shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 06 engage in battle with a malevolent spirits.
  • 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.
  • 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.
  • 15 become lost in the mist.
  • 🗺️ utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
THE BORDER: EJ
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 11:39:03 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Okay, he could swear the last time he was here, the… huh? He was out at Mount Pyre, checking if there were any traces remaining of the previous ‘power spot’ connected to the Froslass that he’d encountered here just last month when—

Was the fog swirling around much thicker than usual… what in the world was going on?!

“H-Hello?!” he called out as he had to hold his hand up through the fog; it was so thick he could barely see more than a few feet in front of him.

“I-Is anyone there?”

Had he stepped through a portal going off to somewhere else—was the specter that caused all those avalanches still around and kicking?! Oh, crap.

What a time to get lost!

+
+ 15: become lost in the mist.

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 15:55:08 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise had arrived to Mt. Pyre to offer her prayers to the deceased Galarians from the previous wars when the weird mist took her somewhere.[break][break]

When she sees the new place, the fog is dense and there’s no sign of the familiar mountain and grave site that the ambassador is used to visiting. “Hello? Anyone there?” Elise tries calling out to someone, anyone, but there was no one answering. All she could hear were the sounds of whispering spirits and silence. [break][break]

Her Mismagius points out to a lone blonde female figure dressed in fine royal clothing. Elise turns to see the figure walking towards the fog and she had to wonder if this was one of her deceased relatives on her father’s side. “Great grandmother? Wait!” She begins to run towards the spirit of the older woman while her ghost follows her.[break][break]

Maybe if she gets some answers, Elise would find out where she was now.

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 15 become lost in the mist[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 16:14:50 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
He was now officially on high alert; having sent out Cordy the Absol to keep him company in this mess because holy shit, how could he have gotten himself lost somewhere around here?! What in the fresh hell?!

“S-stay close to me, okay?” he breathed out as they both waded deeper into the pervading gloom; the thickening fog obscuring what lay ahead—as well as what was behind them.

There really was no more turning back at this point because damn, a cold wind started to pick up—

And then, he felt it.

Not hatred; not envy; and most certainly not a grudge—

But fear. Abject, terrifying fear.

He then felt the Absol’s fur underneath his hold as they continued to walk forward—and now they were starting to hear voices as well! What was going on?! Had they really crossed the river of the dead?! But then—

Biting down on his lip, he yelped before feeling the instantaneous pain shooting through his face. Okay. So they were still alive, but…

+
+ 15: become lost in the mist + setting up 08: experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 16:37:21 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise was probably pretty sure she would lose sight of the woman if she didn’t follow the other royal in the middle of the fog.[break][break]

Mana’s red eyes begin to glow when she looks over to the other woman they were following though the ambassador feels the feeling in her chest. A terrible feeling that would unfurl from the way that this female spirit reminded her of something. [break][break]

Whatever that feeling was, Elise was sure that she had buried it inside of her while watching the world news of Galar outside of her host country. Headlines on the television screen would make her upset over the people listening to the Prime Minister than believing in her.[break][break]

“I think we’re close.” Elise spoke to her Mismagius when they would keep chasing after the blonde woman in the mist. “If we can corner her, we’ll get answers over where we are.”

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 15 become lost in the mist + setting up for 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 17:18:45 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The way he’d gotten so inexplicably lost in the fog made his senses go on high alert, despite the fact that they were walking in a straight(?) line and the Absol was keeping an eye out for them no matter what happened in case they were—

A loud screeching noise echoed through the fog; and he felt a bead of sweat roll down the side of his face. What… what could possibly have caused that loud noise?!

Were there… were they dead coming out to play?!

Never had he felt the fear lay down thick on him, suffocating him like a blanket as the screeching, shuffling—yes, there was shuffling now—got closer and closer and closer and closer

He then let out a scream; and the Absol’s cries of distress cut like a knife through the fog.

+
+ 08: experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:06:00 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Through the mist, the Galarian ambassador and her ghost got lost even if she was following the direction that the other human spirit was running to. The female figure disappeared into the fog and they stop where Elise wonders if she would see even more spirits of the deceased.[break][break]

Her expression changes when she sees the female royal figure appear before her again, but her beloved great grandmother changes to as if the mist itself was mocking her for following her family member blindly. ’s sneer as he whispers words of contempt and dislike for her made the feeling of deep seated hatred even stronger.[break][break]

At that point, Elise was no longer a proper princess in the eyes of the Galarian court. Here, the fiendish witch of hatred inside of her reared her ugly head. Like a rose unfurling its petals in bloom, the thorns of the princess’ hatred showed itself in the form of Elise’s angered hate.[break][break]

“Destroy him. Now.” The command that came from the Galarian princess was colder like the harsh winters in the Crown Tundra. “Burn him to a ashen crisp until is no more.”[break][break]

The Mismagius does as she’s ordered and uses Mystical Fire to let the blue flames burn Prime Minister to ashes until the spiritual body vanishes into the air.[break][break]

Elise does not care that he could send all of the propaganda, derision, and scorn for her and on Galarian broadcasts.[break][break]

Because she was going to come back stronger. More stronger than was.

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:19:36 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The hideous, pitiful scream of extremely potent fear continued for who knew how long—until his Absol had had enough and decided to headbutt him hard; knocking all the wind out of him and forcing him to double over in pain!

“Ow! Ouch, C-Cordy, what was that—” he trailed off, before he heard a familiar voice in the mist…

“Oh, shit. Don’t tell me I’m not the only one who’s lost out here?!” he exclaimed, sighing as he realized that the owner of the other voice was all too familiar—

Clambering onto the Absol’s back, palms all sweaty and trembling from the extremely potent fear that had frozen him in place, he rested his head into the Dark-type’s fur.

“Take me… get over to where that voice is coming from.”

Because if Cordy was smart enough, she would eventually recognize just who was having their own little moment in the fog as well…

+
+ 08: experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 19:42:06 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

In a moment, the immense feeling of hate leaves the Galarian royal as the purple ghost floats over to check on her. “I’m fine. It was just…” Trailing off when she thinks of the sudden change of feelings, she gives her faithful friend a smile. “A feeling that taken hold of me, that is all.” Though she didn’t want the witch inside of her to be out again, the female royal was afraid of what might’ve happened.[break][break]

The voice of another person is heard in the mist, but she can’t see who it is. That voice sounded familiar and they’ll have to follow where it was. “Let’s find where that voice is. I’m sure it must be someone familiar.” The royal spoke to her Mismagius as the ghost took up leading in helping to find wherever the voice may be.[break][break]

Because if she knows what that voice belonged to, Elise needed the comfort to not go back to bringing out the monster that emerged from her in her hate-filled rage against the Galarian Prime Minister.

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 16:20:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
It wouldn’t take too long for the Absol to find the source of the familiar voice—thank goodness they weren’t alone out here!

He then felt the white fur suddenly surge forward, which shook him out of his daze as he was very nearly bucked off the back of the Absol as he realized he wasn’t alone.

“Wha—Cordy, who is it—” he gasped before realizing—

“Why, hello there,” he greeted the familiar face as he slid off the Absol’s back.

“Got lost in the fog just like me?” he admitted with an embarrassed chuckle accompanied by the sheepish scratching of the back of his head.

+
+ they meet!

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:18:15 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Thankfully, she doesn’t have to try and find where the voice was since the familiar looking slightly older man and his Absol comes up to her. “Hello Jack. I also did not expect that you were lost in the mist as much as I am.” The ambassador responds with a little smile while her Mismagius looks up to the mist. Since he was here now, maybe sticking together and trying to get out of this fog would be a better idea.[break][break]

“I’ve gotten lost in the mist as well. If we stick together, I’ll feel safer too.” Elise gives him a nod, but their moment of reuniting with each other would be short-lived as malevolent spirits come to attack both the ambassador and her companion. “It looks like we have more company and it’s not friendly.” She addresses her Mismagius as the witch ghost sends a barrage of Shadow Balls in keeping the spirits at bay from reaching Elise and Jack!

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 06 engage in battle with a malevolent spirits.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 12:23:08 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“I’ll do my best,” he nodded before the Absol howled and prepared herself to charge forward alongside the spectral Pokémon with a Swords Dance technique before lashing out with a surprise Night Slash at the angry, angry specters that were trying to swarm them and either possess them or drive them away.

“Cordy, be careful!” he warned the Dark-type as the Absol charged forward, howling at the angry specters that were trying to get a piece of them, impeding their progress.

“What a mess!” he yelped as he tried to swat at the specters that wanted a piece of them. There was no way he was going to let any of them touch either him or his companion!

+
+ 06: engage in battle with a malevolent spirits.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 19:14:42 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

The malevolent spirits that were surrounding the royal and her companion were pushed back by the combined efforts of the Mismagius and his Absol. Since the dark type feline Pokemon was more of an exorcist than Mana was, the angered spirits disappear into the air once Cordy uses Night Slash on all of them. “That was a mess to deal with.” She gives the white-haired man a nod since they wouldn’t have to deal with the spirits while Cordy was here.[break][break]

Then, all hell breaks loose.[break][break]

An unholy screech comes from the mist as the large vengeful and vestigal spirit of Moltres flies outside of the mist like it’s a horror movie…starring a very angry Moltres spirit. “Give that Moltres spirit a taste of your Thunderbolt, Mana!” With a low cackle, the Mismagius casts a Thunderbolt on the spirit of Moltres as the bolt makes the bird screech in pain.[break][break]

“I don’t know how strong it is, but I may need to send out my Zeraora instead if it’s stronger than my ghost.” Elise gives her concern to Jack since a legendary Pokemon could warrant that she’ll have to send out her shiny thunder cat instead.

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 17:39:46 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Thankfully, his Absol had managed to repel all of the ghastly specters that were trying to take them into the fog, never to be seen or heard from again…

However, that was just the beginning of shit literally hitting the fan.

For less than the time it took to blink his eyes, a much larger, and angrier spirit came screaming out of the fog—it… hilariously Jack was not impressed with it.

“…why does it look like a chicken on fire?” he cracked for a few moments; before his Absol then used Swords Dance; the better to get ready in case the damned thing came screaming down—

“I don’t think that worked, you only made them angier!” he yelped as he fished out a Cherish Ball from his pocket and brought out—a shining, sparkling, white cat.

“Knock it out of the way with your Dragon Hammer!” he yelped as the white Zeraora charged forward; attempting to meet the spectral, absolutely angry Moltres in mid-air with the full-force bodily tackle that would echo with a resounding, clapping noise.

+
+ 14: engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 0:01:00 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

The spirit of the vengeful Moltres begins to wail from the Dragon Hammer attack coming from the shiny white Zeraora as it launches a Flamethrower to deal with the feline annoyance. “I’ll send out Freyja too!” Elise calls out to Jack and takes out the Dusk Ball containing her own shiny Zeraora as she clicks on the button to release the white thunder cat outside. Freyja looks up at the large spirit bird with a growl and Elise taps her Tera Orb to Terastalize her shiny female Zeraora to the Electric Tera Type![break][break]

“Help us out with Thunder Punch!” When the ambassador calls out the attack, Freyja uses her speed as trails of yellow sparkles shoot out from underneath her. The electric tera crowned Zeraora dashes in and punches the vengeful Moltres spirit with an electrified fist. Sparks of lightning flew as she would back off to let the Mismagius throw in a Shadow Ball that ends up hitting the Moltres spirit too.[break][break]

vKDY29I8

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) complete: utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]