janderius

He/Him
July 15
Vermilion City
Straight
Delivery Driver
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
10 posts
part of
TAG WITH @janderius
Daichi Kurimoto
Slow Night at the Arcade [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 3:57:12 GMT
Daichi Kurimoto Avatar
Even after a long day spent working and training with his Pokemon, Daichi still felt oddly restless after the sun went down. He figured it was as good an opportunity as ever to wander the streets of Lilycove City for a little bit. He was still fairly new in town, and he hadn't found time to check out the night life yet.

His original idea was to grab a beer at a yokocho-style bar, but his ambling stroll through the inner downtown area inevitably just brought him to one of the arcades.

The multi-story establishment was surprisingly quiet, probably owing to the offseason time of year and the fact that it also happened to be a weeknight.

Daichi gravitated towards one of the machines he knew best, an old 2D fighter that he'd been playing all his life. The fighting game section was about as you'd expect, with a wide selection of different titles all arranged in similarly shaped cabinets that all sat lower than most. There was just enough space for two players, with a an old CRT screen and stools for each contender to sit at. 

He sat himself down with a weary sigh, setting his cup full of coins aside after feeding his first credit of the night. There didn't seem to be anyone else around that he could challenge. For the better part of an hour, he just grinded away in a silent flow state, practicing combos on his long-time main.

Eventually though, he pushed himself up with a stretch and glanced around the place. There was an idle curiosity there, scanning the other machines present to see if anything new caught his eye.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 8:51:24 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Finishing up half of the assigned homework that her professor at the Slateport University gave her to do at home, the royal ambassador goes to one of the local arcades in Lilycove City’s streets. Dressed in a dark blue blouse and a derby cap of the same hue, her choker with a single red rose on it probably was the only accessory that stood out due to how expensive it looked. Trailing behind the female royal was the female Lucario who had signed herself to look after her charge in the case that the princess’ personal guard couldn’t be there.[break][break]

When the female royal finds the 2D fighter machine, there was someone else at the first player seat. With Tomoe hanging a bit back to watch her charge, Elise sits gracefully down at the second player’s seat to take out her wallet from her purse and insert a coin inside. She does get a feel of practicing combos with a character’s fast speed in combat with an AI controlled opponent first. [break][break]

If Josh played this game, he might have told her much on the different fighters there.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

janderius

He/Him
July 15
Vermilion City
Straight
Delivery Driver
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
part of
TAG WITH @janderius
Daichi Kurimoto
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 21:18:43 GMT
Daichi Kurimoto Avatar
When the second player decided to join him, Daichi barely seemed to acknowledge their arrival. His brow merely perked a little bit on one side before he cast an idle glance the newcomer's direction.

"Mmm." A single, non-commital hum was all that was offered.

It wasn't exactly a warm reception, but he didn't make any move to kick her off either.

When inevitably presented with the menu for a multiplayer battle, he selected his go-to fighter as if he'd been matched up against any other competitor. As soon as the match started, he put his years of practice to work and ruthlessly dispatched the apparent newcomer in the first round. The second round was no different.

It was only after the match ended that he fully processed the apparent gap in their skill levels. When his opponent was presented with the dreaded "Continue?" prompt, he paused for a moment of consideration.

"Been meaning to try that one over there." His tone was low and sounded uncaring as he nodded towards a co-op side-scrolling beat'em up cabinet nearby. It would be a much more merciful option than going head-to-head in a 2d fighter against this girl again.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 6:51:54 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The screen on her machine tells her that there was a challenge given by the other player, so she accepts. In the first round, she tries her best in using the speed of her fighter although she comes up short with the difference in her own skill versus the other player’s. That other player must’ve played this game longer than she would’ve and the second round earned another loss. Tomoe comes over to watch the game screen on the 2D fighter give her charge the prompt to continue as the female royal doesn’t insert another coin to play more.[break][break]

Maybe 2D fighters were not an easy game to try for someone that had gone for the first time.[break][break]

Hearing the lower voice of the blond male state that he was thinking of trying the other game where he was nodding his head at, the dark magenta haired princess gives her reply in a soft-spoken and elegant manner. “If it pleases you, I would also accompany you to that machine.” A little silent pause came before she goes on. “It’s a little better than to attempt at a game I haven’t gotten surmountable experience for.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

janderius

He/Him
July 15
Vermilion City
Straight
Delivery Driver
0 height
0 height
awards
10 posts
part of
TAG WITH @janderius
Daichi Kurimoto
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 5:05:26 GMT
Daichi Kurimoto Avatar
Daichi didn't have any words of comfort or reassurance to offer her for how the match had gone. He simply hauled himself to his feet, scooped up his cup of pokedollar coins and made his way over to the other machine, fully expecting her to follow.

Setting his coins back down beside the machine, he fed a few coins into the slot in order to fulfill a credit for his turn. The game seemed to involve playing as one of four different turtle-themed pokemon that would have to fight their way through the rough streets of Saffron City. When presented with the character select screen, Daichi considered the options available. He scrolled right past Torterra, Drednaw, and Turtonator, before ultimately settling on Blastoise. It only made sense for him to go with the one from Kanto.

The strong, silent act continued, and he patiently waited for her to join in.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 15:45:25 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Rather than giving her any consolation for her loss against him in the 2D fighter game, the guy is silent and goes over to the co-op game. Since he expected her to follow him, the female royal does just that and sees the co-op game in view when she gets there. Her Lucario slips into the shadows near one of the other game machines to watch over her charge while the Galarian Ambassador watched the man choose one of the turtle Pokemon after he gives a coin to the machine.[break][break]

She sits down to join in with the blond man and inserts her own pokedollar coin into the slot before the options showed up on the screen for her to choose. Scrolling past Torterra, Elise sees the familiar Drednaw being one of the options which elicits a small smile, given that it was native to the country she was a representative figure for and the nation her father was born and raised in. [break][break]

“This choice will be fine for me..given that Drednaw is native to the country I bear the burden of a ruler looking after her people.” She says simply as Elise presses the button to select Drednaw and begin as the second player to cooperate in the journey across Saffron City.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]