awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 18:28:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Even though Selena was not as fired up as her blaziken, she decided to bring it to this event where it would use most of her energy and skills for a good reason. The job they were tasked was simple: they needed to crush the old car within the time limit for a huge reward. It was not like Selena and Freia needed the prize, but she reckoned it would be worth it if they could accomplish the task.

According to the challenge agreement, they were to be accompanied by someone to help destroying the car. She just hoped this person could catch it on time before her blaziken reduce it to pieces.

bonus stage: destroy car (tos) mission / ooc: let’s help each other finish our mission endeavors uwu

11zEEW5G
@tag
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,313 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 19:21:46 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam rushes to the venue, legs striding at full distance in a struggle to reach it in time. easy money was easy money, regardless of whether priam has enough already or not.

he eventually gets to the designated area for him and one other person. priam arrives, panting, with a hand clutched to his chest as he leans on his knees, catching his breath. "made it..." he mutters, until he lifts his head up.

"i made it in time, right?"

his attention shifts to the car. it's not totaled just yet, and a silent celebratory fist pump shows his cheer. looking for a piece of cement that could maybe pass off as a rock to give to for his birthday on his way probably wasn't worth it.

"fuckin' made it!" priam throws a pokeball, revealing an espeon. "are we starting soon?" he asks.

Vp28dcRl

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 19:57:42 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“Yeah, you’re just—” Selena turned to the voice that approached her and Freia with a vague sense of familiarity from its tone. “—on time.”

The blaziken already began BLAZE KICKING the car and the arrival of new visitors did not stop her from caushing destruction. “My blaziken already started seconds before you arrive so I’m afraid the time’s already ticking but I think the organizers won’t mind at all.”

Selena offered her hand to the stranger. “Selena. I think we’ve already met but I‘m not quite sure.”

bonus stage: destroy car (tos) mission / ooc: posted this on valerio’s acc first so i reposted uwu

(rolled a 63 for the roll)
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,313 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 7:45:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"did we?" he asks, forgetting about the people he ferried with his braviary on that one taxi gig. "hehe, i feel so bad now that i can't recall when that is. lilycove gym leader, right?"

he feels so proud though that he made an impression. maybe he's still the best at his thing.

"i'm conrad!" he introduces, taking her hand. "pleased to meet you again!"

priam quickly turns to his espeon as soon as he sees the blaziken start demolishing the car. "do your sparkly move!" he tells his espeon.

the espeon glows and blasts the car with its dazzling gleam. it fires an end of the car with light, scorching it but not exactly denting it. at least that part of the car's weakened or something now.

ohf4QGbY

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 19:58:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The thing was, Selena did not remember much either. The only reason she could hold onto was her gut feeling. But for someone like her who has a good memory of things, perhaps a person she unknowingly met twice now was only as good as a déjà vu.

Lucky for her, the gym leader title made her somewhat unforgettable.

”Yeah, that’s me!” She was taken aback when Conrad took her hand. She was not mad, though. “Well, I guess the feeling is mutual.”

Freia was now more eager to destroy, seeing a competition in the image of the espeon. From her fists, FLAME BURSTS shoot to further destroy the dilapidated vehicle.

”I’m a journalist in Vantage, too.” She offered to Conrad; she was more than just a gym leader. “But maybe you know that also. How about you? What are you busying yourself with?”

bonus stage: destroy car (tos) mission

zubh6G8F
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,313 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 14:35:13 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"journalist..." he vaguely remembers meeting one before. in moments, it clicks in his head. "maybe we met back when i was doing the taxi gig with my braviary?"

the espeon scoffs at its own attack, before turning its head at its trainer for ordering a mundane move like that on an object. the psychic-type gets its eyes back to the car and fires off a psychic this time, crinkling one side of the car with sheer force.

"nothing big. i just take odd jobs here and there," he answers, crossing his arms as he sagely nods. "currently unemployed after a disaster at my last job, but i'm getting a new one soon!" maybe he was oversharing, but he was quite proud with the direction that his civilian life was heading.

he quickly snaps his attention at his espeon, seeing it get a clean hit. "good going, buddy!" he cheers out loud, interrupting his previous train of thought.

as quickly as he attention shifts, it returns back to selena. "i just need money from this one to make it through that whole transition thing."

8sW01j4q

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 19:06:22 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“Oh, right. I remember that.” Priam was correct. Selena remembered that particular taxi ride—her submissions were quite hectic back then as a freelancer, that was why she decided to establish her own media corporation. The thing was, for the most time they were conversing, Selena was inside and Priam was outside—she vaguely remebered his face, so maybe it was from something else. “Where was your last job?”

Freia was not yet satisfied with her craft. The espeon diligently used its psychic powers but the blaziken knew she could match it with her BLAZE KICK’s impact. Positioning herself above the car, her attack directly hit the vehicle’s vulnerable part and she just hoped it would be enough to dilapidate it.

“My place has opened recently and we still need a lot of personnel to take care of some non-staff work. Pays good. And you get to see the beach everyday. How does that sound?”

Selena was kind to offer. It was true she needed more people in the Vantage—a lot of staff, if not skeletal, were part-timers who just needed experience and money. But more than that, there is a capital she would gain from building networks from an external circle.

She thought that principle was basic.

mRWjvjo_
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,313 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 15:56:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"ah, you're so kind," he swoons exaggeratedly. the message was genuine, however. "you're drivin' a hard bargain, ma'am! i'd take that in a heartbeat if i haven't agreed to this one other thing already, sorry!"

his espeon cuts priam off from saying everything in one go as it proceeds to blast one side of the car with hidden power. the strike was seemingly more effective than the previous ones at least.

"i got a job at that contest thing. it was contractual, but it was supposed to give me a month of employment while i look for another one. shit hit the fan during that tree thing. it was a fuckin' disaster!"

priam huffs and folds his arms, clearly annoyed with the topic. the negative emotions do not last, however, as he quickly lightens up, oversharing in the conversation with a bit of careful deliberation.

"got a job as a lab assistant though! evergrande apartments are kinda expensive, so i'm saving up for down payment."

if there was one prominent science facility in evergrande, it would be the league's own head scientist's.

dfUy8YzI

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 18:35:05 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena pouted at the man’s subtle rejection. The pink-haired lady does not really take refusals very well. But when Priam mentioned about him working in the contest, she knew she could not just give up yet.

”I think you’ll consider the job if you heard the rest of it,” she teased, hoping the fish would take the bait. “You can still work part time. An informant. You get paid for every intelligence you’ll give. Can be about anything.”

Freia looked at the totaled car as the espeon sent out its final attack. The blaziken, still not contented with the exercise she just had, stomped on the destroyed machine as she waited for the alarm.

”But of course, it needs to be newsworthy,” it was funny inside Selena’s mind, but she thought the other person would not understand. “After all, we pay a huge amount of money for information. Can even help you stay in Evergrande for a year.”

8RaLB5KT
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,313 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 12:30:29 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam starts to get uneasy that not even the thrashing of the car before him unsettles him. his espeon's psychic demolishing it does little to get priam from biting his thumb's nail.

"ah, i can't argue with that anymore," he says, giving in. "i'm not really good at these kinda things, but i'll try to recall stories for you!"

eventually, the time limit ends and the vehicle ends up unrecognizable from its original form.

"if you want more stories about the contest thing, then you got it," he adds, knowing that she'll want another point of view from what happened back then. it's currently the hottest topic right now, after all.

ieywdziV

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
car-tastrophe [tos/m/o]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 0:09:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 100 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust, 1x gachapon ticket (bonus).
[break]