2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
to teach whales to dance (mission)
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 11:06:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

If Sirena squeaked that rubber toy one more time, Skyler would go insane.

She should've been out in the ocean, getting away from this wretched heatwave. Alas, she'd offered to help the rangers and the people in the city survive through the searing temperatures and that meant no ocean.

Skyler stood in her small (and very dead) front garden with a hose in hand, washing away the salt from Icarus' steely feathers before the rust set in. The Pokémon in question seemed relaxed and relieved to be offered a respite from the heat. Skyler had half expected to see steam rising from Icarus' steely exterior when she first hosed him down.

The Skarmory stood in one of those kiddie pools. Skyler had bought it just for this purpose because it could fit a couple of medium sized Pokémon, even with Skarmory occupying a part of the space. A couple of small, colorful rubber toys floated in the water.

By the side of the house Sirena, her Lapras, was lounging in the shade amid a small field of ice she'd constructed herself using ICE BEAM. She'd stolen one of the rubber toys and, unfortunately for Skyler, it was one of the squeaky ones. She'd been hearing its annoying squeak for the best part of an hour - not constantly, but as soon as she thought Sirena had grown sick of her small game, the Lapras would go and squeak it again while looking Skyler right in the eyes.

She would have to find a way to wrestle it away from her. Somehow.

By the front gate was a lopsided sign with hand-drawn words: 'Come and refresh your Pokémon, free of charge!' It didn't have the best handwriting, but there was some effort put into it. There were all sorts of water Pokémon drawn on the sides and it was decorated with, of all things, glitter.

Okay, so maybe its design left something to be desired.

Skyler whistled cheerfully as the Skarmory shook his wings, splashing some of the water onto Skyler. 'Ah, who knew days off could be so relaxed...'

● tags:
● notes: heatwave mission

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 0:00:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop"]
[attr="class","rdwnetoplyric"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
[break]
+
WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","rdwnetop1"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop2"]
[attr="class","rdwnetop3"]

[attr="class","rdwnepost"]

Razz chose a hell of a day to not be a hermit. To top it off his usual attire of black on black didn't help things, nor did the cloth covering half his face but that last part was a necessity. Apparently many people were put off by his scar, and he's been told speech mannerism to others was awkward enough he didn't want to add on the people staring. So for now it would be something he would put up with, though he would probably really need to think of a change in wardrobe for something that maybe didn't have sleeves that cut off at the forearms. Though to add on to it all Salem decided to be sitting on his shoulder, rolled up against his neck and he meowed miserably about how hot it was. Not that Razz didn't offer the pokeball for better conditions, but Salem didn't care to listen to that part. [break][break]

Though he did receive an email if Rangers could offer up their services to help out the heated pokemon in need. He wasn't planning on trying it himself as he wasn't back in his home city for one, the other being that he lived on an island most people would just go to the water in such places. But he was traveling at the moment but with the hot day he figured see if there were any other rangers who were to help cool off his feline friend, and maybe he could see how they're better with people. Surely watching would make him improve.[break][break]

The young man paused in front of the sign which made it obvious that this was a ranger who was volunteering their time, and always he wasn't sure how to start with people. He could see the woman, who he assumed lived here, and was silent for a moment opening and closing his mouth as if he couldn't figure out how to say hello, damn his lack of social skills! Making up for his trainer's lack of social ability Salem did perk up from his shoulder crying out in hellos with a wave of his arms before he used his psychic abilities to lift himself near the pool and greeting the steel bird as it played a bit with the water, still continuing to surprise Razz despite knowing the cat since it hatched. Yeah just go ahead and go and leave me on my own, he coudln't help but think as he was still stuck near the sign, "Ummm... he likes water..." he finally found himself chuckling kicking himself mentally still cause that isn't how you say hi damn it. [break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot"]
    [attr="class","rdwneimg"]

[attr="class","rdwnebot1"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot2"]
    [attr="class","rdwnebot3"]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
    PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
    [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
    [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop]background-color:#999999;height:104px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d45d59;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwneimg img]height:70px;width:150px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
    she, her
    august 17
    Lilycove, Hoenn
    bisexual
    sailor / treasure hunter
    nautica owner
    how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
    awards
    2,345 posts
    skyler dross DOLLARS
    part of
    TAG WITH @skyler
    skyler dross
    POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 8:33:27 GMT
    skyler dross Avatar

Her first guest had arrived!

Skyler grinned widely as she noticed the Meowstick calling out what she supposed must have been an hello, then planting himself next to the pool and close to Icarus, who seemed curious about this new arrival.

Sirena, back in the shade, stretched her neck to observe with suspicious eyes these new arrivals. She was often leery of strangers, be it humans or Pokémon. Nevertheless, when it seemed like they were doing nothing wrong, she sniffed and relaxed, squeaking her toy again for good measure.

"Hello there! You can come into the pool if you'd like, and refresh yourself," she told the Meowstick, still working on hosing down the Skarmory. It was meticulous work, making sure she got to every joint that could possibly acquire rust. Thank the legendaries her Icarus was a patient Pokémon, unlike her other two.

Only then did she look around for the Pokémon's trainer; she highly doubted that it was a wild Pokémon given that they were in a city (albeit more on the outskirts) and that the Meowstick wasn't shy around people.

Skyler blinked owlishly at the sight of the young man (at least she was pretty sure it was a young man) covered head to toe in black clothes. Wasn't he hot in this weather? He must be sweating like crazy in those clothes! 'I mean, kudos for the fashion statement and I'm all for being yourself no matter what, but... That doesn't look comfortable. At all.'

She looked down at her loose t-shirt and gym shorts. Skyler wouldn't know fashion if it hit her in the face with a bat. Still, she was comfortable enough.

The young man seemed to be having some difficulty with words and Skyler's eyebrows went up when he finally spoke. "Yeah, he's more than welcome to refresh himself. It's what I'm here for." She looked back at the Pokémon in the pool and smiled. "He seems to be getting along with Icarus." The steel bird was curiously poking at Salem's forehead.

And then, because she couldn't hold it in any longer, she blurted out. "Aren't you hot in those clothes? I mean, I'm sweating just looking at you. You'll have a stroke or something in this heatwave. I think I have a spare t-shirt in my house, if you'd like." She paused for a moment. "It's dark blue." Not quite black, but maybe it would be dark enough for the young man's tastes.

● tags:
    ● notes: that's skyler, just giving out clothes to random people in the street lol

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

King

he/him
    May 24
    Sootopolis City
    Uninterested
    Ranger
    Slateport Ranger Captain
    5'10 height
    5'10 height
    awards
    3,204 posts
    part of
    TAG WITH @razz
    Razz Kingsman
    POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 9:45:08 GMT
    Razz Kingsman Avatar
    [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
    [break]
    +

Salem looked at her as she welcomed him and offered for him to go int he pool, he looked to the water, then to her, the water, her. Nah was his simple thought as while he liked to play with water going in it was slightly different, but maybe after. A mischievous little grin did spread on his cheeks as he made small splashes at first enjoying the way the light sparkled in it and felt like it made little mini rainbow spots. For fun afterward he would try to splash at the steel bird for fun when it started to poke at his head. Splash attack! [break][break]

Well at least one of them was having fun, Razz couldn't help but think to himself as she commented how Salem was getting along with her Skarmory. Oh right names! He probably should've started with that, or wait was it too late now? Wait no she didn't give him her name right? Ugg why was interacting with people feel so awkward for him. "Umm uhh thank you," he managed to blurt out for her services, Razz turning his head to the side to see the Laprus that was previously in his blind spot. Mostly noticing her from the sound of the squeaking toy, with her Razz managed a slightly friendlier smile before turning back to the women as she suddenly blurted out about his fashion choice. Oh right he was hot, his distraction of trying to manage socialization almost made him forget he was sweating. [break][break]

Again he was at a pause for words, the way his eye shifted made it clear that he was trying to think of his words before he spoke. He really missed the days where he could just let his brother do the social talking. Razz took another minute to finally get his thoughts into words, "Hi I'm Razz and thats Salem," he introduced himself first trying to take things one step at a time in his mind, "And I thank you for the offer but don't want to bother taking your clothes..." wait no shit that isn't how people word things Razz, "I mean ummm I'm used to this," he tried again before rolling up his sleeve as if to see that would make him seem less hot than he was. [break][break]

"So do you do this often?" he tried to add on in order to change the subject, his single eye shifting down to watching Salem trying to splash the big bird in the pool.

[break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
      PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
      [/div]

[googlefont=Teko:300,400][googlefont=Inconsolata:400,700][googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
      [newclass=.rdwne]width:475px;background-color:#323232;color:#444444;letter-spacing:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric]text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;text-align:right;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;padding-bottom:5px;color:#ffffff;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;float:right;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric b]font:40px Teko;line-height:36px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div]font:bold 8px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;height:8px;padding:5px 7px;background-color:#393939;float:right;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetoplyric div b]font:bold 6px Inconsolata;line-height:8px;padding-right:5px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop1]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #2d2d2d;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop2]height:104px;width:5px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-right:-30px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnetop3]height:0px;width:0px;float:right;border-top:solid 52px transparent;border-bottom:solid 52px transparent;border-right:solid 30px #323232;margin-right:-25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost]color:#999999; border-left:solid 1px #2d2d2d;border-right:solid 1px #2d2d2d;padding:45px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#999999;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot]background-color:#2d2d2d;padding:22px 25px 28px 25px;text-align:left;font:20px Teko;line-height:20px;height:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot b, .rdwnebot a]font:20px Teko!important;line-height:20px;color:#ffffff!important;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwneimg]height:70px;width:150px;float:right;margin:-22px -25px -28px -25px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot1]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot2]width:5px;height:70px;float:right;background-color:#323232;margin-top:-22px;[/newclass]
      [newclass=.rdwnebot3]float:right;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 35px transparent;border-bottom:solid 35px transparent;border-left:solid 20px #2d2d2d;margin:-22px -20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
      close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
      she, her
      august 17
      Lilycove, Hoenn
      bisexual
      sailor / treasure hunter
      nautica owner
      awards
      2,345 posts
      skyler dross DOLLARS
      part of
      TAG WITH @skyler
      skyler dross
      POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 21:08:23 GMT
      skyler dross Avatar

Icarus didn't seem to mind the splashes too much; the look in his eyes was curious as he continued prodding at the smaller creature before him. He let out a metallic croon that Skyler recognized as curiosity and interest. The Meowstick, Salem, seemed like such a gentle Pokémon too. That was good. Skyler smiled at the two of them and nearly jumped when Sirena squeaked her toy again.

That damn rubber toy.

The young man seemed to be having some difficulty with words and took a bit of time before responding. Skyler waited patiently for a little while, but she wasn't known for being the most patient of people. Just as she was about to repeat her question, the young man spoke. She maintained her neutral expression while he spoke and crossed her arms in front of her chest as he finished speaking.

"I'm Skyler Dross, professional diver and treasure hunter. Good samaritan on my off days," she grinned, foregoing her usual handshake due to Razz's apparent nervousness. She waved away the young man's worries. Skyler was honestly more concerned about him fainting in her front garden than losing an old t-shirt. "It's not a bother, you're not getting a new one," she gaid, jokingly. "Honestly it's probably a bit faded and worn, but it's better than dying of heat, ey?"

Skyler quickly opened her front door. "Nope, first time!" she answered to his last question as she disappeared inside. In less than ten seconds she was back out with the faded t-shirt in her hands. Her grin was bright and friendly. "Are you sure you don't want this? It has air-conditioning," she laughed, pointing at a small hole in it. "If you want, you can change in the bathroom and I'll take care of your Salem in the meanwhile. He's in good company. Promise."

● tags:
      ● notes: ...

close tab

played by

King

he/him
      May 24
      Sootopolis City
      Uninterested
      Ranger
      Slateport Ranger Captain
      5'10 height
      5'10 height
      awards
      3,204 posts
      part of
      TAG WITH @razz
      Razz Kingsman
      POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 4:07:51 GMT
      Razz Kingsman Avatar
      [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
      [break]
      +

"I suppose.." was his answer about the whole 'dying of heat' comment before his mind wondered a bit maybe he should try to think of this in a different light as the woman went to get her spare shirt. Whenever he tried social stuff like this he was nothing but a wreck but on missions he managed to speak better maybe if he tried getting himself in a more 'mission mode' that should be easier. Razz tried to think of details on how he could attempt to change his outlook to try to be better before she exited out with a shirt. Okay come on Razz you could do this, he thought to himself as he looked at the shirt. The young man just stared at her awkwardly at her comment of it having 'built in air condition' and confused with the laugh. Her house had it? No wait.... the holed shirt...[break][break]

...[break][break]
      .....[break][break]

Oh it was a joke! Another pause in his head, it was probably too late to laugh at that. Though after her continued persisting he supposed it wouldn't hurt to ditch the baseball tee. "Yeah okay thank you," he said with bow of his head taking the offered shirt, "but be careful with him, he likes to cause trouble," he warned as he went inside to change the shirt really quick. [break][break]

As if on cue Salem's eyes flashed blue as his trainer went to go changed, the little cat pokemon grabbing one of his pokeballs and bringing it over to himself showing it off to Icarus and Skyler. With a little meow meow to communicate something akin to 'watch this,' he opened the pokeball that contained his sister which released her in the water, and unlike her brother she very much did not like it! After being released from her pokeball she jumped up and away now floating in the air with her psychic abilities as she was hissing at the laughing, blue cat for the moment ignoring the others.

[break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
        PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
        [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
        she, her
        august 17
        Lilycove, Hoenn
        bisexual
        sailor / treasure hunter
        nautica owner
        awards
        2,345 posts
        skyler dross DOLLARS
        part of
        TAG WITH @skyler
        skyler dross
        POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 9:05:15 GMT
        skyler dross Avatar

Skyler just ploughed through the distinct air of awkwardness exuding from Razz, lifting an eyebrow when he took his sweet time replying to her. "Well? Come on, I don't want you to faint." She shook the t-shirt in her hands, inviting him to take it. When he finally accepted her offer, she grinned and directed him to the bathroom.

"The house is small, so you won't get lost. See that door on the right? That's the one. Go ahead," she gave the young man a small push. "Don't worry, I'll take care of your Pokémon."

As soon as Razz was out of her sight she turned to face the kiddie pool only to find a chaotic mess where there once had been calm and quiet. She had to blink several times before her brain processed the whole picture. There were now two cats in the pool - well, one in the pool who did not look happy at all - and Salem outside looking, dare she say it, smug.

Icarus, her poor darling, looked terribly confused.

She put her most no-nonsense expression (usually reserved for wannabe divers who thought they knew everything and unnecessarily risked their lives) and marched to the pool. The new cat Pokémon was now floating above the pool, clearly using its psychic powers to escape the water. Skyler didn't want an irritated psychic Pokémon anywhere near her house.

"I take it you don't like water," she told the floating Pokémon. "If you'd like, Sirena there," and she pointed to the Lapras, "created a cool, refreshing corner if you'd like to get out of the heat. No water involved."

Then she turned to Salem, who was still kind of sniggering. "And you behave, little rascal. I'm watching you." She pointed to her own two eyes and then to him, but there was a teasing lilt to her voice. She meant it when she said that he had to behave, but she also wanted these guys to have fun.

"Are you ready?" She called out to Razz, picking up the hose again and continuing the meticulous chore of ridding Icarus of any sort of sea salt.

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
        May 24
        Sootopolis City
        Uninterested
        Ranger
        Slateport Ranger Captain
        5'10 height
        5'10 height
        awards
        3,204 posts
        part of
        TAG WITH @razz
        Razz Kingsman
        POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 21:09:39 GMT
        Razz Kingsman Avatar
        [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
        [break]
        +

Razz barley had the time to take his shirt off when he heard the very angry, and familiar meow and hiss from outside. What a minute, the young man check his belt and sure enough Sabrina's ball was removed. Cursing inside his head Razz quickly moved outside again to try and handle the problem only to see Skyler already on it thankfully. Though he doubted either cat would listen no matter what kind of demeanor she would give. As it was it was the white Meowstic at first ignored her words as she was meowing in anger and annoyance about the other cat. Razz quickly came up beside her, "Now now none of that, lets just dry you off and you can go over there to cool off?" Razz said as he offered the shirt he took off Sabrina to use. The cat just puffed her cheeks before taking his shirt from him and floating over to where the Lapras was to dry off and enjoy the shade, oh wait that shirt was going to be full of white hair later... oh well.
        [break][break]

Meanwhile the blue Meowstic just gave his most 'what did i do? ( ⓛ ω ⓛ *)' sort of look over at Skyler at her comment as if he's never done a single thing wrong in his life. Brat, was all Razz could think as he put on the navy shirt to avoid getting burned from the sun. Making sure that the cloth that covered most his face wasn't interrupted. "So super sorry about that," he quickly apologized to her finding himself causing her nothing but trouble. "Anyway I could help you out or something to apologize for this one?" Razz offered seeming to have a slightly easier time with words at the moment as hies eyes glanced to Salem who was just making bubbles in the water by blowing in it.

[break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
          PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
          [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
          she, her
          august 17
          Lilycove, Hoenn
          bisexual
          sailor / treasure hunter
          nautica owner
          awards
          2,345 posts
          skyler dross DOLLARS
          part of
          TAG WITH @skyler
          skyler dross
          POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 13:53:17 GMT
          skyler dross Avatar

Skyler blinked owlishly when Razz came out of her house holding two t-shirts in his hands and none on his torso. She'd thought him shy, and wanted to give him some privacy, but it seemed like it hadn't been needed in the first place. Or maybe he'd just been alerted by the 

Razz quickly dealt with his two Pokémon, giving his black shirt to the female Pokémon so she could dry herself off. The Pokémon seemed to still be sulking, but floated herself to the shaded spot next to Sirena. The Lapras didn't seem very happy to be sharing her space, but simply snorted and squeaked her toy, making some more ice around her with ICE BEAM.

The other cat, Salem, was sporting the most innocent face Skyler imagined a feline Pokémon could have and it made her laugh loudly. "You're a troublemaker, that's what you are," she told the Meowstick. "You're lucky you're so adorable."

When Skyler turned to face the young man, he'd already dressed the t-shirt she'd given him. "Better?" She asked, throwing some water on the back of her neck to try and cool off a little bit. She suddenly had the urge to just step into the pool and lie down. That would be amazing.

"Hmmm?" Skyler only caught the last part of Razz's sentence, but could easily guess the rest. "Ah no, it's no problem. No lasting damage, so you don't really need to apologize."

There was a small pause as Skyler's eyes moved again to the kiddie pool. "Boy, that pool looks inviting, doesn't it?" She hadn't meant to say it out loud, but didn't mind that she did. There weren't many Pokémon in the pool anyway, so... Why not?

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
          May 24
          Sootopolis City
          Uninterested
          Ranger
          Slateport Ranger Captain
          5'10 height
          5'10 height
          awards
          3,204 posts
          part of
          TAG WITH @razz
          Razz Kingsman
          POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 9:56:00 GMT
          Razz Kingsman Avatar
          [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
          [break]
          +

Sabrina looked at the taller pokemon up and down not entirely impressed, but she was in a bad mood she wasn't going to be impressed by much. She just gives the ice pokemon a meow of thanks as she enjoys the icy shade as she uses Razz's shirt to dry off. For now choosing to ignore the squeak. [break][break]

Meanwhile in the kiddie pool Salem just gave her the biggest of grins at her compliment giving her a meow in a tone that easily read off with 'and i know it too' sort of way which made the young man chuckle a bit. Razz was always happy with how cheery the blue cat could be despite what they've been through together. When she asked him a question he seemed confused for a moment trying to think what she meant by better after getting distracted with his cats its almost like their topic before was forgotten. "Oh right the heat! Umm," he looks down at the borrowed shirt, "Yes... better, though with the short sleeves I might catch a sun tan this way," he tried to force out a joke as he pointed to his pale skin, whether the joke would do well who knew but he liked to think that he was trying![break][break]

He looked down to the pool as she mentioned it, personally not seeing the appeal as it was a 'kiddy' pool it was for kids, not that he would know as hes never tried but with Razz's lack of response Salem was up for perking up again. The blue cat used psychic to lift himself up again and get behind to give her a light shove as if encouraging her to join him. Salem calling out to the steel pokemon to help him convince her, he would make it his job for the humans to have some way to cool off too.

[break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
            PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
            [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
            she, her
            august 17
            Lilycove, Hoenn
            bisexual
            sailor / treasure hunter
            nautica owner
            awards
            2,345 posts
            skyler dross DOLLARS
            part of
            TAG WITH @skyler
            skyler dross
            POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 11:18:11 GMT
            skyler dross Avatar

Skyler looked dubiously at Razz's pale skin before a lopsided grin took over her face. "Yeah, spend a little more time in the sun and you'll become like me," she motioned to her own tanned skin -- the product of countless days spend in her boat in the middle of the ocean. "But seriously, unless you intend on bursting into flames, you should really consider the shade. Ah, wait!"

Skyler disappeared into her house and was out again in a flash. Her smile was mischievous as she approached the young man and plopped a bright yellow wide-brimmed hat onto his head. "You look dashing," she told him, winking.

Mission accomplished, Skyler was about to grab the hose again to finish showering Skarmory when she felt a slight push in the pool's direction. "What do you think you're doing, you little rascal?" She asked the Meowstick behind her, who seemed hellbent on having her join their playtime.

'Ah, to hell with it. Might as well join them while there's space in the pool.'

She rolled her eyes, but took her flip-flops off, along with her white t-shirt and gym shorts, showcasing the sporty swimming suit underneath. The water was blessedly fresh as she took her first steps into it. In no time Skyler was laying down, most of her body submerged in the water, her head laying back against the edge of the pool. Ah, this was so much better. She looked at the feline Pokémon from the corner of her eyes and splashed him when he wasn't looking. Two could play at that game!

Meanwhile, Lapras was scoffing at the childish attitudes going on in the pool. Like the queen of her own kingdom, she made some more ice and lay down on it, doing her best to ignore the other feline by her side.

● tags:

close tab

played by

King

he/him
            May 24
            Sootopolis City
            Uninterested
            Ranger
            Slateport Ranger Captain
            5'10 height
            5'10 height
            awards
            3,204 posts
            part of
            TAG WITH @razz
            Razz Kingsman
            POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 6:15:30 GMT
            Razz Kingsman Avatar
            [nospaces]

[attr="class","rdwne"]

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT
            [break]
            +

"I'm pretty sure I'd just burn than tan," he retorted about looking like her seeming confused when she went back into her home before coming out with a silly straw hat and he stiffened up when she put it on him. He didn't have a mirror but he could only imagine how ridiculous it made him look. 'Doubt it,' he couldn't help but think to himself about it, but he was socializing.. this was fiiiiiine... Not really but he'd deal with it as he decided to take her advice and go to the shade for now trying to be between the kiddie pool and the shade are where the Laprus and Sabrina were at so that he could keep an eye on both of his cats as he allowed them to cool off. [break][break]

When Sirena made more ice Sabrina decided to help herself to it by breaking off a piece with her Psychic, crushing it and wrapping it up with Razz's shirt before putting it on her head. Making herself her own makeshift ice pack. Meanwhile the face Salem made when he was splashed was utter shock (ↀДↀ)!! It was almost like he wasn't being the perfect angel, but he just smiled devilishly before his eyes flashed blue and he used Psychic to grab all the water from the kiddie pool to lift it up and splash it all back down on all three of them: Skyler, Icarus, and himself! He knew how to win wars.[break][break]

Razz could do nothing but watch him giving a small chuckle at the scene in front of him. If nothing else hes glad his partner was having fun.

[break][break]

[/sub][/ul]

[break]

[/div]

MISSION FOR

[/div]
              PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
              [/div]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
              she, her
              august 17
              Lilycove, Hoenn
              bisexual
              sailor / treasure hunter
              nautica owner
              awards
              2,345 posts
              skyler dross DOLLARS
              part of
              TAG WITH @skyler
              skyler dross
              POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 9:53:48 GMT
              skyler dross Avatar

"Good thing I gave you the hat then," Skyler replied, grinning up at him as she distractedly played with the water. "You don't have to wear it of course, but I thought it'd help." The young man really was quite pale and Skyler could totally see him sporting a bright red sunburn. The young woman couldn't remember the last time she'd been sunburned. Her poor skin had learned to deal with taking huge amounts of sunlight and Skyler herself had never been very pale to begin with.

Fortunately Razz went to stand in the shade, which was for the better given the sudden rise in temperatures. Skyler could see a couple of people hanging near her sign, probably wondering if there was still some space for their own Pokémon. Skyler was about to get up and greet the newcomers when the water around her suddenly disappeared.

'Huh?'

She looked up just in time to get a full kiddie pool worth of water in the face. She fumbled and sputtered, her hair glued to her face, as she fought to keep her balance. It was a close thing, but her sea legs used to dealing with moving surfaces came in handy when she managed to balance herself out. "You!" She loudly exclaimed, looking at the Meowstick, who was sneakier than she'd thought.

Skyler let out a sigh and shook her head, droplets of water flying everywhere. "I guess I deserved that, picking a water fight with a Psychic type," she said, winking at the Meowstick to show that she wasn't angry.

It was shaping up to be an interesting day, Skyler decided, as she walked to her front gate in order to greet the newcomers.

● tags:
              ● notes: finished!!!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
              he/him
              October 13
              GONGAGA
              gongaga-romantic
              gongager
              gongago
              me?
              gongaga
              808 height
              808 height
              WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
              awards
              38,652 posts
              shiv DOLLARS
              part of
              TAG WITH @shiv
              shiv
              POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 19:22:06 GMT
              shiv Avatar
              [attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
              [attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x tm/tr.
              [break]