he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:51:29 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner shifted on his seat in the Corviknight taxi carriage. Across from him sat his boss, , who had seemingly conjured flows and bubbles of lava just a few minutes ago, setting an office in the POG Bank building on fire.[break][break]

It was not Gunner's first encounter with the powers of an Avatar. He had read enough reports and observed enough abilities first-hand to understand what he'd just witnessed.[break][break]

Yet the suddenness of it—the fact that his own boss had these powers and he didn't know—made the whole incident difficult to swallow.[break][break]

Clearing his throat, Gunner broached the topic with a measure of hesitance. After all, Penelope looked exhausted, as if the entire ordeal had drained her. "Miss Livy, what exactly happened back there?"[break][break]

Below them, the landscape changed as they left the boundary of Slateport City.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 7:12:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The aftermath of their pog bank excursion was fraught with anxiety. Penelope had done a fair job steeling her emotions long enough to confer with the authorities - to which the root cause of today's incident was swept away under false veil of 'uncertainty' - but her strength all but withered the moment they'd stepped into the taxi.
[break][break]

Pressed up against the cool glass, the councilwoman's hair was sprawled across her shoulders, no longer bound together in the neat braid that'd become an intrinsic part of her workwear. The short flight felt like a story, stretched out through sprawls of twinkling lights and winking stars, and lofty skyscrapers that swallowed the ground in concrete landscaping. Part of her longed to settle into the darkness - to let the lull of the cab to wash over her, drifting her conscious to the oasis that was slumber.
[break][break]

Gunner's question almost instantly grounded her, though.
[break][break]

Penelope didn't move. The exhaustion still coiled her chest, turning every breath into a struggle, a battle barely worth winning.
[break][break]

Several beats of the corvknight's wings separated her first breath from the words that eventually strained out of her.
[break][break]

"What you saw cannot be reported," she started, her voice just barely holding a rasp to it. Slowly, she shifted from her slanted position, adjusting her gaze to rest against his. A hard gleam polished the gold of her ringlets. "Not to it's entirety, at least."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 20:39:00 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The first words out of Penelope's mouth were so common in an agency shrouded with secrecy that Gunner found himself nodding before he grasped the implications of her words.[break][break]

"Understood, ma'am."[break][break]

Then his brain caught up with the conversation, and he sat back with his hands resting on his knees.[break][break]

"I'll have someone from public relations speak with POG Bank before they can report it to the press. Officially, it will be a Magcargo that got loose and started to fill the office building with lava. Or something like that."[break][break]

Gunner looked Penelope in the eye, waiting for her approval—and her explanation.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 21:24:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If there was anyone she could trust within the HBIC, it would be or . She'd spent enough time working over them to understand how they carried themselves, juggling discretion as a means of currency.
[Break][break]
So when Gunner prompted his answer without hesitation, it only served to reassure her what she already knew.
[Break][break]
"Good."
[Break][break]
Closing her eyes, she let out a pent-up breath. One last second of reprieve before reigniting the fueling dread that lingered.
[Break][break]
"I've disclosed this to and the council already, but I'm still writing a report to submit to the rest of AQUA and our auxiliary departments."
[Break][break]
With one flick of the lighter, her eyes shot open again, forcing their gazes to collide. The air between them was tight and fraught with unspoken implications spanning the multiple crimes committed and omitted just half an hour ago.
[Break][break]
"But, given tonight..."
[Break][break]
Slants of light slipped through the windows, painting her face until it was mottled with oranges and reds and the vibrance of sunset.
[Break][break]
"You should be made aware, too. I've bonded with the legendary, Chi-yu, and I suspect that back there was one of my 'abilities'."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 22:10:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Chi-Yu.[break][break]

Gunner had read that name before, but only in the context of data gathered from the suspicious mobile dating game, RONDEZ-VIEW OF LUV. Along with three other Pokémon, the Hoennian government had decided to group them under the label 'Ruinous Beasts'.[break][break]

Ruinous how? Why? Many of the powers granted Avatars could be used for good or ill. Flowing lava and bubbles of magma were no different. It had been unfortunate that Penelope had not had control over her powers in the POG Bank office, but that shouldn't make her or her new patron a liability.[break][break]

Right?[break][break]

"Besides the reports from earlier this year," and the related speculations, he thought but did not say, "what do you know of this Chi-Yu? What has it revealed it you?"[break][break]

And then, because of what had transpired, Gunner's expression softened as he asked:[break][break]

"Are you all right?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 9:03:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

What did she know?
[break][break]
Nothing. When the bond first solidified, emotions nearly rend her body, both internally and externally. Her head pounded, her stomach swirled, and temptations and anxieties flowed languidly into one ear and out the other. It wasn't until found her, balled up in the corner, barely able to make sense of her own ramblings, that she could begin to recover.
[break][break]
And since then, she's felt the same. Angier maybe, but it was also that time of the month again, so there was no real telling whether those mood swings were her or chi-yu acting on her behalf.
[break][break]
"Not much."
[break][break]
The admission is birthed out through tight lips and curled fists. It was clear how much her ignorance acted as a personal attack against her efficiency as a councilwoman, and now avatar.
[break][break]
"We first met at The Border. It was aggressive -- nearly knocked me out a few times - but then, when we met on mt chimney -"
[break][break]
blurred memories swiped through her mind. Many included , some Moltres. She batted them all away through several blinks and one hard sniff.
[break][break]
"It doesn't talk to me, but it's always...there. It's hard to explain. When he does communicate, it's through feeling. Emotions. "
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 14:57:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The frustration that bled through Penelope's words, expression, and body language was completely different from the breezy way had acted while training with his Avatar powers. Gunner saw the pain flash across her face and heard the defensive note in her voice.[break][break]

Questions raced through his head. What did it mean to be an Avatar of a truly unknown Pokémon? To have the bond thrust upon you without first knowing the creature? To have a foreign presence in your mind, impressing its own feelings upon you?[break][break]

Lonely, he thought. Isolating. Othering.[break][break]

Wordlessly, Gunner stood, causing the carriage to sway a little. He crossed the gap that separated him from Penelope and sat down next to her.[break][break]

He wrapped his hand around one of her fists.[break][break]

"You'll figure it all out, Miss Livy. If anyone can, it's the Director of the HBIC," he said, his tone possessing a note of quiet confidence. Then he smiled. "And you won't have to do it alone, either."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 21:06:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

No effort was made to mask the surge of shock that raced up her neck, through her face, bewitching eyes to flatten into large saucers, and eyebrows to lick hairlines.
[Break][break]
Gunner was many things -- sedulous, reliable, thorough -- but never once did Penelope consider he could be comforting, too.
[Break][break]
Turning her shoulders to face him, she swung her other arm around, bringing her free hand to cup around his. There, she gave him a gentle squeeze.
[Break][break]
"I appreciate you, gunner," she smiled back tentatively, and a bittersweet glimmer danced across her eyes.
[Break][break]
"It's been... difficult. No two avatarships look to be the same, so there's not much regulation on 'proper proceedings'," at least none that she was aware of, "but I'm starting to think that's because there weren't so many complications with the others."[Break][break]

, , - did they possess something she fundamentally lacked? Or, were they just better by nature, to be able to create formidable bonds with these deities?
[Break][break]
The thought nearly scorced the taxi in another pit of magma.
[Break][break]
"I've made plans to visit and see what she recommends. From there, we'll see what happens."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 23:02:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Protocol and regulations had nothing to say about where the line was when comforting a professional superior. Gunner returned the squeeze of Penelope's hand, then withdrew to put some space between them.[break][break]

"That sounds like a good idea," he said, regarding the appointment with . Then a memory came to him, one he'd all but forgotten but now bloomed in his mind, as clear as day.[break][break]

"I actually helped her once," Gunner continued, turning back to his boss. "With her Avatar powers, I mean. She was in a park in Ever Grande City, trying to form a shield of wind."[break][break]

He mimicked the way she had waved her arms around to summon the barrier, though his own movements were vague and clumsy.[break][break]

"If you need help with figuring out and mastering your powers, I'd be more than happy to help you, too. And since there are certain hazards that come with them, we can do it somewhere in the wilderness, away from prying eyes."[break][break]

Somewhere Penelope could practice without fear or shame holding her back.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 5:44:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mmm."
[Break][break]
A deluge of methods of refusal flooded her mouth and she nearly puffed out her cheeks to contain them all.
[Break][break]
Weakness was a title branded onto her like she were cattle and the league her farm. So much strength coalesced in the others around them; even looking past the elite four, her head scientists easily had her beat, both with experience and victories. It was easy fall victim to complacency
[Break][break]
But now, with a legendary latched onto her, invading nearly every space once considered sacred, weak was the last arrow she would allow to pierce her back.
[Break][break]
But was there anything weak in accepting help?
[Break][break]
Her lips pursed together and she gave Gunner a long, hard look. One that painted the act of contemplation far more vividly than any explanation she could muster.
[Break][break]
"Okay."
[Break][break]
The answer was solidified by a nod.
[Break][break]
"It'd have to be after hours, though,"They were far too busy to expend working hours for something of this nature. "We could go to route 111. It'll be sandy, but there would be no forestry, so damage can remain negligible."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 14:27:54 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner stared back at Penelope as she contemplated his offer, his expression neutral, patient. She had every right to refuse him, but he hoped she was not so foolish that she would choose that option.[break][break]

After all, with so few people knowing the full extent of her Avatarship, she had to lean on all the resources available to her. The incident at POG Bank was proof of that.[break][break]

When Penelope finally agreed, Gunner smiled. "That sounds like a plan."[break][break]

He turned his head to gaze out the window. By this point, the taxi carriage was speeding over the ocean. Ever Grande City sat in the distance on its island, growing larger with every passing minute.[break][break]

"Just let me know when you're ready, and I'll be there."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
THE CHOICES WE MAKE [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 21:02:07 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: