6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 8:39:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The wilds near Josh home turf of Mauville City were his playground. Route 118, Mauville Bay, was the domain of his water Pokémon, the Gym Leader frequently seen bouncing across its waves aboard his lightning-fast Sharpedo. Route 111 was the domain of his wilder Pokémon, such as his four Pyroar, who were adept at handling rough terrain. Behind the Daycare on Route 117 was a massive field his Eeveelutions and other more docile Pokémon frequented. A little subconscious about riding his Furret in public, Josh would often take Wiley there, flinging Josh back and forth in the saddle with every U-Turn the normal-type made. None of those places are where he was to meet today, though.

He had agreed to meet the Exacting on the long and straight highway of Old Route 110. A highway less traveled and not as well maintained as the new Route 110 that spanned Slateport to Mauville, it was a perfect place for Josh's Cyclizar to let loose. There was no speed limit on this road due to it no longer being an official thoroughfare. The Gym Leader's trio of Cyclizar, Goroh, Pico, and Jody, all looked ready to inflate their air sacs and speed down the road. "Glad you could make it today!" he waved to Remiel from aboard Jody, the Shiny one of the three dragons. "Hopefully you and Rocinante are looking forward to this as much as I am!"

5ZEzClEV - Confusion for Goroh

{WC: 241}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Jody          Cyclizar**     Good
Goroh         Cyclizar       Good
Pico          Cyclizar       Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 4:16:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Though Remiel rode in upon his SPECTRIER, ROCINANTE, an ILLUMINA GARCHOMP traveled beside them as well. It would regard the trio of CYCLIZAR there with a slightly aggressive snap of its teeth at first. But Remiel was quick to curb such behavior with a sharp click of his tongue and a glare. These were friends, after all. There was no need to assert dominance here and take over the pack.

"Nice to see you again, my friend," The black-haired royal smiles as he dismounts from the spectral horse. Patting the side of the Spectrier's mane when it is mentioned, Remiel nods in agreement. "I think he sensed this coming. He may not look it, but he's very excited." He assures.

Meanwhile, the Illumina Garchomp huffs, drawing the attention of the prince. "This is SARAGOSA. Apologies for her behavior. I'm still training her to behave."

GHOST RIDER
MISSION ✦ BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 1:54:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The bright Illumina Garchomp was a sharp contrast to Rocinante, catching Josh's attention as Goroh began to wobble. Just as he was about to answer Remiel's greeting, the sound of Pico and Goroh colliding with one another distracted him. Unbeknownst to him, it was Goroh that had initiated it, his delirium causing them both to fall. Pico was first to get back up, followed by the Gym Leader's first Cyclizar. "Are you two okay?!" Josh cried, dismounting Jody. Both of them seemed shaken up, but otherwise fine. Not even a scrape against the dragons' tough scales.

With that addressed, Josh was able to at last direct his full attention to Remy and his two Pokémon. "Great to see you again, too!" he gave the royal, then his ghostly steed and Illumina dragon, a proper greeting. "Saragosa reminds me a lot of Twilight, my Absol, before I got her Absolite back. She was an Illumina Pokémon for all of about three months. When she Mega Evolved for the first time afterward, she ceased being Illumina. That's my one scientific contribution to Hoenn: the Illumina phenomenon can be permanently counteracted through Mega Evolution. Discovered it totally by accident, too."

Saragosa was not the star of the show today, though. It was Rocinante. "I'm excited, too," Josh added, the ghost-type's hidden energy seemingly contagious. "If he can outrun a Jolteon, he can put on some serious speed. This will be fun!" Once Remiel and Rocinante were ready, Josh would approach the phantom equine and show friendliness toward him while awaiting the sign to mount up.

uTaLp7fb - Confusion for Goroh

{WC: 264}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 19:35:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Dragons were resilient. Remiel knew that better than most given his heritage. So he wasn't exactly worried about the Cyclizar and their little tussle, and he was about to say as much to Josh. But, just before then, he reconsidered. It wasn't his place to offer advice on taming his dragons, after all. He would learn on his own.

"Oh, yes, I've read about that," Remiel replies, tucking one arm in while propping the other upon it and stroking his chin. "I hadn't realized you were to thank for that discovery. Kudos, Josh." He smiles, briefly shifting his gaze towards Saragosa as she approaches the Cyclizar nearby.

The Illumina Garchomp lowers her head to be level with them... then takes a deep sniff. Her shark-like tail slowly flicks to and fro, a sign of minor predatory behavior. Eventually, that turns into a gentle sway. It seems that, for now, Saragosa is interested in simply playing.

Meanwhile, Rocinante excitedly stamps his front hooves as the new human approaches. Though such an act may startle Josh, Remiel quickly assures the gym leader that Rocinante is not aggressive. The equine does well to convey this by bowing his head next, allowing the gym leader to pat his flowing purple mane and the bottom of his neck.

"I think he's ready to go," The exiled prince remarks with a nod. "Need help mounting him?"

GHOST RIDER
MISSION ✦ BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:50:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks, though it was completely by accident," Josh replied. "I had no idea the Illumina phenomenon rejected other high energy forms like that of Mega Evolution. I'll have to keep that in mind if I run into any more Illumina Pokémon, though they are very rare. Plus, given how picky I am with the Pokémon I catch..." he trailed off, unsure how he wanted to finish.

At first frozen by Saragosa's intimidating twitching, Goroh relaxed when he saw the golden dragon do likewise. It seemed they wanted to play, and what better way to play by chasing one another down? With a squealing noise coming from its rear air sac, the Cyclizar pulled a sudden wheelie and began circling Remiel's Pokémon, though with plenty of room to ensure the Garchomp would be safe.

The hoofbeat didn't surprise Josh at all; he was used to how excited many of his Pokémon got around guest riders. Taking the hint, Josh briefly took his Z-Glove off to run his hand through the ghost-type's mane and gently pet the majestic creature. "I've never seen a Pokémon like this before. The only ghost-type I've ever ridden on is a Dragapult, and this has a totally different feel to it already."

While Rocinante was big, Josh was used to mounting big Pokémon, such as his Arcanine. "Should be able to handle it myself!" With a bit of effort, he climbed aboard the phantom equine. If there was tack on the Spectrier, he would use it; otherwise, he would leave his trust in the royal's Pokémon. "I imagine he controls like any other ride Pokémon? If there's anything special I need to know about him, I'd love to know ahead of time. Otherwise, I'm ready for him to run!"

fzNJKUtg - Confusion for Goroh

{WC: 300}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 10:35:10 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Saragosa drops down to all fours when the Cyclizar initiates play. Though the sight of the Garchomp crouching down may suggest predatory intent, however, the distinct sway of its tail and the fact that its gills remained unflared would suggest otherwise. Or, at least, to those in the know of such dragons, anyway.

This is precisely why Remiel remains unalarmed when the Illumina Garchomp starts bouncing around and trying to 'catch' the speedy Cyclizar. The invitation to play had been accepted, and he was free to turn back to Josh to facilitate a ride upon the royal Spectrier. "There's nothing else quite like the horses of Galarian legend. It is said the HIGH KING CALYREX had one of his own as a mount."

Though he was always one to offer a bit of historical context when applicable, this particular fact came with some emotional baggage. Bits and pieces of his life in that ALTERNATE GALAR (RUSTED SWORD) flashed through his mind at that moment. It takes another to reconcile with himself and snap back to reality as Josh mounts the Spectrier without needing any additional assistance.

"Fantastic," He smiles, standing upright as he places his hands on his hips. "There isn't much to warn about you besides holding on tight... oh, there is one thing, actually. You see, ever since his metamorphosis, Rocinante—" Before he can finish his sentence, the Spectrier sprints forward in full gallop, leaving wispy shadows in its wake.

GHOST RIDER
MISSION ✦ BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 3:09:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mention of the Galarian legendary raised questions from Josh. "The High King Calyrex? Never heard of him." Had he forgotten that much about the Galar Memory already? Almost everything about that twenty years of alternate history escaped the Gym Leader's memory. The only thing he remembered vividly was sitting in Raikou's thundercloud saddle, beheading foe after foe with his Electro Ball sword. What he wouldn't give to have both of those back to fight against Team Rocket. If being an Avatar came with that kind of privilege, he couldn't sign that contract any faster.

Just as Remiel was explaining something special about Rocinante, the Spectrier went from zero to full gallop in little time at all, flinging Josh back. If there was a saddle on the ghost-type's back, he would have appreciated it.

Goroh took off after Rocinante, his air sacs squealing. The Cyclizar was able to overtake Rocinante at first, but that didn't last long as the ghostly steed's gallop got faster and faster. The ghost-type was even outpacing Blinky, one of the fastest Pokémon Josh had. Without his suit, though, the Gym Leader couldn't get a measurement of just how fast the rare Pokémon was.

Then he had an idea. He withdrew Blinky before she got too far away, replacing her with Raikiri the Zeraora. Running on all fours, the mythical cat was the fastest land Pokémon Josh had. Wondering how much faster the Spectrier could get, Josh flicked its reins if it had them; otherwise he would verbally ask Rocinante to jump. Would the horse be able to outrun even a Zeraora?

rmkPiOKJ - Confusion for Goroh

{WC: 268}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 10:18:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel might have gone into detail about the High King and even the events of that ALTERNATE GALAR that he remembered. He might have even shown Josh the AMULET from that alternate Galar that he kept hidden beneath his shirt. But, alas, they would have to save all that for another time as Rocinante sped off.

The prince places his hands on his hips and watches from afar with a smile. Nearby, his Garchomp continues to play a game of hide-and-seek with the Cyclizar pack. Their ruckus is enough to scare a few Pidgey out from the bushes.

When Josh's Zeraora joins the fray, however, even that aforementioned ruckus isn't enough to tear Remiel's eyes away from the race. And, sure enough, his Spectrier enters the shadowy portal of a PHANTOM FORCE without its rider's consent. That was exactly what he'd wanted to warn Josh about. They reappear out from another shadowy portal almost immediately down the road, however.

Remiel wondered if Josh and his Zeraora would consider just travel 'cheating' in a race. If that was the case, then his own abilities would likely be considered the same.

GHOST RIDER
MISSION ✦ BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 1:10:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The warp hole serving as the front half of PHANTOM FORCE took Josh by surpsied. He would have panicked had it not been for his experiences riding his Dragapult, Sidewinder, through the ethereal world. Resembling a darkened, inverse-color world from their own, everything on the back side was cold and oppressive, just like he remembered it with the ghostly dragon. No longer limited by the physical world, the royal's horse accelerated even more.

A bright burst of light flooded Josh's eyes as Rocinante returned from the ethereal to the physical, Josh letting an almost feminine whoop from the intensity of the adrenaline rush. Though it was through fairly slow gains, Raikiri passed Remiel's Pokémon for a second time. The two mythical Pokémon sung a symphony of hoof and paw with the ludicrous, perhaps unsafe speeds they sped down the old thoroughfare, wild Pokémon ducking for cover to get out of the way. It was clear that the two were on roughly the same tier of speed, reinforcing the Gym Leader's desire to track one down all the more.

When Josh had his fill of racing Rocinante, experimenting with direct, tactile control through either reins on the horse, or hand pressure if there were none, he and his Zeraora returned to Remiel's side. "Now I... want one for myself... all the more...!" Josh slowly exhaled, the disgusting speed from the PHANTOM FORCE leaving even the Master of Faster short of breath.

BJSns_Xl - Confusion for Goroh

{WC: 243}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 21:31:03 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel claps as the rider and his mount return to his company. "Good show! You put each other through your respective paces, I could tell." He smiles, stepping forward to pat his Spectrier's soft mane and grant him some scritches under the chin. The ghostly horse neighs and blows air out of its nostrils the way it used to when it was alive.

Meanwhile, enlivened by Josh's words, the prince responds. "I was reunited with this one on MT. PYRE, though it was very much a chance of fate. Well... that and a lot of carrots. Shaderoot, in particular." He adds, recalling the circumstances of that fateful night so long ago...

What ever happened to that cult he'd been investigating?

GHOST RIDER
MISSION ✦ BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 2:08:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Shaderoot carrots..." Josh trailed off. "I'll have to ask around about them." There were plenty of botany experts in Hoenn, including the ones that helped him take care of his Gracidea. It would be a while before they were in bloom. Without their help, though, the plants wouldn't be anywhere near as healthy as they were otherwise. Perhaps one day he could reconnect with and ask him about it.

The adrenaline rush finally wearing off, replaced with the emotional low of his weariness, the Master of Faster slid off Rocinante's back. "Phew," he sighed. "That Phantom Force is so fast! Even takes it out of me. If you're going about the Gym Challenge, I think you'd succeed at Mauville Gym! With how in sync you and your partner are, you would have no problem qualifying."

With that, Josh whistled for Goroh, the Cyclizar knowing it was time for them to return home after such a fun adventure. "Thanks again. I won't forget this. See you around - and say hi to for me!" Waving goodbye, the gentle dragon's air sacs began whirling, carrying his trainer north toward the densely-populated city.

{WC: 191}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 10:39:18 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

Truth be told, it had been some time since he'd considered challenging a gym. Seeing the passion that simply oozed from Josh's charisma, however, did serve to reignite that desire. "I may just take you up on that, my friend," He grins, reaching out to shake the lad's hand after he dismounts. "I'm certain we'd have a great time."[BREAK][BREAK]

But, alas, the time to part had come. Saragosa laments this with a draconic mewl as her Cyclizar friends are called back to their trainer's side. Remiel, in the meantime, mounts his Spectrier and casts a wave goodbye. "I will! Safe travels."[break][break]

FIN

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]GHOST RIDER ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Ghost Rider [M][C/Remy]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 0:47:24 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: