August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 21:38:30 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Underestimating a pokemon came at one’s own expense, Kouji knew that full well, Larvitar was a pokemon when given enough time, could eat a good chunk of a mountain.
[break][break]
Making a building shake heavily should have been child’s play, and it did, the ground underneath Dracovish erupted, and the dragon was shot upwards into the air by the sheer shock of the move.
[break][break]
”Little guy sure is strong.” He said with a smirk before Dracovish angled its maw downards. ”Path p.” Kouji called, there was no learning anything by using the optimal path, it would just be a beat down…But then again, maybe Howard would surprise him?
[break][break]
”Dragon Pulse, Serizawa is pretty strong for a Larvitar, you lose some potential when you evolve it. Sure a Tyranitar hits like a truck and is super armored, but being a small target, and still hitting hard, even more so when they’re hurt.” It’s the guts of an upstart, that was what made these guys so impressive.
[break][break]
”If ya didn’t mind putting him in the way of harm, he’d be a terrifying little ankle biter. So, next up is you. I’m gonna have him use Fishious rend next, it might seriously hurt Serizawa, what do you do?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Super duper ultra mega training

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 19:46:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Serizawa flew away from the blast of the Dragon Pulse, arms flailing as he did so. He rolled, tumbled slightly, before getting back up to his feet. Howard pumped a fist. "Agreed. Serizawa is the best! I wish he wouldn't eat so much, though."

The Larvitar let out a growl in agreement, shaking little arms at Dracovish and Kouji. An ankle-biter, indeed.

Path P? Howard's eye narrowed. So that's what Kouji meant. He must've pre-planned out several different scenarios for each Pokémon, and assigned them different paths depending on the scenario. That must've taken Kouji a lot of practice. It was impressive. Was this what the best battlers in Hoenn did? Could he even compete?

"Rend...?" Howard grimaced. Shit. Kouji was right. A firm water-type move left him folded. He had nothing to respond to such an attack. Frowning, Howard bit his lip. If he had his Cradily, this would've been a breeze, but he didn't. Instead, he had to think.

For a moment—much too long—Howard pondered his options. His Larvitar would've been pounded while he agonized. "I'll just have to crush you first, before you can beat me with that attack! Hyper Beam!"

Serizawa's maw opened, and a bright light emerged, before erupting into a massive laser that ripped across the battlefield.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 4:06:11 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
It wasn’t the worst call.
[break][break]
Kouji looked at the pokemon before him, a hyper beam was definitely a good call but. ”Drop.” Dracovish aimed his attack at the ground causing it to erupt upwards, creating a screen behind the dust. The hyper beam still struck, but it only added to the dust that was kicked up in the area.
[break][break]
Dracovish was a pokemon capable of moving in the most dense sandstorms, but with the damage from the hyper beam, a strong move, one of the more powerful that was not delegated to those absurd gods. ”You’ll run into a problem if that’s your ranged move.” A hunter was a hunter.
[break][break]
They knew when to move forward, and Dracovish did so exactly, parting the dust with its maw covered in a spiral of water, there were definite marks that showed the attack struck, and it wasn’t as fast as it had been before, but it still stood there.
[break][break]
”Stop.” And then he stopped an inch away.
[break][break]
”Don’t want Serizawa getting too hurt to follow, now; what do you do? Exhausted after a hyper beam, you’re frozen, what’s the option in this moment?” He wanted to figure out what option Howard would pick.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 9:31:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Shiiiiiiiiiit.

What did he do now? Cry? Surrender? The first that came to mind was to run away, given that his Hail Mary had failed, and that Serizawa would be as dead as a doorknob if Kouji was serious about taking him down. The Larvitar stared directly into the predator's eyes, unfazed at what the abomination would do to it if given the chance.

Howard wished he could be that brave.

"I... um..." Howard trailed off, eye looking around the arena, as if hoping that there would be a chalkboard with the answer written on it. Given that he wasn't even sure that Kouji could write, such a thing seemed unlikely.

"I... switch? Once I verify that your Pokémon is still standing? How am I gonna do that with all this dust?" If only Serizawa was bigger, he'd be able to sweep away this dust cloud with ease. As is, Howard had to do the seeing himself, and one eye missing made it easier to miss more than what was acceptable.

Plus, he was loathe to admit it...

"What am I supposed to see?" Howard asked. "You obviously can, but I... can't. I just can't."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:18:33 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”It might sound stupid, but you can’t because you can’t. Ain’t supposed to see with your eyes, but you’ll have to know from experience, and training. What’s the most your pokemon can handle, how often can that move knock an opponent clean out. And if you don’t know the answer, assume they’re still raring to go, and you can’t take anymore.” He said as he rolled his shoulders.
[break][break]
”Expect the best from your opponent, and the worst from yourself, while still being confident.” He said as Dracovish waddled its way back to his side, Kouji began to move forward. ”Serizawa can use hyper beam huh? Didn’t expect a small guy like that to pack such a big punch.”
[break][break]
”You gotta match the energy of the little guy, rare to go. But you’re not a brawler, you’re a thinker. Use that mind, you ain’t got the experience of getting sucked in the face between every meal. So, what’s your strengths, doesn’t gotta be pokemon battling, just state them.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 10:30:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As Kouji explained what Howard did wrong, he slumped even further. It wasn't a slump of disappointment, but moreso one of resignation. Everything Kouji said was correct, and Howard felt dumb. College had been hard, but he had found his way through it.

"Not seeing with my eyes, huh?" Howard let out a small chuckle and tapped his eyepatch. "I guess I'm halfway there, then."

This? He was blind. He was trying, but it seemed like an insurmountable obstacle. His Pokémon were strong, but he wasn't. Serizawa would've been leagues tougher with a better trainer. Howard had heard of Pokémon training, but what about trainer training? They never showed all that in the movies and shows. The trainer was just always talented.

Yet that was hardly realistic.

"My strengths? I have none in battle, so..." What was this, therapy? Did he need to get Kouji a chair and a sofa for himself to sit on? Maybe he'd tell his colleague about his life story, how he lost his eye, and how he had ended up with almost 100,000 PD of student debt.

"I'm an archaeologist, a paleontologist, I enjoy working with fossils. I'm a..." Howard closed his eye. What was he? What was the promise that he made? The promise to...

Right. Howard's eye opened and he stared at Kouji.

"I'm a survivor, and I watch history go by. I... see."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 4:38:52 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji didn’t know if that was a bingo, but he nodded his head.
[break][break]
”Aye, I can only fight y’know? Sure I’m pretty good at smuggling, but that just helps in a fight. Knowing how to avoid eyes, move things quietly, and that kind of stuff. But you’ve got a bunch of things you’re good at, and just take the things you can do there, into a fight. Eventually, you’ll make a style of your own.”
[break][break]
The man could see.
[break][break]
”Observe, take data, and see how you can survive the next time, you’ll have it in your hands. Right? You didn’t go become some kinda brainiac for no reason.”
[break][break]
He looked towards Serizawa, and then back towards Howard.
[break][break]
”Your pokemon can be vicious, you just use your mind to guide them, or better yet, guide idiots that are only good for swinging their fists.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 5:03:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It wasn't for no reason, but it was for a childish reason.

That was fine. A childish reason was virtuous, born of a pure desire to accomplish something. Howard had wanted to see history go by. He wanted to chronicle it. In order to do that, he needed to read about it, study it, see it.

His missing eye twitched. Now, instead of seeing, there was nothing but darkness there. Was he a brainiac? Yes, but he didn't feel like one. He felt... foolish. Childish. He wasn't giving Kouji much of a challenge, and his fellow grunt drank his food from a blender.

"You're right!" Howard said, nodding. "Yes, of course. My own style, huh...?"

Historians didn't create anything. They simply preserved. Could Howard really create a fighting-style when his only virtue was his ability to preserve what other people had made? Perhaps he could simply copy some powerful trainer's fighting style? His eye wandered to Kouji.

No, that wouldn't work.

"Man, this is hard." Howard put his hands behind his head and sighed.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 5:24:07 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji dropped a fist on top of the man’s head.
[break][break]
It felt like the right thing to do.
[break][break]
”You’re your worst enemy, of course it’s hard. It’s about life and death battle, everyone is going through the same things. It’s why having your skill is important, read about battles or some shit, observe other people fight; figure it out. Look, I’m here the whole day, we can keep going.
[break][break]
He said as he went into his side bag.
[break][break]
”Even brought some spare meals.” He sloshed around the blended food of his. ”Extra protein, you’ll get tougher too…But leaving that aside. You need to get your head in the game. It takes days, weeks, months or years, but eventually; you’ll find that confidence in your strength.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 5:34:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Blended foods... Howard's face turned green. Of course. He should've expected that Blender Guy would've done something like this. His head was completely mush, so naturally his taste in food had to be as smooth as his brain.

...but he had a point. Serizawa nudged Howard's leg.

Head still aching from Kouji's fist drop, Howard shook off the strike. His hat was askew, but it felt right. He could stop right now, go back to the submarine, and take the day to do some research on a few things. It was what was expected from him. He made Team Rocket money. He was no soldier on the front lines.

Yet he suspected that if he left this ruined gym, he'd never get a chance to train with Kouji ever again. Blender Guy was incredibly strong, even if his only achievement was strength.

"Alright, Blender Guy." Howard pulled off his eyepatch, revealing a gleaming Key Stone in his socket. "Round two!"

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Blender and Fender [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 6:22:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: