THE BORDER: TEDF

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 10:48:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
perhaps her pleading eyes had spoken to thomas. either that or he caught whiff of her possession. either way, the spirit had been fully banished by a rather rough exorcism. the phantom force made it feel like esmee's own soul was being ripped from her body, the invasive parasite-like entity clutching onto her until the last moment. perhaps some pieces of her went with it, but she was at peace now - breathing deeply out of her own volition and at her comfort.[break]
"thank you," esmee breathed to thomas with an appreciative smile - genuinely grateful for the help.[break]
when derek spoke, however, it seemed the therapist wasn't entirely keen on approaching the seal. having already been meddled with by the spirits, she took it upon herself to hang back. arms crossed over her chest, she bit down on her bottom lip worriedly. "i think that is the best plan," she concurred with freya while popping open a pokeball of her own. the spiritomb that emerged was carried by esmee, both hands around its small base while the ghost type looked to and fro, seemingly overwhelmed by the similar presences of the spirits. within its various swirling personalities, it seemed at least one of them was frightened, causing the shadowy mass of spirits to slink and recede into its base though still keep a watchful eye out. perhaps this could act as a danger meter of sort, esmee figured, as she looked to the seal for someone to approach it.
[break]
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

PROMPTS CLAIMED:

- 05: Helping a spirit pass on (by force, clinging to Esmee - literally wants to cross the river) [DONE, @esmee ]

- 07: Offer coins to the ferryman (DONE, )

- 10: Become possessed by a spirit (DONE, @esmee, exorcised via phantom force )

- 03: Examine the broken seal in the south (in progress)

- DEREK PROMPT: Ultra beast war spirits (in progress, poor )

- FREYA PROMPT: Spirits seem to know more than most do (in progress, also rip to but she's handling it well)

- THOMAS PROMPT: The Judge ... what could that mean? :spooky: (in progress )

- ESMEE PROMPT: DONE, tightrope walker esmee*tm dropped the bridge to continue exploring

PARTY:
[attr="class","needleliespoke1"]

LEVEL 1, DND STATS (FOR FUNSIES AND SOME RP DIVERSITY/LETTING THE DICE CONTROL SOME THINGS):
[VARIANT HUMAN, +WIS, +INT]: STR 8, DEX 13, CON 10, INT 16, WIS 16, CHA 10
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 22:45:31 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Desperate times call for desperate measures.", Thomas would tell Derek.

The plan worked, the spirit taking their companion hostage was purged from her body with extreme prejudice. And it seemed that the spirits weren't too riled up about him bringing out his Ceruledge.

"You're welcome.", he'd tell Esmee. "Good work, Mordred!", Thomas called out to the Ceruledge.

"I agree.", he'd tell Freya and Esmee.

A spirit would approach Thomas.

"If it isn't Yveltal's former Judge. Funny seeing you here, at the Border, of all places.", the spirit inquired.

"Hello, Damien.", Thomas greeted the spirit.

"How does it feel, to be forsaken by Yveltal?", the spirit inquired tauntingly.

"Sucks. But at least I was acknowledged and blessed by Yveltal, and not just their next meal.", Thomas retorted.

"I'll be seeing you in hell!", the spirit called out angrily.

"I look forward to it.", Thomas replied, before continuing on with the group.

tags: @esmee
notes: Interaction with a spirit who knew Thomas as a vessel for Yveltal

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 3:48:19 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"alright." they could take it slow, sure. but it wasn't exactly the spirits derek worried about. while the most prominent distraction, their over-abundance made them come off as inconsequential with every passing moment.
[break][break]

but the fact there was something that drove them to gather? now that was cause for worry. but that's not what they found as they looked behind the broken seal.
[break][break]

just a bunch of old leaves...
[break][break]

"you've got to be kidding me."
[break][break]

these people... spirits, as they called them. they were nothing. blank faces. voices he couldn't recognize. what did they even matter to him for? they weren't even alive anymore, and they were dumb enough to be drawn towards a pile of leaves. fucking leaves.
[break][break]

why does everything nowadays gotta feel like such a fucking goose chase? derek was getting a little sick of it. and was this really the best lead they had?
[break][break]

"these better be some aura enhancing greens or i swear-" before the gym leader finishes that sentiment, his hand reaches in towards the leaves to try and take one for keeps. to see if it could survive the way back home. gotta make coming to this hellhole worth it somehow. next time he'd have to make a mental note not to pay the spirits any mind.
[break][break]

yPDymUXE

[break]
tl;dr[break]
prompt: behind the broken seal, there will be withered green and yellow leaves emanating an infectious bitterness.[break][break]
derek prompt: (complete) final sentiments toward the spirits that haunt derek for going home before the ultra beast war.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] @esmee [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-sobble"]

[newclass=".derek"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/a1/f6/dQrRaUgA_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek blockquote b, .derek blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 0:47:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
even surrounded by the dead, freya is not meant to find quarter. calcifer's tail blazes in the fog and when she scrutinizes the ruin closer, she realizes the seal is already broken. these apparitions around them float zealously towards it, though some remain curiously unaffected. 

another whisper on the wind and there is no ignoring it this time. the warmth from her charizard disappears and ice crawls down her left shoulder. she flinches instinctively away; derek's exasperation is muted and slow. 

a blink - piercing blue eyes, hollow and lacking pupils, stare into hers. silver hair, curling wisps of it, reach out to tangibility.

how far you've strayed, say nonexistent lips, smothered by another; her voice, this time is sweeter and more familiar, and it is so, so heartbreaking: not my daughter, not my daughter.

the twin marks on her neck, puckered scars, alight with cold fire and burn down her insides. she sees stars, a distortion, a world turned upside down, frozen over. candlelight and green eyes and blood. 

you do not belong. jaws of a monster snap her in half and all at once the visions fade, leaving her shaking with sweat licking at her skin. 

"take what you will. i fear we've overstayed our welcome."
@esmee
freya's prompt complete - 
haunted by artemis, her birth mother, and her adoptive mother

udhvQ8_R
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 9:08:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"maybe they're medicinal," esmee offered as a form of condolences for the time seemingly wasted on some leaves. taking her own share, she picked up the bitter-smelling greenery and held it near her nose - attempting to see if her expertise in medicinal treatments and illegal usage of said medicines could help the group any in identifying the substance. that would have to come for later, however, as she found herself ready to 'hit the bricks' and go home after their trip to mr. bones' wild ride. the exploration hadn't taken that long, realistically, but they had come for what they wanted - an already broken seal that seemed to taunt them with the seemingly overly mundane reward at the end of the metaphorical tunnel.[break]
"it was a fair adventure," she said with a polite smile as she tucked the final leaf into her bag and started for the ride back to normalcy. it was kind of the group to let her join them and she was thankful, dipping her head as means of silent 'thanks' to accompany her verbal approach.[break]
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

PROMPTS CLAIMED:

- all prompts done!

PARTY:
[attr="class","needleliespoke1"]

LEVEL 1, DND STATS (FOR FUNSIES AND SOME RP DIVERSITY/LETTING THE DICE CONTROL SOME THINGS):
[VARIANT HUMAN, +WIS, +INT]: STR 8, DEX 13, CON 10, INT 16, WIS 16, CHA 10

VqU8MMEG
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 17:27:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Upon reaching the seal, they would be greeted with a pile of leaves. These emanated a particular bitterness that the former Elite Four quickly picked up on. Though Derek was disappointed with their find, Thomas felt that there was far more to the story.

"I doubt that this seal would just be holding leaves. A seal like this, there had to be something dangerous.", he'd tell the group.

He would join Esmee in picking up leaves. Though instead of picking them up with his bare hands, he would instead produce a plastic bag, and forceps, after putting on a pair of disposable gloves, and began to put some of the leaves in the bag. Perhaps examining the samples would tell them more.

"BRING ME BACK WITH YOU. I HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH ROCKET.", a familiar voice echoed.

Thomas would turn to the direction of the voice. It was none other than the ghost of Silas Blackwell. Thomas was tempted to bring him back, all so he could kill him again. But then, the logical part of him won out.

"Find another ride out, fucker!", Thomas told Silas coldly.

He figured that Silas would find a way to escape the Border on his own, eventually. And when that day came, it would be his pleasure to take his second chance at killing Silas himself.

"Right. No need to hang around here any longer.", he'd agree with the others, before setting out as quickly as he could. Mordred would help cover their escape, making sure no enterprising spirits would attempt to hitchhike with them.

5Zd4j9bV

tags: @esmee
notes: We out this bitch!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:45:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPEDITION COMPLETE!

SPOILS GATHERED FROM THE WILDS

[break][break]

THE FOLLOWING TREASURES have been added to your faction's respective storages. Upon embarking on your next expedition to this place, you may choose to bring some of the treasures for the expedition's duration. However, please note that bringing treasures means less space for items to bring back.[break][break]

Hover over the materials to reveal what you have gathered.

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]TREASURES

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material1"]

[attr="class","slot material1"]

[attr="class","slot material4"]

[attr="class","slot material2"]

[attr="class","pkmnSprite"]

[break][break][break][break]

REWARDS

THESE CAN BE ADDED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT & PC

[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 485px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 115px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnSprite]position: absolute; margin-left: 250px; height: 75px; width: 300px; background: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.material1:hover ~ .pkmnSprite]background: url("https://i.ibb.co/WtCDgN5/sootfootroot.png") no-repeat center center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.material2:hover ~ .pkmnSprite]background: url("https://i.ibb.co/19HNj0s/spelltag.png") no-repeat center center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.material3:hover ~ .pkmnSprite]background: url("https://i.ibb.co/gVMPV6G/Bag-Swordcap-LA-Sprite.png") no-repeat center center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.material4:hover ~ .pkmnSprite]background: url("https://i.ibb.co/KxGYB17/doppelbonnets.png") no-repeat center center;[/newclass]