awards
1,145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 1:31:24 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Her grip was tight on the shovel she'd found, her knuckles nearly white as they walked out of the shed. Summer shivered again, the cold that had been momentarily blocked by the shelter finding a way to ache into her bones. However, she gave Remiel's hand a squeeze as he took hers once more.

She'd follow his lead.

She couldn't see anyone in the town. But she had this feeling of being watched. Like a painting staring at you within the confines of its canvas. Their eyes, evermoving no matter where you went. No matter where Summer looked, not a soul was seen.

But their gazes were hard.

The scarecrows amplified an unsettling feeling within Summer. Though Remy may feel safer, she was still spooked. She shuddered, looking away before speaking.

"Have you ever been dragged into one of these illusions with someone? Could it be that my presence is enhancing the details?" she inquired.

"That perhaps... it has more to feed off of. Therefore it has more to produce, to amplify our fears."
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 5:08:17 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]
Remiel notes Summer's suggestion with a hint of shivering trepidation in his eyes. If that were the case then he truly wouldn't know what to expect. "That's likely..." He admits as the crunch of their soles on rough ground softens to the dirt of a seemingly well-traveled farm pathway. "My first time experiencing its power occurred in the catacombs of Hammerlocke... though I suspect it's grown much stronger sin—"[break][break]

Words are ripped from his throat when he spots something amidst the stalks of corn. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd sworn he'd seen it. But, once he turns, it DISAPPEARS. Only the vague memory of it remains in his mind:[break][break]

[break]
Summer might have seen it out of the corner of her eye as well: twin rows of viciously macabre teeth, so rotten and yellow as to be ears of sharpened corn themselves, fixed in a taunting and torn open grin. Leathery skin, seemingly blackened by burning and infested with maggots, frames a vaguely humanoid form. Eyes that smolder like fire stare at them with odd and aggressive delight; standing hairs on end.[break][break]

When those goosebumps slowly begin to fade, however, and he realizes there doesn't seem to be anything amidst the corn anymore, Remiel turns back to Summer. His eyes ask if she'd seen that, but he utters something different before too long. "I think we might be reaching the border of the illusion now... are you ready?"
[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 20:39:43 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Anything that he was about to say was cut off by a quick flash. Whatever was seen by the two of them was gone like that, in an instant. But she could swear to Arceus, she had seen it.

Those curling, crawling maggots.

Yellow-lined rows of pointed daggers in a mouth, waiting in a strangely curled smile.

Summer didn't have to say a word to know that Remy had seen something: she could see his skin crawling if she looked hard enough, see his hairs raising on his arms before he looked back to her. Yet nothing was said or exchanged about what was briefly seen between them. As if it was a monster from a children's book, brought back by saying its name...

Whatever wine they had drunk was out of their system by now, for sure.

"I suppose as ready as I'll ever be," she murmured, clenching the shovel tightly as they approached.
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:35:42 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
Remiel nods and, together, the pair cautiously approach the homestead ahead.[break][break]

The hand that tightens its grip on his weapon grows clammy. The breath that escapes his nostrils fumes like smoke in the freezing cold air. And it isn't too long before they begin to notice everything around starting to... rot.[break][break]

In a matter of seconds, the farmhouse and its surrounding structures take upon a grisly appearance. Black mold covers the surface of nearly everything. Sickening pus oozes from cracks in the wood. And the 'moon' above is tainted with a blood red glow amidst the ominous grey shroud of encroaching clouds above.[break][break]

When a low moan erupts from an unknown location, however, Remiel brings them to a sudden stop with a gesture from his free hand.[break][break]

What sounds like a 'clink' rings out in the silence that follows. Then, suddenly, shadow figures dart to and fro from their periphery. Instinctively, Remiel seizes Summer's arm and positions himself with his back against her own.[break][break]

"Goetia wants us to feel surrounded. It feeds on our fear." He explains, holding his pair of garden shears up defensively. "Don't fall for its ruse, Summer. Don't be another—"

"R-Remiel?"
[break]

A dark silhouette from the other side of the farmhouse door mutters. Slowly, the doorknob turns with a haunting squeal. Then, this figure stumbles out onto the cobweb covered front porch before steadying himself on one of its wooden pillars. In the dim light of the blood red moon, a disgusting visage is revealed:[break][break]

[break]

A trio of 'clinks' ring out from somewhere nearby. Remiel doesn't pay them any notice, however, as cobalt hues widen with a horrifying realization. Though slack-jawed and mutilated, he recognizes that face. It belonged to the youngest intern under his tutelage at the HAMMERLOCKE CATACOMBS expedition: RONALD MCAGGIN.[break][break]

"Help me..." He whines.[break][break]

And, as if hypnotized, Remiel releases Summer and takes a step forward.
[break]
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 17:30:56 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer definitely felt surrounded. She felt her heart jump into her chest, beating wildly, as the place began to reek, to drip, to mold. She could gag, leaning against Remiel's back as he turned around. She reached down, grabbing onto his wrist as she covered her mouth with her other hand.

"Remy. I don't-"

But they were cut off. She turned her head, her eyes wide, as she spotted the person. Almost looking as though they matched the room, dangerous and rotting. Summer felt another wave of nausea, scared to even look forward. Because what if she saw someone like her father? Or her brother?

"Help me..."

"Remy, remember what you said."

But he started to walk. Oh, Arceus, he was walking away. What did she do? Summer tightened the grip on his wrist, trying to pull him back.

"Remy! Remy, snap out of it! It's fake! Remy!"

She darted forward, pushed her hands on his chest to push him back.
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 12:18:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[break]

Confusion hits him like a bag of bricks when Summer pulls him back. Remiel appears dazed and confused, like an Alzheimer's patient who had just wandered out of his nursing home to find himself somewhere unknown. And, unfortunately, her urgency falls on deaf ears as the mutilated figure in front of them lurches forward to close the distance with an unnaturally open maw.[break][break]

Thankfully, Summer pushes Remiel out of the way just in time to avoid a swift bite to the neck. Rather than continue going after the royal, however, the creature turns its attention to the blue-haired heiress instead. His face contorts as he snaps his jaw back into place with an oozing hand. When he speaks, at first, it's nothing but garbled gibberish. As he lurches towards her, however, actual words begin to filter through.[break][break]

"ICH... I'LL... KILL... YUOU!" It growls, reaching out with a single hand as erratic steps hasten in pace. "DON'T YOU WANT TO SEE DEAR OLD DADDY?" It adds with a sick humour in its voice; no intention to make the DECEPTION believable. "COME HERE! I'LL TAKE YOU TO HIM!"[break][break]

And, suddenly, it takes a surprising leap in an attempt to pin Summer down.[break]

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 0:27:28 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer only had a moment of relief that she managed to get Remiel out of the way. Somehow, she'd managed to step out of the way again, swiping her rusted spade forward to make contact with this thing.

Goetia...

However, it crumbled, much to her dismay, breaking into pieces due to rust and age. She cursed, throwing the handle to the ground as she tried to push her companion away.

It seemed this thing changed targets, locking in on her as it dripping hand snapped its jaw back into place. Summer's hand churned, and she could've thrown up if she wasn't in a fight or flight mode, her adrenaline pumping in her veins.

"Remiel, we have to go, now-"

She let out a surprised screech, fear making her blood freeze like ice had been injected into her. The air was knocked out of her body as the thing jumped and pinned her to the ground. She was dazed, trying to catch her breath as she saw the snarling maw coming for her face.

With a roll, Summer managed to dodge the bite.

"Help!"

Was he going to leave her there to die?
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rich get richer [m]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 3:58:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: