6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Thundercloud Parting [S][C/Ollie]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 22:54:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Proud to be in his blue Ranger uniform despite how much his life had turned upside down, Josh had just returned to Mauville Ranger HQ to turn in a simple mission: rescuing a young trainer and their Combusken that were lost in the Great Desert. Calm weather made locating them simple, the Elite successfully returning them to Mauville and well on their way to their home in Slateport City. While it was menial work for someone of Josh's rank, he enjoyed saving lives.

He just wished he could do more to save his own.

He was also running out of people that he knew enough and trusted enough to discuss his Eris plight with. One of the few that was left was . The two had agreed to meet in a place that was special to the Gym Leader. "Afternoon, Ollie!" Josh waved from the back of Aslan, his Shiny Pyroar, flanked by Kovu and Simba, two of his other Pyroar. All three were geared up to carry people on their backs. "I promised to show you my home away from home, didn't I?" Raikiri the Zeraora, also wearing a saddle, was nearby, though Josh had no intent to ride him to their destination. He just liked the mythical Electric-type's company. After all, he felt it was the closest he would ever get to the Beast he sought... especially after what had told him.

{WC: 234}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora            Good
Aslan           Pyroar**           Good
Simba           Pyroar             Good
Kovu            Pyroar             Good
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 21:17:57 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

waited outside of mauville's ranger HQ. his heart still burned with the memory of , and the fact that they had not yet found any evidence of her capture, outside of what had already told him. being in her city only reminded him of her — but it was because of people like protecting the city that ollie knew that at least from a ranger front, mauville was safe.

[break][break] "hey!" ollie said, waving at his friend from his spot in front of the HQ. on the contrary to the pokemon that the rider released, ollie was found only with tofu on his shoulder. the pikachu lifted his striped tail up in a greeting as well as josh and his entourage stopped closer. "you did."

[break][break] his lips spread wide in a grin, almost like his old self. you might even be able to convince yourself that he was his old self, if not for the obvious bandages that were still wrapped around his waist, or the bruises that still faintly lined his visage.

[break][break] "think we can take it slow today, though?" he said with a wink. "i promised i'd take it easy for now."

[break][break] because boy had she been mad when she'd found out what he'd did.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
DOUBT

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:320px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:13px!important; font-family:Poppins; } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:400px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333 [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:115px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 5:23:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri and Josh both frowned upon seeing Ollie's condition. Bandages around his waist meant that riding was not an option. He had been looking forward to taking the Ever Grande Captain on a ride on his Pyroar for a while, after he had taught Josh valuable lessons long ago that served him well and were invaluable in his climb up the ranks. He would not be in a blue Ranger uniform now if it weren't for Ollie. "Arceus... what in the world happened? With an injury like that, there's no way you can be on any Pokémon, let alone a Pyroar. I still want to take you for a run on one. When you're feeling better, I still want to find a rescue ticket we can take together. One where these three will be useful."

The Peacemaker's name came up. "Gotta respect her wishes," Josh nonchalantly replied. "Everything's changed so much since Meteno. And speaking of change, I have something important I want to talk to you about, but I can't in public. When we get to my personal sanctuary, I'll tell you everything. You did get the mass email that went out in March, right?"

Regardless, Josh would lead the way out of Mauville's north gate, keeping all four of his Pokémon at a gentle walk the Ranger would easily be able to keep up with. "Thankfully, Trainer Hill isn't too far north of Mauville. Even on foot, it shouldn't take too long to get there." He shifted the conversation to more recent events. "I hope you didn't have to fight in that awful battle at Dewford last month. I got conscripted into it, and it was pure hell. I slept for almost a day and a half straight afterward."

{WC: 293}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 5:26:15 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

'what had happened?'

[break][break] a lot, certainly. half of which he wasn't allowed to tell , but the other half of which he wasn't sure how to. rather than speaking on any of his insecurities, he flashes the other ranger an easy smile.

[break][break] "the ultra deep sea really did a number — but also," he lets out a laugh. "i'm just a little too reckless sometimes."

[break][break] he nods towards the other with a grin.

[break][break] "don't worry. these injuries will heal up in a bit. and we'll make a day out of it."

[break][break] his voice sobers a little when the other brings up the march email; ollie had heard about it, but things had been so busy since then that he hadn't had a moment to check up on it.

[break][break] the ranger captain walked alongside his friend, grateful for the easy gait that the other provided.

[break][break] "i did, unfortunately. that mist is no joke." his lips turn into a frown at the memory, of everything he'd seen there, and the fact that still remained missing. "it'll be a nice change of pace to see your base though. i'm looking forward to it."

[break]

DOUBT

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:320px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:13px!important; font-family:Poppins; } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:400px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333 [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:115px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 7:18:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"You're not the only one," Josh replied with a laugh to try to keep morale up. "It's just part of how I fight. It's funny, and even sad, how much of a hypocrite I can be; I always tell people at Mauville Gym about how great speed requires great responsibility. Yet I rushed right into danger that day. Chalk it up to an over-achiever mentality." Self-motivated over-achievers like Josh were among the League's most valuable assets, but it came with cruel treatment. To maximize their value, the most important thing from the perspective of management was to instill the idea that their best in everything they did was not good enough.

"I think doing work exploring the rifts on ' behalf helped toughen me up a lot. I wouldn't have survived in Ultra Deep Sea without that experience." As Hauville's skyline disappeared on the horizon behind them, memories of his trauma there returned to the forefront of his mind. It wasn't all downside, though; he had Ao, a powerful Roaring Moon, at his fingertips. Once he could break the paradox dragon to the bridle, he would have an incredibly potent weapon to use in the war going forward. He was slowly amassing the power to back up his Gym Leader title.

It was a long walk, but the two had arrived at Josh's old Racing Grounds north of Trainer Hill. Spurring his Pyroar to a run, the fire-type feline leaped the metal fence and opened the gate from the inside. It creaked loudly as the Gym Leader swung it open. He would lead Ollie to a disused maintenance building in the back of the facility. Withdrawing his Pyroar, he would lead the Captain to a creaky-looking metal door. Twisting its rusty knob, he opened it, beyond a black curtain with a large glow-in-the-dark, white, blue, and yellow decal of the legendary Pokémon Raikou depicted as though it were charging directly at the onlookers. It could have been frightening to witness if Ollie didn't see it coming. "Beyond is the Cave of the Thundercat. My hidden sanctuary."

{WC: 347}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 2:45:20 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

overachiever mentality, huh?

[break][break] ollie wasn't sure if it was that about him. growing up with five brother and didn't really call for that sort of thing — the opposite really. but ollie had also never quite felt like he was growing up in his younger sister's shadow. he was too proud of her for that sort of thing.

[break][break] "i think i'm just impulsive."

[break][break] his lips twisted into a smile, reminded of his young days with as a ranger cadet.

[break][break] "that's good!" he said enthusiastically of . "you should tell her. i'm sure she'd appreciate it." he thinks of the conversations that he and illie sometimes had atop mt. pyre on their runs; she would probably enjoy knowing how much of an impact she had on someone else, even if that someone else was a ranger.

[break][break] the rest of the walk went peacefully, which meant that the two rangers could fall into silence. thoughtfulness wasn't particularly ollie's strong suit, but the last few days and the experience in the ultra deep sea had taught him — there was a lot that he didn't know.

[break][break] his eyes lifted as the metal door creaked open, allowing ollie through.

[break][break] "kind of spooky, isn't it?" he said, cracking a grin. "even rockets would stay away."

[break][break] he thought of that terrifying rocket he'd faced in the ultra deep sea (), and gave a small shudder. the ranger captain followed closer to his sanctuary, green eyes lifted to the large decal of the RAIKOU. rather than be frightened, the large insignia only made the ranger captain chuckle:

[break][break] "just a big fan of the thundercat, as ever, huh bud?"

[break][break] ollie stepped through, looking around curiously at his surroundings.

[break][break] maybe he should get a secret base too.

DOUBT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 23:00:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I've already got an appointment with her later to discuss it Once we get downstairs, I can even tell you if you'd like," Josh offered as he led the Ranger-Captain downstairs. His base had been well-hidden during the Rangers' Flagventures campaign; it didn't get too many visitors. Perhaps Blitz had been a bit too aggressive in keeping them away. Electric cats were no joke, after all, especially the one on the black curtain. Though in the wild they preferred ambush predation, Josh's didn't need to rely on such tactics. They were fast enough to catch almost any prey. "That's part of the point. Have you had to deal with Pyroar or Luxray in the wild? They can be terrifying. I love them, but they're so fast that even a split-second lapse of judgment can be the difference in victory and defeat."

As Ollie asked Josh about Raikou, he drew the curtain back to a large, unlit room. "Raikiri, mind giving us a charge here?" The Zeraora, more than familiar with the base's layout, walked to a dark corner of it, the two Rangers able to hear his footsteps loud and clear. With an echoing purr, the mythical Pokémon discharged his excess electricity through two wires that led to a giant battery hidden behind the wall. With the flip of a switch, the base turned to life.

The middle third of the base was carpeted, covered in a yellow and purple color scheme that may have looked familiar if Ollie had set foot in Mauville City Gym before. The left and right floors were of black-and-white tile laid in a checkerboard pattern. On the left was a trophy case that contained many of Josh's accomplishments as a Pokémon racer, featuring many Great Class and Ultra Class trophies. His most recent one a bronze Ultra Class trophy for his third place finish at Fortree Gym's Ordeal earlier this year, was notably absent. That trophy was in his Gym's office.

Above the carpeted middle was a shelf containing a staggering amount of Raikou memorabilia. While his trading card collection had also been moved to his Gym due to its growing secondary market value, the number of figurines, small plush, and the like showed his electric passion for the Johto deity. The crown piece was a giant, Ride-On plush of the legendary with the most threatening yet adorable face one could imagine. There were even reins attached to it that were clearly not part of the original design.

On the right was an entertainment center with a fairly large monitor in the middle, connected to what appeared to be a home Step Step Revolution setup. Two metal, four-panel dance pads, each with a regulation-sized metal rail behind them, were a few feet away from the widescreen monitor. There was also a tower fan on each side, blowing toward the pads to keep players cool while they played.

Near the room's center was a simple set of chairs and a table for guests to sit down at, though one side was close enough that Josh could sit astride the giant plush Raikou and make conversation with others there. "Bigger than you could ever imagine," were the first words out of his mouth after the power was on. "And that's part of the reason why I wanted to meet with you in private. Remember the email about me that went out at the beginning of April? If you do... then you know why I need your help."

{WC: 583}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 7:12:12 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, sure."

[break][break] he was sure that the report was somewhere in his own pile of paperwork. most of the rangers expeditions generally were. either way, it'd still be good to hear directly from the ranger's mouth.

[break][break] he blinks.

[break][break] "yeah. zebstrika and blitzle too - they're crazy to herd."

[break][break] though he was sure that the speed-specialist already knew that.

[break][break] while the gym leader took a large plush as his seat, ollie found one of the simple chairs and seated himself on it. though it was a little small for him too.

[break][break] "of course i know about it, josh." his arms folded over the back. "but what do you want from me?"

[break][break] his expression was sympathetic.

[break][break] ollie knew exactly how much his friend must have been torn up about it. but knew that josh had only meant well by it, and plus, somethings things just happened. ollie had experienced much as a ranger to know that not everything was black and white.

[break][break]
DOUBT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 6:06:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Speedy Pokémon in general were difficult to herd in the wild. Josh had worked with Ollie in getting a pride of Pyroar to move off Route 111. Little did he know at the time that he would have raised not just one, but five of the lion Pokémon. His thoughts quickly wandered back to the Eris incident. One lapse of judgment, one moment where his obsession caused him to snap had become a defining moment for him, and it was one he wished he could simply whitewash away.

"I... I want to do everything I can to make things right. To make amends with the League. Make amends with those around me. Make amends with Eris. And most importantly... make amends with myself." He had talked to many of his friends about this difficult topic; it was his greatest shortcoming as a League representative. Eventually, it would go public at an opportune time... or whenever leakers got ahold of it. For now, though, the truth was under lock and key.

"That day, I let my obsession. Not passion, not dream. Obsession. I let my obsession with Raikou control me. I thought I would do anything to get the chance to be with him. To fight alongside him. To serve the League alongside him. And I still want to. But what I did in the name of that obsession was despicable. Inhuman. What I did was wrong. I want to make it right. And I want to know where to start." It was a question he had asked many people, yet he had received just as many different answers. None of the answers he received were wrong. It showed just how truly complex the war was. Were everything so black and white, the war would have ended years ago. "Having my Gym taken away from me, even if it's not permanent, has made me realize there's something I love more than Raikou. And that's being Mauville City's Gym Leader. I wouldn't give it up for the world."

{WC: 338}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 4:49:00 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

empathy shimmers the color of cut emerald.

[break][break] "i know, josh."

[break][break] it didn't take a genius to know that was a good guy. he was someone who could take accountability for his actions, good or bad. sometimes both to his benefit and his weakness. it was one of those reasons that ollie saw a lot of himself in him.

[break][break] "i think," ollie said, leaning forward. "you're being too hard on yourself. did you do something wrong? yeah. is it the worst thing in the world? no."

[break][break] there were so many worse things, as far as he knew. especially in a region like hoenn, that was rife with disaster. it was always good to hold yourself to your ideals and morals — but not when it meant dwindling the very person that you were.

[break][break] "tell me something, josh."

[break][break] "do you feel bad about it? not cause of what other people have said, not cause of what raikou could think, not because of
your consequences but do you feel bad?"

[break]

DOUBT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 1:35:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's empathy was to the point where it was self-destructive. Too much of a good thing could be a bad thing, and while it was a line he was acutely aware of the existence of, walking that line was one of his biggest challenges, regardless of what the issue at hand was. It was a line he was afraid of crossing to the other side of; crossing that line meant he wasn't doing enough for others, in his eyes. It was just as Ollie said. He was too hard on himself.

"Hoenn is a really crazy world when voluntary manslaughter 'isn't the worst thing in the world', isn't it?" he sighed, burying his face in the back of the Raikou plush's head and wrapping his arms around its neck. Ollie's next point attempted to drill into his head that others' perception of him was not the be-all and end-all of how he was as a person. This wasn't about what others' thoughts, Raikou's thoughts, or even his sanctions.

This was about him.

"Ollie, I ruined an already traumatized girl's life forever. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle she's on. She will never recover from that trauma. Never." He wanted to go on about how he would always be known as the child brutalizer. If anyone really wanted to blackmail Josh and dig up dirt on him over this, they could. This wasn't about what others though of him though. Shaking his head, he sat up straight on the plush Raikou and raised his voice, perhaps a bit too much. "Of course I feel awful! Even as recently as six months ago, if you told me in the future I would have assaulted a child, I would have answered, 'Not in a zillion years.' It's just so... so much to bear. Even if it's with yourself, how do you... do you whitewash something like that?"

{WC: 316}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 7:57:15 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah. yeah, it is."

[break][break] sympathy glimmered in ollie's eyes. he could understand it. a year ago, he would've never fathomed excusing something like manslaughter, but with everything he'd seen since then, ever atrocity that he'd tried so desperately hard to ignore, ollie knew that there were worse fates than the one had bestowed on , a criminal.

[break][break] "you can't take that all on yourself, josh. you know who else won't recover from that trauma? you."

[break][break] because the league would take care of , but who was taking care of ?

[break][break] ollie reached forward and curled a hand over his friend's.

[break][break] "no one's saying you have to wash it away, or even forget about it. but you need to forgive yourself, josh. if you feel bad about what you did, then that's all that you need to do. you're only human."

[break][break] "you have to move forward."

[break][break] that's what he'd told himself all those years, hadn't he?

[break][break] he was only human too, after all.

[break]

DOUBT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:39:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ollie had a point.

Josh had only really known Eris from that one point of interaction. What other atrocities had other people committed toward her? Had Josh known of her past, he would have perked up in a heartbeat, immediately coming to an understanding. If this was anywhere else in the world, being let go as a Gym Leader would be the best case scenario. The most likely outcome for his actions would be imprisonment. Hoenn really was a crazy place. Perhaps more weighty than the sanctions levied against Josh really was the burden he placed upon himself. "It's what leaders do, right? Take--"

Though he rarely showed it, the Gym Leader's mental health was in the tubes from the altercation. Were Ollie's words true? Did self-image really matter so much more than what others thought of him? Josh shuddered and shook in the soft Raikou's thundercloud. His religious upbringing had taught him to love one's enemies, and to reciprocate good to those who are hurtful, even at one's expense. Those who did so would be rewarded not in this life, but in the next.

Was it all a lie?

"...Ollie?" he asked, hanging up the Raikou's reins, sliding down, and opening his arms wide to embrace the Head Ranger if he allowed it. "You're absolutely right. Yes, leaders have to take care of those around them, but you can't take very good care of others if you don't take care of yourself too... right?"

{WC: 245}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:55:00 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

what did leaders do, indeed? did ollie even know?

[break][break] the ranger captain wasn't sure. but what he was sure was that needed someone, whether it be a leader or a friend. and ollie knew that he was always better at being the latter.

[break][break] he blinks as josh eventually slips from his plush, and then his smile is kindwhen it greets the embrace that is asking for. josh would find the hug that ollie gives is warm as it is wide, just like being pulled into a golden cloud.

[break][break] "that's right. you have to take care of yourself first, josh."

[break][break] pulling away, he places both hands on the other's shoulders to look at him properly.

[break][break] "remember: not everything's black and white. if you expect people to forgive those rockets.... forgive yourself, first."

[break]

DOUBT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 8:20:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ollie's hug was the pick-me-up Josh needed. It was a true understanding that the two could relate their troubles to one another not as League officials, but as friends. The Ranger's warmth permeated to the bottom of his heart, tears beading from the sides of his weary eyes.

"Ollie. It took me almost ten years of being able to think for myself to understand what you and others have been trying to tell me. Since I was a child, I had been raised under the doctrine that the Great One, Ho-oh, should be cared for above all else. Then others, then and only then, yourself."

It was indoctrination. Brainwashing. Whatever related political buzzword happened to be flavor of the week for those at the very top that used religion as a tool to embellish themselves.

"I want to give back to people. I really do. But I understand now. You can't give back what you don't have. In order to give to people, you need to have something to give in the first place. Thank you. Now you understand that it's not something I can do overnight. Your perspective has helped me understand not only this situation, but myself, more clearly."

Josh walked over to the power cells to disconnect his electric Pokémon from them, the electricity to his Secret Base to be cut off in a few minutes. "Thanks again for the pep talk. Now how about I give you a ride back to Mauville?"

{WC: 247}
{PC: 8}