Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
GC Excursion B: Shred and Elisabeth are Anti-Science
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 6:11:51 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It's a fairly simple mission, all things considered: Attack a League research station, plunder whatever valuable data they've gathered, and then wreck the rest. On a grander scale, one might see this as an devious act of sabotage, the destruction of resources and the denial of information. But for you? This is just another dirty job. A hit and run, a smash and grab, whatever you want to call it, you've done it many, many times before.

Of course, it's not exactly the same as back then.

For one, it's taking place in the Great Chasm. The rocky cliffs and dense jungles are a big change from the cities and towns you're used to, but that's hardly a detriment. If anything, no laws, no witnesses, and no collateral just makes this all the easier for you.

For two, you've got Archaludon now. You spare a glance back to the lumbering beast as it trudges along the rugged path, every step accompanied by a metallic groan and a heavy thud. According to the boys in the armoury department, this thing has insane destructive power. As you watch it plod along, you can't say you're convinced, but that won't stop you from giving it a shot.

And for three, you've got Elisabeth Fiorelli on you side.

You don't have much to say about that. Namely, because you don't want to say anything stupid. You haven't said much to her for the exact same reason. Seriously, the last time you two crossed paths, she tried to kill you with her snail for no reason. So, there's no point risking anything that could get on her bad side, right? Arceus knows what unknowable torment she'd inflict upon you if you did piss her off...

...Still, though...

ZKYjIgk6
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 4:10:36 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

It would be giving far too much credit to suggest she had chosen Beast out of some sadistic desire to prolong his torturous adventure in the Rocket bathrooms.[break][break]

The reality, in truth, was she had selected the first Beast who had appeared available for this mission. A strange desire for senseless violence had taken over her as of late, and simple missives like this one enabled that unhealthy instinct nicely.[break][break]

For that reason, perhaps, she had brought Wo-chien with her as her Pokemon of choice. The two had begun warily interacting with one another more since being forced to wield the Ruinous Beast's power against Kyurem, and without meaning to, Elisabeth had slipped into old habits far too comfortably and with far too little resistance.[break][break]

She told herself she was more in control of her mental faculties at present than she had been on Mirage Island. In the strictest, most technical sense of the word, that observation of herself was true.[break][break]

But it was not as true as she'd have liked it to be.[break][break]

"Beast. Given you are the tactical expert in matters of warfare," she began, glancing over the hulking Archaludon before her green eyes flitted to her companion, "what is the strategy you'd like to employ in this mission?"[break][break]

She refused to call him by his codename, 'Dread Threatening.' She'd die first.[break][break]

xlfZcF_l

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 23:45:07 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Calling you a "tactical expert in matters of warfare" was EXTREMELY generous. You'd consider yourself a good fighter, maybe even a great one, but a strategist? That's borderline lying. Then again, you're not one to turn down a """compliment""" from a hot woman, especially at a time like this. Seriously, your self-esteem is fucked right now. It'll take whatever it can get.

"First and foremost, target the infrastructure." You think out loud, bandaged fingers stroking your bandaged chin. "Tents, buildings, equipment, doesn't matter what. If it looks like it's expensive, either take it or destroy it. After that? Focus on anyone trying to pick a fight and take them out. And once we've broken their ranks? Make examples of the runners. Hurt them, scar them, cripple them, but don't kill them. Let them run back to the League, Show them what happens when you pick the wrong side."

There's venom in both your voice and your words, a reignited desire to destroy the League. It's unsurprising, considering what they've done to you. You'll hurt them the same way they hurt you, and you'll do it a million times over. And that? That, you'll consider merciful.

"Me and the big guy will play fire support." You knock twice upon the alloy exterior of Archaludon, who doesn't respond. Strong and silent type, huh? You respect it. Arceus knows the rest of your Pokemon talk enough to fill the dead air. "Support from range, target structures, flush them out. You... Well, I don't think I need to tell you what to do, do I?"

fPy7FAuD
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 1:24:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Well. This was refreshingly simple.[break][break]

Military stratagems weren't exactly her forte, but this sort of thing she felt confident in executing more or less. How fortuitous.[break][break]

"We demolish the infrastructure, then," she said with a brusque incline of her head in approval. A palmed Pokeball released, unveiling a whinnying Glastrier with frost-wreathed hooves. "Straightforward enough."[break][break]

She mounted the glacial stallion, glancing down at the Beast as if debating whether or not this was a reckless, foolhardy plan. Some part of her whispered that it was -- the part of her that was more comfortable being a poisoner in the shadows than a melee unit on the frontlines.[break][break]

(In all fairness, Elisabeth didn't know what a melee unit was either. had never gotten far enough to explain the concept that one time they unknowingly gamed together.)[break][break]

"I'll leave Wo-chien with you, just in case," she said, and the pinpricks of ochre eyes in the shadows revealed the Ruinous Beast hissing on the sidelines. "Follow when ready."[break][break]

The AVALANCHE that struck the earth with the Glastrier's brisk gallop forward caused the nearby buildings to begin to collapse all around them.[break][break]

It would soon become evident that one or neither of them knew what they were doing.[break][break]

xaOMQRIS

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 3:42:24 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As Elisabeth rides off upon the wintry steed to do battle, you're left alone with Wo-Chien. Burnt orange eyes stare at your with disdain, and you stare back with burnt eyes of your own. Your interactions with the Ruinous Treasure have been strenuous at the best of times, and after all that's happened, your patience for it and its ilk is at an all time low.

You don't know if it can understand what you're thinking. Even if it can, you doubt it'd care to oblige. Still, you think it anyway: "Don't fuck with me right now.".

With that out of the way, you turn your attention back to the battlefield. Already, an Avalanche is sweeping across the encampment, crushing tents under tons of snow and sweeping up stray scientists in the cascade of white. You have no doubt that, if she wanted to, Fiorelli could've singlehandedly crushed this outpost without your help. Still, you're here, aren't you? So you might as well contribute. If nothing else, it'll help you blow off some steam.

"Electro Shot."

As rangers scurry like ants to mount a counter-offensive to the Glastrier, your Archaludon takes position and begins to charge. Lightning sparks throughout his alloy body, causing shining silver to glow an eye-searing blue. All the while, electricity gathers within his open mouth, building up such overwhelming power that his maw is forced wider and wider with every crackle of power...

...He's sure taking his sweet time getting ready, isn't he? What, does he just not have any sense of urgency at all? Fucking hell... As you look back towards the ongoing raid, you can only hope there's something left to fire at by the time he's done charging.

PlDuy3Pk
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 23:40:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

This was the thing no one told you about destroying an entire group of buildings: you probably didn't want to be in the center of all the wreckage. Elisabeth, belatedly, caught onto that idea as the giant chunks of snow slide off the nearby structures, causing them to groan loudly and topple one after the other.[break][break]

Cutting off her exit, in fact.[break][break]

The Glastrier whinnied in warning, bucking as Elisabeth swore under her breath. She glanced behind her to see an impenetrable wall of ice and snow, and concern rose in her for the Beast she'd left behind.[break][break]

"Beast," she called, and no one responded. "Beast?" Still no answer. A terrible sense of dread took hold of her. "DREAD THREATENING?" she shouted at the top of her lungs.[break][break]

Arceus, this was the worst mission ever.[break][break]

A strange light began to shine behind the snow then, glowing brighter and brighter with dreadful intent.[break][break]

Meanwhile Wo-chien watched it build from its side of the barrier, waiting for the beam to fire with an unimpressed look in its beady ochre eyes.

_N08FBlm

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 0:48:54 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Finally, finally, after an agonisingly long wait, the Electro Shot fires.

A beam of pure destructive voltage fires forth, effortlessly punching a hole through the avalanche. Then, like a falling star, it crashes into the midst of an unfortunate group of rangers and their Pokemon. With an ear-melting screech of raw electrical noise, the poors sods are consumed by a violent fulmination, and once the light fades and the static goes quiet, they're left on the ground, smoke rising from their unconscious bodies.

"Not bad." You whistle, or at least, you do your best approximation of a whistle. You never could get it down pat, though. "Now, let's go catch up before--"

"I AM THE HERALD, AND I AM ARRIVED."

"...Huh?" You blink, looking back to your Archaludon. The attack has already fired, and yet, his body is still glowing from the sheer amount of electricity within it. The hell? "You, uh, you good, bud?"

"TELL THEM, SHRED ZEPPELIN. TELL THEM THAT WAR HAS DESCENDED UPON THEM. THEY SHALL KNOW THE FACE OF THE HORSEMAN AS IT TRAMPLES THEM UNDERFOOT."

At that, the so-called herald rushes forth with uncharacteristic speed, bursting through the dense snow as though it were little more than drywall. It did not even pay Elisabeth or her Glastrier any heed as it thundered past them, his eyes focused solely on the foes ahead. One Dragon Claw slammed a Machoke on the side of the head and sent it tumbling down. Another caught a Sneasel by the throat and smashed it down into the dirt below.

Arceus fuck, this guy's a nutcase.

You shoot a puzzled look back to Wo-Chien, only to shrug. Then, after a moment, you remember a critical detail: SHIT, ELISABETH IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT WALL.

"ELISABETH? ELISABETH!" You call out, running up to the wall and climbing through the gap that the metal dragon left in his wake. "ARE YOU STILL THERE? YOU'RE OKAY, RIGHT?"

Please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead...

OKuLS_tV
TOTAL: 405.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 2:36:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The ELECTRO SHOT heralded a glorious symphony of chaos, answering her plea.[break][break]

Light, radiant and terrible, burst through the debris with a shattering of glass and snow. The impact sent Elisabeth and her stallion to the ground, flinging her against the walls of ruined science structures. A delayed IRON DEFENSE shimmered before horse and fallen rider, protecting against unexpected projectiles as the Beast's herald performed its magnificent barrage of destruction.[break][break]

The Archaludon took no prisoners. The scientists of this outpost had no chance, not between the onslaught of snow and now liquid-hot electricity.[break][break]

Elisabeth's eyes widened slightly.[break][break]

To think a Beast's single Pokemon had such power. Incredible. No wonder he'd been given the mantle of one of Rocket's most powerful members. If she were to be brutally honest with herself, she'd had her doubts about this one, but she'd kept them private. No need to cause any more 'infighting,' as would accuse her of doing.[break][break]

She turned to look at the distant man with a newfound respect, only to wince as her ankle gave way the moment she tried to stand.[break][break]

Had she sprained it? Arceus, just her luck. She stared at her ankle, swollen and miserable, and let out a vexed sigh. Well. How mortifying.[break][break]

"I'm alive," she called back, finally hearing his distant voice. Again she attempted to stand, and again she failed, managing to get to her knees as she leaned against her Glastrier. "Mildly incapacitated, but fine."[break][break]

Bitterly, she wished her powers more easily lent themselves to healing. What ones did were tied to Wo-chien... who was unfortunately on the other side of the infrastructural nightmare she'd trapped herself in.[break][break]

And if she knew that Ruinous Beast at all, it probably found the whole situation profoundly amusing.[break][break]

CK7YM6Pv

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 5:33:25 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
This outpost is in shambles. The infrastructure is buried under a smothering blanket of snow. The personnel are routing in the face of supercharged dragon's rampage. The data they've gathered is yours to the taking, though you doubt much of it is worth taking to begin with.

You've succeeded in your every objective, while they have failed to stop you. You stand victorious, and they lay defeated. All in all, this should be a decisive victory.

But it doesn't feel like it, does it? This isn't the grand vengeance you envisioned. all these nameless faceless nobodies, these rangers and scientists struggling in vain, they didn't hurt you. They're all just cogs in the machine of the League, made to turn and turn and turn until they’re worn down and broken. There's no satisfaction in breaking cheap parts built to be replaced. You need to break the factory that spits them out in the thousands. Then, and only then, will you be able to smile and mean it.

Besides, Elisabeth's been injured. Sure, it doesn't seem that bad, but still, c'mon. An Underboss and a Beast can't take out the trash without getting themselves hurt? It's not a great look for the either of you.

"Looks like we're just about done here." You declare, watching as Archaludon stomps a poor Hitmontop into the ground. "We can leave the big guy to wrap things up, and I'll swoop him back up later. Until then..."

You pick Elisabeth up.

It's force of habit, mostly. As a Rocket Beast, you've taken many a grunt on many a mission, and few of them end flawlessly. You're used to lugging your injured underlings off the battlefield and away to relative safety. Of course, the difference here is that the Underboss, as her title implies, is your overling. For whatever reason, your brain doesn't quite seem to clock that fact.

Initially, you try for something resembling a princess carry, but that's exceptionally difficult when you only have one arm. Instead, you settle on slinging her over your shoulder as though you're the world's worst firefighter.

"Let's head back and get your foot fixed up, yeah?"

And just like that, you begin the long walk back to base.

g5xs67Zq
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 5:56:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She didn't have the same grief about destruction and devastation that he did. Better them than us, was the voice that whispered back to her when she stared at that bleak reality. Better to be the villain than the victim.[break][break]

Though in her current state, she felt more like the latter than she'd prefer. It was a reminder that no matter how high she ascended in Rocket, her own personal weaknesses continued to drag her down in the eyes of others.[break][break]

She'd met several Beasts during her tenure in Rocket, besides .[break][break]

, whose Xerneas might have healed her in her current state, while he laughed at her seeming weakness compared to his own strength. , who would have made a searing remark about her inability to keep up with him, blunt and harsh in his judgment of her. , whom she'd once hoped to impress during a dim-lit conversation at a bar. and , who probably would have cracked a joke or two, but been shocked and concerned to see her in this state.[break][break]

When this Beast came to her, she didn't know what to expect from him exactly. One-armed and mummified, it was difficult to read his expression at a distance. She tensed, preparing for a judgment that she knew to expect for someone in her position. Better to expect the worst, wasn't that right?[break][break]

That way nothing could surprise you. Except, impossibly, he did.[break][break]

offered no critique of her as he moved to lift her from the ground -- something she initially resisted, until she realized how impossible the effort would be to rise up on her own. Leaning on him to get upright, she stared at him in mild confusion, which was enough time for him to enact his baffling plan of tossing her over his shoulder.[break][break]

"You might find it easier," she said, attempting to bite back the less-than-charitable thoughts this position invoked in her, "to simply deposit me on my Glastrier."[break][break]

It wasn't gratitude, but it wasn't an insult either. That made it a fair enough compromise of her feelings.[break][break]

Having managed to convince him that leveraging her Pokemon was the path of least resistance, she avoided the unbearable fate of being seen carried on someone's back into the base. Rather than a sharp annoyance, however, a pensiveness took hold of her as she studied him from atop the Glastrier.[break][break]

"It goes without saying that your discretion is appreciated." She stated it like it was a fact rather than a request. She wasn't sure she had the right to demand it from him, but she wasn't above leveraging her position to make it so.[break][break]

Then again. He had chosen not to make light of her predicament, hadn't he? Her implied order suddenly left a bad taste in her mouth; she swallowed back the guilt it had unexpected invited, burying that emotion to the best of her ability.[break][break]

"Your Pokemon fought well back there," she said instead, compelled to say something -- anything -- to distract herself. "I'll be sure to make a note of it in your files."[break][break]

An awkward silence lingered the rest of the journey home.[break][break]

tFfMNwNA

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 21:33:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: