shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 01 examine the broken seal to the north, found against the base of a mountain.
  • 17 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.
  • 18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.
  • 21 encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.
  • 🗺️ utilize a silvally in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
THE BORDER: EJ #2
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 13:08:51 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Oh, shit.

Had he taken a wrong turn out at Mount Pyre, again?!

The same rolling fog from the last time he was here was… well, it was absolutely back, and it was not a welcome presence!

“Oh, no.”

He then pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes; the better to shutter out the building pressure in the back of his head as he then took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself down…

Surely, he could find his way out of here the same as last time—right? Right?

All he had to do was to go…

No, no, Jack—don’t go wandering into the rolling fog! That’s the fastest way you’ll get lost in the midst!

Once he’d calmed himself down enough, he then looked around, and then wondered… huh.

Did… did his shadow disappear?

+
+ setting up for 18: lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 15:09:46 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

She was back there in Mt. Pyre where the mountain was surrounded by grey smoke. Her last trip to the rift ended up with her meeting Jack at that place, so she’ll have to find him again. It really looked like a much drearier place than the foggy streets of Hammerlocke, but she didn’t worry about being unprotected. The ambassador’s Silvally moves along with her though it nudged her onto a moving a shadow on the ground.[break][break]

And Elise’s shadow moves in a way that it didn’t move like it would. She gets a little creeped out by it moving out of her range. Her Gengar tended to do something like it, so she thought it would have something to do with her mischievous ghost type Pokemon. [break][break]

“We’ll have to find Jack this time.” The ambassador speaks to her Silvally and tries to move on into the misty area around the mountain.

TAGS [break]
NOTESDoing Prompt: 18 lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 15:39:17 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The longer he looked down at the ground, the more evident (not to mention obvious) it became that his shadow was indeed, missing from where it normally should be.

“Oh, shit. I was afraid of this,” he continued to nobody in particular.

Out of habit, he then summoned his Absol in a flash of red light, who then appeared for a four-point paw landing and blinked the moment she realized that something was amiss about him.

“Y-yeah. Something’s missing. And… I need you here with me,” he continued quietly as he continued looking around; hoping that they weren’t going to get even more lost than they already were in the gloom.

“Shall we go?” he asked; the Absol squinted at him, before finally nodding and taking the lead; him following her—eyes still peeled for wherever the fuck his shadow had disappeared off to.

+
+ doing prompt 18: lose your shadow, or encounter your shadow moving independently of you.

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 16:29:32 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

In the middle of going through the misty area, there was something in the distance. The shadow from the ambassador moved towards it. maybe it had something to tell to the Galarian royal. “We should follow it, it’s trying to tell us something.” Her Silvally nods to its trainer’s words as the chimera-like Pokemon follows after the shadow until they came at the mountain’s base where the shadow stops. Elise comes up to the object and sees that it’s a broken seal at Mt. Pyre’s base.[break][break]

“It does not look good.” She’d examine it further and make sense of it. Whatever broke the seal, that person or Pokemon must have been very strong. She remembers the last time that she went to the border with jack, they both ended up defeating a angered and vestigal spirit of a Moltres before going back home from the rift.

TAGS [break]
NOTESDoing Prompt: 01 examine the broken seal to the north, found against the base of a mountain.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:25:06 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
He was still lost.

Normally, he wouldn’t have minded; however today was an entirely different matter altogether—his shadow was missing, to boot! Just how bad was his luck going to be today?!

He heard his Absol growling quietly from up ahead, and he quickly made tracks, coming to a stop just right behind her because he did not want whatever was waiting for him to attack—

Instead, though, he would see—lots of people. And Pokémon, too!

The two were literally in the middle of a track where there were the procession of people and Pokémon were marching—

For a few moments he would forget that he was lost.

Little did he know that there was a nasty surprise waiting when he looked down and realized that what he was seeing wasn’t exactly 100% alive anymore!

+
+ setting up for 21: encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:43:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

When she and her Silvally finish looking at the broken seal at the base of the north side of the mountain, the chimera looks over to the shadow near its trainer as it sees the shadow of the royal behave now. “If we’re going to be lost here, we may as well make a camp of sorts.” As a ranger cadet, her boss and mentor had always made it very important that a ranger should be setting up a little camp in case she couldn’t find her way here in a strange place.[break][break]

And that the mist grew a bit deeper than both the ambassador and her Silvally imagined. [break][break]

Seiros goes a bit far into a nearby forest to get some wood for a campfire while Elise sends out her Cyndaquil to assist with campfire making. Since her Silvally would coming back soon, they’d wait for the chimera to come back with wood though the royal wonders where Jack could be at that point. In a few minutes, the Silvally comes back with some planks of woods in its mouth as it drops them for the young purple-haired woman to make a stack and let Cecily use Flamethrower to make their campfire.[break][break]

When the Cyndaquil finishes, Elise starts with helping to pitch a tent. If her other companion was in the Border too, he might be able to see the campfire acting as a smoke signal.

TAGS [break]
NOTESDoing Prompt: 17 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 13:02:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The parade of people and Pokémon seem to go on forever—what was taking them so long to finish? What was up with them?!

Not until he had half a brain to look down did he realize that…

“What the fu—?!” he yelped; almost jumping into his Absol’s line of sight who let out a noise of surprise as both pairs of living eyes looked down…

And realized that the marching people and Pokémon didn’t have feet!

“Are—are you seriously kidding me?!” he exclaimed as he then tried looking for another way around—walking through ghosts didn’t feel all great, apparently—and his Absol decided to take matters into her own hands.

“Cordy? Cordy?! Where are you going?!” he exclaimed as the blur of white darted off into the undergrowth…

+
+ doing prompt 21: encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 14:35:48 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

If Jack hadn’t come to see their campfire, something was very wrong. She gets up from her seat around the campfire and spoke to her two Pokemon. “We’ll have to find him.” The Cyndaquil and Silvally nod before the trio leave the campsite and head in the direction of the mist near the forest. Seiros the Silvally takes the lead and it sniffs for any scent that the white-haired man leaves behind. The female Cyndaquil’s flame lights up the way for them to see through the mist in the woodlands too.[break][break]

When they come deep into the forest, the first thing that the Silvally sees is an Absol, much like the one that Jack owned. A bark comes from the Silvally as it’ll run forward to follow a scent that it believed to be Jack’s. It took a while for the woman and her Cyndaquil to catch up to the chimera Pokemon until she sees a panicked looking man with his familiar white hair looking for his Pokemon.[break][break]

“Jack?” The ambassador calls out while the Silvally looks around for the Absol they saw. “If you were looking for your Absol, I think we saw her earlier when I had to chase my Silvally to find you.” If his Absol was scared, she’ll have to help calm his down when she can find his dark type around the forest.

TAGS [break]
NOTESDoing Prompt: 🗺️ utilize a silvally in an advantageous way.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 7:02:55 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Oh, how he hated it when the fog got even thicker than the last time and then—

“Cordy?! Oh, I swear you’re going to get it—” he trailed off. This was before his fortunes decided to turn around by themselves and he would hear a familiar voice cutting through the gloom—

“Miss Elise?!” he exclaimed; turning around before blinking a few times to make sure he wasn’t seeing things.

“Who… who’s that Pokémon with you?” he asked her afterward as he continued to squint into the swirling mist up ahead.

His Absol just had to pull a fast one on him, and was most likely lost in the fog… bleh.

+
+ thankful to see a familiar face!

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 16:02:14 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Thankfully, Jack was okay and he didn’t appear to be hurt anywhere. His Absol though… Cordy was probably scared of something and the female dark type had run off too.[break][break]

“It’s nice to see you again.” The royal smiles a little at the white-haired man though he begins to ask what kind of Pokemon her Silvally was. “That’s my Silvally, I ended up rescuing it when it was a Type: Null and it saved me from a group of aggressive spirits on my way out of this place last time.” [break][break]

She’ll look toward the mist where it was a little hard to see where his Absol went. “If you want, I can have my Silvally track down where Cordy went.” The Silvally beside the ambassador would go ahead and sniff around for a scent of the female dark type. [break][break]

When it picks up the Absol’s smell, it runs towards the mist and she quickly follows the chimera-like Pokemon along with the female Cyndaquil running after her compatriot too.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:12:54 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The moment she mentioned that she’d met her new Pokémon companion while they were on their way out—he had to do a backtrack and belatedly realized something.

“Wait… I didn’t see that Pokémon with you when we made our escape from here,” he mused quietly as he turned to her, before blinking a few times at the new Pokémon companion.

Definitely something to muse on later, he thought to himself as he began to whistle—

A few moments later, the sound of running would reach their ears; and his Absol would finally return back to them; fur all ruffled up and dirt-caked.

“Cordy! Where’d you run off to?!” he initially admonished the Absol, before running over and hugging her afterward. “Don’t run off like that, okay?”

All’s well that ends well, right?

Right?

+
+ Absol found!

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,325 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:29:12 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

That Pokemon appeared to be the stranger that Jack Napier had met with. He mentions that he didn’t see the Silvally with her when they ere making their escpae from the area last time. “I think I’ve put it inside a Dusk Ball, so that I can keep it safe after we got out.” She says while they keep looking for his Absol. Sounds of running footsteps were heard when the ambassador sees the shape of a dark type Pokemon run towards her trainer.[break][break]

“Oh! There’s Cordy!” Elise breathes a sigh of relief when the Absol joins up with Jack and he’d ask where the Absol had been. Now, they can get out of the rift and she’ll be able to dive back into this place the next time that they can meet. “Let’s get out and rest up. I think your Absol will be okay too.”[break][break]

Everything was okay, right? Maybe?

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]