Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 19:00:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Whoever invented gym memberships should be welcomed into Team Rocket and promoted to Admin. It was by far the dastardliest deed ever committed by mankind, and Howard was intimately familiar with most of history. He was confident that he hadn't missed anything more atrocious.

That was why Howard had never gone to a gym. He thought he was in pretty good shape, all things considered. You'd think wandering the Desert Resort for a month and exploring Unova's Relic Castle was proof of one's ability. According to the Team Rocket Physical Fitness Test, he wasn't. That test took the form of someone who thought the blender was the most useful appliance in the kitchen.

"I hate you." Howard wheezed as he did another push up with his Larvitar on his back. Serizawa sat there, looking awfully smug as Howard did a back and forth motion. The Larvitar seemed to be having fun, at least.

After his 1000th push up (actually 100), Howard fell to the ground and looked up at Kouji. "You said you'd help me get better at battling. I didn't know that included a workout regimen from hell. "

It took the man several moments to catch his breath.

"What's your process here? Does doing push ups really tie into battling?"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 1:16:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”You’re not the first to hate me, this is the I hate you room; that’s all a gym is, hating yourself, and hating others for hating themselves more.” Kouji flexed his muscles as if it was something to be proud of, striking a guts pose before he looked back down at Howard.
[break][break]
”The hell you mean? What if a hyper beam misses? That’s your ass being toasted in an instant. The point of working out is to move how you want to when ya need to. It’ll help ya run away too if you’re in a pinch.” He said as he struck a squat to help count. He had an arbitrary number in his head that kept on rising everytime Howard did a push-up, looking at the man, he was roughly guessing what his limit was.
[break][break]
That limit was definitely ten below what he was actually going to make the man do.
[break][break]
”Plus, it inspires ya pokemon. Just look at that lil’ Larvitar on your back, he’s sure enjoying it. It’s like getting a nice little ride. Now, do another 20.” He said as he left him there, up next was star jumps, might as well work on some cardio after.
[break][break]
”Anywho, if ya hate me now, you’ll detest me come the end of the day.” There it came, the grin of a sadistic gym monkey.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Super duper ultra mega training

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 8:24:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Dammit. Why did he have to be so buff?

Why couldn't Kouji be another ordinary grunt that Howard could simply stuff into a locker? If it was that easy, Howard could omit the workout and return to the labs or his room. Instead, he was stuck here because there was a promise that Howard would come out of this a better battler. That seemed like a scam at this point. Life was a scam, and the 'I hate you room' was the hell that made up Howard's world until he escaped.

Fuck, he could be watching a documentary right now.

"Kouji, if a Hyper Beam misses, I hope it just kills me. Better than paying the hospital bill." Howard glared at him. Despite his whining, he was still undergoing Kouji's gruesome regiment. He hadn't stopped, despite his annoying complaints. "I do like running away."

Running away was a nice skill to have. Though, if Howard was honest, it likely wouldn't save him from a whole slew of nasty fates. The day he could outrun that giant monster in Ultra Plant was the day Kouji figured out that other appliances beyond the blender existed.

"Ughhhuhhhhhh..." Howard moaned, face against the floor, as he did another twenty pushups. Kouji was right, though. Serizawa was enjoying the ride. The Larvitar threw up its little arms in excitement as Howard finished the twentieth push up. "You better not evolve up there. Get off." Serizawa ran over to Kouji, now that his ride had been disrupted.

Kouji had vaguely mentioned a regimen at the beginning of this death march, but Howard had forgotten it. Frankly, it didn't matter. Howard would be dead by the end, anyway.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 7:34:18 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji picked up the Larvitar as he ran forward, these little fuckers were always way heavier than they looked like. Guess it came with a species that ate mountains to grow up, but then again Kouji made sure to balance himself properly. ”Alright, now do twenty laps around this place and we’ll start properly. While you’re running, I’ll be throwing balls at you, but they’ll be baseballs, so they’ll hurt if they hit ya.”
[break][break]
He put Serizawa back down, as if telling the pokemon to join him.
[break][break]
”You’ll have no shot dodging a bullet or some move, but it’ll help. I’ve got a good fast throw, you can’t really dodge most things after they’re thrown, so preempt this shit, but keep it going.”
[break][break]
But the most important thing was that this would be fun for at least one of them, Kouji went to grab the bucket of baseballs, he’d need to time them well and not have time to load up, changing speeds, changing angles, changing timing.
[break][break]
No, he was not smiling, you’re definitely seeing things.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 7:54:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Arceus was dead, and Kouji Matsubara had killed him. There was no way in hell that any god would create a world with this monster in it. Granted, no god would allow the boundaries of reality to fold in on itself like tissue paper. That was what Howard's lungs felt like, actually. Tissue paper.

"Twenty...? Howard said in-between breaths. That was fine. Howard was fine. He was young. Spry. As long as he took a quick breather, he could totally run twenty laps around this personal hell that had been constructed for him.

Breath in...

Out...

In...

Out...

In...

DONK! A baseball hit him. Howard's eyes snapped open as he growled in pain, holding his head. He looked up to see Kouji's face. He was definitely smiling. Totally. 100%. The bastard was enjoying this. Motherfucker.

"Stop. Stop! Let me get up first!" Howard yelled as he quickly got to his feet and began running laps. Serizawa chased after him, growling in an admittedly adorable way that would make Howard's heart melt. Unfortunately, it had been melted down and put into Kouji's blender.

"You..." Donk. "Are..." Donk. "A massive..." Donk. "Cunt..!" Howard spat at him as baseballs were flung at him. He dodged a few, but he was too tired to dodge particularly well. Besides, Kouji had said this wouldn't save him from a Hyper Beam. So, what? He had to preemptively dodge the fucking attacks?

Wonderful. Howard tried it.

Donk!

Too slow.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 16:09:31 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
It was fun.
[break][break]
He couldn’t deny it, to not be fatigued and throw them was easy for the man laying out the training, but right now, he was just aiming carefully then throwing them, he picked up the speed the more he got used to Howard’s own pace.
[break][break]
Just aim, shoulder, hip, side of the leg, side, back, and a softer one to the head, he wasn’t trying to kill the man afterall.
[break][break]
Even if it might have seemed that way.
[break][break]
Kouji kept doing it, and his smile only got bigger, being the one in charge for training did seem like something up his alley now that he thought about it. Yet, he could feel it, the moment Howard would duck, Kouji threw it lower; it was almost as if he could read the person.
[break][break]
What was the point of this exercise again?
[break][break]
”Oh yeah, dodge training. Shit.” He said as he stopped trying to predict, it was for a runaway attack. ”You’ll love me in your first fight, but try not to love me too much, alright? I don’t swing that way.”
[break][break]
He threw another one just as he finished speaking this time with pace just behind him, to give him a little scare he made sure it was as loud as possible.
[break][break]
”Gonna pick up the pace now, if this hits your head, you might just die.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 8:46:52 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was not fun.

It's a lot easier to throw balls at someone to trigger a hit of dopamine in the brain. The chemical process went back to ancient times, when ancient Howards and Koujis were whaling on each other with spiked clubs to see who got to eat the best part of the hunted Tauros. Naturally, the ancient Koujis won, and Howards were forced to submit to their blender drink overlords.

If there wasn't proof that Arceus was a massive cunt, there it was.

"Fuck you." Howard said after the thirtieth ball strike. He had said it thirty times already, but he'd say it again. At this point, he was essentially immune to Kouji's ball strikes. His pain tolerance was pretty high. Howard had survived cave-ins, explosions, drug overdoses, mental breakdowns, grad school, and a Legendary Pokémon the size of a building. "Fuck you. The only love I have for you is the kind that gets us put together in a warzone. From there, a stray explosive kills us both. I'd love that."

Frankly, the only thing that could kill him now a strike to his bank account.

Kouji threw a ball towards Howard's foot, and the archaeologist tripped, screaming words in languages that Kouji couldn't begin to understand. The trainer would know it was a curse, though. Mankind had been instilled with the primal sense to know when people were talking behind their backs.

He hit the ground. Hard. Yet he kept running in spite of that. Another ball aimed towards his head, but Serizawa blocked it by firing a Hyper Beam. Overkill, but Kouji's throw was no joke. That ball would've done more damage than a Hyper Beam, anyways.

Another lap down. "Wee." Howard muttered.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 20:33:14 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Damn. You really hate yourself huh? Well, you’re in the right place, this is the self hate room.”
[break][break]
It was funny to bring it back to that, but Kouji didn’t stop, but the hyper beam was rightly timed, not bad.
[break][break]
”Your Larvitar’s got good instincts, maybe you can learn a thing or two. You can’t be scared of looking at what might hurt ya, plot out your exit routes the moment you get into a room, so you can just watch the threat, and run away…But never look back, that one just slows you down.”
[break][break]
He remembered being chased by Garchomp through the caves of Dewford, it was a terrifying experience in truth, but it was just as much a learning experience. He knew full well just how terrifying these battles could be.
[break][break]
”After you finish with these, we’ll get started with the actual pokemon battling part.”
[break][break]
He threw another baseball, aimed at the man’s lower leg.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 7:55:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Serizawa is the best Larvitar in the whole world. Don't you dare corrupt him!" Howard yelled back at Kouji as a baseball hit him in the leg. Did he seriously name his Larvitar after a giant monster in a movie? What a degenerate.

On Kouji's next lesson, Howard was a pro. He was a coward. An utter coward, through and through. He said it constantly, and unlike a lot of people, the archaeologist genuinely meant it. In Ultra Plant, he ran from that giant electrical monster. When faced with something he couldn't defeat, the first instinct he had was to run away and hide.

Sometimes, Howard liked to imagine what it'd be like to triumph over that fear. Then, he killed that imagination. That process got good men killed. There was no main character in life. One pep talk couldn't override reality. Therefore, you ran when the going got tough. Was that why he was such a weak trainer?

Likely.

The rest of the laps took place without incident. Despite his whining, Howard was in pretty good shape. He had crossed deserts, mountains, caves, and had once survived in the Desert Resort on seven Maractus fruit and a bottle of whiskey. A fun story, but one for another time. Howard managed to slightly improve at ball dodging, but it was hardly noteworthy. A hundred percent of Kouji's shots hitting had dropped to about ninety-seven percent. Not noteworthy.

Yet it was an improvement.

After a few minutes of recovery and screaming into his gym bag, Howard and Kouji stood in a battle arena. Howard was drenched in sweat, and looked like he had lost a fight with a baseball machine. A lot of those balls would bruise. He put his hand on a hip and pointed at Kouji. "What're the rules, Baseball Boy? I don't fight much, so you can choose the- hey!" Serizawa attempted to run out into the field as Howard's Pokémon, before getting scooped up by Howard. The Larvitar attempted to squirm out of Howard's hands.

"H-hey, Serizawa! Pipe down!"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 12:49:16 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Standing across from one another, Kouji looked at the duo wrestling as he thought out his plan.
[break][break]
”What’s your first plan in a battle? You must have some kinda tactic when walking into a pokemon battle that works best for your team.” Kouji tilted his head subtly to the side, he was curious how smarter people would approach this one. He had opted to maximise his strengths, and with time he had learned that came with maximising a weakness in his opponents.
[break][break]
Simple, but it worked, and he had figured out a lotta ways to do that with his dark types, the moment he had added dragons into the mix, it had become even more straight forward.
[break][break]
”Like your Larvitar, his strengths I’d bet are being able to handle crazy statuses like being burned, and coming out even stronger, when he evolves it’s going to be being able to take a hit and give it back even harder.”
[break][break]
”But they’re even better facilitators, Sand is pretty useful for a lot of pokemon, it’s the kind of strength your whole team can rely on. You’re smart, if you don’t have one, you should figure out one. Then you increase how many options you have.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 5:56:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"To run away." Howard said instinctively, before looking away with a sheepish expression. It was true. If there was a fight going on, Howard would run off and hide somewhere. It had served him well pretty far, but there was the unfortunate reality that some things were faster than Howard's legs. That monster in Ultra Plant, for example.

Running away had saved his life, but it had also made him weak.

"Sand, mostly. I use my Probopass to set up Sandstorm so I can run away or attack in a way others can't expect. A lot of people don't expect it. I read in a book that Tyranitar can create sandstorms just by walking into battle, but..." Howard gestured at the ferocious Larvitar. "He's already a handful."

Damn, how pathetic was it that Howard was hardly skilled enough to train a Larvitar?

All of his Pokemon had been chosen to help Howard out on the field. He had been a scholar, once. His Pokemon had helped excavate fossils and helped Howard out in the wilderness. They had never been trained for combat, even though they were competent.

"But I'm worried that if I lean too far into sandstorms, I'll eventually meet something that utterly breaks that strategy apart. What should I do then?" Howard asked Kouji. How long had it been since Howard had been the student? Years, certainly.

Serizawa squirmed out of Howard's hands and ran towards the field. The little monster pointed at Kouji and let out a small and high-pitched roar. More of a growl, if they were being honest.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 17:44:22 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
It wasn’t a bad instinct.
[break][break]
The option wouldn’t always exist, but Kouji could acknowledge the will to survive in that; no point in pride if someone just died. He nodded slowly, before he looked down at Serizawa’s growl, it was an adorable sight, but even this little guy could beat him in a fight.
[break][break]
”Think the little guy wants to fight. But…You need more options, Sand is great, and Tyranitar can facilitate it. But, this little guy’s got a little while before that. I’d bring mine out, but I have no interest in cleaning up sand for the rest of the day.” He said as he stretched.
[break][break]
”Now, if I were up against a team that uses sandstorms, I’d bring a water type. If I were using a sand team, I’d bring this guy.” He said as he brought out Dracozolt, his hadn’t made use of its secondary ability just yet.
[break][break]
”Water ain’t gonna be able to handle this guy, and he’s a dragon, a living fossil that some guy had released, too many are out in the world now.” It was the worst kind of taint, but he wasn’t a guy digging up dinosaur bones.
[break][break]
”If we move, I’ll show you different tactics. Can’t really go that hard in the submarine, can we?” He said with a smirk before he squatted down to pet Serizawa’s head.
[break][break]
”What do you think?”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 21:03:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard's eye blazed with rage for exactly one second when Dracozolt came out. Galarians had done more damage to the archaeological field in a few years than any other region, and these bastardized Pokémon showed it. He abhorred how fossils had been mixed together to create abominations. Their existences were misery. If he could, he'd go out and end euthanize them all, but he couldn't.

He wanted to sock Kouji in the face and walk away. It's not his fault. He doesn't know. Howard thought to himself. The rage vanished a second later.

"I see. There should be less out in the world, if you ask me. Thanks for the advice." Howard said stiffly, before miming Kouji in a stretch. After popping his back, Howard sighed in relief. He couldn't hold Kouji's ownership of a Dracozolt against him. Few people understood archaeology as well as Howard. They just used these abominations in combat.

Howard watched as Serizawa growled in delight at the pat from Kouji. Was this the path to becoming stronger? He didn't want to keep losing fights. He wanted to be able to take care of himself. Whether he liked it or not, he was in Team Rocket now. That meant he had to save his own skin every once in a while.

"Agreed." Howard put his hand on his hip. "You're the boss."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 1:41:12 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Walking would just take a while, so Kouji brought out his Sableye, the door opened in the air; Phantom Force, a way to move between two places he had grown fond of, the other side was the old Sootopolis gym, now a place of disrepair.
[break][break]
”Here’ll do.”
[break][break]
”stay by the side, we’ll go back at some point. You’re up Dracovish.” The pokemon looked at his trainer before moving forward, the dragon type seemed to be ready for a brawl, and so was Kouji.
[break][break]
”Think things out, maybe look at a new way to give orders. uses clicks, I use predetermined routes, but that ain’t something to try on the spot.” Kouji looked over the field, now filled with cracks, this would do just well.
[break][break]
”You start, I’ll give ya tips as we go.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 9:11:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Guh..." Howard instinctively shivered as the Sableye's move took effect. These ways of traveling were certainly convenient. Nonetheless, they always felt strange whenever Howard used them. It felt like stepping through a meat locker. It was, however, vastly preferable to public transportation.

Arceus above, he hated buses. Almost as much as he hated Kouji's second abomination. The poor thing looked like it was in absolute misery. He had read an article from a Galarian researcher that it went extinct due to poor breathing conditions.

What a load of garbage. It went extinct because it never existed to begin with.

Squirming out of his grasp again, Serizawa waddled up to the battlefield and let out a growl. Howard grumbled and picked up its ball, before hesitating. After a moment, he sighed and threw up his hands. Serizawa wanted to fight, so who was Howard to stop the little monster?

What was the right move here? Serizawa didn't seem like the right pick, but why? Routes? Clicks? These made sense, but they didn't fit. What was Howard's method?

"Alright, Serizawa! Earthquake!" Howard shouted, Serizawa letting out a roar before stamping his foot against the ground with astounding force.