8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH CO. & CO DEFENSE 2 (PKTHN)
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:37:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Everyone's familiar with it this time around?"

Their first attempt had been 'adequate' and by all means solid. However, meeting the bare minimum is not satisfactory for a Silph. They must conquer with such a dominating performance that no one else dares to question their timing. Which is why they face the challenge again.

As per tradition, Fernando's MOODY Smeargle corrals his Pokemon into giving the Mudsdale a good luck slap on the ass. With the amount of hand prints on it's behind, it's a miracle that the Pokemon isn't BEAT UP.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:45:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

"Yup."[break][break]

Going in with a solid strategy and a cohesive team lends Gavin a burst of energy he'd been lacking in earlier rounds. He hasn't even bothered to dismount from the Mudsdale; its STAMINA seems endless even as it takes another beating.[break][break]

They take off with the thundering of hooves.[break][break]

sD|jrDeO + 60

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: 179/2000 / 2 posts

[attr="class","tag"]@tag

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:50:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she's already winded and bruised and oh god, he can't be serious, right? the drinks before this were not the move, man.

"um, yeah," she barely manages to mumble out before it's starting all over again. the plan is solid but man, these obstacles? they're not forgiving. her espeon stares up at her for a moment before psyching up and following suit. an exhausted huff escapes but off illeana goes, following fernando and gavin to the first obstacle on wobbly legs.

mOCb_4w8 +60
post 3
@ defense 2

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:51:54 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel examines the mudsdale from a distance as his woobat PSYCHS UP. he might have felt bad for the pokemon, were it not for the utter calm it seemed to project.
[break][break]
"yeah," he finally says, letting his woobat take the lead before him.
LFW3WyRO+ 60

PSYCH UP (+6)

[break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 452

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"] [attr="class","darkKtag"] [attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:55:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Smooth."

The compliment means more than they'll ever know. Mostly because Fernando considers his own start lackluster in comparison to their own. The fact that none of them seem to point it out is something he's glad for, if only because he's the one pushing them. But enough of that — it's his Smeargle that needs to PSYCH UP, not him.

As they overtake him, Fernando rears back up, holding the Smeargle by the scruff of its neck to block an incoming attack.

yiK6vV5Z+60

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:58:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Honestly, cruising through this course with Mudsdale is way more fun than the bruise-inducing assault he'd been putting himself through earlier. Now it's his Pokemon that withstands the bulk of the obstacles, barely seeming to budge even when its side-swiped by particularly quick ones.[break][break]

Gavin's grinning as the Mudsdale leaps over another gap, feeling the impact rattle up through his bones.[break][break]

ByCHNqWI + 60

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: 703/2000 / 6 posts

[attr="class","tag"]@tag

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:03:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]oh god, that poor smeargle.

anyway, she's running and running and things are coming up and out of left field. holy shit, these obstacles are no joke. her espeon seems to be having fun, another psych up allowing the cat to clear the next obstacle. illeana? yeah, she's struggling just a bit. gotta keep pushing forward, though. she's beginning to feel mild jealousy toward gavin, if only because riding that mudsdale sounds a lot better than another obstacle to the face.

Q1AQ7vEb +60
total | 833/2000
@ defense 2

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:10:32 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the mudsdale proves to be better help than expected. marcel's grateful for gavin's presence, and perhaps slightly envious. his woobat clears the next jump with ease--bringing the flying-type was the right choice--before marcel follows with as much grace as his tired legs would allow.
IxTdRj7k+ 60

PSYCH UP (+6)

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 979

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:15:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good job, Smeargle."

The Pokemon frowns, giving its trainer a thumbs up. The promise of an unmatched supply of paints and ink is the only reason the Smeargle puts itself through such hardships. If there's anyone that can deliver on that promise, it's Silph. So, despite being used as a human shield, it accepts the notion with grace.

And Fernando continues to carry the Pokemon, less sturdy but much faster than the smaller Pokemon.

bEVE7Jxv+60

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:19:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The others catch up, surpass. Fernando seems to be performing exceptionally well despite a slow start; no wonder he was a teammate in high demand.[break][break]

Marcel is equally consistent, and Gavin grins over at him in greeting as the other man does his best to keep up with his Woobat. His exhaustion is reminiscent of how Gavin had felt before he'd acquired the luxury of a mount to run this course for him.[break][break]

kjGqfWIw + 60

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: 1218/2000 / 10 posts

[attr="class","tag"]@tag

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:25:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]so far, they're actually doing pretty well? keeping pace and even performing above the previous standard set. it's impressive, to say the least. each one of the men are probably blowing her out of the water but little illeana and her purple cat are keeping up all the same.

she bobs and weaves with her espeon and where the psychic type goes under, she'll go over. in sync enough to not falter yet, she's grinning by the time she gets closer to the next.

U|DbATY4 +60
total | 1338/2000
@ defense 2

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:30:01 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]he shoots gavin a lazy salute in response, eyes soon shifting to the next jump. marcel holds back a groan, channelling his frustration into his run up. he's done this enough times that making it to the other side is easy enough--hopefully it'll stay that way for the remainder of the course.
U0zx2B2Y+ 60

PSYCH UP (+6)

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 1413

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 1:35:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]They're so close to the finish line. Fernando's the last one among them but he's gaining ground. In an attempt to route their run, he snatches his Smeargle by the neck and rears his hand forward. Similar to the way he handled his Marill in the attack course, he throws the Pokemon with all his might. As if used to this, the Smeargle flies through the air, nonchalant, landing on both feet with canine precision.

"Time!"

It is Fernando who's left heaving as he collapses.

"Good job team. Take five," he wheezes out, chest visible pumping with each exhale.

7wXm1LHx+60

GRAND TOTAL: 1504

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?