Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Summer Nights and Carnival Lights [M] [Funtasia]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 14:36:12 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Laughter, rides, games, and cotton candy
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The last vestiges of daylight were fading swiftly into twilight as Aurelie sauntered up toward the wide, grassy fairgrounds where the traveling FUNTASIA carnival had been set up. Only a few minutes ago, the sky had glowed in a brilliant palette of orange, gold, and rose, but now those vibrant hues had deepened into a rich, starry sapphire-blue. Though a small line was already forming, the fairgrounds seemed oddly dark and silent, making Aurelie wonder if she was in the right place.

Then in the center of the fairgrounds, glints of bright fluorescent lights began to sparkle and flash like flames against the evening sky. The attractions suddenly whirred to life and blazed into full brightness, illuminating the white-painted metal fence around the carnival, and cheery, catchy music began to play. Aurelie beamed, feeling her spirits rise like a rollercoaster ride.

I love the carnival, she thought. Everything's so fun and colorful and upbeat and silly—just my style! I can't wait to get inside.

Stepping up to the large, eye-catching archway that spelled out the word 'CARNIVAL' in glittering neon letters, Aurelie paid for a ticket and strode inside jauntily.

Pausing by the entrance, she took a deep, appreciative sniff of the scents of caramel, cotton candy, corn dogs, and fried potatoes—and possibly fried everything else too—permeating the air. Red-and-white striped tents, booths, and stalls stretched around her seemingly for miles, festooned with garlands of festive lights in pink, yellow, and blue. At the far end of the carnival, Aurelie could see the Ferris Wheel, whose lights twinkled like tiny stars as its cabins glided gently toward the night sky.

The red-haired smith looked around, trying to catch a glimpse of or , to no avail. Nor did she hear their voices over the rollicking organ music and the chatter and laughter of carnival workers and fairgoers, at least not at the moment. A pang of anxiety dampened her excited eagerness.

I hope they both come, Aurelie thought. I thought a carnival would be a fun way for all of us to spend time together. As friends or...well. We'll see. Her lips curved into a smirk, which slowly faded as she looked around again.

In the meantime, she decided to stay close to the entrance. Aurelie wandered over toward a pink-and-purple-striped stall nearby, selling carnival treats. She eyed the globes of pastel-colored cotton candy consideringly, before slowly shaking her head.

"I'd like one of those chocolate-dipped bananas on a stick, please," she said instead, nodding toward a large frozen banana coated in dark chocolate and sprinkles, mounted on a popsicle stick.

Moments later, Aurelie was happily nibbling away at the treat as she watched for either Jack or Xiura.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

|
Mission: Carnival Camaraderie
+1 stamp - Eat a carnival treat

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 15:18:29 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]
[attr="class","jacktext"]

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

Jack rubbed his forehead, sending a sharp pain lancing into his brain. Ahead of him was his own reflection, mouth turned down into a frown and his eyes squinted in pain. A ring of sweat where his forehead had struck the mirror marred the otherwise handsome features of his face. With a long smooth exhalation of breath, Jack hitched a smile back onto his face and allowed the minor pain in his head to fade while he examined himself in the funhouse mirror. He was wearing an Alolan-print shirt left unbuttoned all the way down, courtesy of the Alolan Tourism Board, and a pair of khaki shorts that still didn't relieve much of the summer heat. Sweat glistened across his chest and abdomen, now looking toned rather than emaciated after his return to Hoenn.[break][break]

Turning away from the mirror, he caught his own eyes in reflections all around him and he began to make his way, carefully, through the fun house. I should have just waited outside like a normal person, he thought to himself. After agreeing to meet his girlfriend and their mutual friend at the carnival, he had arrived much earlier than he needed to and needed to fill the time with something other than being left alone with his own thoughts. As expected, Watts had raced ahead immediately and was probably long done from the maze of mirrors and begging carnival treats from gullible carnival goers. Jack continued to walk, his hand outstretched to warn him of any tricky mirrors as he twisted and turned down the seemingly endless halls of mirrored glass. A blast of cold air from an overhead cooling unit sent a bead of icy sweat down his spine, his skin pebbling as the frigid droplet ran over the heated skin. A small shiver shook him as he felt the sweat droplet slip past the waistband of his shorts where it was raised above his tight gluteal muscles. Should have worn underwear, he thought ruefully.[break][break]

Stepping from beneath the cold blast of the air conditioning unit, Jack pushed resolutely forward past more mirrors in hopes that he would soon find his Boltund and the beautiful ladies he hoped were waiting somewhere outside.

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Carnival Camaraderie[break]
+ +1 Stamp: Get lost in the house of mirrors

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jacktext b"]color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jacktext i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackooc"]} .jackpost .jackooc b { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jackooc i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .jackpost .jackooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 4:01:09 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]LAUGHTER, RIDES, GAMES, AND COTTON CANDY
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]After polishing off the last of the chocolate-covered banana and considering buying another one, Aurelie found herself wondering what had become of Jack and Xiura. Both of them had said they were looking forward to the carnival, and it wasn't like either of them to be late. Checking the time on her phone, Aurelie pursed her lips in thought, before impulsively deciding to text them both to ask what happened.

Xiura texted back after a minute or two, saying she was running late and would let her know when she got to the carnival. The red-haired smith nodded, satisfied and sympathetic. After waiting a few more minutes, though, she frowned when no reply appeared from Jack. Hmph, she snorted internally, he better not be ignoring me!

At least, knowing about Xiura's status made Aurelie feel more comfortable meandering away from the entrance toward the rest of the carnival. She bought another banana on a stick, this one coated with white chocolate and chocolate chips, and wandered toward another row of stalls covered with bright banners. Vendors started calling out to her, as they did to everyone passing by, hawking their wares.

"A souvenir of your evening here? A teddy bear? A postcard?" "Some jewelry for you, pretty lady?" "Come get a nice mug or shot glass with a picture of the Ferris wheel or the carousel! Buy one, get one free!"

Some bobbing and floating motions in the corner of her eye caught Aurelie's attention. Turning, she saw a stall selling Pokemon-shaped balloons. They were honestly quite adorable, and judging from the happy faces of the kids leaving the stall with balloons, she wasn't the only one who thought so. The vendor, catching her gaze, waved eagerly to her.

Maybe I should get something... she ruminated, drifting a little closer. You know, support the carnival. And definitely not just because I really want that Charizard balloon!

After about five seconds of deliberation, she ended up walking away from the stall with a Charizard balloon tied to her wrist and a sheepish, yet pleased grin on her face. Aurelie really did feel like a child again, being here. At the same time, though, she kept glancing up at the glossy balloon on her arm and smiling, without even a slight twinge of regret.

As she walked past the House of Mirrors attraction, the red-haired smith thought she heard familiar barking coming from nearby. A Boltund rushed excitedly toward her, tail wagging and mouth open in a wide smile. Aurelie's heart melted immediately.

"Hi! Hello there!" Aurelie enthused, thoroughly won over, bending down to pat the Boltund's back. 'I'm sorry, I can't give you my banana! The chocolate would make you sick, I'm pretty sure. But gosh, you're so cute! You're such a good boy, aren't you? Yes, you are! Yes, you are!"

|
+1 stamp: Buy a Balloon Pokemon

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 21:15:01 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucinatest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Xiura quickly picked up her olive-green skirts and hastened towards the Funtasia carnival, more than a little embarrassed at how late she was to meet her friends, Jack and Aurelie. The time had gotten away from her as she had adjusted and re-adjusted her clothing, a light, summery take on traditional Ecruteak fashion with a white chemise, a sheer white cardigan, and a green pleated skirt. The evening was darkening rapidly; the stars were peeking out of their velvety blanket, yet were too shy to approach the brightly lit atmosphere of the carnival.
[break][break]
She paid for a ticket at the entrance, then entered a fantastical world of blazing color and light. The sweet smell of sugar caught her senses, and before she knew it, her nose had taken her to a kiosk where they were spinning giant, flower-like heads of cotton candy. An indulgence worth paying for, she thought, quickly purchasing one and then scurrying off to find Aurelie and Jack, a frothy pink Cherubi-shaped treat in hand.
[break][break]
As she passed the House of Mirrors, the appearance of a red-headed woman greeting a Boltund caught her eye.
[break][break]
“Aurelie!” Xiura exclaimed happily, rushing over to her dear friend. “It’s been too long, really! I’m so sorry for being late.” She sheepishly waved her cotton candy stick in apology. “What have you done so far? Here, at the carnival,” she asked. “And where’s Jack?” She crouched down to pet the familiar Watts, who leaped up to plant both paws on one knee.

| [break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- Mission: Carnival Camaraderie[break]
- +1 stamp - Eat a carnival treat

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3"]--accent:#BB7AEB;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 1:05:39 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Guess I'll just die in here, Jack thought as he bumped into another mirror with an exasperated sigh. He had stopped having fun awhile ago and prickles of anxiety began creeping into his brain as he imagined his friends waiting around for him outside. Sliding his cell phone from the tight pocket of his shorts, he checked for signal again but the no service icon still flashed in the corner. This place is built like a coffin, he thought as he glanced down to wiggle the cell phone back into his pocket.[break][break]

As he was looking down, he noticed a faint pattern of discolouration on the metal floor of the fun house as if years of wet shoes traipsing through the maze had worn the path into the surface. Keeping his head tilted earthward, he cautiously walked while following the barely perceptible path on the floor. After a few twists and turns his confidence rose until his was striding boldly between the rows of his handsome reflection. With a triumphant step that was almost a leap, he emerged into the warm summer air and suppressed the urge to whoop for joy.[break][break]

A grin broke across his face as he spotted Aurelie and Xiura in the distance with the traitorous Watts playing at their side. Sliding gracefully through the crowd, he appeared behind Aurelie and said "You two must be my carnival prizes for making it out of that damned house of mirrors." He planted a quick kiss on Aurelie's cheek before winking at Xiura and continuing, "But for real, that fun house sucked. Don't go in there unless you want to be stuck forever!"

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ +1 Stamp: Successfully find your way through the house of mirrors

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jacktext b"]color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jacktext i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jacktext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .jackooc"]} .jackpost .jackooc b { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .jackpost .jackooc i { color:var(--accent); } .jackpost .jackooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .jackpost .jackooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 22:36:41 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]When Xiura arrived at the carnival amidst a swirl of olive-green silk and the sweet scent of cotton candy, Aurelie's face broke into a wide, brilliant smile of welcome. "Xiura! So good to see you! I'm glad you could make it."

Impulsively, Aurelie reached out to give her a quick hug, heedless of the balloon trailing from her wrist and the frothy cloud of cotton candy in Xiura's hand. "You're fine on time—it's a carnival, after all, not a doctor's appointment! And I love your outfit, by the way," she added admiringly when they separated. "You look so pretty and so summery!"

Looking at her own outfit—sage-green cargo shorts, white tank top, and a loose shirt draped on top to ward off evening breezes—she chuckled. "We kind of match! Well, sort of. So, basically twins, right?"

Then Aurelie let out a delighted laugh when Jack appeared out of the crowd beside them, calling them his prizes for making it out of the House of Mirrors. He planted a light kiss on her cheek before greeting Xiura, looking handsome as ever in shorts and an Alolan shirt that was—naturally—unbuttoned. Aurelie had to suppress the urge to wrap her arm around his waist as she normally would.

Remember, she told herself sternly, this little get-together isn't about you; it's about seeing them together and maybe matchmaking a little, getting them together if they both want.

After all, Aurelie had always viewed her and Jack's relationship as fun, casual, and non-exclusive: an off-and-on thing, as their busy lives permitted. And at one point, Xiura had shyly confided she too liked Jack. Thus, with the best will in the world and far more excitement than jealousy at the prospect, Aurelie had suggested this meetup—unbeknownst to the other two—with the plan of letting her close friend have her own chance with Jack, if he was willing.

And why wouldn't he be? she thought, looking from one face to the other with satisfaction.

So instead, Aurelie merely flashed a teasing grin at Jack. "Pfft, I can't believe you started without us! Serves you right that you got yourself stuck in the House of Mirrors." She did reach out to squeeze his hand while saying this, taking the sting out of her bantering words.

"Well, if the House of Mirrors is out of the question, and since I've just been shopping around..." She ran a hand through her hair and surveyed their surroundings. The huge, circular carousel to one side caught her attention, and her face brightened. "What about the merry-go-round? That's a classic."

She set off toward the merry-go-round, beckoning Jack and Xiura to come with her. As they approached, the huge carousel slowed its spinning and riders started getting on or off. Where Aurelie expected to see horses for mounts, she was enchanted to see instead a variety of exquisitely detailed fantasy creatures: unicorns, gryphons, chimeras, phoenixes, wyverns, and basilisks.

"I love it!" she exclaimed happily, showing her ticket to the vendor.

Then Aurelie eagerly clambered up the steps, circled the entire merry-go-round, and moved toward a place to sit. To her surprise, the merry-go-round proved a rather popular attraction. The seats filled up quickly as children and adults joined her, squeezing past her to settle atop their favorite animals. As she swung one leg over a glorious red-and-gold phoenix, Aurelie realized: There were only two animals left.

It wouldn't be long before the merry-go-round started spinning. Aurelie smirked as she looked back at Jack and Xiura. "Looks like one of us is going to have to share." Patting her lap playfully, she asked, "Care to take a seat?"

| | Outfit
+1 stamp: Ride the merry-go-round

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 22:32:18 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Watts sprinted ahead of Aurelie, barking happily at everyone he ran by. Jack grinned at Xiura and followed after them while shaking beads of sweat from his hair. A whirl of colour and sound washed over him as he arrived at the merry-go-round and he felt a childlike sense of joy at it all. He watched admiringly as Aurelie climbed onto the phoenix with a particular eye on her backside.[break][break]

I'd hate to leave Xiura out on her own, I guess I'll grab the unicorn, he thought to himself as he approached the beast. With one fluid motion, he lifted his leg over and got into the saddle, feeling his tight shorts strain against his muscular thighs. Nice view from here too, he thought as he shifted a bit to wave at Aurelie. He glanced back to Xiura just in time to see Watts surreptitiously eating the cotton candy out of a distracted child's hand in the line behind her.

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ +1 Stamp: Ride the merry-go-round

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 13:28:06 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Xiura felt herself color slightly between Aurelie's knowing smile and Jack's triumphant appearance from the depths of the house of mirrors. She felt a slight tinge of wistfulness as Jack greeted Aurelie with a chaste kiss. Aurelie was so lucky to have Jack. And Jack was lucky to have Aurelie!
[break][break]
And as for Xiura, well… She was very lucky to have both of them as very good friends.
[break][break]
She shook her head and followed after Aurelie to the carousel, laughing at Watts’ antics and returning Jack’s grin with one of her own. “Wait for us!” she called out, increasing her pace to a trot, her green skirts swirling about her calves.
[break][break]
Aurelie mounted a phoenix replica on the merry-go-round, but before Xiura could follow after her with Jack, she noticed Watts eating a child’s cotton candy. “Oh, dear,” she said, shooing Watts away and apologizing to the child and her mother.
[break][break]
“Looks like one of us is going to have to share. Care to take a seat?" she heard Aurelie call out.
[break][break]
“I’m so sorry! Please take this.” She offered one of her food ticket vouchers to the mother, insistently pressing it into the woman’s hand and then clambering up the stairs to the merry-go-round before she could give it back. By the time she got there, Jack had taken the last mount, a unicorn painted in shades of white, blue, and purple.
[break][break]
With some trepidation and dismay, Xiura glanced quickly between her two choices for a seatmate, Aurelie and Jack, and the implications and misunderstandings that might result from each. It was an easy choice. They were both her friends, but Aurelie knew that Xiura liked Jack, and Xiura probably couldn’t face the butterflies that would result from choosing Jack, and keep her composure in addition. And Aurelie had offered!
[break][break]
Xiura smiled uneasily but still kindly at Jack, feeling the echoes of embarrassment and disappointment, then scuttled over to Aurelie, hoisting herself up on the seat and letting Aurelie guide her leg over the mount. She was wearing shorts under her skirt so she wasn’t worried about that at all. She was also used to being in close proximity with the red-haired woman, like in the kitchen when they were baking together and both needed the sink at the time time.
[break][break]
Despite the clear invitation from before, Xiura felt obligated to explain under her breath, “I can’t sit on your boyfriend’s lap.” She glanced back at Aurelie with a confused brow, then caught Jack’s eye over her shoulder and smiled at him with a wave.
[break][break]
“We're sorry to leave you alone back there. Really, this should be your rightful position,” Xiura called out jokingly to Jack.

| [break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- +1 stamp - Ride the merry-go-round

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 22:39:36 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Glancing back toward the painted unicorn that Jack had claimed, Aurelie felt a pang of disappointment at first that Jack hadn't taken her up on her offer to slide into her lap. After all, she always welcomed any opportunity to get her hands on Jack. But then she remembered again that this meetup wasn't about her; it was about getting Jack and Xiura to see each other in a new, more romantic light.

In which case Jack did exactly the right thing, she thought, with a surge of pleasure that replaced the disappointment. Aurelie smiled gratefully at him. At the same time, her eye was irresistibly drawn to how the merry-go-round's colorful lights outlined and caressed each solid muscle of Jack's torso, left bare by his loose, unbuttoned shirt, in much the same way she'd wanted to just now.

A ripple of heat bloomed over her skin at the sight, and her breath came a little quicker despite herself. No wonder Xiura was drawn to him, too. For a moment, Aurelie was so distracted that she didn't realize Xiura had accepted her invitation until the other woman was already heading her way.

Wait! I thought for sure she'd choose Jack! Aurelie thought in surprise. Then she heard Xiura's soft-spoken explanation and could've slapped her own forehead in chagrin. Arceus, did I never actually tell her I planned this meetup specifically to hook the two of them up? Of course...I didn't.

No wonder the saying was "bad communication kills." But the merry-go-round was whirring into motion: lively music starting to play, lights twinkling overhead, and the animals rising and falling. Aurelie could hardly say no, even if she wanted to.

"Believe me, I wouldn't mind if you wanted to sit with Jack. I invited you both here so you could get to know each other better and maybe even ask him out," Aurelie whispered back. "I've never minded if he sees other people, and especially not if it's you. But..."

It was difficult to keep her gaze from wandering a little as Xiura settled in her lap. Xiura was surpassingly lovely, there was no denying it, and it was certainly pleasant being so close to her, feeling Xiura's warmth and pressure against her own body. "I've no objections to you being here, either. Besides, this is the best seat in the house," Aurelie quipped with a warm little chuckle.

The carnival around them turned into a brilliant blur of color as the merry-go-round began to spin faster than she'd expected. With the two of them on the same animal, the situation was a little unbalanced. Leaning forward, Aurelie murmured in Xiura's ear, "I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to need to hold onto you so I don't topple off."

With that warning, she slid her arms around Xiura's slender waist. Even though she'd long accepted that Xiura wasn't interested in her romantically, Aurelie couldn't help feeling an excited little shiver. She gently blew a curl of deep-purple hair from the curve of Xiura's neck and tugged her a little further back into her lap. "Much better," she whispered.

The music almost faded from her awareness as her lips hovered just over Xiura's skin. Suddenly, she was tempted to press a light kiss on the nape of her neck. After all, surely no one was watching right now...

"Hey! You there!" The loud voice of a carnival barker rang out, breaking Aurelie's reverie. The ride had slowed to a stop without her even noticing. The tall barker stood next to the ride, his arms crossed and expression disapproving. "No horseplay on the merry-go-round! Save it for the Ferris wheel!"

Aurelie flung up her arms in a gesture of outraged innocence, almost sending Xiura sliding off her lap. The merry-go-round jolted into stillness, and she grimaced, annoyed at being yelled at when she hadn't even done anything yet. Then she snapped her head around to glance back toward Jack, suddenly wondering what he thought of the whole thing.

Damn it, she thought with a sigh, I'm absolutely terrible at this matchmaking thing...

| | Outfit
+1 stamp: Be a troublesome customer.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 18:38:32 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Blushing with embarrassment, Jack apologized to Xiura as she passed on her way to Aurelie's Phoenix, "I'll pick up your dinner. Thanks for taking care of that lady and her kid." He cast a scowl as Watts, who had leapt up on the external railing with his front paws to watch the ride and was wagging his tail happily. He chuckled to himself as Xiura joined Aurelie on the back of the phoenix and his stomach jumped as his unicorn lurched forward and upward with the start of the ride.[break][break]

Even as Jack leaned forward to grip the pommel on the unicorn's saddle, he saw his girlfriend ahead of him lean forward to encircle the waist of the woman in her lap. An impulse to shout "boner alert" seized him but only a laugh escaped; he didn't think the parents around him would appreciate him shouting that over the cacophony of the ride's music. And these shorts are too tight for that anyway, he thought to himself as he kept his eyes on the woman riding ahead of him. The world seemed to blur into a whorl of colors as he watched his girlfriend blow a strand of Xiura's beautiful hair off her neck, his vision narrowing to the phoenix riders as Aurelie's lips seemed to close the distance to the nape of Xiura's neck.[break][break]

The world snapped back into focus around him as the ride operator shouted at Aurelie and Jack could feel a flush of heat spreading from his face to his neck while the ride revolved slowly to a stop. Locking eyes with Aurelie, he raised one eyebrow. "Sorry about that sir, I'll get this troublemaker out of here!" he called cheerfully to the man as he smoothly vaulted from the back of the unicorn and approached the phoenix. "Why don't we head over to the midway and play some games," he suggested casually to the women as he stepped from the riding platform and headed to the exit. What game are you playing? he thought as his eyes passed over the innocent facial expression he knew Aurelie was putting on for the rider operator. Flexing one arm, he felt his bicep press against the hem of his shirtsleeve as he boasted to Aurelie, "I bet I could win you a prize." With a wink at Xiura he flexed his other arm and added with a wink "One for you too."

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ +1 Stamp: Help with a troublesome customer

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 17:07:01 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]As Jack efficiently steered an exasperated Aurelie and a thoroughly blameless Xiura away from the merry-go-round, the redhead couldn't resist throwing a baleful glare at the ride operator as she left. "Hey! Who are you calling a troublemaker?" Aurelie protested mock-indignantly, sticking out her tongue at Jack and then breaking into laughter.

She still wasn't sure how to convey to Jack what she'd planned for the evening, aside from baldly telling him the same way she'd told Xiura. Nor was she at all sure if she could be subtle enough to push them together at appropriate opportunities.

And seeing me hugging Xiura close on my lap probably didn't help either, Aurelie privately sighed. Even if it was enjoyable. Maybe a little too enjoyable.

But his suggestion of playing games proved an effective distraction for the moment from her worries. Heedless of Jack's questioning gaze, she laughed again at his boastful words and cocky flexing as their group approached the row of stalls and booths set up with various carnival games and walls of prizes. Lines had already formed in front of each stall as people waited to test their skills and win ludicrously large, plush toys.

"Psh, I bet I could win you a prize first!" she teased, looking from stall to stall. Each one had a vendor who smiled brightly and called out as they passed, trying to tempt them to play. "That is, assuming we can find a good game that isn't already crowded with people..."

One stall looked much less busy than the others, and Aurelie paused before it consideringly. It featured a Magikarp fishing game, with colorful plastic Magikarp floating and bobbing about in a large tub of clear water. The vendor, a woman with neon-green hair, beamed at her and brandished a fishing pole with a hook on the end. "Try your luck! Reel in five Magikarp and you win a special prize. Why not give it a go?"

"Ooooh, a special prize?" Aurelie exclaimed, looking at the wall of toys and stuffed animals at the back. "Now I really want to try this one!" She hurried forward with a spirited spring in her step.

Eagerly accepting one of the poles, she leaned forward over the tub of water and eyed the Magikarp as they floated gently past on swirling currents of water. Her smile faded into an intent expression of deep concentration, her single eye narrowed thoughtfully. It took her a few moments to work out the mental calculations for judging the speed and angle at which some of the most likely-looking Magikarp were moving.

Then Aurelie smiled...and struck. Reaching forward, she lowered her hook into the water and aimed for the loop attached to the fin of an orange-and-blue plastic Magikarp. With a hopeful exclamation, she pulled back on the pole and lifted it in the air.

WqH_9__5

| | Outfit
+1 stamp: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 16:26:41 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack clapped excitedly for Aurelie's big time angling skills as she hooked her magikarp. "Thanks for taking the pressure off, now I just have to win something for Xiura instead of both of you," he joked as the carnival barker running the game gave him a skeptical look. Jack winked at the woman when she handed over the game's fishing rod, a light chuckle humming in his throat.[break][break]

Examining the hooking apparatus and the magikarp as briefly as he could, Jack hoped he wasn't about to completely embarrass himself in front of two beautiful ladies and the woman running the game. Shrugging the tension from his shoulders, at least I still have my hot abs to fall back on, he thought to himself. Screwing up his face in concentration, he pressed his tongue between his lips and lowered the fishing line down toward his target, all the while trying to ignore the hot panting of Watt's breath at his elbow.[break][break]

VYkTXSJV

[break]

[attr="class","jackooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ +1 Stamp: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 0:19:10 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
[break][break]
"I've never minded if he sees other people, and especially not if it's you. But..."
[break][break]
Xiura's head was a confused mess of fluttery thoughts. Aurelie wanted her to let Jack know how she felt? She shivered and curled in on herself, surprised by the sudden tickle of breath against the nape of her neck. “Aurelie,” she protested, wiggling on her seat, her voice more breath than sound. She didn’t think Aurelie could hear her, though, what with the carousel music surrounding them. But maybe she could, given how close they were, her friend’s arms settled warmly around her middle. Xiura blushed and leaned her cheek against the pole of the carousel mount, her face suddenly too hot. Aurelie felt nice, and suddenly Xiura had a frightening fantasy, of a close friendship becoming something more. Like a quiet movie night on the sofa, cuddling closer than just friends would. But what did Aurelie truly mean, if she was holding her but also asking her to be closer to Jack? Xiura didn’t understand.
[break][break]
Before she knew it, the annoyed bark of the carnival barker drew her out of her thoughts, and she startled, almost falling off the phoenix as Aurelie let go.
[break][break]
As they hustled off the ride, she flushed with surprise, shame and confusion as Jack offered to win a prize for her, in addition to his girlfriend. People and rides were a blur in her periphery as if she had never gotten off the merry-go-round. She looked at Jack’s handsome face and his strong hands, and tried to picture the same scenario with him as she had with Aurelie. The imagery, romantically domestic and calm, came easily as well, bringing a fresh wave of rosy color to her cheeks. Glancing between both of her attractive friends before looking away, Xiura felt more confused than ever.
[break][break]
At the Magikarp fishing game, she tried to shake herself out of her strange fog, clapping at Aurelie’s and Jack’s efforts and delighting in their successes at capturing Magikarp on their hooks.
[break][break]
"Thanks for taking the pressure off, now I just have to win something for Xiura instead of both of you,” Jack said, making her laugh.
[break][break]
“Not if I win one for you first! It's my turn now,” she challenged with a grin, banishing all romantic delusions from her mind and casting the rod.
[break][break]
nSYPya_7

[break][break]

| [break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- +1 stamp: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:26:54 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Punching the air lightly in triumph, Aurelie looped the hook of her fishing rod over the last toy Magikarp needed to win the additional "special prize" at the fishing game stall. Pulling her rod back, she dropped the dangling Magikarp atop the pile already assembled beside her feet and sighed contentedly. "Yesssss! Pure skill, ladies and gentlemen."

She turned to watch Jack and Xiura both working on the fishing game themselves. Aurelie had to hide her smile on seeing their similarly intent postures and engrossed expressions as they concentrated on hooking the brightly colored plastic Magikarp. There was something captivating and endearing about each of them, looking so focused.

I adore both of them so much, she thought happily. They'd be so cute together. I just have to get them both to see it for themselves!

In the end, Jack also secured several Magikarp for himself, though not quite as many as Aurelie had, while poor Xiura only managed two before the vendor gently told her that her time was up. "Nice going," the redhead congratulated Jack, patting his arm. She had to fight not to let her hand linger over, let alone caress, the solid muscle below his sleeve.

The vendor handed over a giant, velvety-soft teddy bear with a bright red satin bow around its neck over to Aurelie, who hugged it delightedly. Then she turned to grab something off the "Top Winners Rack" and gave that to the wide-eyed redhead as well. "There you are, miss! Congratulations."

It was a necklace: a small glass pendant delicately painted with tiny gold-and-white fish, strung on a fine bronze-colored silken cord. "Oh, that's so pretty," Aurelie exclaimed involuntarily. Holding it in her hand, she pursed her lips in deep thought.

Then the redhead turned and walked toward Xiura. Tucking the teddy bear under her arm, she grinned irrepressibly and then gave a deep bow with an extravagant flourish of her other arm. In her upraised hands, she presented the necklace to Xiura, letting the polished glass twinkle in the carnival lights.

"My dear Xiura, after many trials and tribulations, much torment, and countless struggles and hardships, I would like to offer you this gift, as a memento of the evening." She lifted her head and gave her best attempt at a winning smile, fluttering her eyelashes appealingly.

Then, slyly, Aurelie twisted her neck slightly to glance up at Jack. "Besides, Jack, don't you think she would look beautiful with the necklace on? It'd be the perfect finishing touch for the prettiest girl at the carnival, right?"

| | Outfit
Prompt: Give away your prize to a thread partner or NPC!

close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 23:58:35 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Groaning in disappointment, Xiura managed to pull only a pair of scrawny Magikarp toys in comparison to Aurelie’s large pile of plastic fish. Shaking her head as she saw that even Jack’s pile was bigger than hers, she had to laugh and admit total defeat. “Aurelie! Don’t tell me this is your first time? You did so well! And you too, Jack. My two Magikarp and I salute your fishing prowess.”
[break][break]
She applauded and cheered as the vendor awarded Aurelie a giant teddy bear. “That bear’s so big! Where are you going to put it?” she asked, laughing. She quieted, head tilted as Aurelie approached, her, a necklace in her hands.
[break][break]
Xiura held her breath as Aurelie turned her face to Xiura and offered her the shimmering glass pendant necklace. Aurelie’s dark eyes, focused solely on her, were both compelling and entreating. “For me? But…”
[break][break]
"Besides, Jack, don't you think she would look beautiful with the necklace on? It'd be the perfect finishing touch for the prettiest girl at the carnival, right?"
[break][break]
She looked at Jack for his response as Aurelie draped the jewelry piece around her throat, the pendant hanging below the hollow of her throat. Aurelie’s fingers were warm, as if an echo of the forge she worked daily, comforting and sure. Xiura realized after a moment, that she wanted to find agreement in Jack’s expression, any trace that he returned the feelings that she had developed for him.
[break][break]

| [break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]vJAMqx4h