angelo vestri
4am
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 11:34:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

4am. Lilycove Harbour. [break][break]

On the horizon a slither of weak yellow light peeks above the waters, morning scarcely here as the full moon begins its slow plummet. And while the rest of Hoenn have their heads squashed against their plush pillows Angelo stands, bright eyed, on the wooden pier that houses his seaplane. [break][break]

It might have something to do with the slight morning chill in the oceanic air and the caffeine swirling thick through his veins. [break][break]

Okay. I lied. So sue me.” There is no repentance to be found in a troublesome grin when approaches their meeting spot. [break][break]

After months of radio silence, when he finally managed to catch her, Angelo had struck by insisting he needed her help with a mission. Only when she arrived, instead of finding his aircraft purring and ready for flight, the Elite Four would see the Cessna silently bobbing on gentle waves. She, much like the rest of the world, sound asleep. [break][break]

Only please don’t. You probably have a fancy family lawyer and I have bills to pay.” Angelo, at least, holds out a coffee as a peace offering for his deception.[break][break]

But since you’re already here, you can keep me company. I was just about to head out.” As he'd planned.

[attr="class","angelotag"]

[attr="class","angelonotes"]

notes.

autumnal bingo: full moon

[attr="class","angelopokes"]

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelow] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelopokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
4am
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 1:03:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"I'm seriously about to. Let me just email my lawyer."

Her voice is thick with sleep, bags under her eyes, barely brushed through hair- the whole shebang. But she's here, because he asked her to be, and it was time to pull down the blanket covers and get a move on. Life went on, shit happened, she couldn't just keep hiding behind closed doors.

Ice cream couldn't fix what was broken.

"Ugh. Stop smiling."

The urge to reach up and pinch his cheek to pull that troublesome grin right off of his face is powerful- but her unease wins the war. She doesn't reach for him at all, and keeps distance between them. What warmth she used to give off is suddenly cold, like a stiff breeze.

Angelo does, however, extend a gift in the form of a hot cup of coffee. Stormy glances between it and his face, a moment of anxiety flickering across her face. There was nothing to be worried about, she knew, but paranoia creeps at the back of her mind.

She reaches for the cup, avoiding brushing her fingers against his, and pulls it close to her chest.

"Crisis averted-- this time."

Slowly, she lifts the cup to her lips and takes a slow sip. Her exhale leaves condensation against the lid.

"Where are you going?"
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
4am
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 19:36:05 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

But you brighten up my morning so.” Stormy’s demand is met only with an unabashed response, cheesiness eased by the satirical melody that breezes off his lips. It’s how they’d usually interact, harmlessly teasing and elbowing one another without fear of offense. [break][break]

Only hesitance drifts like a cold winter chill between them. Angelo is quick to find that wherein his friend would usually gravitate towards him, whether that be friendly slaps on the arm or sending back a spitfire rebuttal, distance sits hollow between them.[break][break]

It was ridiculously early, she’s probably tired, he reasoned. [break][break]

But that did not account for how difficult she’d been to contact the last few months. [break][break]

The market.” Angelo's expression relaxes, comfortable. Easily hiding his concern as he nods towards the stretch of Lilycove docks, tiny dots of activity bustling in the distance. “I want to see what the catch of the day is. Can’t beat fresh fish.”[break][break]

The thought of the bustling market stalls and its feast of produce, both cooked and ready to take back as ingredients, has saliva pooling beneath his tongue even this early in the morning.
[break][break]
And breakfast is always better with company.

notes.

autumnal bingo: feast

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
4am
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 17:16:30 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
His response genuinely stuns her. His unabashedness, his lazy smile, the ease of which he made such a bold and warm statement. Once upon a time, she would have sought out those sorts of replies, pined for that sort of warmth. Now, it almost feels foreign, as if he must be speaking through her, or to someone else.

It immediately gives her the urge to run.

Fortunately, the cool wind and her tired expression keep her feet rooted to the spot. She stands across from him, arms wrapped around herself at the elbows to hold in her warmth. She exhales, but ultimately says nothing in response. Somehow, she is at a loss for words.

"Fish."

Her nose crinkles just at the thought, and she shoots a look at him that is deadpan and unimpressed.

"You dragged me out here... for fish."

Stormy draws in a long, dramatic inhale that pulls her posture back up with straight, squared shoulders. So be it then. She does frown a bit at the thought of fish for breakfast, but it is a bit late to back out now. Not to mention rude. As tired as she was and as messy as she had let her life become, she was hesitant to share her mess with others.

"You're driving."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
4am
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 19:14:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

“You’re driving.”[break][break]

Angelo’s gaze diverts then, avoiding shards that jab into his skin blunt as opposed to slice. Slowly he wets his lip and takes a step onwards down the pier. It looks harmless, as if leading her towards what Stormy wishes.[break][break]

In reality, he’s putting calculated distance between them, moving the Rowlet that sits snug in his hood between himself and her. An intentional barrier.[break][break]

See. Here’s the funny thing…” As it turned out, the common automobile was not within Angelo’s repertoire of vehicle know-how. [break][break]

At least poor ol’ Stormy didn’t have to walk very far. It was around a ten-minute stroll along the edge of the Lilycove docks, just long enough to appreciate how the skies and ocean were painted with subtle splashes of pastel dawn hues. [break][break]

And yet as they approached the market, it becomes apparent that they are far from the only souls conscious. [break][break]

Activity buzzes. Around the tented stalls, Lilycove bustles with the chatter of early risers checking out the fresh catch and traders calling attention to their foodstuffs, pulling in the attention of locals. Humans and Wingull alike. [break][break]

Cheer up, Storms. I’m not going to make you eat fish if you don’t want to.” With a nod, Angelo directs Stormy’s line of sight towards the market. Even though its predominantly seafood, there are also small businesses selling freshly baked goods and produce. [break][break]

You’ll be missing out, though.

notes.

n/a

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
4am
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 2:28:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Too caught up in her own self-doubt and grief, she doesn't catch onto the distance he puts between them. It's hard to say if she ever would have, had her life not fallen off the perfect path she'd set for herself. Selfish, is what one might call her, and that would be the most accurate word of all.

Instead, she walks in silence behind him as he leads them to their destination. She doesn't even respond to his slight jest, or perhaps she hasn't heard it, too caught up in her own thoughts to consider being.. considerate.

"I never said I didn't want fish."

Hostile again, even if only for a brief flare-up, she clears her throat and glances away. Her gaze softens just slightly at the bustle and buzz all around them. In some way, it comforts her. Perhaps it is the feeling of not being alone, of not being singled out. Stupid, really, because she hadn't been alone in the Soiree. Not really.

Stormy clears her throat a second time, suddenly aware of her rudeness.

"I-I do want fish. I'm sorry."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
4am
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 18:25:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Even through the bustle of the market, chatter abuzz and squawks of the gulls piercing, her momentary outburst slices through it like a knife. Angelo’s unwavering gaze lingers on his friend’s face, watching her as she stumbles over her tongue. [break][break]

Stormy had always been a little spitfire. Passionate and warm. And yet her flames had not lashed out towards him before, the embers spitting in warning. [break][break]

Something furls within his gut, concealed concern fluttering in his stomach like a butterfly wing. It doesn’t sway his position however, Angelo remaining casually at her side as they weave through the hustle and bustle of the market. [break][break]

He doesn’t shrink his hand back from an exposed flame at the best of times. This was no exception. [break][break]

You can have whatever you want, Storms. Go wild, I won't judge.” He says simply, slipping his hands into the warm depths of his pocket. Shoulders rising in a shrug, completely bypassing over the hostility and the following apology. [break][break]

So, how about it? Anything catch your eye?” Blue. Similar to his, these days.

notes.

n/a

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
4am
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 22:04:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Lashing out at him was wrong, and it left a bitter taste in her mouth as soon as she'd opened her mouth. They walk in silence, shoulders brushing from time to time as they weave through the crowd. He makes her nervous in a way he hasn't before.

Maybe it's because he doesn't leave, or snap back at her with his own fire. She knew he had it in him, even in spite of his kind smile and his casual, laid-back personality he put on display.

"You will, don't lie."

She doesn't know a damn thing about fish, so there would be plenty of stuff to judge her on. Stormy looks away from him, masking her awkwardness with feigned confidence. She peruses the options even if she has no idea what she's doing.

"Not a damn thing. What do you recommend?"

The woman glances back up, catching him watching her. It makes her uncomfortable, briefly, given the change in the colour of her eyes. She blinks, looks at the ground and then away.

"They.. changed colour when Moltres disappeared. My fire went out."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
4am
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 17:04:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
I never lie,” he retaliates casually. Lying.

Together they come to a stand in one of the many stalls filled with a plethora of produce, scent thick with the overpowering aroma of the sea.

Angelo’s gaze scans the array, unhurried by the pace of the woman behind the counter as she bustles about, voice booming over the morning din. When she’s done passing a wrapped parcel to customers, he grabs her attention with a raised hand.

We’ll take two of those for the grill. Throw in a couple of these, too – they’re good, Storms. Trust me.

As their platter is pieced together, their eyes meet. Creases form between Angelo's own when she looks to the ground, her distress poorly masked. It leaves an unsettled taste on his tongue, seeing her flinch and shrink.

So unlike his Stormy.

I heard pieces about what happened… But what d’you mean ‘your fire went out’?

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
4am
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 0:55:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy squints, unconvinced but thoroughly amused.

She does a brief double-take as they come to a halt in front of one of many assorted stalls. The smell is frankly overpowering, but lucky for her, Angelo's company is more compelling.

"Sure, I trust you."

She rolls her eyes but smirks. But the longer she stays, the less nauseating the smell becomes. In fact, her lips purse in a rather fond sort of.. understanding and appreciation.

But her eyes dart away, straying from meeting Angelo's searching gaze. He is magnetic but she is driven away by shame. She swallows when he pries, she flinches, avoids, and that bitter taste returns.

"I mean just what I said, Angelo. When Moltres disappeared, the flame it had shared with me, the power, the connection we had-- it feels like I've been snuffed. I'm not the same."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
4am
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 22:58:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: