TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 14:50:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

it screamed. pound, hyper voice, boomburst failed to release the scream tail from its well-sealed chamber, but it was sure to let the rest of the submarine know of its rage.[break][break]

lulu awaited the arrival of archaeologist howard slayte, seeking his opinion on rumored origins. yet, holo’s words in the rondez-view of luv game scrolled behind her restless eyes as she watched the pokemon’s thrashing.[break][break]

"i warned you! look at what you've made!"[break][break]

she felt in part responsible for the tera crystal’s presence, especially for having worked so hard to extend rocket’s greed to places beyond their world. for saying ’let’s go’ instead of ’what a terrible idea’ about the extraction mission on 99943 meteno.[break][break]

had the league been successful in their primal node operation, the tera crystal would have been sent to some other place and, perhaps, the interdream zone would not be threatening overtake their reality. these woken nightmares would not exist in their laboratory.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]mission: a paradox problem[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-porygon"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 6:46:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It wasn't particularly hard to find Lulu Flint. All you had to do was follow the noise.

And boy, was it loud. The noise was comparable to a rebounding explosion from a cave-in. Not only was it loud, but it just kept going. Like a lecture on Johto's import embargoes from two centuries prior, the perpetual noise didn't seem to cease. Howard was not going to complain, though. He tended to avoid Team Rocket's main headquarters. He was stationed away and preferred to work out on the boonies.

Less drama. Less Scream Tails. More time to do his job.

"So this is what you called me for? An ugly beast, that." A knock on the wall of the laboratory signified Howard's presence. He refused to wear a lab coat out of principle, but he did prepare for the Scream Tail's wailing with a pair of fluffy pink earmuffs.

"Ma'am." Howard bowed his head stiffly. It was best to maintain a professional air in the belly of the beast, until further notice. "I've arrived, per your order. This it?" He tapped its container with a gloved hand, and it screamed at him. "Oooh, feisty."

MISSION: A Paradox Problem

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 11:35:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

her order.[break][break]

”i don’t give orders anymore, but thank you for coming anyways, mr. slayte.”[break][break]

she watched as he approached the dome, searching for any familiarity in his reaction.[break][break]

”it’s called a scream tail. can’t imagine why.” she paused to wait until the pokémon was quietly catching its breath again. ”i wonder if you may have seen anything like it in your research?”[break][break]

the ancient jigglypuff thrashed against its fishbowl prison, determined to pummel he who dared tap the glass.[break][break]

”i wouldn’t taunt it, by the way. we don’t know what it’s capable of.”

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 19:13:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's my great pleasure, Ms. Flint. Can I call you Lulu? All these two word descriptors are giving my mouth a workout. Team Rocket. Ms. Flint. Scream Tail." Howard smiled drily. "Shortening one goes a long way.

The name Lulu Flint meant a lot within Team Rocket, even without her formal position. Even without the vast resources of Team Rocket's upper echelons, she was still a respected figure by most. That meant something, even if her 'orders' were no longer held to the strictest definition of the word.

She had called. He had answered. It was as simple as that.

"Its name is quite a mystery. Quite cuddly too, until it mauls you in your sleep." Howard agreed with a chuckle, before backing away from the glass and shaking his head. "No. Its anthropological records don't match any Jigglypuff skeleton I've ever seen. It matches no fossil records. The only thing it matches is my alarm in decibels. I'd have to cut it open and lobotomize it to confirm, but that wastes resources for minimal academic gain."

Such a thing was a cardinal sin. You did not waste valuable material.

"Although..." Howard trailed off thoughtfully.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 1:47:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

”lulu’s fine.” it was still two syllables, however, so surely just as taxing on him physically.[break][break]

being mauled in her sleep was not a concern she had to live with, being that she didn’t sleep at all. her focus snagged on the thought with a brief sensation of emptiness.[break][break]

”there will be no lobotomies today, unfortunately.”[break][break]

another screech rattled the glass.[break][break]

”it’s not the biology i’m curious about. at least, that’s not why i requested you here today.”[break][break]

a stylus tapped the screen of a tablet. nearby, a porygon projected an image into the air beside the archaeologist, depicting many other paradox pokemon that had been found escaping the interdream zone.[break][break]

”i’m curious about their true origins, that being the human imagination. they are ideas manifested into reality, but when and where did those ideas come from?” was the interdream zone shared with all timestreams? what about other universes, parallel or otherwise?[break][break]

her tired eyes settled on him, hoping for clues. ”culture. history. i’m sure you’re full of it, right?”

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 3:02:01 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A flash of uneasiness crossed Howard's face as Lulu's Porygon projected a list of data towards him. It only lasted for a second, though. Any hint of weakness, and he'd be eaten alive. Howard's fear of technology was something to be discarded for now.

Instead, it was best to focus on the information being projected. A comprehensive list of Paradox Pokémon, many of which Howard had never seen. That was perfectly fine. Many disgusted him.

"I see. You've followed the same logical path as me." Howard's remaining eye blinked in approval as he nodded. "I've been wonder about it for a while. What makes a Paradox Pokémon come into existence? It's simply absurd to think that Hoenn would think of... that. "

The Scream Tail screamed at Howard and Lulu, with Howard sticking his tongue at it.

"The selection of Pokémon that emerge from the consciousness is random. Pokémon with a major cultural impact, such as Volcarona, are affected. Culturally irrelevant ones, such as Misdreavus, are also affected. I see you have the former here twice. Interesting. Same with Donphan. I presume you called me in to deal with the more ancient specimens, but one of these robots catches my eye." Howard frowned as he gestured towards the mechanized Tyranitar on the projected image. "Have you ever heard of a movie called Big Monster: Titanic Tyranitar?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:20:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“thoughts and dreams are strange things. very abstract, sometimes, of course.”[break][break]

as though cued by howard’s interest, lulu’s porygon switched its projection. an iron thorns tramped around in the cyan glow of a hologram, sharp jaw agape in a roar.[break][break]

“i’m not much of a cinema buff,” she admitted, although the robot tyranitar that she’d began piecing back together with came to mind, from long before the days of tera crystals in hoenn.[break][break]

”you said the selection is random. i’m not so sure i believe in randomness anymore. perhaps there is some significance we’ve yet to uncover.”[break][break]

her eyes fell back to the scream tail. its voice was growing hoarser, fractured at the end and crumbling into exhaustion. it was starting to give up.[break][break]

”have you been into the rifts yet?”

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 6:55:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Shame. It's a great movie, I'll loan you my copy some time." Howard chuckled. "It's not shocking that you've heard of it. It's not super popular anymore. Too many sequels, tale as old as time. It was more popular several years ago. Maybe these things can draw inspiration from any time."

An interesting hypothesis, with the unfortunate byproduct of being extremely difficult to prove. What, were they going to perform a worldwide survey on movies that people likely didn't remember? Interviews? Not enough people for an avenue with no backing.

In a way, it was the bane of academics. In another, it was exciting. There was absolutely nothing that could be taken off the table. Maybe Howard would get approval to lobotomize it after all.

Not that he wanted to ruin this Scream Tail. It was quite cuddly, and alive. Not a fossil.

"Yes. I've been to what we've designated as the Ultra Plant. Dreadful place." Last time Howard had explored Ultra Space, it had involved walking jumbles of cords, much screaming, and a collapsing chasm. "Do you believe that there's a correlation between these Paradoxes and other worlds? Is that why you ask?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 2:25:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

a fleeting hint of amusement crossed her face at his offer, but quickly faded as her thoughts ran away with his suggestion.[break][break]

”i’ve been wondering if that’s the case.”[break][break]

the ultra plant drew a curious look. since the war of the worlds, she had wondered what powered life beyond. ”haven’t been to that one yet. looking forward to it.”[break][break]

she pondered his question a moment and shook her head. her old theories faded more week by sleepless week.[break][break]

”i’m not sure… but they come out of the interdream zone–presumably ours which has overlapped into other realms. given the current instability of time in the space we seem to be sharing, the paradox pokemon could be disrupting history in other universes at an increasing rate.”[break][break]

chaos into nothing, as had been prophesied in the rondez-view of luv.[break][break]

”let me know if you ever see one carved into an ancient alien tomb.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 5:22:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'll keep an eye out for Titanic Tyranitar posters in Ultra Space. Careful when you go. Almost got killed by a giant lightbulb that could power Hoenn for a year." Howard grunted as he remembered his experience with the mysterious electrical golem. It had almost killed his two colleagues.

The rondez-view of luv was something that Howard had little experience with. He did know of prophecies, though. Histories. Certain cultures practically thrived on the notion of preordained events.

"I don't think so. Most of these Paradox Pokemon are strange, but ultimately harmless." Was he underestimating the creatures? Likely. The robotic ones were unnerving, and the ancient ones made a mockery of Howard's field, but capable of destroying timelines? He could not vouch for that.

"Though I'm not someone who claims to understand the intricacies of theoretical physics, culture has a strange way of adapting to anything that comes its way. Many will likely be immortalized as gods or pillars of folklore and myth. They'll become stories. Demons that come to whisk children away when they misbehave. Monsters for heroes and legendary Pokemon to do battle with for the fate of the world, only remembered in dusty texts."

The Scream Tail hissed weakly. Howard waved at it.

"Yet the mechanics of the multiverse—that's more your domain, isn't it?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 3:51:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

“ran into a xurkitree?” she had yet to see the ultra beasts with her own eyes, but the rift had been open long to know what they were. ”i hope to have as much luck when i go.”[break][break]

she gave a small laugh of disbelief at his take on paradox pokemon, but listened to his defense nonetheless.[break][break]

”they are invasive species, and likely innumerable. if the interdream zone continues to pour out, its paradoxes and scenarios will take over until there is nothing left of our reality as we know it. our universe–along with the others piling atop it–will become pure chaos.”[break][break]

her eyes shifted to his again, every trace of amusement having left her face.[break][break]

”does that sound harmless to you?”

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 7:39:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes." Howard's single eye blinked jovially, in contrast with Lulu's now humorless one. He was quiet for several seconds, choosing his words carefully, before continuing. "The Paradox Pokemon, themselves? Ultimately, many of them are harmless. From what we know now, they are infertile. Mutts have never been good at reproduction."

Despite his jovial nature, Howard's tone became stiffer, as if adapting to Lulu's new stance. It did not fully leave, though. He was changing, before her eyes, into someone more academically inclined. Movie references were abandoned, in exchange for an academic perspective.

"Unnatural Pokémon are not a new thing." Lulu's Porygon was still in the room. "Even centuries ago, they existed. Golurk. Claydol. Type: Nulls, infertile mules that shouldn't exist. They used to be rare, and now everyone and their pet Growlithe has one." Howard chuckled and shook his head. "They are not a threat to reality. What spawns them is. I despise these things. Mutant little monsters formed nonsensically from the madness that exists up here."

Howard tapped his temple, smiling wryly.

"What spawns them? Lulu, I believe that is the bigger issue. A pile of Joltiks can be swept away, but what if there exists a hole in reality that continuously pumps them out? Do you keep crushing insects, or do you plug the hole? Or, in this case, do we clear away this mist like how rain wipes away a morning fog?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 23:06:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

’yes.’ her eyebrows raised. she hadn’t expected that.[break][break]

she listened, eyes remaining on him even as the scream tail caught its second wind, let out a shrill battlecry, and body slammed the glass closest to her.[break][break]

”first off, i’d say we are in agreement. the interdream zone is the reason i’m interested in the paradox pokemon in the first place. i can’t bottle the realm, but i can drag them onto a lab table.”[break][break]

and she would do just that–but not to this one.[break][break]

”dimensions and realms are being drawn together by cosmic forces far beyond what we currently understand. even dialga and palkia have been unable rectify the phenomenon. i'm afraid the solution is not as simple as plugging a hole or washing away a fog.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 5:18:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It is quite the issue. It's up to all of us. We who make up the section of Team Rocket who can string more than a few words together, and have loftier ambitions than robbing corner stores." This issue was larger than both Team Rocket and the League, though neither would admit it.

Even if it killed them both.

"I suspect that there is some combination of powers and authorities bestowed unto Legendary Pokémon that could solve the issue, but now we venture into your realm of expertise. I will help you however I can. It's a rare thing indeed to cooperate with one of Team Rocket's brightest."

Alternatively, the solution could be out there. Beyond the veils of reality that few came back from. What better way to solve a problem threatening reality than something from beyond reality itself? With the release of a ball, Howard's Cradily emerged behind him as the Scream Tail continued its screeching. "Zip it.

A Confuse Ray emerged from the Cradily, causing the Scream Tail to slur and collapse in a mixture of confusion and exhaustion.

"We should figure out how this mist manifests Pokémon, and why each one is chosen. I'll do some research into the subject for you, if you wish. There has to be a connection beyond pop culture references." Howard's brow wrinkled. "If it's really that simple, throw me off a cliff."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
genesis [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 7:42:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

his enthusiasm and vague shit-talking drew another tight smile across her chronically serious face. spoken like a scientist—and yet, apparently, howard refused his lab coat. something she had noted but would not mention.[break][break]

though his theory was interesting, flattering words earned him a simple, perhaps awkward response at first. ”hm. i always feel out of my depth these days, honestly.”[break][break]

before she could add her thoughts on the matter of legendaries, however, the unmistakable beam of a pokeball planted a cradily there on the lab floor.[break][break]

part of her knew she should stop howard right there. they were observing. however, another part of her wanted the scream tail unconscious at least. so she let it happen, watching with relief as the trapped paradox finally collapsed.[break][break]

”your research would be greatly appreciated, if you have the time,” she assured him. ”i can even give you my email, so you don’t have to come in here and do that anymore.”[break][break]

there was some conflicting mix of disapproval and gratefulness in the look she gave him.[break][break]

[break]