Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
RKS: Aurelie and Nomi #1
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:51:41 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in the Hoenn desert. However, upon scrutinizing the area, you realize this is not the Hoenn of modern day. The people around you look like they belong to an old civilization. Busily, they work at constructing what appears to be a temple or tomb among the great dunes of this place.[break][break]

When asked, a worker says, "We are creating a great protector. Eons ago, a great star fell from the heavens and landed here. We are finally able to harness its power. Go. Take a look!"[break][break]

You enter the incomplete tomb to see a large chunk of some unknown purple material. Red veins pulse throughout it like blood—or poison. It emanates a great power. Before it, several boulders are set against each other.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Disturb the boulders.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:31:34 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]How deep does the rabbit hole go?
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]I can't believe, Aurelie thought wryly, that not that long after realizing our lives were nothing more than a dream within a dream, we're voluntarily choosing to enter another dream within a dream.

Yet, this time, at least she, and everyone else involved, had a slightly better idea of what they were entering. At least, seemed to have a lot more understanding of what was going on with these simulated worlds they were entering. It was strange to think of the young grad student as a Head Scientist of Rocket now, but considering Nomi had been a major part of the breakthrough with studying the Seal Stone, Aurelie was glad enough to accompany someone with her level of experience and confidence.

"Have you been here before?" she asked curiously, as the world around them resolved into a desert scene filled with people busily working and rushing about. Eyeing their tools and clothing, Aurelie frowned in consternation. "Don't tell me we've traveled back in time aga...well..."

She stopped herself and shook her head, before gesturing to one of the workers. "I mean, just look at him using a copper chisel on that boulder. That's much too soft to cut through solid rock! There's no way this would happen with modern-day tools and equipment."

On seeing the two women approaching, one of the workers urged them to head inside to behold the energy source around which they were building their tomb or temple. The thing inside the circle of boulders gave Aurelie a shiver. As much as Aurelie usually loved to encounter and learn about new materials, there was something decidedly unsettling about the way the reddish veins pulsed along the surface of the unknown purple substance, as if alive and flowing with blood. She hung back near the boulders in front, looking wary and uneasy.

"I vote for not getting anywhere near that thing," she remarked with a shake of her head, "let alone touching it. Not sure what the proper scientific term is, but that purple rock's giving me the creeps."

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 3:02:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

No, she had not been here before.[break][break]
Fascinated, Nomi took in her surroundings. An ancient desert populated by workers, their energy reminiscent of busy Combee building a hive. Large stones were being maneuvered into the vague outline of a building, and Nomi thought perhaps it looked a bit like a temple or shrine. Is this the origin time period of some of our modern day ruins? She wondered.[break][break]
"This one is new for me," she told , excitement evident in her tone of voice. "I almost always get sent to the Ruins of Alph, where the Unown speak to me..."[break][break]
She had been pleased to see Aurelie's name on the list of volunteers hoping to aid Rocket in the search for Arceus: after all, Aurelie had been very helpful when Nomi had first started studying Tera Crystals. She had hoped to work with the red-haired woman again but, well, things had become quite busy...and ever since returning from the conflict at the Ancient Tomb, Nomi had been working overtime on the building of the RKS machine while also trying to make sense of everything that had happened to her.[break][break]
At the urging of one of the workers, Nomi and Aurelie entered the half-completed structure and observed the pulsing purple rock...a shiver traveled down Nomi's spine at the sight of the red veins running through it. Something itched in the back of her mind, a half-formed memory, a name on the tip of her tongue. The red and purple reminded her of something...[break][break]
"Does it look familiar to you?" She asked Aurelie, ignoring the other woman's cautionary warning and moving closer. "I feel like...I've seen something like it before."[break][break]
A poisoned land, a well of power, a stormy crimson sky.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE ONE: WISHING STAR

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 22:55:33 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]How deep does this rabbit hole go?
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie shook her head in response to Nomi's question, frowning nervously as the Head Scientist moved closer to the disturbing purple-and-red rock. "No, I've never seen anything like it. Although..."

The red-haired smith pursed her lips in thought, her brow furrowing in a struggle to remember. In her memory, she heard the ringing of hammers and the roar of huge furnaces around her, far more than occupied her modest workshop in Lilycove City. There was a chunk of ore on a worktable before her and an excited voice with a strange accent, talking rapidly about the trials and travails they'd undergone to mine the ore.

But the memory was distant and faint, as if she'd watched this scene unfold in a movie or TV show—or possibly in a dream.

"I feel like I've heard stories about it somewhere, a long time ago," she said uncertainly. "Someone...I don't remember who it was, but I think someone from Galar..." Which was odd, because she didn't really know too many Galarians. "They were telling me about how they were mining in caverns and found a purple heart-like thing beating and pulsing down there, like it was alive. Maybe whatever that thing was, was something like this."

She pointed at the purple chunk before them, the object of veneration for the workers building the temple around them. "But...I don't really remember where I heard that. It feels like it was years ago, maybe even decades. So, I know it's not much to go on."

Then Aurelie looked over at Nomi and sighed, her expression softening into a resigned smile. "But I also know you're a scientist, and you like learning about new things. And this thing is definitely new, if nothing else. If you're interested in it and want to take a sample or something, I can't blame you."

She reached into her pocket and fished out a folding high-carbon steel utility knife she always carried, which thankfully had come with her into this simulation. "Here," she offered. "You can use this to chisel off a piece of the rock, if you want. Maybe we can somehow bring it back and study it later?"

Choice: Touch the purple chunk

+50 RKS points

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 21:41:05 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Someone from Galar. That tracked. Oddly, Nomi found herself nodding along to what Aurelie was saying.[break][break]
"Maybe a documentary?" Nomi suggested. "Or perhaps you did meet someone." That felt more right, somehow, though she did not know why. Maybe it simply had to do with the earnest expression on Aurelie's face.[break][break]
Nomi took the proffered knife, admiring how lightweight it felt in her hand. "One of yours?" She confirmed, with gratitude. "I should have thought to bring more equipment this time, but, well...it's not usually this sort of scenario for me."[break][break]
Hopefully, her next time journeying into the machine would deposit her back in the Ruins of Alph. She wanted to try using her own Unown to attempt to better communicate with the ones in the simulation.[break][break]
Focus, she reminded herself. Right. A sample.[break][break]
"You're correct about me," Nomi commented idly, reaching out to touch the pulsing chunk of rock. "I do like learning about new things. I was that way prior to becoming a scientist. My grandmother used to say my curiosity would get me in trouble someday." Nomi smiled fondly, eyes distant as she recalled one such memory of her grandmother's teasing. "I suppose in many ways, it already has."[break][break]
Fingertips touched smooth, warm rock. And with a sudden and wholly unexpected jolt, Nomi's mind flooded with vivid imagery, both familiar and unfamiliar, alarming and fascinating.[break][break]
CHOICE: Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 21:42:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You touch the purple chunk. Suddenly, you and everyone nearby is overtaken by a horrific vision of a skeletal dragon soaring above the planet, its ribs and claws as sharp as its tendrils. From a nearby meteoroid, a DEOXYS shoots outward. It attempts to attack the ETERNATUS.[break][break]

In the process, a fragment from the ETERNATUS' BODY falls toward the earth...[break][break]

All of you come to and see that the mysterious material is pulsing. With every pulse, the purple chunk begins to manipulate the spatial elements of reality around it and yourselves. Paranoia begins to settle in... before the scenario shifts.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Shift to the next scenario.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 4:14:02 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie nodded in confirmation when Nomi asked if the knife was one of her creations and chuckled along ruefully at the scientist's fond reminiscence about her grandmother's warning about curiosity. I wonder if Nomi's a cat person, she idly thought, watching intently as the woman reached toward the strange purple rock.

Whatever she expected when Nomi's fingers came into contact with the rock, though, it wasn't...this.

Suddenly, instead of being inside a desert temple, she found herself hanging in mid-air above the planet, with scudding clouds at her feet showing glimpses of the regions and oceans far below. All around and above her were stars and comets glimmering against the velvet blackness of outer space. Then, with a shock, Aurelie saw a skeletal dragon launch itself over the planet, only to be attacked by an alien leaping from a passing meteoroid.

The emotional part of her mind just wanted to flee from the battle. The analytical part wondered how it was even possible to experience a vision within a digital simulation—truly a dream within a dream. Her memory struggled to place both Pokemon, especially as there was something hauntingly, horribly familiar about the skeletal dragon as it twisted and clawed at the bipedal alien figure.

"Argh! Ughhh," the red-haired smith groaned, clutching her head. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a faint streak of purplish light as a chunk of the dragon's skeleton was torn loose in battle and fell below to the earth.

Aurelie came out of the terrifying vision bent over and gasping for breath, with a powerful headache stabbing at her temples. But then the wave of paranoia and terror set in, and Aurelie's gaze took in the knife still in Nomi's hand, as well as the pulsing purple rock. Panic shone in her single eye as she backed away from both, clapping a hand over her mouth as her stomach clenched and roiled.

"I...I'm sorry, I'm not used to things like this," she mumbled. As the purple stone's powers continued to warp the world around them in mind-bending pulses, she wrapped her arms around herself as if to assure herself of her own solidity. "Arceus, I feel like I'm going to throw up. Do you ever get used to things like this?"

She closed her eye to avoid looking at how the scene around them dissolved and melted away like ice cream dripping out of a cone on a hot summer day. "Let me know when things get sane again, will you, please? I...I guess this rock must be that piece of Eternatus that fell off its body, right? Not sure if this is the kind of power those people were hoping to get out of it."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 3:00:29 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Eternatus.[break][break]
The Skeleton.[break][break]
Nomi's head pounded, and she gasped as the world righted itself again. The vision had been incredibly vivid, as if she had been sucked through a portal into ultra space.[break][break]
"Why was Eternatus fighting a Deoxys?" She blurted out, feeling dizzy. "That's not right. It fought Necrozma in -- "[break][break]
Galar. She was about to say Galar. But how would she know that? She'd never been to Galar...had she?[break][break]
"Aurelie?" Nomi called out, shakily getting to her feet and going over to the red-haired woman. She crouched down, putting a hand on her shoulder, wincing as a wave of vertigo passed through her.[break][break]
Aurelie mumbled something about possibly throwing up, then she shut her eyes tight and seemed to get ahold of herself - if momentarily. All around them, the ruins and the purple rock began to dissolve, breaking apart and reforming into some new scenario. Nomi had no idea what she should do about Aurelie...so she simply held onto her, hoping the solid feel of her hand would bring some measure of comfort to the bladesmith.[break][break]
"I do think that rock was a piece of Eternatus," Nomi murmured, realizing just how discerning Aurelie's observation had been. How did she know about Eternatus? Had she been to the Ancient Tomb? Nomi did not fully understand why, but she knew, intuitively, that the two were connected somehow. "It wasn't real, but we should record everything we noticed about it after we're done in the machine. Perhaps there's a tangible one out there somewhere..."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 3:19:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FARHAN 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The Hoenn region has plunged into war. Battles are waged between Team Rocket and the League throughout the land. From this high on MT. CHIMNEY, you can see the destruction taking place. Cities groan as earthquakes raze buildings. Flames burn through forests and fields.[break][break]

Farhan, a Kindler, stands before you. He seems to be protecting the volcano's mouth for whatever reason. As a bead of sweat rolls down his cheek, the man says: "do you come in peace, or to violate this sacred mountain?"[break][break]

He waits, pokeballs in hand. His gaze rests on a peculiar device you have hauled up here. It looks like a bomb of some kind.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Defeat him.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Aid him.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 17:40:52 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]As the waves of nausea and paranoia gradually passed, Aurelie patted Nomi's comforting hand gratefully as she slowly regained her composure. The other woman's touch, light though it was, had helped anchor Aurelie to something that felt real and solid. In this maddeningly unpredictable digital world, that wasn't something Aurelie was about to take for granted.

Nomi's advice to remember and record everything they'd experienced so far also sounded solid and sensible, especially given her far greater experience with these simulations. At least, she hadn't judged Aurelie too harshly for her strong reaction to the events so far. Listening to Nomi, the red-haired smith took a deep breath and nodded solemnly.

"You're right, of course," Aurelie agreed, feeling calmness slowly flow back into her mind. "Yeah... Yeah, I think you're probably right that there's some real-world analogue to all these things too—or at least there's a possibility of one.

"So, it's even more important to stay objective and observant,"
she concluded. Then, flashing a wry smile, she added, "Of course, that's easier to say when we're not being flung into outer space to watch—did you say that was Eternatus and Deoxys we saw fighting just now? Dear Arceus." A shudder rippled through her, betraying her trepidation. She hastily shook her head, as if to attempting to shake off her fear, and looked around herself quickly.

Her single eye widened at the sight of the chaos and destruction around them, as well as the colorfully dressed man standing before them. Instead of the darkness of outer space or the sinister cavern with the purple stone, they found themselves this time on the side of a mountain, surrounded this time by smoke and fire issuing from both the warfare below and the top of the volcano above them. The man himself seemed to be wearing the distinctive robes of a Kindler, which she remembered from seeing them in the Lilycove Cultural Festival, and Aurelie recalled that their leader had been named Farhan.

"Well, this looks a little closer to home," the red-haired smith quipped. She couldn't keep from wincing as she added, "Unfortunately."

Wars between League and Rocket members, cities being torn apart, and fields and forests burning in the melee—what else was new? Apparently, she and Nomi had even hauled a bomb up to the volcano. She wrinkled her brow with effort as she fished through what little she knew about Farhan and the Kindlers.

"You're part of the League, aren't you?" she asked the man. Aurelie's eye wandered toward the Head Scientist next to her, weighing the possibilities.

In an undertone, she said out of the corner of her mouth to Nomi, "On one hand, it'd make sense we're here to hinder him. In real life, we absolutely would be, right? But this isn't real, so... Maybe we can learn something new from this digital simulation of Farhan if we help him?

"Especially if your hypothesis about things in here having a corresponding tangible analogue in our world is true,"
she added, her tongue tripping slightly over the string of long words. "Maybe we'll get to hear something that we'd never get a chance to find out otherwise."

Choice: Aid him.

Loot: 50 RKS Points

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 2:33:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The change of scenery was jarring.[break][break]
Nomi reeled, still a little dizzy from their encounter with the Eternatus rock. She and Aurelie were outdoors now, bright light nearly blinding her after the darkness of the cave they had just been standing within. The sounds of battle could be heard below them, and Nomi peered over the edge of a cliff to see several groups of people clashing in the valley, their Pokémon viciously attacking one another. Cries of pain and rage mixed together to create a terrible cacophony. Nomi winced, recognizing this to be some intense conflict between the League and Rocket. But why? When?[break][break]
"I think we're at Mt. Chimney," she recognized, finally getting her bearings.[break][break]
A man's voice caught Nomi's attention, and she turned to look at the figure Aurelie had already noticed. A man who seemed vaguely familiar, dressed in some sort of ritual garb. A name on the tip of her tongue - from the Rondez-View of Luv game. Farhan?[break][break]
Before Nomi could speak to him, however, Aurelie whispered something under her breath. Nomi turned to the red-haired woman conspiratorially, intrigued by her suggestions.[break][break]
"Clever thinking," she remarked, nodding. "You're right - we should use this as an opportunity for valuable reconnaissance." It was somewhat comical that they were whispering, given that Farhan was part of a simulation. He likely could not hear them or respond to them.[break][break]
But someone else might, Nomi thought warily. Despite having been involved in the construction of the RKS machine, a device controlled by Rocket, Nomi could not shake the feeling that they were somehow being watched...[break][break]
"Very well, let's aid him."[break][break]
CHOICE: Aid him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE TWO: FARHAN

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 2:36:53 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]FARHAN 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You decide to aid him. Farhan sighs in relief and his fellow Kindlers take the heavy device, ready to deploy it as a defensive mechanism against any intruding forces. As they haul it away, Farhan is quick to offer gratitude:[break][break]

"thank you... ever since our moltres' cousin sided with rocket, the volcano has been a site of great contention." Farhan wipes sweat off his brow.[break][break]

His Torkoal mews, alerting them to trouble ahead.[break][break]

"quick. we must set up defenses."[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Prepare defenses.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:19:58 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie breathed a sigh of relief when Nomi agreed to her suggestion and even praised it as "clever", grateful that the Head Scientist didn't immediately think her plan was foolish. She could think of a few holes in her own logic, like We could learn just as much from fighting him, such as learning his tactics and weaknesses or We're not likely to learn very much from a digital simulation of him, or what we learn could be wrong or misleading. And it hadn't even occurred to Aurelie, as it had to Nomi, that Rocket or something else entirely might be monitoring them and judging their actions accordingly.

But it was done now, and Aurelie watched the simulated Kindlers haul away the bomb that she and Nomi had apparently brought up the mountain. At least, the little tidbit that Farhan offered in the midst of offering his gratitude came as unexpected news to Aurelie. The red-haired smith wasn't terribly well-informed about all the Legendaries, but as a Fire-type aficionado, she was well aware of Moltres, the legendary bird of fire.

"Your Moltres' cousin defected to Rocket?" she echoed, her single eye widening. Choosing her words carefully, she added, "So, does that mean there's another Moltres out there and it's on Rocket's side now? That would be a big boost to Rocket, if it were true. I could see why that would cause trouble..."

As Farhan moved away to set up defenses, Aurelie lingered for a moment to catch Nomi's eye, tilting her head questioningly. "I hadn't heard this bit about Moltres and its cousin before," she confided candidly. "To be honest, I thought Moltres was still missing, so this is new to me, anyway. Had you heard about any of this, Dr. Sato?"

She wasn't quite sure if Nomi had achieved her doctorate degree yet, but it seemed wise to address her respectfully as such, given her high status in Rocket.

Just as she finished talking, they heard a loud boom coming from the direction where Farhan had gone, followed by a brilliant flare of crimson flames. They could feel the ground beneath their feet trembling with the force of the explosion. Aurelie's head swung toward the source of the boom, eyebrows rising in consternation.

"I wonder if they just set off that bomb that we brought up here," she exclaimed. "Did something set off their defenses already? What new crazy thing is going on this time?"

Loot: 100 RKS Points

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:31:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi had not, in fact, earned her PhD quite yet, but she was too distracted to correct Aurelie - so intent was she on figuring out the nature of Farhan's cryptic words.[break][break]
"One could argue the other two members of the Legendary Kanto trio are 'cousins', in a sense," Nomi mused. "Zapdos was once allied with Rocket through former head scientist , but now...it has returned to the New Mauville powerplant to roost and recharge. Articuno, as far as we know, is still allied with the League."[break][break]
She pursed her lips, considering.[break][break]
"Of course, he could be talking about...a different Moltres. As far as I know, there's only one..." That didn't feel quite right, though, as if Nomi had some sort of evidence that there were, in fact, two of the powerful phoenixes. Zapdos was orange in the dream I had at the Ancient Tomb, she remembered, recalling those strange not-quite-memories with a sudden clarity.[break][break]
An explosion sounded nearby, shaking Nomi from her reverie. All around them, the air began to shimmer - not unlike a heat wave - and the rocky ground shuddered, disintegrating right before their eyes.[break][break]
"Looks like we won't get to find out what happens next in their battle," Nomi remarked calmly. "The simulation is changing."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE TWO: FARHAN

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 20:07:28 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]thundurus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]THUNDURUS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Thunder cracks above a turbulent sea. Flashes of lightning are but the briefest beacons illuminating the night, but they only serve to clarify the hair-raising waves your small ship manages to survive. Storm clouds mask the moon—but they seem to be moving closer toward you, hanging unusually low.[break][break]

The storm clouds stop before your ship. From the cumulous cover, a THERIAN THUNDURUS emerges with crackling lightning coursing from its knotted tail. What does it want? It does not look pleased.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Appease the thunder god.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.