he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 23:36:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo had been fairly busy the past few hours.

Not with Pokemon, gyms, or Pokemon gyms, for that matter. His focus was on a very different conundrum: that strange amulet he had in his possession since the Soiree. He still didn't know how or why he'd gotten it, and when he wasn't preoccupied with more pressing matters, it would fill his thoughts.

He hadn't shown it to many people; , , and were the only ones he'd shown it to. The former two, he couldn't even recall discussing it, and he knew there was a hole in his memory there. And his Rotomdex had a strange video recorded on it, on top of said Rotom having a seizure right after the meeting.

The latter person, while he didn't learn much about the amulet itself, did help Hideo gather his thoughts about what he should do about this thing; he couldn't just ignore it. And as Martin told him, Hideo and Eris weren't the only ones with an amulet.

But that led to a bothersome conundrum: how could he find the others?

With no discrete option in mind, Hideo opted for a more overt one: just ask people if they recognized it, or if they also heard a letter when they touched it.

Along with him was his Beheeyem, though that was because Elga had insisted on accompanying him. It was rare for his Beheeyem to request anything, and this was the first time in a while Hideo could recall him insisting on something.

However, even with his Beheeyem's aid, nobody seemed to notice anything on it. The best he got was people saying the amulet looked weird.

Frustrated (and tired), Hideo took a break on a bench, his Beheeyem sitting beside him. "It feels like we aren't getting anywhere this way," Hideo said, slumping in his seat. "Maybe it'd be easier if I put up a poster or something asking people to come to me?"

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:25:19 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
114 for
”Are those part of some new trend? A young boy and his Beheeyem were asking about them earlier.”

Locke stared at the charm on his phone as he left the corner store, egg sandwich in hand. It had been a few months now since he’d first found the little yellow accessory in a random community garden, and it was the first time he’d heard of a matching one since.

The courier took a bite with a thoughtful hum, keeping the charm in their mind while they followed the direction the elderly shopkeeper had indicated, until eventually reaching a small park bench near the southernmost pond of the city.

”Hey, aren’t you Eris’ friend? Hideo?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 23:29:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Just as Hideo was fully slumped, he heard someone address him - by name. And not just by his name; they also mentioned . That really got Hideo’s attention, the boy righting himself in his seat.

Had told this guy about him? Or did Eris? If either did, did that mean this guy knew something about the amulets?

Oh, yeah,” Hideo said, properly adjusted. “I’m Hideo. And I know Eris. She’s a friend of mine.” Though he was pretty sure that wasn’t all this guy wanted to hear; Hideo fished into his pocket, his hand touching his Amulet.

O

The same voice saying the same letter every time he touched it. It took it out, showing it to the other guy. “I’m guessing if you already know our names, then you might know something about this Amulet? I’ve been asking around about it, but nobody seems to know much about it.” Heck, even he didn’t know much; something made him forget his discussion with Eris and , and Martin could only offer speculation.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 0:04:24 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
84 for
”Oh, yeah. I guess we’ve never actually been introduced properly huh? I’m Locke, and this is De-De!” The Delibird gave a cheerful chirp between mouthfuls of chips, but seemed to be eying the pairs respective charms with an uncharacteristic wariness.

Locke deflated a bit as Hideo asked about his amulet. “Oh, well I was kinda hoping you knew about actually…” He held his phone out between the other boy and his Beheeyem, the Unusual Charm sticking out among the more cartoonish Pokémon beside it.

I

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 4:15:19 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

THE BASIC SOLUTION

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

ON THE SURFACE, nothing seems to happen. The charms refuse to budge, inert, a simple accessory at best.

Their lips remain sealed. Any push to mention UXIE will result in blank memories. A fuzzy canvas of experiences sit at the edge of their thoughts. Brain fog cloudier than the lakes they once revered.

But, should either pay particular attention to the other’s UNUSUAL CHARM, they will notice a letter embedded on its surface.

Coincidence? Or intentional?

Only time will tell.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 20:09:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Oh, yeah." Even if Locke already knew who he was, proper introductions were needed. "My Beheeyem over here is Elga. He really wanted to come along when I said I'd try asking about this amulet." And serve as Hideo's eyes, as many of his Pokemon did.

But with that settled, he could hear Locke take something out - and his Beheeyem confirmed it was an amulet just like his. And then...

It was just like with ; Hideo didn't notice any sudden changes. No sudden recollection of his meeting with and , no memory of how he got this in the first place.

Hideo let out a deep sigh, slumping back in his seat. "Well I got nothing," he said, frustration leaking out his voice. "Don't suppose you suddenly got any memories coming back, do you?"

Before he could fully admit defeat, his Beheeyem Telepathically prodded him to check out Locke's amulet. He sat back up, taking a deep breath in. "Actually, you mind if I touch your amulet? I'm blind, but I hear a letter whenever I touch mine. And my Beheeyem is saying our amulets look the same."

It was worth a shot.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 2:08:29 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
149 for
Locke gave Elga a polite wave, before bending over to give his own Pokémon a pat on the head. ”The Delibird here is De-De, she just comes with me everywhere.” Though, she also seemed a little nervous at the sight of the other amulet.

Maybe it was with good reason, but for today at least, her concern appeared to be nothing more than that.

Still, something twinge in the back of Locke’s mind, like an itch he couldn’t quite reach. Or, no, maybe it was more like when your arm falls asleep; painful and distracting and frustratingly useless all at the same time.

His head hurt.

”Hm? Oh yeah, sure.” They crouched down to hold out the charm to Hideo, taking the opportunity to get a closer look at the younger boy’s as well. ”Huh, I guess they are the same…Maybe all the yellow ones have ‘I’ on them?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 23:31:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Beheeyem stared back at Locke, waving back with his own stubby, fingerless hand. It was a stilted motion, like he was trying to replicate a motion he'd only seen in a book.

"Mine doesn't have an 'I' on it. Or any letter, as far as me or my Pokemon can tell." His Beheeyem nodded - his only literate Telepath. "But it does tell me a letter whenever I touch it."

He reached over, touching Locke's amulet. The Beheeyem's attention was back on the amulets, watching for anything.

O

It was the same exact voice as when he touched his own amulet, and the same exact letter. Hideo's brow furrowed as he leaned back on his seat. "You said yours is an 'I'? 'cause I just heard an 'O', like with mine."

He turned towards his Beheeyem. "You seeing or hearing anything on them, Elga?"

The answer had been a Telepathic denial - nope. However, he shook his massive head as well, for Locke and De-De to see.

A sigh from Hideo. "None of my Pokemon notice anything on my amulet, even when they touch it. It's so weird."

He turned back towards Locke. "So by all yellow amulets, does that mean you've met other people with the same amulet we do? And you saw the same letter on them?" Even if this meeting was shaping up to be a bust, they still might have a chance at uncovering something. Maybe even a lead.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:09:09 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
140 for
Locke frowned down at his own charm. ”I see I on both of ours though…Maybe it’s supposed to sound different than it looks?” He held the accessory up to his ear and shook it around, until an irritated buzz from the Rotom in his phone stopped him.

”Well, I’ve seen a couple pink ones without letters…” That didn’t sound quite right, but Locke couldn’t recall anything on the face of either or ’s amulets, so they let their own doubt pass unheeded. ”But yours is the only other yellow one I’ve seen so far. I figure it’d make sense if there were more, but I guess it could be just us,” they shrugged. ”Sorry bud, I don’t really know any more than that.”

De-De watched the conversation in uncharacteristic silence, casting a concerned look between Elga and the charms.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 20:36:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another sigh from Hideo. It wasn't Locke's fault, but this meeting didn't tell him much. "Well, something is better than nothing," he said, more to himself than to Locke. "It's alright."

Hopefully he'd remember it this time. He could still remember his meeting with Martin, but that one hadn't told him too much either. And Martin didn't have an amulet of his own.

Though there wasn't much information coming his way, he could at least share what he knew from his own meetings.

"I dunno if it was pink or not, but I did remember meeting someone with an amulet. She showed me hers and I took out mine, and then...well, I can't remember anything 'til I left the meeting. Dunno if she had a letter on hers at all or if it was different from mine."

was there too, though Hideo didn't recall if he had an amulet as well. Everything just blanked after Hideo took his own out.

"What I do remember is afterwards, my Rotomdex was out. I didn't have them out before the meeting. And afterwards, it dropped to the ground and started shaking. No long-term damage, and there was a new video saved on it."

Still an unintelligible video, even with Martin telling him what was on it.

"Only reason I could think of why I took it out was to record something. Me and my Pokemon were fine afterwards - including my Rotom - but we still don't know what the video means."

Maybe something odd happened to Locke too. "You remember anything weird happening to you after your meeting? Or your Pokemon?"

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 1:03:36 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
164 for
”Uuuuuh.”

Pop. Pop. Pop. Splat.

”…Yeah. Some weird stuff happened.”

Locke took a moment to think about how to paraphrase the events at POG bank in a PG-13 way (was this kid even 13? He looked even younger than that). ”Our Pokémon died,” they said simply. ”Mine, ’s, and ’s. We ended up going to the hospital ourselves after and finding, um, some kind of bubbles? In our brains? I forget what the doctor called them, but we gotta avoid stress or they’ll pop.”

Not that they’d done a very good job of that.

”I’ll be honest, I’ve been kinda keeping away from this charm stuff since then. Del Mar’s been busy from what I understand though.” The other man’s parting words from their mountain encounter drifted through the back of his memory.

”I’ll be in touch… Stay safe.”

”I think he’s planning something soon. We could exchange numbers and I’ll keep you updated.” It was probably the most help he could realistically offer.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 0:07:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was initially intrigued to hear what weird stuff had happened to Locke.

Until he found out what it was, his eager face dropping immediately. "Oh. Oh geez." He didn't expect it to be that bad. "That's awful. You guys had to go to the hospital for that? I'm glad my Rotom only got off with a seizure."

He hadn't even seen a doctor since he'd left home. He had a lot of faith in his Pokemon, but could they find something as discrete as brain bubbles?

Unbeknownst to Hideo, his Beheeyem moved to him, one of its robot-like arms moving over Hideo's head. The three colored dots on its hand blinked rapidly, with Hideo none the wiser.

"Eris was at that meeting I mentioned before," Hideo said, "where I shared my amulet. I can't remember much about the meeting, but I know that I didn't feel any different after it. And I sure as heck didn't lose any Pokemon." He couldn't remember if had brought up her lost Pokemon during that meet, but he was sure he'd recall if things got that dangerous while he was there.

The Beheeyem's scan was still ongoing.

"And I talked to Martin too. I still remember meeting with him, but he didn't have an amulet of his own. He didn't say anything about his Pokemon dying, but he did ask a lot about how me and my Pokemon felt." In hindsight, Hideo could understand why was so concerned. "He gave me his phone number if anything strange happened about the amulets."

The Beheeyem moved away from Hideo, its hand no longer blinking. It took a seat next to Hideo, once more listening to the conversation. If it had found anything, it wasn't expressing it.

"If he's got something planned, I'm all for it. I want to get to the bottom of this, before it claims any more lives. Pokemon or human."

As for Locke's offer? "Oh, yeah, I can share my number." He took his phone out of his pocket, ready to exchange contact information.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 23:59:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
360 for
Locke hummed with distracted agreement over the Rotom’s health, but his attention was called back by the mention of missing time. ”Oh yeah, none of us remembered anything afterwards either…In fact, we’d actually ended up in a totally different room than where we’d started, so I guess we were out for a while.”

It figured del Mar had already been in touch with Hideo, like he’d said the man’s been a lot more involved in this mystery than he has. It was disconcerting though, that two children were getting dragged into it. Especially so now after their involvement in ’s disastrous church cleanup.

Part of Locke wanted to keep them both as far from this charm nonsense as possible, but he was still plenty young enough to remember the frustration of being left out of important conversations between well-meaning adults, even when the outcome directly affected him. He picked his brain a little more for anything else unusual (besides literally everything), trying to find some kind of useful information for the kid.

”There was…There was a book…” What had it been about? There had been a disturbing amount of his own blood on it. And even more disturbing amount of his Pokémon’s. ”It was pretty old, and there were three Pokémon in it. I dunno which ones, but they looked sorta like…um…a triangle, a circle, and a squid?” The last one was said with a grimace. ”Sorry. M’not too good with history or whatever. I’m pretty sure del Mar’s still got it though if ya wanted to ask him about it sometime.”

Hopefully he'd cleaned it up a bit by this point.

As if to save them from further embarrassing themselves, their own Rotom phone rang in their hand with a preset alarm. ”Ah. That’s lunch,” Locke sighed with a mournful look at the other half sandwich they’d bought, still wrapped tight in plastic. They passed it off to Hideo, who looked as though he’d done nothing but walk around all morning and probably needed the fuel. ”Here, I wish coulda been more help, but I gotta get back to work. Good luck, and try to stay safe out there.”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 0:03:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Locke's situation sounded fairly similar to Hideo's. "Similar thing happened to me," Hideo said, "First thing I remember is listening to a couple of my friends talking about something. Then I take my amulet out, and next thing I know, I'm outside."

With all his Pokemon alive, fortunately. Albeit with his Rotom on a rough state, but nothing that couldn't be healed. Still, the idea that his Pokemon could actually die if he wasn't careful weighed on his mind. This had just been an odd mystery to him until now.

But apart from a frown, Hideo wouldn't show it. Because a Champion had to be able to handle this kind of stuff. He couldn't be weak in the face of danger.

Locke offered him one more tidbit of information. Hideo didn't know what the Pokemon were shaped like, but there had been mention of a trio of Pokemon related to this. "The first trio that comes to mind is the Lake Trio, but I don't really know anything about them. Other than that they're a thing." He didn't even know if any of them were squidlike.

But before they could talk any further, an alarm ended their conversation. Though before Hideo could say his farewell, he felt Locke hand him something triangle-shaped. "Oh, thanks," he said, showing to his Beheeyem - who confirmed it was food. "You too. If I find out anything else, I'll let you know."

He waved to Locke as the latter made their way out. Alone, Hideo sat there - and slowly realized he should get some lunch too.

He unwrapped the sandwich, taking a quick sniff - egg sandwich. He frowned slightly, handing it off to his Beheeyem. "Here, you can have it. We can look for what they got around here."

The Beheeyem took the sandwich, Psychically carrying it to where his mouth should be, gently pushing it in. The sandwich practically disappeared, without a single crumb left over.

Hideo hopped off the bench, his Beheeyem following suit. It shouldn't be hard to find some food around here; it'd definitely be easier than finding out stuff about this amulet.

-End Thread-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Basic Solution
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 7:47:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: