She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
471 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Contest Content Creators [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:09:42 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Okay, I believe in us!" Robin hyped up her Munchlax, the two of them sharing a small battle cry. She had never been in a pokemon contest, but there were dozens of people here trying to impress the choreographer with a choreography so good she would incorporate it in future contest trainings. It had little impact on Robin's day-to-day life, but she couldn't pass up a competition. Everyone there was grouped up randomly, leaving 'Robin and Yuina' as a duo, as announced previously.

She turned to her new partner and smiled wide. She loved to meet strangers now that she was getting some serious time under her belt as a ranger. She still had the rookie armband on, but it wouldn't be long until she was ready for the next level. "What should be our goal for the choreography? I think it'll be hard to do something universal since pokemon are so diverse in body type and ability... maybe we should focus on a trait." Munchlax tugged on the bottom of her sleeve. Robin slapped the palm of her hand against her forehead. "Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm Robin Coello, Rookie Ranger and, uh, rookie choreographer."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:32:25 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Another catalouging day at the museum finished, Yuina was out and about in Petalburg where she had come to call home, at least for now, and there seemed to be some kind of gathering and a little bit of a fuss going on at one of the more central city buildings? She was curious enough, and upon entering and talking to a few people, and getting caught up in what was going on... She was signed on to do a choreography set for a contest coordinator?[break]
"Wait...," Yuina thought, as soon as they were given the go ahead and break out in groups and see what they could come up with! A contest coordinator? She hadn't heard the term before... and frankly she wasn't even sure what the expectation was here, but true to form here she was having got herself into something just because she couldn't keep her nose out of it. She was contemplating slipping out... Surely they didn't need too many people working on this, but then she was faced with a younger woman who just started going at it about making a choreography routine. Yuina remained still, looking at her, she didn't have a moment to interject, until she paused and introduced herself.[break][break]
"Oh... Uh," she thought for a moment, she was just thrown a lot of information all at once.[break]
"I'm Yuina? I'm a ranger too? But... I don't know what this coordinator business is? I kind of ended up here on accident...," she returned, trying to catch up, but now that she was faced and apparently partnered with this Robin, she couldn't just leave her high and dry?[break][break]
"I don't have many of my Pokemon with me," she said first, looking down to the small blue Pokemon that shuffled beside Robin.[break]
"We can try to work together though, uh, this is Kyoko," Yuina said, taking out the one Pokeball that she did have with her that day, and out came Kyoko the Typhlosion.

notes[break]
Mission: Coordinator Choreography in Petalburg City[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
471 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:38:56 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Well, hi, Yuina. I've never done this kinda contest stuff before, but I think we can do it. We're supposed to make up a choregraphed routine that pokemon can do to show off a trait." Kyoko the Typhlosion joined them, and Robin whistled low. "Impressive. I definitely think we should lean into coolness because of your friend here. I think a partner routine will help us stand out because most people will default to single-pokemon routines."

She brought a finger to her chin as she thought things through. "Hm. We should lean into natural talents. Does Kyoko know any cool tricks?" She looked down her beloved Munchlax, mind racing. What could her pokemon do besides impress her with his iron stomach? Eating odd berries wasn't really the foundation for a routine.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 3:10:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Well, she was here now, might as well try and do the thing![break]
Standing with Robin, Yuina nodded as the young woman tried to be encouraging about their stunning lack of experience in the field, but maybe it wouldn't all be for not. Choreographing Pokemon just sounded so strange to her, but then again, she only had two months worth of memory to go off of, so everything was still fairly new to her.[break]
"Mmmm, okay, I don't one hundred percent follow... But we'll get there," Yuina followed along, and she looked up at her partner who stood a little bit taller than her on her haunches when Robin regarded her, and saying that they should use coolness to go off of. She asked if Kyoko could do any tricks? That... was an odd way to put it? All Pokemon were capable of a lot of things, but she didn't know that she would call them tricks? Especially when things were so inherently natural to Pokemon. In any case though, Yuina looked back to Kyoko beside her.[break][break]
"Cool? Hmm, I've always thought her wisps were pretty cool," Yuina thought for a moment, and while the fire type wasn't exactly sold on what was going on, she did humor Yuina. The tuft of her neck lit up in a swirling form of red and purple flame, and she raised her paws to either side of her neck. As if she were grabbing apples from an apple tree, individual purple wisps came from her fire and Kyoko held a line of them out in front of her.[break]
"It looks like fire, but it's more like a shadow of fire, since it's a ghost type attack," Yuina tried to explain, though it didn't make much sense when she said it out loud? Hopefully Robin could get the point she was trying to make at least.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
471 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 3:48:48 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was clear that knowledge wasn't going to give either of them in edge in this challenge, but Robin hoped energy might. She brought her passion to just about everything she did, and this was no exception. She slid her backpack from her shoulders as she watched the Typhlosion's collar of ghostly fire flare up. She clapped her hands excitedly as Kyoko pulled out the wisps. "That's so cool! I've seen something similar, will-o-wisps, but they weren't as illusory. This will definitely earn us some cool points."

Munchlax pulled a few apples from her bag as Robin spoke, then bumped his head into her leg for her attention afterwards. "What, buddy? You have something to share?" Munchlax started throwing the apples into the air, juggling them. "Oh! Yes! We could juggle the wisps. That'll be a cool, interactive partner move. Easy to choregraph, but more importantly, easy to admire." Munchlax dropped the apples -- biting one of them first, to Robin's chagrin -- before moving closer to Kyoko, determined.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 16:54:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In any case, it seemed that Kyoko's 'trick' was gonna do exactly what they might be here to accomplish as the Typhlosion held her wisps out in front of her, and Robin jumped on it, that it would earn them cool points. At least they were heading in what sounded like a positive direction.[break]
"Alright, what do we want to do with it," Yuina questioned, wondering what they could turn it into to make it cool in a choreographed kind of way? The small blue Pokemon that Robin had with her had pulled some apples out of their bag, and started juggling them in a show of what it intended.[break][break]
"Oh, wow, what a neat idea," Yuina smiled, such creativity from the little Pokemon. It shuffled over towards Kyoko who looked down at him, and still holding onto a series of wisps, she took one into one paw specifically and held it down to the inquisitive little Pokemon.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
471 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 20:24:42 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Munchlax made a pleased sound as he held the wisp, giving it a quizzical sniff before finding it satisfactory. He pushed it between both paws before he tossed it back to the Typhlosion to encouraging collaborative juggling. "Y'know, I've never seen a Typhlosion look this way. Where did you find her?" She loved her normal type companion despite her penchant for ghost types, but it did make her wonder if there were other iterations or forms of her Munchlax out there in the world, one that held ghostly properties like this Typhlosion.

With their two pokemon doing most of the work, Robin felt confident they had this one in the bag. "Yeah, if these two can manage juggling with basically no practice, I think we've got our choreography down. I think the coordinator will like this."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 0:20:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It seemed that Kyoko and the Munchlax were on the same page now, and she smiled a bit on her jowls as she looked down at the small blue Pokemon. It held onto her wisp and passed it around between his hands for a moment before tossing it back up to her, and she caught the shadow atop one paw, letting down another one for the Munchlax to catch.[break]
"Hmm? Oh... Someone said that to me before I think? I wasn't really aware that she was... different? We've just been together for as long as I can remember," Yuina smiled then, glossing over the directive of the question... Because as long as she could remember really was only the last two months or so, and Kyoko was just... There?[break][break]
Holding now a handful of shadowy wisps, Kyko smiled again as she raised her paws, and the wisps floated down and around the Munchlax in a whimsical, almost dancing circle, bouncing and spinning, it sure seemed like the two of them were getting the hang of things![break]
"What about your little Pokemon? What kind of Pokemon is he," Yuina smiled again, watching the two Pokemon enjoy their intuitive idea together, it sure seemed like they were doing some great work together!

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
471 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 18:04:33 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Huh. Well, that's really cool. You might have a rare pokemon!" Robin watched Kyoko and Munchlax collaborate, getting into the rhythm of juggling. "I met Munchlax by accident, and he wouldn't leave me alone afterwards. I had intended to catch a ghost type for my first pokemon, but... well, how could I say no to his little face?" She was thrilled to watch him play nice with others. "He's a regular-schmegular Munchlax, just a normal type. He's very brave around ghosts, though. I think that's why I couldn't say no to him."

Her hands rested on her hips as the two pokemon mastered their groove for juggling. "I think our mission is accomplished if you're ready to flag down the contest choreographer. I might have to start attending contests to see this in action."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 18:48:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Smiling at Robin's short story of how she came to befriend Munchlax, it was endearing knowing that they were great friends already as the first Pokemon that she took on as a partner.[break]
"Ghost or not, I think bravery is great. That means you can stand up to even the scariest ghosts I bet, huh," Yuina smiled down at the blue Pokemon, bravery was important and it seemed to have already proven that it was an invaluable quality the Munchlax held.[break]
"I think that's really great that you and Munchlax are friends that way. I bet he'll be with you through thick and thin," she nodded, he was such a great help even in just this short instance, Yuina could imagine that they would have many exploits together where he would be the MVP![break][break]
"I think we're all set too! Thank you, for sticking it out with me, I might not have come in here knowing what was going on, but you did great putting our Pokemon's special qualities together," Yuina smiled, waving her hand then as the choreographer was starting to make their rounds.[break]
"Oh, yeah! We're ready over here!"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 0:03:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: