn't want to be right, not about this. she wanted justice to prevail, to work and lock criminals up to never harm another living soul again. and instead, she's met with the acute notion that she's ruining something. ruining him, she decides. staining him. it hurts more than she could have imagined.

his shoulders slump, his eyes falling to blood stains on concrete. he avoids her eyes, avoids her, and she's whimpering from something more than just a simple stab wound. "hey," she whispers, ignoring the way her side erupts into searing and bringing her hand up to his face. the movement brings white hot pain but it's nothing anymore. not when he won't even look at her. she winces at the way sticky fingers press to clean skin, leaving soft red fingerprints against his cheek. and yet, she doesn't pull away. instead, she shifts her hand, tries to drag his attention to her. "it's okay." there's a pause, a swallow, and then her voice returns. "i promise, alex. it's okay."

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 10:47:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]he always thought it would feel different. he imagined things to swirl into a blur, to cloud his judgement of what's right, but there was none of that. he was level-headed, calm, and almost methodical in his decisions and actions. what plagues him isn't the death itself; he deserved to die, nothing was going to change that. but it's the fact that alexander wanted to kill him.

no judge. no jury. just executioner.

her hand on his face is a lifeline and he clings on to it like it's the only thing that'll save him. her words would have fallen on deaf ears otherwise. he meets her eyes, bringing his hand up to hers. is it okay? no. is he okay? no. will he ever be okay?

alexander holds her hand in his and brings it back towards her. "you shouldn't move too much." his grip tightens if only to reassure his point. "you've lost a lot of blood." he glances down at her wound again and almost winces. "they should be here soon."

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 2:28:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]fingers encase hers and she wants to let out a soft sigh, a relieved breath of air. instead, she's held by his eyes and all but rooted into place. and then, their hands are drifting away from his cheek and she wants to wince at how red stains his skin with soft streaks. it looks off, out of place, unnatural. like his heart shouldn't even exist within the same realm as this. unfortunately, it does and she can't change this outcome.

"alex-" she tries to protest, tries to argue, but her breath hitches as he brings her hand back. she expects him to let go, to place that distance back between them, the same one she had placed not too long ago. and with this concept comes the intense bubbling of panic rushing to the surface. his grip tightens and while she understands the point, she returns the grip with a desperate one of her own. "hey," she murmurs once more. this time, anxiety and fear and distress show in her movements, in her fingertips, in her eyes. a swallow follows when his gaze drops to the wound, to the stained and ripped fabric of her shirt. "look at me." it isn't firm enough, doesn't have enough emotion to convey what she needs. and so she tries again, nails digging into his hand subconsciously. "please."

sirens echo in the distance, bringing more truth to his words but she doesn't bother to allow her attention to stray. instead she tries to shift closer, tries to power through on sheer will and love alone. a hiss follows and she's forced to take a moment to collect herself and school her features into something that doesn't look as pained as she thinks it does. and as sweat begins to bead onto her forehead, she's gently tugging at his hand as if that can draw him in and hold him there. "i'm sorry," she murmurs. for what, she doesn't disclose. there's a lot to be sorry for but perhaps most of all, she's sorry for putting him in this position, for ruining him with the weight of protecting her.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 9:28:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]he barely hears her words anymore. it's only when he feels her nails digging into his hand does he finally brings his eyes to meet her gaze once more. it's painful, he decides, but it's pain he's willing to bear for her. sirens start to echo in the distance and it almost draws him away from her. but the look in her eyes: the panic, the anxiety, the fear; they keep him tethered to her.

"don't be," is what he responds with. he takes a breath and blinks away the tears in his eyes. "it isn't your fault." it's his. the sirens grow louder and he can practically hear from around the corner. it fills him with the slightest bit of relief knowing her wound will get tended to soon. his eyes haven't broken away yet. he's allowed one final moment before the paramedics arrive. 

"you would've done the same for me." 

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 1:52:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]not her fault... somehow, it's both truthful and false in one sentence. her fault that he was pushed to extremes, that he had acted with only one clear objective in mind. her fault that she couldn't defend herself, couldn't even protect her own ass from being on the chopping block. and yet, she had no part in the decisions of the man now lifeless on concrete. he acted of his own volition, his own thoughts and goals swirling in his mind and propelling ideas into actions, muscles into movement. it leaves a metallic taste in her mouth and she tries to swallow it back. instead, hints of copper grow until all she can taste is pennies and it's sickening.

"but," she whispers and her fingers continue to clasp too tightly at his own. her eyes never leave his as if he's a lifeline keeping her rooted in the realm of reality. "it is." and she doesn't get the chance to provide examples, to point out her own inaction and insecurities that turned into circumstances and then concrete outcomes. sirens drown out any arguments on the tip of her tongue and all she can do is simply wait. bits of her shirt are sticky by now, fabric clinging to sliced skin without hesitation. it's funny... even with all the experience of such a thing, the wounds left behind by a knife are always nothing more than white hot reminders of failures etched into skin.

even as the paramedics arrive, she doesn't tear her attention away from him. "i would," the quickness of the answer, the firmness of it solidify the thought in her mind. "for you, i always would." and while good intentions are laced between sinews of muscles and nerves and veins, there is not a single doubt in her mind that she'd willingly set the world on fire just to keep him warm.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 17:00:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]fault matters little in the moment. his mind is already elsewhere, focused on the sirens that grow louder with every passing second. it then drifts back to the piece of fabric on her wound. it does what it can to slow down the flow of blood, and the pressure he continues to apply helps as well. 

illeana echoes his sentiments in her words and he believes her. and that fills him with a sense of dread and fear that he doesn't quite understand yet. perhaps with time he will.

the paramedics arrive and immediately they start tending to her wounds. "i'm fine, just check on her, please." he is forced to take a step back, breaking the tether between them. "she's lost a lot of blood. we'll need to take her in for a transfusion." and just like that they're moving her onto a stretcher. "i'll be right next to you the whole time. just give me a second." 

they wheel her off towards the back of the ambulance while alexander remains rooted in place. his eyes drift over to his doublade, then to the officer stood over the body. he approaches.

"this is a mess...what happened?"

alexander considers his words with extreme caution, mulling them over in his head a few times before finally responding. "i was caught off guard and was immediately restrained by the decidueye. reyes' life was threatened so i made the decision." 

"they'll want a full report."

"they'll get one." 

alexander excuses himself and steps away. he recalls his doublade before making his way over to the back of the ambulance. "okay, we're ready."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 23:53:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x usum/swsh tm/tr.
[break]