Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 4:32:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The outskirts are generally empty and quiet - and Stormy finds herself visiting the area on a whim. Clearing your head is therapeutic, and she thoroughly enjoys just kicking back and relaxing. There was a breeze, the sun was out, she had her Charmander babies at her side. She was taking her time chompin' down on an apple.[break][break]

Every once in a while she glances back to make sure they're following.[break][break]

Really, this was an exercise of open space for them to burn off some energy, but she was enjoying the sunshine for herself, too.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]@samuel

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 5:02:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Another job done despite some complications in negotiations, someone was trying to ask for more money than was originally promised and Samuel wasn’t having any of it.

But with that done with he had some time to kill but after a longs day of work he just wanted to get home.

There wasn’t much to do in the outskirts anyway, at least that’s what he thought until he spotted a rather interesting individual wandering about on their own.

”You know this place isn’t the safest to be having a leisurely stroll.” Samuel said, calling out to the wandering young woman.

”You’d have a better bet in Slateport’s many parks. Those are a lot safer, especially for someone as well known as you.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 5:29:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

The sound of footsteps and the nervous growling of protective Charmander alert her to a young man approaching. Stormy slows her pace to greet him, though it seems he's already ahead of her. She raises an eyebrow, gesturing to the wide open... nothing that surrounds them.[break][break]

"Seems pretty safe to me, unless you're trying to tell me you're actually a serial killer. You'll be hard-pressed to pull a fast one on me though."[break][break]

If she had learned anything from Fernando, it was to come prepared. Though she didn't detect anything malicious about the man - maybe just suspicious given his way of introducing himself.[break][break]

But also, people were on edge after the space beast invasions and whatnot.[break][break]

"Too many people in Slateport, too many distractions. We're just out to get some peace of mind and enjoy the fresh air without all the extra bits. You're welcome to join us."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 6:43:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Samuel simply shrugs and laughs a bit at Stormy’s initial response. ”The deadliest serial killer of all time! You’ve caught me!” He threw his hands up to the side lackadaisically, feigning being caught red-handed.

Her reason for being here was a bit of a surprise. It made sense he supposed but to pick here of all places, she must really want complete solitude.

”Well you’ve certainly picked the right place. It’s just a bit odd to see an Elite Four member and a Silph out here is all, figured I had to say something.” From this little bit of interaction it was clear that she wasn’t like her brother at all which was nice, meant Samuel didn’t have to be on guard as much.

”Sure I’ll join you.” It wasn’t like he had much else to do.

”It’s odd walking through this place. I remember when it used to have life and wasn’t a wasteland. And were you trying to get away from something more specific than just general distraction?”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 6:53:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy chuckles, genuinely amused and satisfied with his over-the-top and enthusiastic answer. Whatever awkward discomfort may have sprouted from his initial greeting is easily melted away. The Charmander resume their playing and Stormy's grinning.[break][break]

"Tut, tut, you gave in too easily. Now I'll have to actually do something about this, you're really putting me out, dude."[break][break]

She winks.[break][break]

But the conversation continues and she's happy to indulge. She wasn't opposed to companionship, after all. The Charmander were just more prone to accidentally gnaw on someone's leg or chase children in the park than they were one single person out in the middle of nowhere with them. They had each other to chew on.[break][break]

"It probably is - Silph's are usually holed up in an office building looking miserable and bored out of their minds."[break][break]

And then he joins her on her little walk and she's thrilled. [break][break]

"It's a shame I didn't get to see it before it turned into this. Though this isn't all that bad. Gives me a 'scorned by humans but regrowing despite the disaster' vibe. Okay, that sounded way better in my head. I'm not nearly as poetic as I think I am."[break][break]

She chuckles awkwardly, trying to literally wave away her terrible analogy, if it could even be called that.[break][break]

"Nah, nothing specific, really. I just like a chance to clear my head sometimes. You can get stuck up there if you aren't careful, you know. I know a few people stuck in their heads. It's not a good look."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 7:11:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Life in an office building sounded like a special type of hell, especially for someone like Samuel. The man’s life was almost always on the go and as such being in one place for long was a bit unusual for him but not something that was completely alien to him.

Also, the kind of work that’s normally done in these types of environments was dreadfully boring so that made things worse.

He thought all of this despite knowing good and well that the work he does and his talents could easily be transferred over and he’s done work like that in the past.

”I like the way you described it.” Samuel replied putting his hands up in the air as if he was holding a poster or something.

”The outskirts of Slateport were once a bustling area of life and happiness now it’s a wasteland due to mankind’s apathy. Despite it being scorned there are signs of life in the outskirts. Will it return to its former glory or find a new beauty?” He’d exclaim, using an exaggerated voice to sound similar to that of a radio host or announcer.

”Quite beautiful.” Samuel said with a smile.

”I couldn’t agree more. It’s incredibly sad seeing people get like that. All that wasted potential and life.” He sighed.

”I do the same but this place wouldn’t be where I’d go to clear my mind.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 7:39:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy raises an eyebrow, amused and flattered that he was willing to appreciate her attempt at poetry. When he pretends to hold a poster and begins speaking like a professional reporter, Stormy aims a pretend microphone at the man, scrunching her face into severity, hanging on his every word.[break][break]

"If anything was beautiful, it was that."[break][break]

She chuckles, lowering her outstretched microphone arm.[break][break]

"It is a waste, isn't it? Sometimes you really just gotta walk out into the middle of nowhere and just shout. About anything. Let loose, learn how to shake off whatever's weighing you down. It's therapeutic."[break][break]

Stormy pauses, however, curiosity getting the better of her.[break][break]

"Oh? Where would you choose to go, then?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 7:52:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He honestly had to admit that he did not expect that this encounter would go as well as it was. They were two people of completely different worlds and her name had gotten the better of him.

Though he did feel like he was still dead on with some of his assumptions and inferences about the young woman that were seemingly confirmed in this conversation, granted Samuel didn’t have any real negative thoughts.

But hearing her speak of letting loose spoke to him of someone who needed that because of how often it was either robbed or the opportunity wasn’t given.

When asked where he’d go he chuckled.

”Somewhere near the ocean or a place that I could watch the clouds go on by peacefully. My life has enough high energy and chaos, so I’d rather something more peaceful and tranquil. But a good shout every now and then is always nice.” Was his answer.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 8:02:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

At the mention of clouds, Stormy gestures with her thumb to the sky.[break][break]

"You mean these lovely clouds on this lovely afternoon?"[break][break]

She glances past him to a nice little hill perched above the rest of the area. Like a miniature pedestal. The perfect place to lay back in the grass and watch the clouds.[break][break]

"Follow me and follow my lead."[break][break]

With a quick glance over her shoulder, she whistles for her Charmander to follow her and they do. On the assumption that the stranger would follow her, Stormy would gesture for him to join her on the ground. She's laying face up in the grass, arms propped behind her head.[break][break]

"This seems as good a place as any to watch the clouds. Watch them with me?"[break][break]

She even closes her eyes, fully taking in the surrounding atmosphere and noise.[break][break]

"What a nice day, eh?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 8:12:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He didn’t say a word and just followed behind her, curiosity being the motivation lifting his feet. When they reached the hill he did not lie on his back like Stormy did, no he simply sat like anyone else did and looked up towards the sky.

But that didn’t last long, his head lowered and his eyes wandered to their surroundings.

It was grim, lifeless, dilapidated, he could not peacefully watch or rest here like the Silph did. At least he couldn’t do it without having these sort of thoughts clinging to the back of his mind.

And that smiling face of his turned into a somber one but as soon as that face appeared it vanished.

”Yes it is, a wonderfully nice day.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 8:22:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy shakes her head as he sits down next to her, but doesn't lay down. That wasn't the point of this exercise.[break][break]

He comments, but she watches his smile disappear as he glances around at how forlorn the area looks.[break][break]

"It's all about perspective, my friend. You have to lay back and look for the good. You can't keep staring at all the bad and accepting that. I refuse to do that, myself. I just know, if I lay back and relax a bit, I'll find something worth seeing."[break][break]

Once again she rambles on without any clear direction - she's trying to say something inspiring but probably coming up short.[break][break]

She gestures for him to lay back, just as a Charmander comes to lay on her belly. Another one would be inclined to sit up and snuggle with him, as well, if he allowed.[break][break]

"Come on, stranger. Lay back with me and just enjoy this for a moment, then I'll let you get back to whatever it was you were doing before I interrupted you."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
headspace [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 8:50:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She had caught him in his moment of somberness so he supposed he’d listen to what she was asking of him to do. He leaned back, eventually meeting the ground with his back and facing upright towards the sky.

Surprisingly optimistic this one was but then again she didn’t have the thoughts going through her head he was so there was always going to be that disconnect.

And despite being caught off guard at first the man allows the Charmander to come near him, after checking where that tail was at to avoid cloud watching and being on fire.

”Fine I’ll try to clear my mind and focus on the positive.” And tried he did and while for a moment there he was fine the same thoughts came rushing back to his mind.

Perhaps he’ll never be able to get rid of them no matter what he tried.