awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 22:40:46 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

they love each other. there's no doubt about that. they love each other enough to meld, chattering incessantly about stupid topics and gossip and tasting the finer things in life. enough to make purple when they come together. and that's the color of their love - purple.

the same as bruises. the same as the paint that came viciously back out of knox's throat. blue with blood. his blood, her blood, their blood. it's all the same. 

he knew - he knows - that she was just as cursed as he was. that she was playing a different game of her own, trying to survive with a falsetto smile for him. but she loved him, for a long time, and he loved her. and he has never, ever loved knox. 

and whatever. she still killed ollie. she still did all the bad things for their father and she managed to hold herself together without the drugs, without the fucking paint in her belly. that kind of hate doesn't go away. that kind of hate stains you. 

he's playing nice for , not her, because sam thinks summer is a victim. he promised to play nice. he promised to be kind. but his eyes aren't really idly scanning the newest issue of saga. they're drifting, like him, while he waits for summer's new fuckboi to show.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 19:15:38 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner walked through the doors of the café, eyes alert and scanning the patrons for the man he knew as . Except he didn't know Knox — not yet. Which was the purpose of their meeting: so that Gunner could formally introduce himself, as 's latest boyfriend, to her younger brother.[break][break]

He spied the pale-haired man reading a comic book, though by the way their eyes locked almost immediately, Knox hadn't really been reading. But instead of making a beeline for him, Gunner bought a latte first. Only afterward did he approach the other man.[break][break]

"Knox? I'm Gunner," the blonde said, smiling politely and extending a hand to offer a shake. "Thanks for agreeing to meet here."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 19:31:05 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

honestly, he'd forgotten his name. it hadn't seemed that important at the time. so when he introduces himself - gunner - knox cracks a smile because oh, that's ironic. that's hilarious, actually. he blinks and sees summer's pretty face, glock cocked under their father's chin. does she see that, every time she says his name? every time her lips form the word gun?

knox's hands sparkle with glitter. some of it's on his neck, across his cheeks. not much, but enough that some of it lingers on gunner's hands after knox shakes it. 

"you're makin' it sound like it's business. relax, dude. sooooooo, we can cut straight to the point all official-like. what kinda asshole are ya? 'cause she only likes assholes."

he thinks back to casey. "and weirdos."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 20:25:07 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner was in the process of lowering himself into the seat opposite from Knox when the other man voiced the question he least expected to hear.[break][break]

"What kinda asshole are ya?"[break][break]

Gunner stared at Knox for a long moment, long enough for one of the baristas to finish making the latte and bring it to their table. Only after she'd left did Gunner finally speak, his brow finally knitting together in confusion and skepticism — as if he'd heard wrong.[break][break]

"Sorry?" It was the only thing to say. What other response was there?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 20:38:33 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

"apology accepted," knox says with a wink. he narrows his eyes, gives him the once-over, and then his lips pop into an o. he nods sagely, leans back in his chair, and exhales. 

"nevermind. you're not an asshole, are you? you're a nice guy. oh, buddy."

summer's sacrificed a lot for you

knox snaps at the in his head. at the sam on his shoulder. at the sam standing behind gunner and shaking his head and thinking, i'm gone and dealing with my dead mother's affairs; the least you can do is be nice. but that's not what sam would say at all so it's a moot point.

"fuck, okay. i'll hold my judgment. tell me about yourself."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:22:10 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner stared again, still groping for a handle on the conversation. Well, it seemed less a conversation and more of an interview at this point. But he supposed he could not blame Knox. After all, Gunner was fully aware of how protective younger brothers could be.[break][break]

To buy himself some time while his brain scrambled for an answer, Gunner sipped his latte, enjoying the note of vanilla amidst the strong coffee flavor. Then he said:[break][break]

"Well, I was born in Fallarbor and grew up there. I'm a younger brother, like you." Perhaps that comment would establish some commonality. "Uh, I have a law degree but I never took the bar exam. Right now I work as a paralegal."[break][break]

Gunner pursed his lips, searching for some trivia that didn't make him seem too boring.[break][break]

"I like reading detective novels."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 0:01:02 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

aw, just like me? knox thinks as he bats his pretty little eyelashes and tries his best to absorb gunner's story. but what he takes from it, he tosses into the dump bucket to join the sparkly nuances that accompany summer's other 'boyfriends.'

to see her claw so desperately for a good guy, if he really is one, is pitiful. it won't right all of her wrongs. it won't make her less of a twisted, fucked up person. and he could end it here, right now. this doll's house she's built for the two of them.

but he's getting ahead of himself. 

and he promised to play nice

"oh?" he says, interest piquing. so is he working for them? tidying up the business and steering them out of trouble, maybe?

"i like reading comic books. red says it's 'cause i'm an idiot. paralegal's cool though. how long's it been with her? like, a couple months?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 16:54:21 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Red? Was that Knox's nickname for Summer? He wondered why that was. Nothing about her was red — not her hair nor her eyes.[break][break]

Gunner put aside that interesting comment for now and focused on Knox's question. "We met in December, but we've only been dating since March," he explained. "So yeah, it's only been a couple of months, really."[break][break]

He offered the other man an apologetic smile, though he had a hunch Knox wouldn't care. Gunner was starting to see why the late Mr. Prescott hadn't had a great relationship with his son.[break][break]

"Sorry I didn't reach out to meet you sooner. Work's been crazy."[break][break]

Especially in the wake of 's and 's kidnappings. A girl named had gone missing too, though he only recognized her name from the RONDEZ-VIEW OF LUV game.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 22:12:19 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

only a couple months

the gates open. the light floods in. everything makes sense. summer's playing pretend again. summer has her little dolls and wants to play nice, happy family, but she can't hold that charade very long. 

he's seen her try, and fail, before. 

so he smirks.

"you poor schmuck." he blinks his pretty, sparkling lashes. props his elbows on the table and plops his chin in his hands. "you're a cutie. 'n i get it. she's hot, right? and you're looking at me thinkin' this guy's whack. shh, i see it on your face.

"but see, here's the thing. she is also whee-whoo."
he taps his temples; the rest of his fingers curl on his cheeks, shifting with his smile. "she's just better at hiding the crazy."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 17:19:37 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner had every reason to doubt Knox. Summer never gave him the impression she was crazy, or that she had any mental illnesses. But he had to admit: Knox had known her since he was born, whereas Gunner only had a few months to get to know her.[break][break]

Hadn't he first extended an invitation to dinner because he wanted to know her secrets?[break][break]

But the League agent was good at his job. In the five months he'd spent investigating Prescott Industries, he had not found a single indication that they had ties to Team Rocket. So either they — and, as a result, Summer — actually were clean, or Knox was right.[break][break]

The part of Gunner that loved the region, that would put his life on the line to defend it, wanted to press the younger man for more information. But the part that had fallen for Summer, for her sweet smiles and soft kisses, refused to entertain the idea.[break][break]

He sipped his latte slowly, trying to formulate a polite response.[break][break]

"I appreciate the advice," Gunner finally said, his tone taking on a frosty note. "But I'd appreciate it more if I wasn't being patronized by my girlfriend's little brother."[break][break]

He cleared his throat and took another sip of his drink. Then, forcing friendliness again, he said, "So I shared a bit about myself. It's your turn."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
literally why?
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 0:05:57 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

if he could be a fly on the wall and watch the two of them talk to each other, he would. he'd pop some popcorn and plop himself down and it would probably make him angry and sad and tired, but it would also bring him joy, knowing he's watching fiction. he's never really cared for true-to-life documentaries.

he doesn't owe gunner anything, but he scoots a little closer in his seat anyway, enamored to have the spotlight turned back on him. 

"hmm. i was born in mauville and absolutely do not fucking live there. i'm a younger brother, nothing like you. i also always come up short and gotta make the best of it." his smile quirks. "and i think you and i could be best friends."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
literally why?
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 13:48:09 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner made an amused sound, not quite a chuckle.[break][break]

"What makes you say that?" he asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.[break][break]

Because from his impression of Knox, the younger Prescott sibling was nothing like Gunner. And the condescending attitude, especially regarding Gunner's relationship with Summer, was not winning Knox any points in his favor.[break][break]

"I think we can get along just fine, but best friends seems like a stretch."[break][break]

Maybe Gunner was wrong, but outside of his work, he was a man of first impressions and quick judgments.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
literally why?
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 22:34:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: