bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 23:41:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

"Probably."[break][break]

She isn't convinced, however, because she's always found nuggets of good in the most unwilling people.[break][break]

Stormy's eyes widen in surprise, however, at the man's clear discomfort. Normally she might have placed a hand on his shoulder or on his hand as a way to comfort or reassure him, instead, she awkwardly stands in front of him. What is she supposed to do with her hands? [break][break]

"So.. eight legs is the minimum creep factor, got it."[break][break]

Ultimately, she opts to eat her sandwich rather than press him or offer him comfort. The last thing she needed was for this conversation of theirs to grow more awkward than it already was.[break][break]

"Hey man, no skin off my nose. I won't say anything if you don't want me to. It's not my business anyhow."[break][break]

Not anymore, anyway.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:08:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Let me clarify—anything… with more than four legs is…is more than enough for me,” he managed to get out. The look of terror was still in his eyes, and after flitting around nervously for a few more moments he was relieved that there was nothing there.

Although, the sight of his Lucario seemingly snickering his way was more than enough to make him frown.

“Alpha, that’s not nice, you know,” he said in the dual-type’s way. “Rude,” he added a few moments later as the Lucario snickered a little louder at his human companion’s expense.

“Sorry,” he apologized to Stormy. “He’s a bit of an ass,” he added as the Lucario continued to snicker his way. Once he’d managed to silence the Lucario with a glare, he turned back to face Stormy.

Okay, this was going to get awkward in a few moments, unless…

“I—I wanted to… to say something else,” he began. Now that they were here, he might as well get it out before he said something stupid again.

hmm

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:27:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"Noted."[break][break]

She smiles slightly at his anxious glance around the room. One brief glance herself confirms that there's nothing there that could possibly startle him.[break][break]

However, she remains an awkward bystander or third-wheel in terms of Lars' disagreement with Alpha. The woman regards the Lucario with familiarity, keenly aware of how close they had sort of been once upon a time. It'd been a while since she'd last seen him.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the atmosphere of the room would quickly take a nose-dive into something tense and awkward. Stormy opens her mouth to say something or stop him from potentially ruining what nice moment they had.[break][break]

Instead, nothing comes out but reddened cheeks and uncertainty.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:32:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He took a deep breath as he finished the last of the sandwich in his hands. Shaking his hands down, he then turned to face her once more.

Now that the silence was near-absolute, he saw her blushing, and the hint of the smile from earlier resurfaced—no, wait, Lars, don’t get distracted!

He still kept the slight grin on his face before clearing his throat.

“You know… I wanted to… to apologize,” he began quietly. Hopefully she hadn’t noticed how sudden the downturn was when it came to his tone. Like there was something he’d been wanting to say to get off his mind.

“For—for that time. I know I acted like an ass, and—“ he continued, before grabbing the remaining glass and taking a drink from it, draining the contents in one go.

hmm

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:49:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

The silence makes the situation all the more awkward. While he finishes his sandwich and dusts off his hands, Stormy is preparing different ways to let him down or ways to get out of the situation or de-escalate whatever was to come. The nervous thump in her chest indicates even to her that she's expecting something different than what's coming - to an extent.[break][break]

She had anticipated an apology. He had overstepped and been cruel, insinuating unfair and malicious things regarding her love-life: now non-existent love-life.[break][break]

Stormy watches him as he stumbles over his words, as his voice lowers and he takes a more serious, sincere tone. It forces a lump in her throat but she doesn't cry - she's past that now. What he'd said had hurt, worse than anything she'd ever experienced at that point. They had been so close once upon a time, and she'd been oblivious to his affections. Perhaps oblivious even to her own.[break][break]

But that was long past now.[break][break]

"I'm.. I'm still learning to forgive you, but I appreciate the apology."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 13:30:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the glass was empty, he placed it back on the table and poured himself another. He was… expecting something like what she had said—hopefully his own bravado wouldn’t desert him before he finished what he had to say.

“Well… that’s… that. I didn’t—I didn’t know how to approach the subject, at least until this moment, and I— he continued, not realizing his voice was faltering the longer he went on.

Ah, shit, no! You’re already on a roll, don’t stop! You’re almost there! He thought as he felt the inside of his mouth going dry. Taking up the glass, he then took another long drink and placed it down again after he noticed half of the contents were gone.

“I’m sorry if I let my anger—my rage overwhelm me back then,” he ended, his voice going down to barely a whisper.

oh my god Lars, why are you locking up now of all times

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 14:05:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy remains a little tense and awkward as Lars fights for control of his thoughts and words. Her fingers squeeze her own glass of water as she watches him fight for breath.[break][break]

But she is quiet and patient as he comes to terms with what he's trying to say - with the apology that weighs heavily on his shoulders. It is both a relief and terribly bittersweet, like putting pressure on an old and deep wound.[break][break]

Laurence had been cruel to her when faced with the realization that she hadn't felt the same romantic feelings that he had. At the time she had been oblivious to it until he'd been open with it. Now, she was well aware of how he felt about her. But did he still feel that way? Is that why it was so hard for him to apologize?[break][break]

Did he still hold resentment for her lack of affection for him?[break][break]

"Thank you, Laurence."[break][break]

Silence extends, her thumb rubbing the side of her glass.[break][break]

"But are you still angry with me? Do- do you still have feelings for me?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 20:43:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He waited for her reply with bated breath, and let out the tiniest sighs of relief when Stormy finally spoke up. The air in the room was pretty heavy, to say the least, and the Lucario’s face was contorted into one of concern as he gave Lars a knowing stare.

Alpha could tell from the minute changes in the aura that hung in the atmosphere that it was rather intense, to say the least…

When she asked the next question, he blinked for a few moments before letting out a much more audible sigh. Not one of frustration, but one of resignation.

“What—what chance do I have with… with someone you’ve known practically your entire life? I know when it’s time to… to back off and give way, y—you know. Are—are you happy with him? he asked presently.

As for the other question—he was much tempted to answer, but decided to hold his tongue for a few moments to allow her to answer his inquiry. When she was done, he scratched the back of his head.

“I mean… I—I still do, but… he trailed off as he took another drink from his glass.

he gave an answer, sort of

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 23:52:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

There was something like a weight on her chest, a nervous, uncomfortable energy. The feeling only worsened when Lars struggled to reply - not exactly putting her fears to rest by saying that he wasn' still angry with her. She swallows the lump in her throat, fully prepared to leave, to de-escalate the situation, to do anything but set fire to it.[break][break]

But then he asks about Alexander and she feels that sinking feeling of grief linger, the cold fingers of dread tickling her back. She exhales, a sad expression taking over whatever pointed curiosity she had had.[break][break]

"I was."[break][break]

It's too much to say more, so she doesn't. She can't.[break][break]

What surprises her more, however, is Laurence admittance of his feelings - sort of. But he ends it with a cliffhanger, an indication that he may not be telling the whole truth. She sets the glass on the counter, preferring to tuck her hands to her lap instead of worry about shaking or spilling or dropping the glass.[break][break]

"But.. what, Laurence?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 20:16:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You were?

The words made him come to a stop as he set the glass down for a few moments to take a look at her. Was she—wait, how was that even possible?

I mean, it’s been a year and a half since I last talked with her, so there must have been something that happened during that time… he thought with a slight frown on his face.

“What—if you don’t mind my asking, what happened? I thought—I thought you were on your way to— he dropped off, before her next question registered in his head a few moments later. Normally he would flinch at the mention of his birth name, but seeing as this was Stormy—one of the few who knew about it and could get away with using it—he had to do another double take.

“See, the thing is… I’ll admit, I still care for you, but. You know that thing about loyalty to one, right?”

He allowed her a few moments before he answered.

“I’m—I already, I’ve moved on from, well, you. Like, I’ll confess to you right now, I still care about you, but it’s more like… if Fernando isn’t going to man the hell up and act like… like a proper sibling figure, I mean— he went on, his throat going dry before taking another drink from the glass he was holding.

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 21:20:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy glances away, not willing to make eye contact with the man, knowing what she might find. She doesn't want his pity - she's moved on. Mostly.[break][break]

"It just didn't work - I'd rather not get into it."[break][break]

It's none of his business and her emotions are still raw. Bringing it up is uncomfortable and she's more interested in moving on.[break][break]

"I'm happy for you Lars. It's nice to see that you're happy."[break][break]

And she means it, because in a way it takes a weight off her shoulders. His happiness had never been her responsibility but that didn't mean she didn't feel bad, to some extent, for how their friendship had ended.[break][break]

But she looks back at Lars to meet his gaze, his stammering bringing her back to attention. [break][break]

"That's sweet of you, really.. but I don't need Fernando. I've made it this far without a 'sibling figure', and I don't need one now. Really."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:40:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Hey, I was offering in case you still needed one,” he said with an off-hand gesture as he poured himself another glass of juice. Lars didn’t know that he had been going through the pitcher’s contents faster than normal.

As he watched the colored liquid rise up once more in the glass, he tried to look for something to cotton onto. Instead, he couldn’t find anything. For a few moments there was nothing but silence between them. Once he was content with the contents of the glass, he stopped pouring and took another drink from his refilled glass.

The fruity taste tickled him for a few moments before he downed half the contents once again.

“So… how’s being an Elite Four member treating you? Anyone gone up to challenge you guys yet? he added a few moments later.

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
bite the bullet [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 2:37:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Her rejection comes out harsher than intended, given the agitated or uncomfortable response Lars gives her. She clears her throat awkwardly, unsure how to rectify the situation.[break][break]

Where he continues to drink the entire jug of juice, Stormy has abandoned her glass on the counter and looks otherwise out of place standing across from him. He's clearly uncomfortable as well, given how frequently he drinks. Does she make him nervous? Why?[break][break]

"We don't need to do the idle chit-chat if you're uncomfortable, Lars. We can keep our relationship strictly professional."[break][break]

She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and it immediately untucks itself. [break][break]

"It's a comfortable position. It gives me more time to assist the rangers; the region is more preoccupied with recovering to worry about challenging the circuit."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay