8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 10:46:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No, not Lane, actually. I'm here for Reyes."

Traveling out to Ever Grande was always a pain. There's only two reasons Fernando ever entertains the flight: to visit the League's research facility or because his presence is needed. Today, his visit is to check in on someone who's only recently returned to the job. The last thing he wants to do is impose on her when she's only now getting back, hence the reason for visiting in person as opposed to requesting her fly out to Lilycove.

Fernando enters the laboratory after rubbing his hands with several squirts of hand-sanitizer. He always uses 's because no one else's smells nearly as fragrant. As super close best friends, Fernando doesn't need to ask while Lucas is out. It's the weekend so Fernando already knows the other Head Scientist will be back on the mainland. He doesn't dare work on the weekends because that's when the bill collectors call the most.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:29:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]she's absorbed in endless stacks of papers when the receptionist buzzes, one more paper cut away from sighing and simply taking a nap instead of catching up. perhaps it's a blessing in disguise when she has to rise and shift her attention away from reports... except, she doesn't expect the message from the other line. "mister silph is here to see you, miss reyes."

oh. oh shit.

she's flying out of her seat a moment later, squeaking out a hurried thank you before all but scrambling to the door. except, he's already stepping in as she's approaching and she's flushing a soft pink, a hand rising to run through messy waves. "um, hi," she half mumbles, half squeaks. "i didn't expect to see you here." obviously. this isn't his department...

clearing her throat before flashing a small smile, illeana settles on the corner of a nearby table, mindful of the equipment at her back. "to what do i owe the pleasure, mister silph?"

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:40:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hello."

This isn't his department but Fernando navigates the area with a familiarity that's beyond well versed. His bravado instills that he owns the place, mostly because he kind of does. Who's the most iconic representative of the League outside of Dahlia Good and Kim Cole? Third isn't the best but it's damn well good enough to earn some recognition.

"I wanted to check up on you." His smile is slight and his posture immaculate. It's almost as if the stick up his ass really is his spine. "I heard you're back to working. How is everything?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:53:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]while she should have expected the response he gives, it still catches her off guard. her eyes widen a fraction, lips parting to form an o shape before shortly giving way to a soft smile. "oh, you didn't have to come all the way here," she murmurs because really, he didn't but it's a touching gesture that's effective in tugging at her heartstrings.

"i am! it's, well, a little difficult to get back into the swing of things." her laugh is awkward, slightly flustered, and mildly embarrassed. a finger slowly twirls a strand of hair around it, coiling and uncoiling the strands idly. "good, for the most part," and totally overwhelming but suspiciously good. besides, she has yet to yank her hair out over reports so that's definitely considered a win in her book. "you know, besides paper cuts and drowning in reports but... to be expected, really."

and then she's tilting her head at him, a leg rising to cross over the other at the knee. "and you? are things well on your end, councilman?"

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:11:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Coming back to the field always is."

Fernando sympathizes with her because he's been in her shoes. The way his voice tapers off shows his own self reflection. Having to return to work after a break is always daunting considering just how much work piles up for those at the top of command.

His smile flattens out when she asks, only because he's being truthful. "Things could be better but that's always the case." He pauses to help change the subject. "Have you given any thought on whether you want to stay on the field or not?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:41:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]"that it is," she heaves out a sigh of agreement. a glance is spared over her shoulder toward the utter chaos that is her desk. papers scattered atop the surface, two empty cups of coffee already on the list of casualties in her war versus paperwork. who knew so much could pile up in the short amount of time she used for recovery?

her eyes drift back to him with a look of sympathy. things could always be better but they could always be worse. which one would be more preferred? sometimes, she isn't sure. "i hope they get better soon," she murmurs with a brief smile. it fades into consideration and then mild nervousness a moment later. she had, in fact, given it some thought but a crossroads is still all she has.

"i have," she draws out the syllables perhaps because there's still hesitation held within them. does she stay in the field or stay in the lab? it's a difficult decision with too many factors laced in. "i'm a bit stumped on a decision if i'm being honest."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:12:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Understandable."

Fernando won't baby her any further. He won't try to press onto her unless he can get something out of it, but he won't be among those that offer whatever they can in order to assist. A pawn is to be used by the chess master, not cared for. Not unless there's potential to turn it into a queen, and Illeana is still far from ever reaching that level of prestige.

" Which one are you okay with accepting."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:36:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]which one does she choose? it's a decision she doesn't want to make lightly, one she wants to weigh almost too heavily in her mind. is she willing to sacrifice all of her hard work just to stay in the field? or does she roll over and stay protected and safe?

somehow, there's a little voice in her mind that tells her no matter which option she chooses, she will not come to like the outcome.

"i'm not sure," she murmurs and she knows it's of little assistance to what he's asking. blood pools in her cheeks, skin shifting into a rosy color beneath the fluorescent lights. "but that's to be expected. i would like to stay in the field but i also want to continue to work hard in my current position." which one is she willing to say goodbye to in order to feel meaningful?

another sigh escapes and her eyes drift toward the ceiling, searching for something she knows she won't find up there. "there's no middle ground, is there? not if i'm weak."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:46:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] That's a conditional if. The answer is straight in front of her face but Illeana fails to realize it. Or maybe she does and just doesn't want to confront it. Fernando's not sure which way or the other but either reason comes with a negative connotation. Is she blind or is she scared?

Who knows. Neither are acceptable and Fernando's high pressed to iron out her kinks.

"Except not be weak. If you're going to be greedy then you have to have the right to be greedy. Why is not become strong one of the options?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 21:56:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]the hair that twirls around a finger stills, following the way her body slightly tenses at the thought. why was becoming strong not placed at the front of her options? it's simple, really. she doesn't believe she's capable of such a thing. if there's one thing illeana reyes is... it's soft. is there room for strength there? or would she have to sacrifice that very softness to achieve such a thing?

her eyes come back down to earth, back to him and the weight of words. have the right to be greedy. simple yet difficult, it seems. "how exactly does one earn the right to be greedy? through action?" it's a trait she doesn't possess but perhaps in time.

slowly, her fingers resume twiddling with hair and she's giving a soft tug of the strands as if that'll help her wrap her mind around the concept a little better. it doesn't. it only stings a little. "i suppose it's because i've only ever known weakness. i want to be strong, sure, but am i capable of that?" better yet, is she prepared for what it will take?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:06:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Through capabilities."

Fernando rolls his head before coming up with an example. "The only reason you can't do something you want is because someone or something is stopping you. If you can overcome that hurdle then nothing is stopping you."

Fernando frowns.

"Isn't it about time you learn something else aside from weakness? If you want it then become it."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:17:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]it makes sense, in a way. through capabilities, one is allowed to be greedy. to take what they want, what they're owed. but does she possess capabilities? her mind supplies the traits he had listed off in the hospital room but they aren't quite right for the piece that's missing. inner reflection, perhaps, will supply her with exactly what capabilities she needs to succeed.

"i see," she murmurs and a moment later, she's trying to stifle a laugh because really it isn't funny but in a way it could be. "and if the hurdle is yourself... what does one do in that circumstance?" how do you overcome yourself? your insecurities, your fears? easily, she imagines but it's always been just beyond her reach. slipping through her fingers even.

illeana meets his frown with an almost torn expression. it's halfway between decided and thoughtful, existing in both planes of reality. "yes, it's time." but if she fails, what happens? "i guess that's something i'll have to work on myself." she doubts anyone can truly help her become strong. it'll be a path she has to understand for herself in order to achieve the results desired. although, a teacher wouldn't be such a bad thing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:27:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Become the person you want to be or accept that you'll never have agency over your life."

Fernando feels no pity for those unable to help themselves. His own personal perspective is riddled with conservative rhetoric, that anyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps to become what they want. How realistic is it for those to reach the highest levels of life? All but improbable, but all they have to become is better than where they were yesterday. That constant reminder for self improvement makes it hard to sympathize and Fernando offers no consolation to someone who shows no drive.

"I'm making a team to resolve the issues we had with Littleroot." It almost sounds like he's blurting it out considering the quick switch in subject. "I want to cultivate a team that understands proper operational procedures so that even if something like that happens, I won't be alone in trying to defuse the situation." The offer isn't explicit but it's on the table. "A portion of the League wants me to fix our mistakes."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:44:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]she hums understanding, comprehension drifting in the longer she mulls over the words. become the person you want to be... hm. perhaps she just might but what will be lost along the way? the ideal illeana reyes doesn't come without sacrifices littering the floor. she offers nothing further than the hum and a soft bob of her head, declining on speaking if only to file her opinions on the matter away for a later time.

"a team," she echoes, this current mention not exactly the first time he's spoken of such a thing. it is, however, the first time he's fully disclosing more details and she's hooked on the words. leaning forward on the desk with her chin settling onto the backs of folded hands, she listens and it isn't long before an eyebrow rises. "what exactly would this team consist of? are you gathering just rangers or is it on a more broad scale?" she detects hints of implication but doesn't voice them for now, as if she wants to gather more evidence before staking a claim in the matter. a scientific analysis of a situation, even.

a portion of them are behind his reasoning, his endeavor. it's not surprising if she pauses to dwell on it. after littleroot, she would have come to expect at least one or two changes to rise up from the rubble. "have you already made roster selections?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CHECK-IN
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:51:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Nothing too specific. We're just recruiting individuals that I can trust to be put under my direct command." Fernando doesn't shy away from revealing too much. Most of this is speculative at best. Although he's put in enough work to make it a reality, there's only one person who can pull the trigger.

"I want things played by the book. Clean operations where regardless of the result, we come out ahead. I'm looking for a few more people to round it out. It's only me and a regular ranger, at the moment."