hunting? [ c ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 14:55:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Without much more thought or concern, Abner's abra, Zam, teleported the two onto route 121 very quickly. Abner glanced around at the route before slowly setting the Silphette in his arms down.

"Look at that. We're not far from where we started, either."

Abner points out, then looks to Zam.

"Taunt something out of the woodwork, would you?"

Not even half a second goes by before an energy emits from the abra, fluxing to draw something out of the route with her taunt.

"That's sure to get somebody's attention."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 15:02:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
In one fell swoop she's set back on her feet and is forced to focus on not turning into the jello she had mentioned earlier. It was actually frustrating how weak in the knees she seemed to be for the man - out of the blue, even. Stormy's confidence in her own flirtation was weak, like damaged goods. What had happened to her?

But Abner is already more focused on beating the shit out of random wild Pokemon, so she opts to help. She brings out something a hell of a lot bigger than a tiny Abra. The ground practically shakes when the Steelix is cast from his pokeball.

And, upon entry into the real world, he SCREECHES, sending a great many Pokemon running for the woodworks. Maybe that'll help Abner TAUNT something worth his while?

A flock of Oricorio take to the sky, leaving feathers and fear behind.

"That may have been too much attention."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 15:13:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Nah, that was perfect. Scared away the bitches so the real threats could come out and play."

That steelix had Abner's attention, fully. Like somebody had grabbed him by the face and been forcing him to look its direction. Power, and the possibility to eat things. The thought of stealing the thing crossed his mind but that was the last thing he needed to do with his new possible asset, was steal her steelix.... the pun's not missed on him, but he chooses to focus instead.

Little hesitation is given as he takes out a pokeball and releases a banette. The creepy doll hosts itself on Abner's shoulder before looking to Stormy and giving a very eager and friendly wave and promptly floating over to the girl to give her big hugs because she's pretty.

"Ban, can we focus please?"

Abner's impatient tone is the stuff of nightmares and even the banette doesn't disobey, floating over to finally land on the ground and waddle beside the giant ass hunk of steel and rock. The banette eyes something and quickly sinks into the shadows, using shadow sneak to yeet out the psychic type, who's got swirling eyes and a boggled brain, completely taken by surprise and fainted.

"Well, not a gengar."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 15:23:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"The 'bitches'... right.."

She shakes her head at his bluntness, still floored by the mans mannerisms. He's strange, that's for sure.

Steelix rumbles nearby, though it's hard to tell if he's aware of Abner's admiration for his strength - or he's just restless and eager to break stuff. Regardless, the Steelix takes off after the Oricorio who shit on his shiny metal coat, and runs off into the route alone to exact his revenge and his RAGE.

Stormy is quickly taken by surprise when a Banette wraps its arms around her in a surprisingly warm hug. Were Banette usually warm? She can't say she'd ever hugged one before.

"O-oh! Hello there."

But Abner is quick to redirect the Pokemon's attention elsewhere, and she doesn't miss his irritated tone.

"It was just saying hello, being friendly. Are you jealous?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 15:27:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"No I'm not jealous."

Abner's laugh suggests that the idea of him being jealous over somebody admiring Stormy is a stupid notion. Why? Because Abner would like to watch that kinda show, and did. But this time?

"I want a fuckin' gengar."

He wanted the banette to focus so he could get the gengar, duh.

Bann glanced around and waited for Zam to use one more taunt, which coaxed something out of the woodwork. It was a little shuppet, which hand Bann not all that excited. What if master liked that shuppet better than him?! Without much chance, the shuppet was knocked out with a sucker punch from the banette, who victoriously jogged over to Abner in glee awaiting to be praised.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 15:41:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Not jealous.. hmm.

Stormy glances away at his laugh, more focused on the fact that her Steelix was almost certainly getting into more trouble than necessary. The last thing she needed was for him to level a mountain or cause damages or whatever might happen.

"Not satisfied with your Banette?"

She regards him carefully, asking questions that definitely allude to more personal matters. Was he the type to never be satisfied? Almost certainly.

Another Pokemon falls to the Banette's attacks, and she chuckles as the Pokemon bounces back to Abner - seeking praise.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:02:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Abner allows the banette to crawl atop him and give his face snuggles, simply looking to Stormy with his own raised brow of curiousity.

"You fishin' there, Silphette?"

Certainly sounded like fishing, anyway.

"There are perks of a gengar I like verses the perks of the banette. Everybody should have a broad spectrum of a team. I need more poison types, I like ghost types, so gengar makes sense. Mostly, I just like gengars."

Talking about things he liked made him feel funny, or maybe it was the way the banette was licking his face and giving him kisses. When he finally stopped, he perked himself atop Abner's hair to begin braiding his hair and tying it in knots.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:06:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"No?"

What would she be fishing for? What did that even mean?

Stormy glances away, breaking eye contact and collapsing the spell that's placed on her every time she meets his gaze.

With a sharp whistle she recalls the Steelix, who seems grouchy, touchy, and ready for a nap.

She complies and sends out her Rhyhorn instead. The Pokemon stamps his feet and grunts, waiting for something new to pop out of the brush.

"What do you need poison types for?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:14:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I just like them. Poison types and dark types are favorites of mine."

More fuzzy talk, Abner's starting to frown. He glances to the rhyhorn and arches an eyebrow.

"Kinda like you seem to like ground and fire, huh?"

Excited he'd gotten the braids figured out, the banette looks toward the rhyhorn and watches the stamping fit. Was he sad? Did he need a hug? Maybe he wanted a treat! Digging into his own seemingly empty body, the banette floats over with a candy in his little hand that's got various bits of lint attached, offering it to the rhyhorn.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:19:28 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
An acceptable answer - she's just never met someone who preferred poison or dark types. They tended to be more sinister and unpredictable Pokemon. She'd encountered many uncouth sorts harboring aggressive dark-type Pokemon during Ranger missions.

"Yeah. I do like them. Steel types are pretty cool too."

She notes that his smile is gone and she loses her sense of chatty confidence. The last thing she'd intended was to kill their vibe.

Instead, she opts for silence while the Banette offers her Rhyhorn a treat. The Pokemon is curious, snuffling the Banette's hands before greedily crunching whatever it was he'd been given.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:22:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The banette claps, as if congratulating the rhyhorn on eating the treat and then pulls out another, and another, and another, just because the banette was a bit of a kleptomaniac when it came to random bits of food and other things it would snatch from people and places to offer to friends.

Cause he and the rhyhorn are totes friends just look how happy he is omg.

Abner on the other hand is bored. No gengars, apparently. They would've been taunted. He looks toward Stormy and arches an eyebrow.

"So... guess I'll see ya at the theatre Friday, huh?"

No, he hadn't forgotten about their date. Whether she wanted to call it that or not was beyond him.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:28:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Rhyhorn is thrilled to be hand-fed. He's since lost track of any motivation to look for trouble elsewhere, more than happy to be doted on and appreciated by this adorable Banette.

Stormy glances at Abner when he speaks up.

"Sure, yeah. I'll text you the details."

She offers a small smile.

"But this isn't a date. I told you, don't get any ideas."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:42:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Who, me?"

Abner's tone is dull and lacks amusement. He's being dry and sarcastic, until he grins at her to show he's just being an asswipe about it.

"Listen, if you don't think it's a date, then don't think it's a date. But for me? It's a fuckin' date. Were two grown adults goin' ta see a movie, alone, together, with nobody else but strangers. So yeah, it's a date. If you don't want it to be a date, don't go."

With that, he returns his banette and Zam, out of habit, comes closer to him. Whether it's impatience of her overprotective nature is up to perspective.

"Won't bust my balls either way."

He'd have to find some other form of entertainment if that were the case but, either way, he wasn't about to beg her to go on the date with him. He did want it clear it was a fuckin' date though.

"Also, one date doesn't make us a couple... you do know that, don't you?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hunting? [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 22:33:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
His response is firm, far more serious and aggressive than she had anticipated. It stirs something in her belly that makes her uncomfortable but at the same time excited. Or something akin to excitement. It made her skin crawl in a good way.

"Well. I guess it's a date then, Abner."

She smiles, shaking her head in amusement, but ultimately giving in.

When he returns his Pokemon she follows along, beaming Rhyhorn back into its Pokeball. But she's holding another one, rolling it in her palm as she studies his face.

"You're right."

But clearly there was a reason she was holding back, a self-defense mechanism, walls built up to protect herself. What was she protecting herself from, though? She couldn't even really remember.